It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by dilly1

I can see why you say that about Religion but when it comes to Aliens there actually some Evidence behind it so please don't group those together

Oh you mean evidence that can be fabricated: photos,video,eyewitness accounts ,,,oh and stupid scars. Have you ever taken a photography course. Try it

You're all in the same boat. Your response is a typical response from someone brainwashed. "Don't you dare compare me to those people"

Sure buddy

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Headband7

They fight for and in the name of their God. And in American Muslims are discriminated against it for it. But when women kills their baby in the name of God it's not taken seriously even though both sides are doing it for their God.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
yes it is brainwashing. I was having a friendly discussion with my nephews who are adults then their grandmother /my mother inlaw who is a jehovah's witness butted into the conversation. It was like debating with aan idiot she wouldn't commit to any points I was making which I knew were true about doctrine changes. She couldn't explain how the leaders got their information.She said god's spirit moved them.Yes but how does that transfer to the pages of the watchtower.Either they are talking to god or making it up with all the things that are wrong. The whole arguement went know where. Now she is using the bible as a excuse to have nothing to do with me.She said not to have dealings with such a man aka apostate.How dare I attack her religion. No real loss. She has been a real disruptive influence for her whole family not just me. They are not allow to debate incase it causes doubt therefore lose favour with god.So dont question anything at all. Yes brainwashing at its finest

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Do you have any Evidence for your claims?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well, the idea behind brainwashing, is that it means you do something where you have no choice.

As the majority of christian followers are brought up to believe in the stories as a child (getting christened, etc)... they don't really have a choice, and most older people only believe or associate themselves with christianity because of that.

The school i went to (primary school) was classed as a CVCE school, meaning that it's associated with the church of england, and we had to sing hymns during registration, which was pretty mind boggling for a kid like me when my parents didn't christen me or have anything to do with firm beliefs. There were times during my first few years of school where the teacher would treat me unequal, sometimes ignoring me for the reason i am left handed.

There was one teacher in particular who forced me into admitting i had kicked down another kid in the playground when we simply ran into each other (knocked heads) in which she called me a child of the devil, and even mentioned the fact i was left handed... all i can tell you is my parents were not happy in the slightest, especially when the other kid's parents were SERIOUS christians. Its almost like i was punished for not believing in god or jesus.

After reading that, you can probably tell why i might lean towards christianty as a form of brain-washing.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
To me the ONLY problem with Christianity is that it gives names to the Source Of Creation and the Anointed One causing a major degree of separations my name is better than your name for instance a sort of ego if you will. I do declare myself a follower of The Christ and at one with The Source.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Headband7
reply to post by dilly1

Since when did science become a religion? Science has undisputable facts supporting there's no leap of faith there thats way off base. Scientology for sure, but science/ I get scientists individual theories yeah thats a leap but when they have the concrete evidence supporting them, there's no question. Like Christians believe that evolution didn't happen, are you crazy of course it did just look at the evidence it's been proven time and time again, Creation way different God created it yes but evolution is probably his way of making sure that it stays populated and in the best possible way.

Wow "Johnny literal" here.
Of course science has produced facts. But what actually. Not one for solving daunting universal questions. And real science has a very good chance of being suppressed.. Just ask Tesla how his invention are doing ..So then the science propaganda , which is everywhere, preaches "theories" as fact. And then ignorant people seeing it on the History channel or Discovery ,with all these certified professional,,,(and it is all an educated guess). Assume it all fact.... millions of people really believe the Big Bang is a Fact. Why? Cause they are brainwashed.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Christianity and all so-called religions are brain washing. most (if not all) the old testament heroes are thugs going around murdering...folks and i mean the entire community - women and children.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by dilly1

Do you have any Evidence for your claims?
Do you?? Your the one claiming intelligent life from many light years has arrived on this planet(currently).

Anything man made can be twisted. If you don't believe that your,,,,,,,, brainwashed....yep I said it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

There are also a lot of other draconian "laws" in the book of Leviticus. Have you read it?

Leviticus 19:27 reads “You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads nor harm the edges of your beard.”

Watch Football? At least, the pure version of football, where you play with a pigskin. The modern synthetic footballs are ugly and slippery anyways. Leviticus 11:8, which is discussing pigs, reads “You shall not eat of their flesh nor touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.” Better throw out that bacon.

No tattoos. Leviticus 19:28 reads, “You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord.”
Not even a little butterfly on your ankle. Or Thug Life across your abdomen. Or even, fittingly enough, a cross.

Polyester, or any other fabric blends. The Bible doesn’t want you to wear polyester. Not just because it looks cheap. It’s sinfully unnatural. Leviticus 19:19 reads, “You are to keep My statutes. You shall not breed together two kinds of your cattle; you shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor wear a garment upon you of two kinds of material mixed together.”
Check the tag on your shirt right now. Didn’t realize you were mid-sin at this exact second, did you?

Divorce. The Bible is very clear on this one: No divorcing. You can’t do it. Because when you marry someone, according to Mark 10:8, you “are no longer two, but one flesh.” And, Mark 10:9 reads, “What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.”

Shellfish. Leviticus 11:10 reads, “But whatever is in the seas and in the rivers that does not have fins and scales among all the teeming life of the water, and among all the living creatures that are in the water, they are detestable things to you.” And shellfish is right in that wheelhouse.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

No I claimed there some type of Evidence for Aliens. I did my own research so I guess I brainwashed myself O.o

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I personally think that everyone should be practicing their religion on an individual bases. That way no one is too powerful to corrupt the rest.

I starred you for that. I fully agree that religion should be a distinctly personal thing. When asked, I always say my religion is like a favorite jacket. It fits me perfectly, but may not fit you, it feels good on me, keeps me warm and happy, and I can take it off anytime I want to.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Oh and im not sure of this but people really examine the Evidence and Fakes and Legit Sighting/Video etc can are are known and proven real. Even if only 3% of UFO sighting are kefir. I thought you should know that do to you limited knowledge of Ufology.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

I asked my father-in-law once what kept him going to church, and he didn't say "love", he said because he'd go to Hell if he didn't respect "Jesus and the lord." If fear keeps you Christian, then you really need to question the motives of the God your religion is preaching about.

I respectfully disagree. If fear keeps you Christian, then you need to question what kind of relationship you really have with God in the first place. To say you need to question the motives of God is like saying my daughter should question my motives and my love for her every time I choose to discipline her.

You misunderstood. I said you need to question "the motives of the God your religion is preaching about." Not God's motives. God, if you believe in a one and all powerful being, would be nothing like the God being taught about in Churches. God wouldn't care about things like worship or tithing. These are mortal ideas. The single path to God/Heaven is also a false claim religions like to preach.

So, tell me a little more about your God. Does He have the power and authority over life? Does he acknowledge sin? What makes Him different? Why doesn't he care about worship?
edit on 30-12-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LunaKat

Originally posted by autowrench
Please, allow me? Bible orders people to kill? Yes, it most certainly does. It always amazes me how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said “Thou shall not kill”.

For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21).

I would give this post of yours 10 stars if I could Autowrench. Whenever I tell Christians that their God murdered people they don't believe me. Followed by the famous, "but thats the Old Testament." Ya! And thats the God their Jesus is trying to draw them to. He wants them to worship that Father --uh the one of the Old Testament. Same one.

Do you know nothing about Gods? Do you have any idea how many Gods are like this?

Even the pagan Gods and Goddesses.

I can name dozens of Gods and Goddess off the top of my head, and all of them have these stories.

Before we go off on Mother Nature, there is no harsher mistress.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Yeah, you quite sure about that? You and an awful lot of extremely ignorant people in this thread confuse the issues.

It's you who has been completely brainwashed by your own inability to think critically through your own peculiar prejudices. If you want to be taken even remotely seriously you'd have realized it is people, and people alone who have warped and misrepresented the essence of the message inherent within Christianity, and I don't even have to follow it to realize that. Christianity, per se, hasn't killed anyone: as far as I understand it, it speaks of compassion, love and forgiveness. You've failed to produce a single [Christian] quote in support of your ludicrous misrepresentation revealing your true intent in this thread. You really should've argued from the outset that 'religion', or rather 'organized religion' is brainwashing. That would've been more credible, but your intent here is obvious. I'm sorry the baptists you approached rejected you as a practicing wicca, but I'm not surprised. It obviously had a huge impact on your fragile personality. I was once locked up for calling a catholic priest a hypocrite btw, but I got over it, it really was no big deal, and I never once confused the message with the organized interpretation of the content.

Y'know something else, guns don't kill people either, people do.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
i think alot of the disagreements on this subject are a matter of misunderstanding. for example:

1. both the sumerian enlil and the sumerian enki did deeds comparable (and identical) in nature to that of yahweh's deeds, as did the sumerian Anu. that means if enki came back to the planet and said he was yahweh (or rather, that's the name their sacred texts called him), he would not be lying. and if enlil came back and said he was yahweh (or rather, that's the name their sacred texts called him), he would not be lying.

2. this comparison does not mean that it was copied or robbed from the sumerians. EN-ki, EN-lil, the word EN = Lord. The etymology of their names goes back to the root words that comprise the word yahweh. Enki was a son of Anu, and a younger brother of Enlil. Or the other version is, Enki was a grandson of Anu and a son of Enlil. Anu was the god of the heavens.

3. so let's say Enki is Jesus. He could call himself Yahweh and not be lying because he did deeds in the sumerian texts that the biblical texts attribute to Yahweh. If you're gonna go to see someone who only knows you by the name their ancestors called you and you wanted them to know who you were, why wouldn't you use the name their ancestors knew you by?

4. Since both Enki and Enlil were "gods", it makes sense that Jesus would say he was god and not just any god but yahweh. and yet he's the son of god, at the same time, since the other yahweh is Enlil or Anu

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by LunaKat

Originally posted by autowrench
Please, allow me? Bible orders people to kill? Yes, it most certainly does. It always amazes me how many times this God orders the killing of innocent people even after the Ten Commandments said “Thou shall not kill”.

For example, God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21).

I would give this post of yours 10 stars if I could Autowrench. Whenever I tell Christians that their God murdered people they don't believe me. Followed by the famous, "but thats the Old Testament." Ya! And thats the God their Jesus is trying to draw them to. He wants them to worship that Father --uh the one of the Old Testament. Same one.

Do you know nothing about Gods? Do you have any idea how many Gods are like this?

Even the pagan Gods and Goddesses.

I can name dozens of Gods and Goddess off the top of my head, and all of them have these stories.

Before we go off on Mother Nature, there is no harsher mistress.

I do know that but thats not my point. You missed it entirely. Its when speaking with Christians that they refuse to admit their God ever killed people.

Bravo for you to be able to name dozens.

BTW, you never told me what religion you are.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaKat

I am currently of none. I do not have a religious concept that would be recognizable to most of the 7 billion people on this planet.

You want Christians to get it? Then tell them to read the Bible. They are not educated on the matter, and the solution is simple.

Now, the New Testament does indeed contradict or reform many of these concepts. Further, it doesn't have a limitation that many other religious concepts have, in that those laws/parables are not consider the final solution. Most of what can be considered general "laws" in it are minimum standards, and maximum limitations.
edit on 2011/12/30 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

If spiritual matters are true, then they ought to be self evident. And indeed, assuming this is true, it reveals itself to be such: most religions agree in many areas of matters of the spirit.

If it's not easy to grasp, then it's highly likely someone took a long time to make it up.

Sorry, gorman, but those two statements are objectionable. First of all, mankind has always had a "grasp" of the idea that there is something "other". It is part of our makeup -- to be self-aware, and wonder from whence we came. There is mystery in our world and in our lives.

THAT part is grasped very easily.

It is the nature of those mysteries that is not easy to grasp. Who are you to say "they ought to be" anything? Self evident....you are a self. You have thoughts, ideas, questions, interests, opinions that are unique to you. So does everyone. Some people throughout the millenia have made an attempt to grasp at the universal truth, and to explain it to others. Some have achieved enlightenment, a state of mind that reveals to them their connection to that Truth.

For you to say "if it's not easy to grasp, it's highly likely someone made it up"...doesn't really even make sense. Physics, for example, is very hard for me to grasp. Did someone make it up? Look at how much has been discovered by physicists that was once thought to be impossible?

Same with calculus -- hard to grasp (for me). Each of us has different talents, different innate "awarenesses"...music, languages, acrobatics, physics.....well, if you don't get my point there's no use in listing the myriad subjects that are difficult to grasp and take years of study.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join