It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Occupation has Failed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Whats the matter?

That whole freedom of Speech thing too much to stomach?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

They're not taking a break now either.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by petrus4

Whats the matter?

Freedom of speech is fine. Deliberate, blatant attempts at antagonism are not the same thing. The author of the thread is an obvious troll who is attempting to pour salt in a wound, and this was made even more obvious by his citation of the pathetic rationale with which the political establishment brainwashed the police, in order for the movement to be shut down to begin with.

If the OP had wanted to express a legitimate opinion, he could have done so in a much less antagonistic manner. As I expressed in my thread, both Occupy and its' opposition, are far too heavily populated with testosterone poisoned, 15 year old boys.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wjokrez
reply to post by XPLodER

Iowa is active, above, disrupting a GOP candidate.

Interesting the near immediate outpour of stars in the post just below.
edit on 21-12-2011 by wjokrez because: (no reason given)

i have been on ats long enought to KNOW some members are just staring others posts to make their points look valid.

what matters is the debate not who is stared

the haters flock to these troll threads and star each others ignorence.
the OWS (me included) supporters do the same,
its the nature of the place

xploder

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Never saw ANY of them stop protesting because of cold,police,or Governments.

Hard to take OWS seriously.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

reply to post by petrus4

Whats the matter?

Freedom of speech is fine. Deliberate, blatant attempts at antagonism are not the same thing. The author of the thread is an obvious troll who is attempting to pour salt in a wound, and this was made even more obvious by his citation of the pathetic rationale with which the political establishment brainwashed the police, in order for the movement to be shut down to begin with.

If the OP had wanted to express a legitimate opinion, he could have done so in a much less antagonistic manner. As I expressed in my thread, both Occupy and its' opposition, are far too heavily populated with testosterone poisoned, 15 year old boys.

Well,the same could be said for OWS protesters. I saw plenty of "children" protesting with masks on. Screaming at the police,stopping regular Americans from living their lives,and that have no WANT to be be part of these protests. Isn't the protesting "antagonizing"?

Double standards ................
edit on 21-12-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i honestly think the OP wants OWS to fail,
this is not the same as acually failing.

i think the OP is writting what he wants to happen ,
not the acual reality of the situation,

there are still people all over the world not leaving untill redress is actioned
xploder

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

They haven't stopped protesting and in some places they haven't stopped camping either. Any place thy've stopped that was done through force.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I never saw Gandhi,Nelson Mandela,or MLK take a brake,in what they believed in.

Then again,their movements meant something.

Well said!
They never Occupied their moms basement either

Occupy, in my humble, was never meant to be a lasting force. It was an artificial attempt to rally people for a larger government.
Their central premise, no matter how you dressed it, was for larger government, more draconian oversight, and a net loss of freedoms.

Adbusters, SEIU, Van Jones, et al just could not make it work.

Better luck next time.
edit on 21-12-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Read up to Page 3 and realised this threads potential. Nothing. Same opinions by the same people just patting themselves on the back in an attempt to convince themselves it's all over.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Again, they haven't stopped.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

reply to post by petrus4

Whats the matter?

Well,the same could be said for OWS protesters. I saw plenty of "children" protesting with masks on. Screaming at the police,stopping regular Americans from living their lives,and that have no WANT to be be part of these protests. Isn't the protesting "antagonizing"?

Double standards ................
edit on 21-12-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

Of course it's a double standard. I am not advocating that at all. You might want to read my recent thread in this forum, where I talk about some ideas for Occupy to re-invent itself in a more productive and less combative way.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well said!

Occupy, in my humble, was never meant to be a lasting force. It was an artificial attempt to rally people for a larger government.
Their central premise, no matter how you dressed it, was for larger government, more draconian oversight, and a net loss of freedoms.

Adbusters, SEIU, Van Jones, et al just could make it work.

Better luck next time.

you forgot to add the boggie man sorros
lol
you are so obvious i can see right through you,

out of the play book,
associate a movement with the very people they are against,
lol

they tried the same thing with wikileaks

everyone is equal so no van jones could co opt the movement

i expected a better debate from you buddy

xploder

link   

Originally posted by aaron2209
Read up to Page 3 and realised this threads potential. Nothing. Same opinions by the same people just patting themselves on the back in an attempt to convince themselves it's all over.

Better than those who are delusional enough to think a few thousand will change the world by hiding out in the parks.

link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by sonnny1

They haven't stopped protesting and in some places they haven't stopped camping either. Any place thy've stopped that was done through force.

There you go. Is it protesting OR camping ?

Through force? They could always come back,if it REALLY mattered?

Whats stopping them,cold weather? Jail?

If something mattered to me so much,I would risk all.

EXCUSES.

This movement is a farce,and will not change my life,or the average Americans life one bit.

So many internet OWS warriors,that have the luxury to click away their support daily on ATS,but arnt on the front line of this so called change. If this was my movement,I wouldnt even be here.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

What's all over? The OWS movement that never represented me? You know what? When I want my voice to be heard, it's gonna be heard; quite clearly and loudly. No one wants to pat themselves on the back when that time comes.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

Again, they haven't stopped.

Okay. I'm curious. What is motivating them?
It obviously isn't support of the masses.
Is their faith and need of a nanny state that important?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

I do love the smells and drums comment. It shows why your really glad its over. Very judgement. Least they fight for something. Get back in line drone and do what your government says. And when your as poor as everyone else in the country, we will see which side your on. And when the media reports on how the movement is failing, and people are losing faith. Thats called fear mongering. Thats what the government has been spoon feeding you since your birth. Its to cause doubt. Wake up

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I never saw Gandhi,Nelson Mandela,or MLK take a brake,in what they believed in.

Then again,their movements meant something.

Well said!

Adbusters, SEIU, Van Jones, et al just could not make it work.

Better luck next time.
edit on 21-12-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Can someone change this record already?

It started skipping months ago

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaximosPoena

Better than those who are delusional enough to think a few thousand will change the world by hiding out in the parks.

a much more intelligent person than you said something like this,
"all it takes is a small well motivated group to change the world in fact that is how it has allways been done"
not a direct quote author unknown

you say a few thousand,

PRINCETON, NJ -- Americans have grown a bit more critical over the past month of the methods used by Occupy Wall Street protesters; however, their overall view of the movement and position on its goals have not changed. The majority of Americans, 53%, say they neither support nor oppose the movement, while supporters continue to slightly outnumber opponents.

gallup poll HERE

so a few thousand out of 300 million?

xploder

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join