It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Occupation has Failed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by nenothtu

Same old same old...
Occupy is actually protesting the government in addition to the 1%, I've posted/threaded this I don't even know how many times now. I'd like to say I could just ignore this BS rhetoric...I'm tired of the same arguments the same posts, same links, new stories...answers have been asked for and given, yet I can't. I simply cannot accept ignorance.

OK. If you can expound upon how, precisely, beating drums and screaming at buildings on Wall Street and obstructing people on their way to work is "protesting the government", I suppose I'll be forced to accept that, now won't I?

I simply cannot accept ignorance.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Kali74

AND...

I've said numerous times here at ATS that I agree with the General premise of the movement but think they should do a little house cleaning if they want to gain more support than just a few thousand people at these protests.

There is something seriously wrong when a Star Trek convention attracts 15,000 routinely and when OWS gathers that many they are ecstatic.

And I've said numerous times house cleaning is impossible and any american has the right to participate regardless of their ideology, no one can say I have the right to free speech in this park, but you don't...go home.

Please do expand beyond OWS, it's global, not just in NYC. I think your comparison says a whole more negative in regards to Americans than it does to Trekkies or Occupiers.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I feel like I have a million times. It's not my fault that people would rather argue with me than actually read what I post and link.

In fact I posted like 5 links of Occupy stories from this week alone, a few pages back...
edit on 21-12-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Yeah..

We'll see.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
i see OWS is working and will continue to work

even the haters of OWS on this thread just cant stop talking about them,
they expend energy in this thread and in doing so are debating points to do with OWS

even you slayer are increasing the presence of OWS weather you realize it or not.

you slander something and claim it failed while doing the very thing occupy is about,
generating debate on how bad things are and how to make them better.

i love the fact that nobody tries to defend wall street as they are obviously nasty pieces of work,
every body knows this and OWS has pointed the finger at the crooks.

when the objective is to get people to debate, OWS is a winner on so many levels.
when the objective is to make changes, you can bet OWS will effect change

so haters hate away it puts a smile on my dial to know you cant help but discuss OWS anywhay

LOL

at no time in history has so much been achived in such a short span of time,
i will be reminding people on this sight that THEY called fail way to early
LOL

this thread is a haters paradice,
but fails to fail OWS
LOL

keep trying haters

xploder

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
OWS was the seed of a flower that was planted at the gravesite of the money elite (Wall Street). It's impossible to dismiss a genuine uprising of the people as a failure. Billlions of dollars of media attention have been poured onto OWS. This next spring a new and better prepared OWS will be back to cultivate the gardens of the human mind.

Reactionary critics of OWS are having trouble assimilating what real democracy looks like... because they've never seen one in action. OWS is the real deal folks, small-d democratic, and they will be back in 2012 to represent the voice of the people. The candidates who ignore popular movements will not stand a chance.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

I feel like I have a million times. It's not my fault that people would rather argue with me than actually read what I post and link.

In fact I posted like 5 links of Occupy stories from this week alone, a few pages back...
edit on 21-12-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

Posting links to what someone else thinks does NOT explain to me why YOU think that keeping a guy from getting to work on time is "protesting the government".

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Occupy Des Moines disrupts Gingrich speech
Mike Wiser The Quad-City Times | Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 3:39 pm

qctimes.com/news/local/government-and-politics/elections/occupy-des-moines-disrupts-gingrich-speech/article_dd6d2104-2c1c-11e1-8997-001871e3ce6c. html

DES MOINES — Activists aligned with Occupy Des Moines disrupted a speech by Newt Gingrich at a Statehouse news conference Wednesday to announce two key endorsements for his presidential run.

Gingrich, who served as speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives from 1995-99, was endorsed by Iowa House Speaker Kraig Paulsen of Hiawatha and New Hampshire House Speaker William O’Brien at the event.

The two lawmakers credited Gingrich with engineering a Republican takeover of the House, insisting on balanced federal budgets and forcing then-President Bill Clinton into signing welfare reform.

Gingrich then took the podium and was about two minutes into his speech when an Occupy protester seated behind him yelled out “mic check” and three people heckled the speaker. A security detail removed the protesters, who chanted “put people first” as they were taken into the hallway.

(...)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

they expend energy in this thread and in doing so are debating points to do with OWS

Which, oddly enough, means WE are doing a damn sight more to get things done than OWS is, even while sitting on our asses drinking beer!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

Reactionary critics of OWS are having trouble assimilating what real democracy looks like... because they've never seen one in action. OWS is the real deal folks, small-d democratic, and they will be back in 2012 to represent the voice of the people. The candidates who ignore popular movements will not stand a chance.

"Reactionary"? Where was the last time I heard that word? I can't recall exactly, but it was in the 20th century, same time and place I was hearing things like "capitalist running dogs" and "execute the counter-revolutionaries!"

There are just certain catch-phrases that will jog simply awful memories.

To be honest, I've never seen a "real" democracy, and hope to God I never do. I've been to "People's Democratic Republics", but those, apparently, weren't "real" democracies, either - just a lot closer than what the US has ever been.

The US was not designed to be, nor was it ever supposed to be, a "democracy". Trying to turn it into one is one of the things that will draw me straight towards the beating drums. A good time will not be had by all, including myself.

edit on 2011/12/21 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Although I supported the General Premise and still do. I think Many members shot themselves in the foot and turned people off whenever anybody would raise legitimate questions or concerns about activities and associations that were either carried out by OWS members or in OWS's name and were all too often shown the door with the attitude of...

You are either with us or against us

&

We are the 99%

edit on 21-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Well put and I couldn't agree more. I think they took themselves entirely too seriously and to the point of being self defeating because of it. You're right here. Instead of facing, acknowledging and dealing with the problems they had come up..they denied they even existed and attacked anyone ELSE who dared comment about it.

The thread is true..but sad. I did have high hopes for Occupy in the start because it actually had a large number of people DOING something. It just took awhile to see that SOMETHING wasn't ANYTHING I could support in the way they chose to go about it.

edit on 21-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Which, oddly enough, means WE are doing a damn sight more to get things done than OWS is, even while sitting on our asses drinking beer!

i now understand you are deluded,
its ok i understand that with some people apathy can seem like action
but your statment shows your true intent
you sit online and complain and when somebody does something you complain "thats not how you do it"

do you realise there are hundreds of working groups meeting every day?
or has the MSN not metioned that?

xploder

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

Bravo!!!

Awards Given.................

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Iowa is active, above, disrupting a GOP candidate.

Interesting the near immediate outpour of stars in the post just below.
edit on 21-12-2011 by wjokrez because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Well I suppose it helps if you see those types of stories as mostly the BS that they are.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The movement never made a big difference in my life. Haven't seen nothin' changed to be honest. Maybe cuz it's Christmas time and all, I don't know..or because it's super cold here. Those that fought real battles and real wars truly suffered and they, they get my respect and yes, my attention.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

Sad that you take such pleasure from people "failing" at something that matters (though they clearly haven't). People who not only understand what is wrong with out federal and economic situation but actually got out from behind their computers and went out and tried to do something about it.

Really shows just how unhappy you are with yourself when you focus on people's negative characteristics and stroke your own ego when they "fail."

I say wait until the resurgence of Occupiers in the spring to make any 'final' calls
edit on 21-12-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

I say wait until the resurgence of Occupiers in the spring to make any 'final' calls
edit on 21-12-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

I never saw Gandhi,Nelson Mandela,or MLK take a brake,in what they believed in.

Then again,their movements meant something.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
This is a transparently obvious troll thread, and I'd like to encourage any staff who might be watching, to please close it.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by XPLodER

well i like the way the politicians are now acting...
tim gietner working in the private interest

so do you save the banks?
the choise
we can either have a rational resoluition to the forclosure process or
protect the capital structure of the banks which should we do?

insider trading from congress and senitors
few of them are doing it for the salary

in my humble opinion,
OWS has forced investigations into fraud on wall street
insider trading in congress
prosicution of freddy and fanny

i cant point ot conclusive evidence that OWS bought this about but the timing is more than a coincedence

please watch the vids

xploder
edit on 21-12-2011 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join