It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Occupation has Failed

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

They do keep going back to the parks and keep getting thrown out. The premise of camping is having a 24/7 transparent movement a central gathering place open to all to organize actions and ideas. Protests are one of the forms of action decided by consensus at General Assemblies within the camps which are open to anyone choosing to contribute to.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by sonnny1

I never saw Gandhi,Nelson Mandela,or MLK take a brake,in what they believed in.

Then again,their movements meant something.

Well said!
They never Occupied their moms basement either

Occupy, in my humble, was never meant to be a lasting force. It was an artificial attempt to rally people for a larger government.
Their central premise, no matter how you dressed it, was for larger government, more draconian oversight, and a net loss of freedoms.

Adbusters, SEIU, Van Jones, et al just could not make it work.

Better luck next time.
edit on 21-12-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Can someone change this record already?

It started skipping months ago

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh c'mon. Nanny State? lol
Belief in what they are doing is keeping them going, does corruption still exist in our government? Yes. So they continue to protest.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

Since when was Occupy against their founders?

I've seen their manefestos.
I've seen their demands.

Simply put, they want larger government. They focus on corporate greed yet give a pass to the pols that are part and parcel of that same greed.

No thanks.

Keep your Occupy
Keep your freebies that you want from a larger government.

Occupy was a tantrum. It was a coordinated foot-stomp and a "I'll hold my breathe if I don't get what I want" movement.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by sonnny1

They do keep going back to the parks and keep getting thrown out. The premise of camping is having a 24/7 transparent movement a central gathering place open to all to organize actions and ideas. Protests are one of the forms of action decided by consensus at General Assemblies within the camps which are open to anyone choosing to contribute to.

Not buying it ONE bit.

The premise is to legitimize this movement as the movement of the people. The real 99% want NO part of this movement.

It has already been proven this an attempt to start a NEW political party.

How much more Left can this movement get?

Hmmmm............
edit on 21-12-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by XPLodER

Since when was Occupy against their founders?

i never said that at all

I've seen their manefestos.
I've seen their demands.

im glad that you have read more than most on this thread

Simply put, they want larger government.

where and how did you come to that conclusion?

They focus on corporate greed yet give a pass to the pols that are part and parcel of that same greed.

no the politicians are immune from prosicution for their crimes,
but wall street is prosicutable, get the wall street crooks and discredit the politicians through asociation
there is a plan you know (or should)

No thanks.

Keep your Occupy
Keep your freebies that you want from a larger government.

where do you get larger govenment from that is the exact opposite of what the movement is about,
its about accountability and criminal behaviour by the banks and politicians

Occupy was a tantrum. It was a coordinated foot-stomp and a "I'll hold my breathe if I don't get what I want" movement.

lol
it was a wake up moment lol
looks like you forgot to set your alarm
LOL

xp

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This is the OWS movement. Period.

Illustrated to show you...................

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

you lie blatently

PRINCETON, NJ -- Americans have grown a bit more critical over the past month of the methods used by Occupy Wall Street protesters; however, their overall view of the movement and position on its goals have not changed. The majority of Americans, 53%, say they neither support nor oppose the movement, while supporters continue to slightly outnumber opponents.

link to source

care to comment?

xp

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
No offense to the Occupy people in saying this, as I was once a strong supporter and still DO consider the concept and ideas behind it to be noble and right. Then again, so too are the concepts and ideals behind the Tea Party. Both were co-opted from the inside out and both are now kinda flopping around trying to stay relevant in a nation that has largfely moved on and find them BOTH to be yesterday's news..and not a very good rerun either.

Having said all that..these repeated threads are starting to remind me of Elenin. The big difference is, Elenin had a date certain where it showed up or it didn't and then it was over. This? Jeeze.. will we be debating the former Occupy movement a year from now? Perhaps debating the 'what might have been' 2 years from now? Ouy Vey.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by sonnny1

Not buying it ONE bit.

The premise is to legitimize this movement as the movement of the people. The real 99% want NO part of this movement.

It has already been proven this an attempt to start a NEW political party.

How much more Left can this movement get?

Hmmmm............
edit on 21-12-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

Again lack of understanding the context of the 99%. It's in this thread by the way.
Where's the proof of attempt to start a new political party? Not that I have a problem with that.
It can, by perception, get as far left as the right pushes.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

beezer it breaks my heart to disagree with you as I agree with most of your posts on almost every subject on ats...

but OWS is NOT about bigger government... its about an end of corporations and banks controlling our government.

Don't buy into the MSM (owned by corporations and banks) portrayl of OWS.

Outside of ATS I have not found a single environment with people more awake and focused on the realities of what is going on in our society... like this guy I filmed at our local OWS:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
care to comment?

xp

I will...

As your own source shows many of us [would be supporters] are becoming more critical of the movement

At the same time, Americans have grown slightly more critical of the protests themselves, with more now disapproving than approving of the way the protests are being conducted, 31% vs. 20%

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

As with elenin threads, participation is by user choice. If you find it silly don't bother with it. Seems pretty simple.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The occupation has not failed but has been co opted and turned around. It should have been always about the banks theft of the US tax payers in all the bailouts, but instead it has morphed into a strange anti this and that mish mash of bull #. Heck they are even saying that Communism is the ticket, wow now that is some crazy #.

I believe that Soros has used this "movement" for his means and has done this well.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by sonnny1

you lie blatently

PRINCETON, NJ -- Americans have grown a bit more critical over the past month of the methods used by Occupy Wall Street protesters; however, their overall view of the movement and position on its goals have not changed. The majority of Americans, 53%, say they neither support nor oppose the movement, while supporters continue to slightly outnumber opponents.

link to source

care to comment?

xp

Lie ?
Sure.Its DATED November 21.

Lets wait till next month.......

“Down the road this movement will have to get some real concrete goals,” Lasn said. “But the real goal is when next spring we form a new political party. I don’t know, maybe it will be called the True Cost Party of America.” Currently, the staff of 10 at the Adbusters office is working on these future goals, including the activist dream of a third American political party.

Occupy Wall Street founder hopes to form new political party

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The OWS in my city as of yesterday has been ordered to disperse and remove their camp because of 5 assaults including a stabbing a couple days ago that has a man in critical condition at the hospital.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba

Originally posted by aaron2209
Read up to Page 3 and realised this threads potential. Nothing. Same opinions by the same people just patting themselves on the back in an attempt to convince themselves it's all over.

What's all over? The OWS movement that never represented me? You know what? When I want my voice to be heard, it's gonna be heard; quite clearly and loudly. No one wants to pat themselves on the back when that time comes.

Who said they were representing you? Not another misunderstanding of the 99% concept I hope.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

As your own source shows many of us [would be supporters] are becoming more critical of the movement

When have you ever been a would be supporter.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Of course it failed. You cannot change anything by sitting on street corners or closing docks. We tried in the 60's and 70's. It didnt work. And it wont. Its done.

Let them start a political party and make changes from within. That would work...by peoples votes and legal representatives.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

When were you less critical? What has changed in tactics and philosophy within the movement since day one? Nothing. There is nothing new or different to sway your opinion with. Actions continue, protests continue, camping continues (in some places). You always come out with the I would support but...when in all honesty there's not anything I nor anyone else could say that will make you less critical.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join