It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new "Sky Sound" video

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I'll work on it a little later. Right now, I've gotta track down a "used" present to wrap for Youth Group this evening. I'll think about it on the way there and back (7-minute ferry rides are good for something).

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I was joking about "getting right on it" I appreciate you taking the time to do it!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Kat I found this also that sounds close to it as well.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
How odd and scarey! I have heard no sounds here, although a couple months ago there was a loud machine sounding thing that would go off several times a day, but I think they were working on something around here, cause it stopped, and it would only happen during the day.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

Skipper...this is the "original" that got everyone talking. This happened in Florida and it was after that it became more and more frequent. You know how at the end, it just suddenly stopped? That's how it happened when I heard it....like a switch turned off....then so quiet you could hear a pin drop!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Seems to be different sounds for different skies - the same noise in your vid was heard in the Windsor ON region for a time.

StealthyKat's videos and the last one she posted on this thread, however is what has been heard in central western Cda. Although it is not as loud (seems to be further away as those in the videos) its the same.
Most people are not noticing it here, as they just think they're large jets flying overhead, and usually not outside for long bursts of time being winter, even though it is unusually warm and snow-less here now.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by SkipperJohn

Skipper...this is the "original" that got everyone talking. This happened in Florida and it was after that it became more and more frequent. You know how at the end, it just suddenly stopped? That's how it happened when I heard it....like a switch turned off....then so quiet you could hear a pin drop!

Hi StealthyKat! Just stumbled upon your latest "sounds" thread.
I think I said it in my thread on the sounds - thats what drew the attention to it in the first place - this sound of jets, and then it stopped abruptly for 2 to 3 seconds.. then started just as abruptly, and repeated the stop/start routine. Searched the skies, half expecting to see a jet readying for crash, and, nothing.

The sound went on here for hours through the night.

A few nights later, an electronic hum was heard, different from other night hums we have heard.
Didn't know if it was cuz we were a little freaked out still over the jet-sounds, this electrical hum seemed to have a physical effect on us, in relation to the air pressure - ? The sound was in the note of D, if that helps to explain anything. Anything at all.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

reply to post by IrVulture

You're right it does sound similar. I lived near BelleChase Naval Air Station for years so heard them a lot when they had airshows and all. But my location and the fact that it happened three times kind of makes me doubt. The first time it went on for almost an hour...one of the first paces i called was Barksdale AFB, and of course they said they had nothing up in this area.
They are in Shreveport, so a pretty good distance from where I recorded this in north central Louisiana. But who knows what's flying around....I didn't see anything though.

i lived on air force bases for a number of years....i lived w/in a mile of a flightline of A10s and F16s and B1s for a long time....so i heard engine runs at all hours.....while it does sound a bit like engine runs....it is lasting too long at a time and if people are nowhere near a flightline or air base....then engine runs are discounted, IMO.

also to whomever mentioned the chopper....i weekly have groups of military choppers flying over me...and while the sound could be similar....it doesnt last as long as witnesses are reporting...

im still pretty fascinated with this phenomenon....and have yet to hear it myself (in colorado)
edit on December 21st 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Interesting...maybe the "D" factor could mean something? I've been reading your thread too! The more the better if we can get answers somehow...what you mentioned about sounding like a jet....that's the weird part, because jets don't cut on and off or hover over an area for an hour. Maybe CL can relate the "D" sound to it somehow....thanks for that!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

HI GEL! Maybe you'll hear it one day who knows. I remember you posting on my other thread. What are your thoughts on the most recent one? I know they aren't very good, but what I like is the fact that you can hear people's reactions in it....you can hear the people next door freaking out
Everyone was out that time, as it was extremely loud.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Yes, StealthyKat, I appreciate much your contribution on my sounds thread - a few posters told me just to add to all the existing ATS threads instead of starting a new one.
You, however, added your report of the same, with video. It re-newed my faith in ATSers! haha

Its one thing to see youtubes of the sound in places thousands of miles away.. to hear it in your own skies is freakier than I knew.

Then to be able to record it, & unable to upload-- your video on the same sounds, being heard thousands of miles away at roughly the same times was strangely reassuring.

Am wondering as well about the gas leaks as SO much drilling etc. is being done - everywhere in the province. At a horrifying rate.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Well...if it's getting people's attention, that's what's important. Maybe if there are enough people listening to them we can find some answers.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby

The sound was in the note of D, if that helps to explain anything. Anything at all.

Middle D? That would be ~300 Hz. I've gotta write these frequencies down....

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Damn CL...you are so smart...glad to have you on this. I'm leaving for work, but I'll catch you tomorrow...have a nice night everyone!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby

The sound was in the note of D, if that helps to explain anything. Anything at all.

Middle D? That would be ~300 Hz. I've gotta write these frequencies down....

As I recall, it was one octave higher--
Thanks for sharing your knowledge with all of this - it is a freaking mystery thats just occurring in way to many places in the same general time frame.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Alrighty...so, about 590 Hz.
I would update it in my list of frequencies, but my laptop shut off and I lost the original list, so I'll update it as I redo the whole list over again. Not that there was much to it, but still....

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I just did a frequency analysis of the entire file. Here's what I found:

First of all, there is absolutely no peak frequency at 7.4 Hz. Whatever we think we see in the 0.6-second analysis posted a couple pages ago, it's not a peak frequency at 7.4 Hz. There is nothing of the sort in either the original file or the cleaned version (I analyzed both, of course, just in case the "cleaning" of the second one happened to change anything...which it never).

The roaring sound is a wandering range of frequencies. At first, it hangs between 0 and 200 Hz, and then it expands slightly to between 0 and 250 Hz, before expanding once more to include up to 300 Hz.
So, in general, over the course of the entire file, the sound is a collection of frequencies between 0 and 300 Hz.

Now, the peaks in that range... there are several (though they occur one at a time, so it's a relatively clean sound, it just jumps around a bit).
In the first half of the file, the first peak is at 134, and the second is at 155 Hz.
In the second half, for the time between the loud wind sound and the start of the ringing, the peak wanders from 148 to 147 Hz before vanishing.
Then, the ringing starts, which I'll get to in a sec.
Once the ringing stops, the sound gets louder up to the end, and this is a single peak which pans down from 137 to 130 Hz.

Now, the ringing. It's actually a simultaneous combination of 3, sometimes 4, peak frequencies. The 3 regular peaks are at 1008, 1185, and 1304 Hz. The 4th peak frequency, which is intermittent, is at 948 Hz.

So, there you go. Frequency analysis. What it might mean, I have no idea, but there it is.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

reply to post by mandroids

And you can prove this how? As I said, I am in the middle of nowhere. I can assure you, I know the sounds of everyday life, and I would not have bothered to waste time recording that. Thanks. This is the second time you stated that.... If you can elaborate and prove this is a normal sound....great. But please, if you are going to state it as fact, back it up...I'm open to any explanation....I'm not a ufo freak.....but I do know this is something that is not the norm. I'm not a teenage youtuber.....just putting out BS videos for fun.

But YOU are not a camera..

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mandroids

Not sure what you mean. You said it is city sounds, but I'm not in the city. So I was wondering, what normal sound you think it is. It could be anything, and that's what I want to find out. I thought since you recognize it as everyday sounds, you could elaborate. What is it you recognize it to be? I'm open to all ideas.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I noticed your post and I thought I would shout out a Merry Christmas to ya........Be safe and merry....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join