It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new "Sky Sound" video

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by causal

May I ask what general area you are in? The dates are similar for sure!
edit on 12/20/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by causal

May I ask what general arae you are in? The dates are similar for sure!

In the UK, in a little seaside town called Gorleston, on the North Sea, in Norfolk. On the far east of the UK. Where are you?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I've been playing with the audio to see what I can pick out of it. Like I said, I'm no audio expert, but I figured it's the least I could do.
I have one question: that regular, static-like, "shh" sound in the background...was that something you actually heard, or is it just an artifact in the audio file?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by trollz

I wish I could answer that question. I was hoping that someone comes across this thread who can analyze this and compare it with other sounds etc....I have no clue how to do it. I remember there was someone on ATS who was doing that at one point with another video, but I can't remember who...

It was me
I actually "cleaned" up the sound..can do that again with that one..wasn't satisified with the result tho earlier today.

Here we go:

1.)
www.multiupload.com...
2.)
www.multiupload.com...

Edit: That "ringing" sound at the end...is this from the camera or from the actual sound?

edit on 20-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by causal

Oh we are faaaaar from each other. I'm in the U.S. in Louisiana....odd that we heard it at similar times though...isn't it? Try to record it if you can...I would love to compare the sounds.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

The hissing is my camera....somone thought that it was the sound i was referring to. No, it's only the roaring sound that I heard. Just disreard that hiss. Were you able to make anything of it? I have to leave for work soon, but I'll be here a bit longer.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Well then...your camera "hiss"es at very regular 1-second intervals.
That's about all I've come up with so far, 'cause I've been focused on that for the past couple hours. I'll keep listening, playing, and comparing tonight, to see if I pick up on anything. I've got an idea or two, so I'll see what I can do.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Hi Flexy!! All I can say is CREEPY! Yes, I heard that ringing with my ears, but on my recording you can't notice it.....but I can in yours....you know the last part of the recording where it gets very loud? That's the over riding sound ....you can hear it very well at the last part...... I couldn't remember your name for the life of me. Thank you so much for answering! Can you do the others when you have time. It's fascinating to hear like that....

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

OK...let me just say that I assume it's my camera, because I didn't hear the hissing sound with my ears. Thankyou so much for taking the time to do that...check out flexy's clean up (a few posts above)....it's eerie!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I was just going to use that word, 'eerie', myself, to describe flexy's version...especially about the ringing sound toward the end. Sounds like feedback, or some form of electrical interference. It's interesting that the ringing sound ends just as the noise begins to get a lot louder.
Actually, there are two stages to the increase in the volume of the noise. The noise is relatively low, and then increases slightly as the ringing abruptly starts. Then, the ringing stops, and the noise volume increases significantly. I'm not sure what that might mean, but it's definitely interesting....

ETA: the increase in volume of the noise for the duration of the ringing sound seems to be subtle. I was listening to a further "cleaned" version, and the increase in volume isn't obvious in the original. But, then, neither is the ringing.
The subtle increase in volume is accompanied by a slight change in pitch, which might indicate a change in direction or location of the source.
Just a guess.
edit on 20-12-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by eluzhun

I live in DuPage county and could swear I hear this noise from time to time but attribute it to train activity. Where are you in comparison to the sound?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

I hope she can do the other ones too for comparison. If you listen to all my recordings that hiss is there....I always thought it was the camera....also, it makes a sort of wamp wamp sound. Someone commented some time back that it only did that in those particular recordings (of the roaring sound) Can something interfere with a camera like that?. I'm going to listen to ALL my videos and see if it is in them all or just those. Gotta head to work now though. I'll do it when I get home tomorrow and let you know. Thanks again, and enjoy your evening!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I have posted something in this thread already. You can download it from megaupload here: www.megaupload.com...

The sound was quite different to what I have heard before, but probably a bit more like some of the sounds I've heard other people post on youtube. I have tried to analyse the new sound, but without knowing what I'm looking for, and without any real knowledge of sound and frequency analysis, I'm blundering about a bit.

I took a short, clean-ish sample from towards the end of the file, and I have started to look at it. I posted some pictures earlier on in this thread which showed some peaks at 200, 300, 600, 800 and 1000Hz (and also at around 2000Hz). This seems odd to me, but it probably says more about my frequency analysis skills.

Anyway, I decided to have a look at the amplitude of the signal during this same 0.6 second section:

It looks quite regular to me. I know this sample really isn't big enough, but I thought I would try to determine the 'wavelength'. I recorded the bottom of the wave at 0.08, 0.22, 0.355, and 0.485 seconds, giving wavelengths of 0.14, 0.135, and 0.13 seconds. Lets call it 0.135 seconds. That's 7.4Hz - not a million miles away from 7.8 Hz - the fundamental Schumann resonance.

I hope there's someone out there who understands this better than I do. Is any of this analysis meaningful?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
[moreI have heard a sound like this coming from a purge vent in the natural gas pipeline which runs, underground, along I-95 here in Florida. I've also heard this same sound from the old FP&L powerplant when they were purging steam. Both could be heard many miles from their sources.
So, I was thinking........
Perhaps something like the two examples I've mentioned OR a possible release of steam and or gas from underground.
I know there is a fault line in the general area of Louisianna/Tennesee. I thnk it's called the Madrid? How about pressure releases caused by fraking or Natural gas extraction? An unintended result that no one wants to own up to?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by causal

I know this sample really isn't big enough, but I thought I would try to determine the 'wavelength'. I recorded the bottom of the wave at 0.08, 0.22, 0.355, and 0.485 seconds, giving wavelengths of 0.14, 0.135, and 0.13 seconds. Lets call it 0.135 seconds. That's 7.4Hz - not a million miles away from 7.8 Hz - the fundamental Schumann resonance.

That was one idea I had. I'm glad you beat me to it, though...now I don't have to do it.
It's definitely interesting that the frequency you found is this close to the Earth's fundamental Schumann resonance. The Schumann resonance is chiefly an atmospheric effect, so, if it's going to lead to any sort of audible phenomenon, this is what I would expect.

However, I'm not sure what this 7.4 frequency describes... the sound, itself, should have a much greater frequency. A 7.4 frequency tone should be basically inaudible, and, at this loud a volume, should be causing pressure in the ears (and possibly headaches and nausea).
With some keen ears (I may not always be able to carry a tune, but I can definitely match one), the actual frequency of the sound seems to float between 90 Hz (toward the end) and 100 Hz (at the beginning).

Maybe it's a Schumann-esque 7.4 Hz signal with the superposition of a higher 90-100 Hz signal.
edit on 20-12-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Since I don't have very much free time to follow this subject, I will ask.....

Does anyone know of a correlation or wasn't there a thread going monitoring this sound phenomenon occuring with earthquake activity? I'm not sure if there is any possible connection and it doesn't mean that's what I think it is, but I do seem to remember some time back that there were members on this site looking into this, and I am curious as I am reading through this thread whether there was a way to connect the two. Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

This is right on from what I head this morning. Kat. this is the sound I got that lasted about 30 or so seconds.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny777
Hold onto your seats.

There are things occurring that many would just love to ignore and claim it as, "A natural occurrence." There are so many disinfo agents and shills here that will jump to protect their realities in an instant, but, they never actually come up with a reasonable explanation for these things...which shows you that they're scared little puppies who are afraid to face the implications.

Its coming. Its already here.

Not long now...

I have been warning people for a few months now that "it" is already here and happening.
"it" is fully recognized as a knowing, a feeling, a natural instinct.

For those who deny, I pitty you, for those who are not prepared, I worry for you, for those who know; power to you.

This is all coming to a head very soon.
edit on 20-12-2011 by aBlueRAY because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2011 by aBlueRAY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is insane. People have been talking about it on here a few times, and this is the first time I actually heard it. Barksdale is a Nuclear Base, from what I know. That sound is NOT a jet taking off at all. That sound in itself is very very distinct. This sounds reminds me of a machine. The constant hissing, it sounds like a gas is being released or something. It very very on time with each hiss as well, like there is no break. Something is getting pushed out based on that noise. But WHERE THE HELL IS IT COMING FROM? I do have one more question, did the ground feel like it was vibrating.

Two cents. This sound, random loud booms, mass animal deaths, people getting sick in cities...something is going on..just dont know what. Hopefully one day all these things make sense.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Your earth is beginning to vibrate at a different frequency-

that's all i can say right now. Your weather patterns are going to begin changing more frequently and more drastically same with seismic events after tomorrow.
edit on 20-12-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join