It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actual representation of the right wing anti-illegals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Nope I actually don't believe that all cops are racist and out of control, but there are some that don't follow the rules and just like to stop ANYONE for no reason as you saw in the OWS protests. I'm not saying that only Hispanics will be discriminated against, but everyone will.

I don't believe that US Citizens should be required to have an ID on them every where they go especially while inside the US. It's just not right and that is the wrong direction to go.

Securing the border could be accomplished rather easily, along with dealing with employers that hire illegals. But the fact of the matter is that politicians simply don't want that. Instead of blaming politicians most people decide to place all of the blame on the people that come here seeking for a better life.

People that come here illegally do it because they don't have the means to enter legally, and to be honest I would probably enter the U.S illegally if I was living in Mexico too. They aren't able to seek asylum or any kind of help in order to enter legally.

I'm not trying to change minds, but that's where I stand on this issue.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by Rockpuck

You can call them illegal aliens and I'll call them undocumented workers deal?

Not all of them are simply workers.

The biggest problem with illegal aliens are the problems that progressives and open border advocates ignore.

1. Gangs

2. Women and child prostitution smuggling

3. Drug smuggling

4. Gun trafficking(mostly to gangs and drug dealers so 1 and three are actually related to this)

5. Burden on social programs and economic prosperity

People who think like you do on this issue ignore this stuff because you chalk it up to being about white people hating Hispanic people. Well here's a Hispanic telling you like it IS.

Are you a self hating Latina? You and others make it sound like these things would not exist if it weren't for the illegal Mexicans. That somehow they created these issues. How about the fact that these crimes are also done by legal Americans...even if you some how got rid of all the illegals...those crimes would still exist..and I highly doubt the figures would go down.

*Snip*

edit on 17-12-2011 by kerazeesicko because: CUZ I CAN

edit on 12-18-2011 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Are you a self hating Latina?

3 things.

1. I'm not a woman so I'm not a "Latina".

2. I'm an immigrant here legally who doesn't want to be placed in the back of the line behind those who entered illegally.

3. I was wondering how long it would take for one of you geniuses to call me something to the effect of an Uncle Tom. That just shows how little you know about this issue and how little you understand immigration to the US in general. What an absolutely asinine and ignorant statement on your part. You should be ashamed of it :shk:

You and others make it sound like this things would not exist if it weren't for the illegal Mexicans.

Mexico is where many illegals enter. And they are not all Mexicans. El Salvadoreans, Costa Ricans, Chileans, Colombians, and so forth and so on enter through Mexico as well. The problem is the Mexican border, not Mexicans.

ow about the fact that these crimes are also done by legal Americans

All the more reason not to let more in don't you think?

even if you some how got rid of all the illegals...those crimes would still exist..and I highly doubt the figures would go down.

They would in border states and in tandem with the amount of illegals out of the picture. Of course those crimes would still happen. But that is hardly a convincing and logical argument to maintaining the status quo.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
If I am not mistaken..the Nazis had that kind of system...have papers to prove yourself to the authorities.

So you want a police state?

We already have that and have had for quite a while. It's called a ID. Like a drivers license or a straight up ID card.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

3 things.

2. I'm an immigrant here legally who doesn't want to be placed in the back of the line behind those who entered illegally.

3. I was wondering how long it would take for one of you geniuses to call me something to the effect of an Uncle Tom. That just shows how little you know about this issue and how little you understand immigration to the US in general. What an absolutely asinine and ignorant statement on your part. You should be ashamed of it :shk:

Yeah I caught that afterwards meant to type Latino. I would say you are an Uncle Tom. You are trying to defend the right for people to discriminate against Latinos(Mexicans).

Sure other people come from other countries through Mexico but ask around...it is the Mexicans they talk about when it comes to illegals...so you can try to to say your against all illegals but the fact of the matter this is strictly about Mexicans...that is all these people against illegal bring up...MEXICANS.

Like Is said before...you can try but you will not be able to wash the brown out.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

If I am not mistaken..the Nazis had that kind of system...have papers to prove yourself to the authorities.

So you want a police state?

We already have that and have had for quite a while. It's called a ID. Like a drivers license or a straight up ID card.

It is easy to fake those...so these people who argue for something to prove you are who you say you are...would tell you that is not enough.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Did you know that Mexico deports illegals from other countries?

Several people pointed me to an interview Mexican President Felipe Calderon gave to CNN in which he acknowledges Mexico deports illegal immigrants from Guatemala and other Central American countries.

Some people are wondering why the Mexican president is pushing the United States to pass more lenient immigration laws than those that exist in his own country.
In his interview with Calderon, CNN’s Wolf Blitzer asked the Mexican president about a recent Washington Times article that stated Mexico's immigration laws were tougher than those passed in Arizona.
Under the Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony, punishable by up to two years in prison. Immigrants who are deported and attempt to re-enter can be imprisoned for 10 years. Visa violators can be sentenced to six-year terms. Mexicans who help illegal immigrants are considered criminals. - The Washington Times.

Read more: obsthisland.blogspot.com...

edit on 17-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Everyone wants a better life, but it still does not give anyone the right to sneak over the border and use resources meant for citizens who pay their taxes and abide lawfully to the rules. I read that ambulences come over the border to the hospitals knowing they won't be refused. The fact the Mexican President encourages this type of behavior shows a disrespect. The Mexican govt knows full well that people working here illegally send their monies back home to their families still in Mexico, or they take advantage of the free education and other resources.
edit on 17-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I would say you are an Uncle Tom. You are trying to defend the right for people to discriminate against Latinos(Mexicans).

No, I'm not. (Self-snipped because I won't stoop to your level).

Not the kind of Latino you want me to be right? Just because I don't agree that people should be able to get ahead of the line on the path to legalization? Am I the wrong kind of Hispanic in your eyes just because I don't agree with your ignorant view of this issue?

What am I supposed to do? I didn't hop a fence. I came here legally. I've had to work for a long time to get the money together for my papers, I've had to make serious sacrifices and put many things on hold to make sure I'm legal. And they get to just walk on in and get what they want because people like you wanna protect them for their own ends?

Hell no.
edit on 17-12-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

3 things.

Yeah I caught that afterwards meant to type Latino. I would say you are an Uncle Tom. You are trying to defend the right for people to discriminate against Latinos(Mexicans).

Sure other people come from other countries through Mexico but ask around...it is the Mexicans they talk about when it comes to illegals...so you can try to to say your against all illegals but the fact of the matter this is strictly about Mexicans...that is all these people against illegal bring up...MEXICANS.

Like Is said before...you can try but you will not be able to wash the brown out.

Wow... I've pretty well stayed clear back here and watched after the initial participation, largely because some fellow ATS members need no help in making their points. However, that is one of the more hateful things I've seen stated on a thread here in awhile.....and that is saying something.

In the event you just didn't realize how deeply offensive the term 'uncle tom' is to some people...I'm just making a point of noting it. However, a great deal of respect was just lost by what was said.

Another observation I'd want to make here. What people in northern Montana or other far flung corners may or may not think about immigration isn't really relevant to the discussion here. Where people actually DEAL with the effects of illegal immigration, it isn't about Mexicans...as was noted.

It's the Mexican border FAR more than Mexican nationals that is the issue and people from every nation on Earth are caught and detained while trying to enter the United States through the Southwest deserts. ICE and the INS before them have a few documentaries that come on now and then talking about the "OTE" arrests. That is "Other Than Mexican" and make up a large % of the traffic.

In Florida for instance though, it isn't even the Mexican border...but the Florida straights and other routes in for illegals up from South America and the Caribbean. New York has a little bit of everything and no shortages of WHITE illegals who over-stay visas and such...and I want to see deported just as quickly as a Hispanic or South American.

So focusing on and demanding something be done about illegal immigration has diddly squat to do with being anti-Mexican. It's about being about the rule of law or not and following that either way. It's gotten totally out of hand by not dealing with the issue and race really has nothing to do with it.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I am curious how many people have actually been to Mexico. I have been on many occasions to different parts as my spouse is of Mexican origin.

I will argue that around 95-98% of all Mexicans do not want to leave Mexico. It is there home. The majority of Mexicans I have met in Mexico live, work and enjoy life much as we do here in Mexico. That is not to say that Mexico does not have its problems, but the majority of the country is peaceful and is full of people just trying to live their lives. It is an arrogant misconception to believe that all Mexicans want to come here.

Finally, the other thing I've noticed is that the Mexican people are much more hospitable and kinder to Americans. They certainly do not treat us as #ty as they are currently treated here. Legal or illegal, they are people and do not deserved to be treated poorly. Every individual deserves dignity and respect.

When it's all said and done God won't give a rat's ass what side of the imaginary line in the sand you are from, but will be more concerned about how you treated your neighbor.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Projectx, I wish you all the best. The Immigration process can be harrowing and complicated. I respect you for doing it the legal way. I believe you are the kind of person who would value American citizenship and not take it for granted.
I feel confident it will be granted to you. Best of luck.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Well they are spot on.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by redstripe1229

Hmmm my sister has a not so imaginary piece of the Berlin Wall. You have no idea about borders between countries do you?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Way to miss my point.

Of course you need an a passport to travel, and an ID to apply for a job and to buy beer and cigarettes.

But do you need an ID to walk down the street? Should US Citizens be required to carry an ID EVERYWHERE they go in order to provide proof of identity? That's my issue with all this.

I hope you enjoy your police state, you will definitely be protected against those illegal aliens and al-qaeda

You can also kiss good bye to your personal freedom as well

So it is different then, huh?
It's always different for Liberals.

Different for the passport issue and to purchase beer.

And no, you don't need an ID to walk down the street.

Once found to be here illegally, they get deported.

Don't need to stop random people or knock on doors.
When found, they get deported.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Rockpuck

You can call them illegal aliens and I'll call them undocumented workers deal?

What ever makes you feel warm and squishy inside I guess.

Kind of like me calling someone a Robber, and you call them a 'person of illegal opportunity with no other means'.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by redstripe1229

Most illegal immigrants from Mexico are of Native American decent, they come here because they are subject to discrimination in Mexico where the Mestizo's hold power. They are even a subclass in their own country.. discrimination of all kinds are rampant in the country. Sure, the majority of Mexicans you meet in Mexico want to stay in Mexico .. go to the slums or the rural impoverished areas in Mexico's more obscure interior and you find the folks that want to come (for free) to the USA. Once they move here and have a family they get totally fubar, because if they go back to Mexico their family can no longer find jobs, because Mexico has some of the strictest work rights and immigrations laws in the America's. Mexico is essentially dumping the people they don't want or need into the USA then making hundreds of billions in repatriated money.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

nice comeback!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by unckleovabava

Allow me to link a little scientific (don't worry it's not painfull) something about "race".

Humans often categorize themselves in terms of race or ethnicity, sometimes on the basis of differences in appearance. Human racial categories have been based on both ancestry and visible traits, especially facial features, skull shape, skin color and hair texture. Most current genetic and archaeological evidence supports a recent single origin of modern humans in East Africa with first migrations placed at 60,000 years ago. Current genetic studies have demonstrated that humans on the African continent are most genetically diverse. However, compared to the other great apes, human gene sequences are remarkably homogeneous. The predominance of genetic variation occurs within racial groups, with only 5 to 15% of total variation occurring between groups.

Thus the scientific concept of variation in the human genome is largely incongruent with the cultural concept of ethnicity or race. Ethnic groups are defined by linguistic, cultural, ancestral, national or regional ties. Self-identification with an ethnic group is usually based on kinship and descent. Race and ethnicity are among major factors in social identity giving rise to various forms of identity politics, e.g., racism. There is no scientific consensus of a list of the human races, and few anthropologists endorse the notion of human "race". For example, a color terminology for race includes the following in a classification of human races: Black (e.g. Sub-Saharan Africa), Red (e.g. Native Americans), Yellow (e.g. East Asians), White (e.g. Europeans) and Brown (e.g. South Asians).

Referring to natural species, in general, the term "race" is obsolete, particularly if a species is uniformly distributed on a territory. In its modern scientific connotation, the term is not applicable to a species as genetically homogeneous as the human one, as stated in the declaration on race (UNESCO 1950). Genetic studies have substantiated the absence of clear biological borders, thus the term "race" is rarely used in scientific terminology, both in biological anthropology and in human genetics. What in the past had been defined as "races"—e.g., whites, blacks, or Asians—are now defined as "ethnic groups" or "populations", in correlation with the field (sociology, anthropology, genetics) in which they are considered

Now I know you probably got bored after a few of the long sentences, so I'll sum it up for you : We, evolved Homo Sapiens of the 21th century know for a fact that "race" has about as much to do with reality as unicorn farts and the flying spaghetti monster.

The tragedy that stems out of all those senseless lines you just wrote is that sadly, although obviously horribly underqualified, you are probably allowed to vote.

edit on 18-12-2011 by Ismail because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-12-2011 by Ismail because: I was originally far less polite...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join