It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actual representation of the right wing anti-illegals

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Hence I said easy and convenient. In the form of a drivers license even .. that has very strict regulations for obtaining and extremely severe penalties for copying, stealing or fabricating. I go everywhere with my DL anyways.. wouldn't bother me at all. And as with every other state law, including AZ's, police cannot stop you "for any reason to ask for papers" you have to be stopped in the commission of a crime (including traffic stops)

You say "papers" to make it sounds like we'd need a briefcase full of documents to go to the grocery store.. quite an obvious spin.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

A full 9% of our Constitution's amendments relate to voting. And in every one of them, the word "citizen" is included at least once. It would appear that the law is pretty specific as to who is allowed to vote in U.S. elections, representing the interests of U.S. citizens. Why is it such a big deal to have to present proof of citizenship to vote if our own Constitution thinks it's so important that only citizens are allowed to vote?

Unless certain political ideologies don't want to know who is voting.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken..the Nazis had that kind of system...have papers to prove yourself to the authorities.

So you want a police state?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse

Originally posted by projectvxn

What is going on in AZ is a political game between those who want illegals here to swell the voting block for certain political groups, and people who want the already existing Federal and State laws to be enforced.

Where are these illegals voting and I do expect you to back it up. Then you can try justifying what you actually said, not what you think you got other people to hear.

I said it was a ruse to lock in a voting block for particular groups. That's what they want:

DeStefano wants voting rights for illegal residents

New Haven, Conn. (WTNH) - The debate over illegal immigration in New Haven has people fired up, as Mayor DeStefano wants voting rights for illegal residents in the city.

The Mayor sat down with News 8's Jamie Muro to explain his reasoning behind letting undocumented residents cast their votes in municipal elections.

DeStefano says the 26th amendment, which states that U.S. citizens have the right to vote applies only to federal elections, not local.

Furthermore illegal aliens have been known to cast ballots. Even some LEGAL aliens have been know to do so as well.

Illegal Immigrants Are Voting in American Elections

In 2005, the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that up to 3 percent of the 30,000 individuals called for jury duty from voter registration rolls over a two-year period in just one U.S. district court were not U.S. citizens. While that may not seem like many, just 3 percent of registered voters would have been more than enough to provide the winning presiden­tial vote margin in Florida in 2000.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I said it was a ruse to lock in a voting block for particular groups. That's what they want:

DeStefano wants voting rights for illegal residents

New Haven, Conn. (WTNH) - The debate over illegal immigration in New Haven has people fired up, as Mayor DeStefano wants voting rights for illegal residents in the city.

The Mayor sat down with News 8's Jamie Muro to explain his reasoning behind letting undocumented residents cast their votes in municipal elections.

DeStefano says the 26th amendment, which states that U.S. citizens have the right to vote applies only to federal elections, not local.

Furthermore illegal aliens have been known to cast ballots. Even some LEGAL aliens have been know to do so as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -

Yeah so have dead people....IMO Elections in this country are rigged....we all know that
edit on 17-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

"show me your papers" was a line in a movie ..

We are a free society .. yes.. but are we so free that once you cross the border there is absolutely nothing that can be done to deport a person?

I have to verify my citizenship all the time .. any time you enter your SS number or have to show a BC or two forms of ID. Why should illegals be excluded from this? They steal the current forms because they are archaic .. we need a new more advanced (and easier to handle) form of National Identification. It can't be used by the government to manipulate you in any way .. you're simply an American, or your not. If you're not .. C-YA. Try sneaking into Mexico. Try sneaking into Russia. Try sneaking into a European country. It doesn't work. Mexicans, the vast majority of illegals are protected simply because they are a "minority" and use that protection to exploit the generosity and resources of our nation. If you're not an American citizen born here or naturalized or legally allowed to be here you should have no rights to protect you from deportation.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

They have no rights to protect them from deportation. If ICE shows up at a work site where undocumented workers are working then they get deported.

But you don't seem happy with that. You want to implement a system similar to Nazi Germany where racial profiling will be rampant against Hispanics. You want for everyone to carry an ID every where they go. Even while walking down the street or to the corner store. Do you think that's freedom?

You're willing to sacrifice your freedom for a little protection. You deserve neither.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by kerazeesicko

"show me your papers" was a line in a movie ..

We are a free society .. yes.. but are we so free that once you cross the border there is absolutely nothing that can be done to deport a person?

I have to verify my citizenship all the time .. any time you enter your SS number or have to show a BC or two forms of ID. Why should illegals be excluded from this? They steal the current forms because they are archaic .. we need a new more advanced (and easier to handle) form of National Identification. It can't be used by the government to manipulate you in any way .. you're simply an American, or your not. If you're not .. C-YA. Try sneaking into Mexico. Try sneaking into Russia. Try sneaking into a European country. It doesn't work. Mexicans, the vast majority of illegals are protected simply because they are a "minority" and use that protection to exploit the generosity and resources of our nation. If you're not an American citizen born here or naturalized or legally allowed to be here you should have no rights to protect you from deportation.

Im in Spain and immigration is a world problem...we have thousands of people coming here from Senegal, Morrocco, Romania..etc....the poor are moving in mass world wide because we have concentrated so much of their wealth in our banks...we have destroyed all self reliant nations that didnt play ball with us and made a welfare world!

Its funny to hear the same propaganda in spanish I heard in the US....its a big false non issue... The current system of wealth favors giving the money of the poor in the US to the rich abroad...Wealth abroad flows into the same hands in the US and Europe....People here in Europe are already moving about looking for a buck....The US might actually face its first mass migration out of the US to where ever wealth is re-established to "flow"...

Remember all these useless hours spent against migration/immigration.we might be on the receiving end one day

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

They have no rights to protect them from deportation. If ICE shows up at a work site where undocumented workers are working then they get deported.

The sure don't. And rightfully so.

But you don't seem happy with that. You want to implement a system similar to Nazi Germany where racial profiling will be rampant against Hispanics.

Hyperbole much? I'm Hispanic and I agree with Rockpuck. As I said on page one, I'm a green card holder. By Federal Law I MUST carry my Resident Alien card with me where ever I go until I become a legal US Citizen. I see nothing wrong with that at all. Law enforcement should be able to verify your identity and legal status if need be.

You want for everyone to carry an ID every where they go. Even while walking down the street or to the corner store. Do you think that's freedom?

There are many things legal aliens and citizens must carry ID to do. Get a job, apply for a loan, obtain a drivers license, buy cigarettes and beer, and travel.

You're willing to sacrifice your freedom for a little protection. You deserve neither.

Asking that aliens to the US follow the same laws as everyone else is not sacrificing freedom. It is insisting that they play by the same rules as everyone else.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

They are ILLEGAL immigrants. Not undocumented.. there is nothing to document, except their crimes.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Way to miss my point.

Of course you need an a passport to travel, and an ID to apply for a job and to buy beer and cigarettes.

But do you need an ID to walk down the street? Should US Citizens be required to carry an ID EVERYWHERE they go in order to provide proof of identity? That's my issue with all this.

I hope you enjoy your police state, you will definitely be protected against those illegal aliens and al-qaeda

You can also kiss good bye to your personal freedom as well

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

1. Undocumented -
un·doc·u·ment·ed

adjective
lacking documentation or authentication.
lacking proper immigration or working papers.

good try though

If they weren't undocumented then they would be legal wouldn't they?

edit on 12/17/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The notion that it has anything to do with race irritates me to no end. I know you're Hispanic and I'll be proud to call you my fellow countryman when you are granted your citizenship. I can only imagine how illegal immigration must be to someone like your self who has had to deal with our complicated immigration system (that totally needs a complete overhaul and streamlined) then see people just sneaking in and claiming citizenship by personal right.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Way to miss my point.

Oh no I got the point. You seem to think you have a grasp on this issue and you don't. You believe that asking illegals to follow the law is wrong and will somehow lead to a "police state".

But do you need an ID to walk down the street? Should US Citizens be required to carry an ID EVERYWHERE they go in order to provide proof of identity? That's my issue with all this.

That's because you're assuming the cops are all racist and every brown person in the US will be targeted and this is simply not the case.

I hope you enjoy your police state, you will definitely be protected against those illegal aliens and al-qaeda

"Police state". What an insult to people who actually live and manage to escape real police states like Cuba, where my parents come from. You're full of ridiculousness and hyperbole.

You can also kiss good bye to your personal freedom as well

My personal freedom is not even an issue here. You don't have the freedom to enter ANY nation on this planet illegally. The only people in the world, to our detriment, that seem to want to allow this are people such as yourself that don't understand the dangers to a society and it's social-infrastructure illegal immigration poses because you'd rather raise red herrings like "you hate brown people you goose stepping Nazi" instead of dealing with the issues that matter.
edit on 17-12-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Its actually the norm in Spain and Europe...no big deal...carry it for all sorts of reasons....have it on you....yeah why not...Have to whip it out at every turn...no mister SS I like being able to forget my wallet without like being detained....thats why we are required to just memorize the number here....they ask in an accident or for questioning a witness to a crime or what ever....for bank deposits...just say a string of numbers with a letter and say your name....you should have one anyways....its just easier if you have it on you.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

illegal alien

noun
a foreigner who has entered or resides in a country unlawfully or without the country's authorization.
a foreigner who enters the U.S. without an entry or immigrant visa, especially a person who crosses the border by avoiding inspection or who overstays the period of time allowed as a visitor, tourist, or businessperson. Compare resident alien.

Undocumented would be a legal resident who has lost or misplaced his paperwork.
The word was also added to the dictionary after it was popularized by Progressive Liberals who strongly desire the salve labor of Mexicans.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Slave labor, and of course, votes. Because that's where this is going.

I don't like being used by progressives who think they can speak for me.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

You can call them illegal aliens and I'll call them undocumented workers deal?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

It's a cycle. Allow the illegals in who will work for under minimum wages or minimum wage for traditionally higher paying jobs. This increases corporate profit who in turn pay to campaigns for politicians who support illegal immigration who in turn get votes from illegals which in turn increases the number of illegals coming into the country thus increasing the cheap labor workforce which in turn increases the political donations from corporations ....... and on .... and on... and on...

Saddest part of it all .. it's a disturbing abuse of Human Rights in many cases.. Humans trafficked over the border.. substandard working conditions, often dieing in the journey, poor wages, lack of traditional education and integration into society..

How anyone, especially a supposed Progressive Liberal could condone such a situation is truly disturbing.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

You can call them illegal aliens and I'll call them undocumented workers deal?

Not all of them are simply workers.

The biggest problem with illegal aliens are the problems that progressives and open border advocates ignore.

1. Gangs

2. Women and child prostitution smuggling

3. Drug smuggling

4. Gun trafficking(mostly to gangs and drug dealers so 1 and three are actually related to this)

5. Burden on social programs and economic prosperity

People who think like you do on this issue ignore this stuff because you chalk it up to being about white people hating Hispanic people. Well here's a Hispanic telling you like it IS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join