It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush
I can't be bothered going through the rest of the pages to quote the others, learn to read.

Excuse me?

It's your responsibility to back up your baseless assumptions.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I am Scottish, I survived the storm last week BUT I am also very grateful for this heads up! I am worried about the storms that are heading our way. I worry for my children being hurt, I worry that there will be damage caused that we cant afford to repair and I am worried about my husband travelling to work.

LauraUK does not speak for all us Scots!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I can't be bothered going through the rest of the pages to quote the others, learn to read.

It's wind and cold, as per Winter weather.
That's all I am saying, if you take offence to people saying "stop panicking and ignore the fear mongering" then maybe you should ask yourself why you are offended that people wish to reassure those that may be thinking they need to head into bunkers, panic buy survival kits and do a lot of unneccessary preparation for what is relatively mild, 60 mph winds due Monday, so what, we was knee deep in snow this time last year.
edit on 11-12-2011 by keepithush because: (no reason given)

Wrong. The storm Scotland saw last week was not normal winter weather. The storm projected for Friday is not normal winter weather. It's abnormal, it's extraordinary, it's extremely rare.

You have no idea what you're talking about, to put it blunt. The storm projected for Friday would be strong by anyone's standards, even the Yankees who are familiar with extreme weather. We're talking category 3 hurricane level weather.

But you're so tough and brave that you can't accept that the weather may be very, very bad.

You remind me of those drunks you get who goad people into taking a free shot at their chin because they're so tough and hard that they think they're made of steel. What usually happens is someone takes up the offer of having a free punch and the tough guy ends up sprawled on the ground.

Be careful is what I'm saying. If the projections are right then karma might throw a tree through your window

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by keepithush

Getting a warning ahead of time CAN save lives. Why are you against that? Why are you so against a thread simply discussing this? There is nothing to debunk here. It's not fear mongering, the OP isn't trying to scare anyone, he's just giving everyone a heads up, just in case.

So yeah you can go surfing in the sea or whatever you do out in these storms, but some of us would rather relax at home that day lol.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
besides all this b!tchyness, any new developments on the storm projected direction??

ps. thanks for the heads up op!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

Oh come on! Now you're just making stuff up as you go along.
Nowhere on this thread has someone said this is an extinction event, end of the world, etc etc blah blah.
Nobody is scared, nobody is hiding in bunkers, and nobody is fearmongering.

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR
Try and read what is coming, its no joke, nothing like this has ever hit Scotland EVER!!! and its aiming for a much heavily populated region of the UK, hell more people live in London then scotland, this is a real danger and potential killer, on par with a catagory 3 hurricane,

after tuesdays storm the ground will be so saturated trees will drop like match sticks come friday, and rivers will certainly burst roofs & homes will take heavy damaged,

LET ALL HOPE this thing changes direction, should this hit, it will be "CATASTROPHIC" every hour that passes and the model remains the closer we get to a really serios problem come next weekend

That's all I am saying, if you take offence to people saying "stop panicking and ignore the fear mongering" then maybe you should ask yourself why you are offended that people wish to reassure those that may be thinking they need to head into bunkers, panic buy survival kits and do a lot of unneccessary preparation for what is relatively mild, 60 mph winds due Monday, so what, we was knee deep in snow this time last year.

I think you have failed to understand just what MAYBE coming and not once but TWICE in the space of a week, the second being the most powerfull of the two, the second being a storm more powerful then anything we have ever had to deal with, nobody is saing get into bunkers, just to not underestimate this possible Cat 3 hurricane

I'm not sure how much you have been listening, but it is the 17th deepest LP (Low pressure) every seen, world wide, and the lowest LP ever seen for the UK EVER!!

I think with a week to go, theres no harm in getting as much information as possible on this thing to better prepair for the worst

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Getting a warning ahead of time CAN save lives. Why are you against that? Why are you so against a thread simply discussing this? There is nothing to debunk here. It's not fear mongering, the OP isn't trying to scare anyone, he's just giving everyone a heads up, just in case.

So yeah you can go surfing in the sea or whatever you do out in these storms, but some of us would rather relax at home that day lol.

The problem is you do get people who make a big deal out of mild weather, and Brits are obviously stereotyped for that. So you get these reactionary anti-weather sort of people who insist upon down playing all weather, no matter how severe, because they think they need to be at the other extreme. It's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

These types of people are the ones who end up dead because they think they're invisible and uber macho. You get the same idiots on beaches, always getting caught in rips because they think they're above danger.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Excuse me?

It's your responsibility to back up your baseless assumptions.

I did, was one example not enough?
If not then you can read can't you?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Oh come on! Now you're just making stuff up as you go along.
Nowhere on this thread has someone said this is an extinction event, end of the world, etc etc blah blah.
Nobody is scared, nobody is hiding in bunkers, and nobody is fearmongering.

Try and read what is coming, its no joke, nothing like this has ever hit Scotland EVER!!! and its aiming for a much heavily populated region of the UK, hell more people live in London then scotland, this is a real danger and potential killer, on par with a catagory 3 hurricane,

after tuesdays storm the ground will be so saturated trees will drop like match sticks come friday, and rivers will certainly burst roofs & homes will take heavy damaged,

LET ALL HOPE this thing changes direction, should this hit, it will be "CATASTROPHIC" every hour that passes and the model remains the closer we get to a really serios problem come next weekend

I think you have failed to understand just what MAYBE coming and not once but TWICE in the space of a week, the second being the most powerfull of the two, the second being a storm more powerful then anything we have ever had to deal with, nobody is saing get into bunkers, just to not underestimate this possible Cat 3 hurricane

I'm not sure how much you have been listening, but it is the 17th deepest LP (Low pressure) every seen, world wide, and the lowest LP ever seen for the UK EVER!!

I think with a week to go, theres no harm in getting as much information as possible on this thing to better prepair for the worst

Someone in last weeks thread posted the Four Yorkshiremen sketch. I think it's apt

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ah where is the OP when you need him,

I really could do with knowing how accurate the models are a week in advanced,

Thursdays warnings is a fairly large area?
www.metoffice.gov.uk...

It seems this thing is going to strike Friday after all

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

OK. that isn't why I posted and you know it, if that is how the thread was going then fine but it wasn't, it was developing into the typical over dramatic doom and gloom fear mongering rubbish like all other threads that seem to need spicing up because it isn't nearly exciting enough.
You know what, I can see I am wasting my time here, it will be cold, wet and windy, almost like its....WINTER!
That's ALL I was saying, but like everything else in this thread it had to be taken out of proportion.
Enjoy the thread, watch what it turns into (over dramatic frozen planet discussion and warnings of apocalyptic nature) and then on Wednesday I will just come back to this thread and say "hey, what was all the fuss about?" but of course everyone will have moved on to another thread telling everyone winter is cold, wet and windy.
Can't wait for Summer, I like to post in the threads about the Earth turning into a fireball because its dry, warm and sunny.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You are not reassuring people, you are belittling them.

Here's your (first?) post on this thread.....

Well, I live in the North of England, I took a 20 minute walk to the supermarket in shorts and t-shirt and back again and had to get a shower to cool me down and wash the sweat off me, I did get a few drops of rain on me on the way there but suffice to say I did not panic and put 20 coats on and buy a reinforced concrete bunker to take cover in.
I used to live at the coast with North Sea winds billowing in, its like a mild day to me in these so called 'major storm' conditions.
I also sleep with a window open and a fan blowing at times to cool me down, maybe if men where men again...

And you wonder why people are becoming defensive?

I would like to ask again.

Where is proof that people have mentioned hiding in or buying reinforced bunkers on this thread?

Where is proof that people believe this is the end of the world or an extinction event?

Where is proof that people are hysterical?

Enquiring minds want to know.

edit on 11-12-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Ah where is the OP when you need him,

I really could do with knowing how accurate the models are a week in advanced,

Thursdays warnings is a fairly large area?
www.metoffice.gov.uk...

It seems this thing is going to strike Friday after all

forum.netweather.tv...

Some discussion there

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This is discusting

How dare you guys seek information on a possible storm of the century, how dare you think you can discuss and find out more information to be better prepaired,

You must wait for a day or two before, when the rest of us are told to be prepaired,

RANT RANT RANT!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

OK. that isn't why I posted and you know it, if that is how the thread was going then fine but it wasn't, it was developing into the typical over dramatic doom and gloom fear mongering rubbish like all other threads that seem to need spicing up because it isn't nearly exciting enough.
You know what, I can see I am wasting my time here, it will be cold, wet and windy, almost like its....WINTER!
That's ALL I was saying, but like everything else in this thread it had to be taken out of proportion.
Enjoy the thread, watch what it turns into (over dramatic frozen planet discussion and warnings of apocalyptic nature) and then on Wednesday I will just come back to this thread and say "hey, what was all the fuss about?" but of course everyone will have moved on to another thread telling everyone winter is cold, wet and windy.
Can't wait for Summer, I like to post in the threads about the Earth turning into a fireball because its dry, warm and sunny.

It's a shame telepathy hasn't been achieved yet, I have a few choice words for you that would probably see me banned.

The only person in this thread making exaggerations and extending realities to the ridiculous is YOU.

You're engaging in the reduction to the absurd fallacy. Nobody has said or even hinted at any of the end-of-the-world type outcomes you're claiming.

Also it's blindingly obvious that you haven't even bothered to read the thread to take in any of the information. The main storm is projected for Thursday/Friday. Why would you come in on Wednesday to mock people after the fact, that's a day or two early. Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday - Friday - Saturday - Sunday. You seem to think that Thursday and Friday are before Wednesday? Or, like most of us suspect, have you not even bothered to read the thread?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You know what, I can see I am wasting my time here

I agree.

OK let's all hug and make up now.....wait do real men hug?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricyEnquiring minds want to know.

Try reading, TWICE I pointed it out to you specifically on the same page, LauraUK was attacked for telling people to calm down, as was others for saying "thanks for the heads up I will put on an extra pair of socks but stop getting excited!" and I am just another wet blanket for you doom and gloom worshippers to dismiss.
Why are you so offended by people who say don't worry about it, its a bit of wintery weather in winter, if it was the middle of summer I think you would have something to complain about, you was offended about my gentle rib about men being men I guess, well, if you are a grown man and you are running around like a headless chicken because of a bit of wet and cold then you really do need to man up a bit, pretty sure your dad would say to you "son, if you are cold, put another jumper on and stop whining!" rather than making some big drama out of it all.

Again Winter = Wet, Cold and Windy.
Why is this a shock? If you was merely discussing the weather being a bit harsh then fine, but I was addressing the fear mongerers (of which I DID point one out for you) and you chose to be offended by that, your problem, not mine.
Have a nice day...oh wait no, have a horrible wintry disastrous day full of death and destruction, pretty sure that sounds much more appealing to you.

You know what, I can see I am wasting my time here

I agree.

OK let's all hug and make up now.....wait do real men hug?

It may keep us all warm in these disastrous below freezing blizzard conditions we are facing apparently.

That was a joke before anyone takes offence to it and writes a novel.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
ATTENTION PLEASE!

@jrmcleod

Hey man, I'm flying from Northern Ireland to London at 4pm on the 15th of December. Do you think this will effect me at all? (More turbulence? Cancellations?)

Registered here just to ask you this question, usually I just visit this site to lol a little (no offence guys).

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

you are aware it is not all about scotland, more than just scotland will be affected?

you do know the advanced warning helps people to prepare for winds they do not normally have that often that could be nasty (unless your in scotland, then your use it apparently).

should i change my plans on friday and stay at home? should i bring garden furniture indoors? would it be wise to let the kids play out? should i buy in things needed to get through a power cut? should i buy in a good supply of food that can be eaten without being cooked or needing hot water? would it be wise not to park my car under the tree on the street? should i do that fence repair before the storm hits? its flimsy and needs a new piece of wood, strong winds will surely rip it off. should i warn my family not to travel that day? especially elderly ones? should i sleep on the side of the house that is facing the tree or the otherside of the house for that one night?

this is why people are grateful for this thread, to make better decisions and have plenty of time to plan just incase the worse scenerio plays out, some people do not have lots of money in the bank, they live pay day to pay day, knowing way in advance means people can buy things they might need rather than find out two days before and think "oh well i have spent all my money now, so i cannot stock up just in case there is disruption or if a power cut occurs"

if power cuts can be caused in scotland they can be caused anywhere, if trees can be uprooted in scotland they can be uprooted anywhere. might be a bit of wind to you but a bit of wind causes problems for others.
edit on 11-12-2011 by lifeform11 because: typo

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ORaymonds

news.sky.com...
*sniff*

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join