It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

This isn't just a bit of wind, it could be the worst weather many of us would see in our lifetimes.

Will refer to this quote again next Sunday

No-one seems to be disputing the facts, I think some people are relying on their experience over graphs and data - rightly so. Local knowledge often proves more precise than any computer models. I wait with baited breath for a week of wild weather, and the thread as a warning of said weather has served its purpose. I totally understand when people say "pfft" and that's great.

Like if someone said the end of the world was coming, and it really was. Would you side with the people panicking and screaming or would you want to hang around those that took it in their stride?

edit on 11-12-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by keepithush

One post in a thread of 12 pages? And that validates the baseless assumptions you are making?

Oh and by the way, i'm a woman

edit on 11-12-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by markymint

Out of curiosity would you say that sounded like a bit of fear mongering and you took it lightly?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
To those after updates, I suggest downloading UGRIB
www.grib.us...

It takes a little while to familiarise yourself with it, but you can download 7 day projections, and its free. I can see myself using this quite a bit. The situation seems to be changing so much that by the time a forecast is given for the 'eye' of the storm, it will change. Using my new software, I can just tell it's still coming

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MissJp

Thank you MissJp. We all knew that the majority did not think this way. Everyone, well me, needs these heads ups. Here on the East Coast we also get frequent storms and deaths because of them. If during the floods of 53 there had been some kind of forum damage and lose of life would have been much smaller. For one day the forcast looks like the wind could cause us floods, so we have prepared. If nothing happens then the sandbags will do for the next time. Most of us have generators, ranges because of frequent powercuts. Yes, we also take it as part of life but still worry about how much damage will occur and try to prevent it or all band together to help those who can't help themselves. So thanks again for the heads up and this forum, at least we can talk about it and that makes things much better.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ok after some more digging it seems many people including the Met are downgrading alot of forecasts & warnings, seems this is going to miss the south and instead be hitting N Ireland Northern England & Scotland again

I guess thats not set in stone but it sure is a releaf for me, you guys stay safe up there

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I remember this storm in 1997. We had NO warning (or maybe I just missed it), one minute all was well, the next slates were flying and huge beech trees were coming down. Living in west Waterford we bore the brunt of it and it was indeed frightening. Most of all I remember the 6 turkey's I cooked on Christmas day for friends and neighbours as I was the only one with a bottle gas cooker on the estate

If this storm is going to be anything like that one, I for one will be taking any warnings seriously.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush
Try reading, TWICE I pointed it out to you specifically on the same page, LauraUK was attacked for telling people to calm down,

Laura was attacked for being patronising and continually talking about the superiority of Scottish people. The irony of course is the only people who are erratic and uncalm are members like you and Laura.

and I am just another wet blanket for you doom and gloom worshippers to dismiss.

Please highlight one example of doom and gloom in this thread. Just one.

Why are you so offended by people who say don't worry about it, its a bit of wintery weather in winter, if it was the middle of summer I think you would have something to complain about

Because you're patronising and wrong. If the projections are correct it is not just wintery weather, it's potentially the worst storm in decades. People are entitled to discuss severe weather events.

you was offended about my gentle rib about men being men I guess, well, if you are a grown man and you are running around like a headless chicken because of a bit of wet and cold then you really do need to man up a bit

Nobody is running around like headless chickens. Everyone in this thread is calm and mature. The only people off hinge and erratic, as mentioned, are you - the anti-weather crowd. You're infuriated without reason and bouncing around the thread like a maniac.

We are discussing the potential of HURRICANE CATEGORY 3 LEVEL weather. This has nothing to do with manning up. It's about taking heed of the potential dangers brought on by such weather.

pretty sure your dad would say to you "son, if you are cold, put another jumper on and stop whining!" rather than making some big drama out of it all.

I'm pretty sure my Dad would be more concerned for my unwell Grandmother who could probably fall seriously ill and possibly die if she were to go without power and oxygen. Which would be a possibility if projections are right.

Again Winter = Wet, Cold and Windy.

Again, potentially the worst storm in decades if not centuries. You keep saying again and again that such a storm is normal, but is IS NOT. How many times does this need saying before it sinks into your head?

If we had a 110degree day in summer would you say "Meh, it's just summer, summer = hot weather". No. Because such temperatures are extraordinary.

The weather projected, if accurate, is extraordinary. It merits discussion.

Why is this a shock? If you was merely discussing the weather being a bit harsh then fine, but I was addressing the fear mongerers (of which I DID point one out for you) and you chose to be offended by that, your problem, not mine.

Nobody is fear mongering.

Have a nice day...oh wait no, have a horrible wintry disastrous day full of death and destruction, pretty sure that sounds much more appealing to you.

Yawn. I bet IRL you're fruitier than a skittles rainbow.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

tl;dr:
u mad?

oh and change your avatar you bandwagon hopping newfriend
edit on 11-12-2011 by keepithush because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

tl;dr:
u mad?

The U Mad meme is a statement, not a question.

You're new to the internet, aren't you?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop
blah blah

I am ignoring you because you resorted to personal insults.
Mods will of course overlook your homophobic statement you made and give me the scary warning.
Wow I have never seen such a bunch of butthurt morons just because I said fear mongerers (at no point did I say everyone was) should calm down, its a bit of winter weather.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

tl;dr:
u mad?

oh and change your avatar you bandwagon hopping newfriend

So - confronted with a rational counter argument you're reduced to childish insults and dismissal.

You even made an edit to add an additional goad. Who's mad? Seems like you are, child.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Although it is very interesting to centre on the arrival of these autumn storms we need to realise what it is that is driving these exceptionally strong storms. Exceptionally colder conditions in the artic circle caused by ever colder temperatures worldwide are being created by a series of large volcanic eruptions that have occurred over the past few years. These volcanic eruptions are being caused by higher levels of Cosmic Ray energy getting into the inner solar system [induction in the crust] because fewer than normal sunspots on the sun has lead to a breakdown of the heliospheric bubble. The higher than usual levels of cosmic ray energy are also creating higher levels of cloud and mist and fog, especially ice crystals at high altitude thus blocking out sunlight. Thus causing temperatures worldwide to plummet. Temperatures in the Arctic Circle are so low that the pack ice that covers the arctic simply did not melt in the summer to the expected extent. It simply remained in place from the previous winter and started expanding on top of that earlier than expected. So it is exceptionally cold conditions in the arctic circle which is cause of these storms. It is the icy cold coming in to kill us that we should be worried about. For more detail I point you to the following website ICE AGE NOW.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 11/12/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I am just gonna give you a star everytime you reply to this numpty mate

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
OK, keep to the topic people and other members are NOT the topic.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
So can OP tell me if strathclyde will be affected again in scotland?? And how severe, will it be as bad as last week?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Do you think that the desalinization of the arctic is contributing to this ramping up of phenomenal weather? Seems what was once the norm is now becoming the exception and new adjustments will need to be made on a grand scale in order to save lives in the coming years.

Anyway just checking in to read a bit and again to lend my support for those of you in the path of this potentially deadly storm, Bless you all and take of each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join