It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Of course its a downgrade, it does not run in to the second low which would of powered it up over the uk, which the ECM was showing on the previous run

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

reply to post by remymartin

Thanks guy's. I will wait till later I think and see what the other charts are saying.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Bet we get high winds, bit of snow and not much else.
Same thing as usual. We were warned last week of "severe weather"
it wasnt. I rest my case. We are all still alive here in Scotland. My dad lives in the Highlands, he lost his greenhouse, but he joked he can still use it up the tree it is in.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

it wasnt

What world are you living in?

news.sky.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...

Theres more but I have me dinner, laters all.

ALS
edit on 11-12-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
Bet we get high winds, bit of snow and not much else.
it wasnt. I rest my case. We are all still alive here in Scotland. My dad lives in the Highlands, he lost his greenhouse, but he joked he can still use it up the tree it is in.

We had recorded wins 7 mph shy of being an all time UK record.

Last weeks weather was severe - en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Really.Uge downgrade from the storm !! Really!! Was just looking for the forecast for friday for Leicester (eastmidlands) were I am right now!! Sunny, 8 degres, with some wind max gust of 40 mph!Does sound like the storm of the century to me
! I really dont know whats wrong with some of us Brits.We are living in one of the most boring country weather wise but most of us seem to panic so much about a bit of a winter storm!! One more example, we were having our working lunch last week and every body was saying that it was too cold to snow when the temperature outside was +4.. That's another British thing, too cold to snow!! Pathetic
edit on 11-12-2011 by vschnz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by vschnz

Really.Uge downgrade from the storm !! Really!! Was just looking for the forecast for friday for Leicester (eastmidlands) were I am right now!! Sunny, 8 degres, with some wind max gust of 40 mph!Does sound like the storm of the century to me
!

That's because the projection has been changed, as you just highlighted yourself. The storm of the century was in reference to earlier projections, which may or may not come to fruition.

What a peculiar post to make.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well the ultilitarians & people with comitments this weekend (such as myself) may consider a couple of nights of severe storms a bit of a blessing, compared to the millions unable to travel anywhere just before Xmas in December 2010 due to snow.

December 2010 Claimed to be the Coldest Month in a Century

Snow shuts this country down. Luckily windy/wet/hurricane-y weather doesn't

The following pic doesn't support London being "hit" but it certainly does for the North West:

edit on 11-12-2011 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by shauny

it wasnt

news.sky.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...

ALS

The real one. Sure the wind was strong. Remember I was SLAP BANG in the middle of this. It was bad. But iv seen/experienced it before. I dont think in a week from now Scotland will be gone. Maybe some damaged roofs and a few trees down, but that happens most years. Its Scotland.
You can leve the house at 9am, and its hot and sunny, by the time you get home at 4pm, it has snowed, rained, been windy and foggy. Its Scotland. Google away. Our weather is very unpredictable.

Again I was "right in the middle of the last devastating storm a few days ago
)
And here I am, alive and well. I know of nobody who lost much, apart from my dads greehouse.
I live in the right place. I was right in the middle of that storm a few days ago. it was windy, yes. but devastating? no.

ps: Last year. whole country is covered in snow. not any green to be seen.

edit on 11/12/2011 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here's a link from Weatheronline.com that shows a pressure of 944mB for Friday's storm.

Pretty low. I'm not looking forward to it at all. Last week was a belter, but Fridays will make that look mild.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

reply to post by shauny

it wasnt

news.sky.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...

ALS

The real one. Sure the wind was strong. Remember I was SLAP BANG in the middle of this. It was bad. But iv seen/experienced it before. I dont think in a week from now Scotland will be gone. Maybe some damaged roofs and a few trees down, but that happens most years. Its Scotland.
You can leve the house at 9am, and its hot and sunny, by the time you get home at 4pm, it has snowed, rained, been windy and foggy. Its Scotland. Google away. Our weather is very unpredictable.

)
And here I am, alive and well. I know of nobody who lost much, apart from my dads greehouse.
I live in the right place. I was right in the middle of that storm a few days ago. it was windy, yes. but devastating? no.

What is it with your Scots on here, Little Country Syndrome?

Stop trying to show how big and hard you are. We get extreme weather in the North of England too, with one exception you don't hear us behaving like little men with an inferiority complex.

This is what stupidity and bravado causes. If you want to be ignorant, fine. Get on with it, stop telling us. Same goes for LauraUK.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by shauny

it wasnt

news.sky.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...

ALS

)

The problem is, like Laura, you strike me as the sort of person who would take the "we're Scottish, we survive" attitude even if your relatives were whisked away by a tornado.

You can only offer an opinion - We're discussing fact. The fact is last week Scotland had severe weather. That's true by definition.

Whether you personally thought it severe doesn't actually matter.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaxar
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

I am just gonna give you a star everytime you reply to this numpty mate

Hey that's what i've been doing!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hi folks .

I noticed one or two heated exchanges in the last few pages . To the true posters in this thread I say ignore all the childish comments .
This storm will not care what country you are from or if you have ever had a pane of glass blown from your greenhouse .

Grow up people . Your energies will be better served keeping your loved ones safe and informed.

Terry

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Dear ATS community.
Look at the wind charts here and stop the bickering please. It seems the high winds around South UK and London will hit night from Thursday to Friday (Choose the wind tab above the image) I am keeping my eye on it. And it's really too sad we only have GFS and UKMO models freely available. They have low resolution, though a long time span. They even have a risk tab showing red in the South UK Thursday, Friday and Saturday due to very severe winds. I do hope London is preparing. Anyone living in or near London should discuss wind protection measures with their local authorities. Maybe get some clues if they know about the coming storm as well.

I must repeat once more I am seeking help to compile a CUDA WRF model on my computer. Then I could set up my own little weather place and feed you all accurate data for UK and Moscow region via GRIB (I do believe it's a communication format as well) So please be prepared, and be safe throughout the storm, no matter how severe it might get.

I took a look on their Europe map and you can see the red tongue sneaking over the UK+Ireland from the W slowly. I also noticed Thursday 1900 UTC (I assume) Moscow is surrounded my yellow wind danger, coming from Poland. But absolutely nothing and a blue hole nothing around the city itself, such a pity. But then again after the first yellow wave passes over Russia on Sunday the yellow wind band from your second upcoming storm is about to hit us from Poland again. I hope I didn't confuse you all as much as I've confused myself with that one.

Cheers from not very cold, and slightly snowy Russia.

PS! That first UK storm absolutely dissolved whilst flying over here, we only got a meek inch of snow and some wind.
edit on 11/12/2011 by RumET because: Added some risk information on meteoblue.

edit on 11/12/2011 by RumET because: Added some more wind information in time and space over Russia and confused myself.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join