It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

page: 38
<< 35  36  37   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by theguygeeza

I hate you, not a drop of the white stuff in West Cumbria

Hopefully it won't be as bad as last year if it does come though, walking to work was a nightmare.
edit on 16/12/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

That is a very strong word is the H word, I will see your H word and raise with a P word, Peace. You's up the road will get your share don't worry. All good things come to those who wait, I do not see the snow as great but am using reverse psychology and was enjoying the kids faces, the look on kids faces who haver never seen it before or have forgot it are classic.

I shall do a snow dance for you when I go into the kitchen to make a warm cuppa cha in a moment, take heed though, you must be careful what you are wishing for as it brings more downs than ups does the fluffy, cold stuff. Oh and my Shaman's skills are still under developed so you may end up with snows angry cousin, hail.

'
'

Muhohahahahahaha

edit on 16/12/2011 by theguygeeza because: Inserted a ':p'

edit on 16/12/2011 by theguygeeza because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/12/2011 by theguygeeza because: Arrrggghhh smilies are awkward lol

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by theguygeeza

Don't worry, it wasn't literal hate, more of a jealous hate, but even then just to exagurrate the fact that despite being 31 years of age...I wanna build a snowmarra like I did last year, just to annoy the neighbours, the same neighbours who complain when I have a barbeque, or do anything else they don't deem socially acceptable.

You're right about the kids though, last year was amazing watching them play in snow for the first time

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
As a final word....this could have been us....

Massive power outages reported as storm batters France

"December 17, 2011 – FRANCE – A storm has battered north-western France, leaving hundreds of thousands without power, disrupting rail traffic and grounding a ship that spilled oil off the coast of Brittany. There were no immediate reports of serious injuries or significant damage as storm Joachim moved further inland to Switzerland and Germany. Interior Minister Claude Gueant said France had escaped largely unscathed from the storm. “It seems there have been no victims,” he said, adding that “a certain number” of people living in low-lying areas in Brittany had been evacuated because of the storm. Officials said 400,000 homes had lost electricity, mainly in the west of the country. By mid-day, the number of homes without electricity had fallen to 330,000 as workers scrambled to restore electricity infrastructure. The storm had been battering the area since Thursday night, with gusts of wind of up to 133km/h and waves up to 7m high. The storm caused a cargo ship, the TK Bremen flying the Maltese flag, to run aground and spill some oil into the sea off Brittany early today, officials said. “The level of pollution is limited,” said local maritime official Marc Gander, adding that regional authorities were deploying equipment to try and contain the slick and to empty the ship of its 190 tons of fuel and 50 tons of diesel. All 19 members of the ship’s crew were evacuated by helicopter. Local prosecutors in Brest said they had opened an investigation into the spill. Train traffic was disrupted, with more than 15 trains cancelled in central France and significant delays, the French rail authority said. The storm had little effect on international flights but the strong winds did force some tourist sites to close, including the park at the Chateau de Versailles near Paris and the famed Christmas market in Strasbourg. The storm was moving its way inland today, with Swiss authorities reporting it caused a train to derail in Switzerland, lightly injuring three people. –News.au

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well nothing happened, AT ALL.
Thanks to the OP for worrying us all to death however.

Hey, we can laugh yeah? lol.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
To All The People On This Thread

Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for when it comes!!

Same to you buddy,

ps: I REALLY !! Wish it would Snow here. 2 young daughters under 2 and a half...

Last year they were to young, and we had 3 feet of it for 2 moths.

UNFAIR

edit on 23/12/2011 by shauny because: to mention Snow.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Another very windy day here in Scotland today. Reports of sustained 75mph wind in some areas. Does that make it a hurricane ?

My lights are flickering which suggests power lines are coming down in places.

edit on 3-1-2012 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Same here in Cumbria mate, lights have been flickering all morning, pressure at 977hPa and falling, gusts of about 70mph. Rough day.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
A gust of 102mph in Edinburgh just recorded.

Met Office and BBC are a joke. They issued a Red Warning whist the wind was at it's peak. It's like they can't predict weather at all. What they do is tell us what is happening now. Anybody can do that.

I've been watching BBC News continuosly since about 7am and only now at 10am have they started talking about the weather. But the barometer is now falling so the event has passed

edit on 3-1-2012 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Still shocked we have had no snow yet.....

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This was definitely worse than last time by the feel of things, a lot of destruction... a lot...

Also i hadnt checked the weather at all for couple of days so this was totally unexpected lol I hear we are to get snow next can any of you weather masters confirm this?

And yeah did seem like they put the red warning up as it was at the peak

Still had to goto work though!

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37   >>

join