It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning of Double Major Storms For UK Next Week - In Depth Analysis (Be Prepared)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HighMaintenance
I remember this storm in 1997. We had NO warning (or maybe I just missed it), one minute all was well, the next slates were flying and huge beech trees were coming down. Living in west Waterford we bore the brunt of it and it was indeed frightening. Most of all I remember the 6 turkey's I cooked on Christmas day for friends and neighbours as I was the only one with a bottle gas cooker on the estate

If this storm is going to be anything like that one, I for one will be taking any warnings seriously.

Wow, you are not kidding here! I hope it is not as severe too!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
OK, it's not getting through. Further disruption of this thread will result in posting bans.

link   
Seems that they (MetO) have revised th 12/13th storm, it looks much more scattered now. It looks as if it will miss a lot of the East.

But check out the monster thats coming in on Thursday!

ALS

ETA: When on Earth did this thread turn into Jeremy Kyle??? How can we have this much arguing over a storm warning.
edit on 11-12-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

link   
Are there any visual updates? I need to run but sense that this thread is the best place to find current watches and warnings as well as eyewitness accounts as they happen.

ALOSTSOUL, did not see your post before I made this one thanks and omg...

edit on 11-12-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
OK, it's not getting through. Further disruption of this thread will result in posting bans.

I made my last post without seeing this post

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Fridays storm a tad more south on the latest model runs

GFS

UKMET

Not set in stone could still move 300 miles north/south nearer the time.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

And I reiterate... again this is not Scotland. The warning is more for the North of England and for people who are not used to this harsh weather that is due. We understand that you probably batton down the hatches and just get on with it..but many in England might not have been through anything like this before. If it saves a few lives ..good on the thread I say.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Well well well.The ECM model having none of it.
Big downgrade, which model is right who knows

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Found an interesting article on the storms, the first of the storms will hit much of the south, with the South-east (London....etc) getting the brunt of it.

The UK Met Office has this afternoon extended its severe weather warning for the capital and areas of the south of England for Monday and Tuesday as the first huge Atlantic storm looks set to crash in on Monday evening.

I imagine the weather warnings will be picked up by most MSM news services tonight and tomorrow. The second of the two storms will hit the whole UK.

A second, much larger storm, is now forecast to affect the entire country from next Thursday, bringing with it severe gales and worsening conditions.

Current weather models predict winds well in excess of 80mph will sweep across the entire UK on Friday afternoon - winds are classified as hurricane-force from 74mph.

Theres also some good explanations as to why were having such extreme weather at the moment.

Link

ALS

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

Im keeping an eye on this thread as much as possible, i'm travellng down to Dublin early Saturday morning for a wedding and my fingers are crossed its over by that point

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by remymartin
Well well well.The ECM model having none of it.
Big downgrade, which model is right who knows

I've just seem this too. What do you think will happen? Do you think the other charts will follow the ECM or could it be a glitch??

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
Although it is very interesting to centre on the arrival of these autumn storms we need to realise what it is that is driving these exceptionally strong storms. Exceptionally colder conditions in the artic circle caused by ever colder temperatures worldwide are being created by a series of large volcanic eruptions that have occurred over the past few years.

No, that's totally untrue.

What is driving these storms is warmer than usual sea temperatures in the Atlantic.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

I will wait for the next GFS run later tonight.
The ECM might have been on the beer tonight i think its just a wobble.
IMO it will show the low again tomorrow

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

It does seem like a rather large downgrade in such a short period of time. The storm has all-but disappeared. Perhaps the OP will let us know when he comes back online.

ALS
edit on 11-12-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: Typo's

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by skitzspiricy

We are affected by winds every year that is what I am trying to point out, so it is nothing new to anyone who lives and works in Scotland. Everyone is going way Over the top. It will not be the end of the world you know.

Seriously, have you read the OP? Seriously?

Of course you are affected by winds every year but if you had read the OP you will then understand that Scotland, Ireland, Wales and England has NOT experienced this kind of wind in a LOOOOONG time.

Please, read the OP ffs

Oh, and to reply to your other [ridiculous] post, the turbines WERE turned of. I wont even bother challenging you on your other drivel

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by remymartin

That's not a downgrade - it shows the depression filling and moving away AFTER it has crossed the British Isles.

But in any case, we do not take much notice of one run from one model, rather of several runs over all models. Some variations are always to be expected.

That said, at this stage, it's not possible to say Friday's storm will not be as bad as models are currently indicating. Hopefully that will be the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join