It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major UK Winter Storm 8th/9th December 2011 - NOW WITH FORECAST IMAGES

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by moosevernel

Agreed, and let's face it, the North is much more "true" Britain than the south

Uploading that video now, don't get excited, it's a minute and a half of shaky footage and roaring.

haha i can wholeheartedly agree with your statement

somewhat like a short version of cloverfield then..??

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

Originally posted by tpg65

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
I might sound like a moany git but the thread title is a bit misleading it's hardly a winter storm for the whole of the UK I'm down south just east of London and we had diddly squat. We had worse snow than this last year. Sorry I'm not in a good mood today and plus I want snow too
I'd love to see this country come to a stand still ... Again
edit on 8-12-2011 by ThePeaceMaker because: Grammar

Come Dec 18th you might get more than you bargained for .

Be careful for what you wish !!

tpg65,

Have you seen the Christmas Eve model output? He/she might be smiling then if it's snow he/she wants...

(previous page)
edit on 8/12/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

I would like to see that please where is your go to source?

4 posts above
...well 5 now

Ah ok, i see

I may go and put a bet on

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I notice the red and orange warnings from the Met are no longer there for Friday.

Does that mean it's expected to pass today? Gone relatively quiet on my end. Weather so far hasn't been any worse than what we've had for the past month really

link   
Apologies for the snotty comment lol appreciate when it says 'the UK' it could mean anywhere in the UK just fed everyone panicing or making a fuss over the weather. Down south where I am it's been boring (weather wise) every day it's just dull skies and that's it. Also I forgot to mention JRMCLEOD thanks for your thread anyway, a bit of time must of gone into adding all the weather maps which I wouldn't even have a clue of doing. So thanks and sorry for the moaning ... I just want **** load of snow

Oh and I'm a HE not a she lol although I can moan like a woman sometimes (that's a joke by the way before the ladies of ATS hang me)

link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

They've been slashing the odds since Tuesday.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
South Lanarkshire here - it's pretty bad and getting worse, was even told by my boss not to go into work...every cloud

Hopefully no power cuts or (any more) serious damage is done and we can ride this one out safely.

Ta.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Apologies for the snotty comment lol appreciate when it says 'the UK' it could mean anywhere in the UK just fed everyone panicing or making a fuss over the weather. Down south where I am it's been boring (weather wise) every day it's just dull skies and that's it. Also I forgot to mention JRMCLEOD thanks for your thread anyway, a bit of time must of gone into adding all the weather maps which I wouldn't even have a clue of doing. So thanks and sorry for the moaning ... I just want **** load of snow

Oh and I'm a HE not a she lol although I can moan like a woman sometimes (that's a joke by the way before the ladies of ATS hang me)

Thats okay you are just exhibiting one of the 2 things Brits are best at

moaning and laughing

ETA: Also queuing...so make that 3
edit on 8/12/11 by moosevernel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by samerulesapply
South Lanarkshire here - it's pretty bad and getting worse, was even told by my boss not to go into work...every cloud

Hopefully no power cuts or (any more) serious damage is done and we can ride this one out safely.

Ta.

Keep us informed & stay safe

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop
I notice the red and orange warnings from the Met are no longer there for Friday.

Does that mean it's expected to pass today? Gone relatively quiet on my end. Weather so far hasn't been any worse than what we've had for the past month really

Depends. They could be updating their warning system. Best to check back in an hour.

Just to add. The record gust of 130mph set a couple of hours ago has been broken with a gust of 151mph on Cairngorm just moments ago

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I hope all those blow up snowmen and santas sold at JTF this month are well strapped down.
I expect the one on the main road has impaled itself on Morrissons by now.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

No problem. It takes time, your right but its worth it when people discuss things that aren't so "down in the dumps" all the time

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JessopJessopJessop

Depends. They could be updating their warning system. Best to check back in an hour.

Just to add. The record gust of 130mph set a couple of hours ago has been broken with a gust of 151mph on Cairngorm just moments ago

Holy Hurricane , batman . That is a mean gust .

Gone very quiet here in Manchester .

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
I hope all those blow up snowmen and santas sold at JTF this month are well strapped down.
I expect the one on the main road has impaled itself on Morrissons by now.

Christmas lights in Aberdeen that stretch across Union Street have been blown down. Thankfully no one was standing under them...

Here

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel

Uploading that video now, don't get excited, it's a minute and a half of shaky footage and roaring.

Excuse me ... leave us southerners alone lol just kidding
Bloody northerners *muttered under own breath*

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Oh dear, imagine being taken out by a giant Christmas bauble.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have to get ready for work soon , but before I go , I would like to thank the OP and everybody who participated in this wonderful thread , for brightening such a dour ( weather wise ) day .

Stay safe , people and have a wonderful weekend .

Terry

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Ahaaa...one of our favourite activities here in the UK is moaning about the weather, we do love a good moan I must admit, and since the weather here is mostly awful it's always a good starting point for going off on one.

They should have a moaning event at the olympics and we cmight actually win some medals...it'd be great, but we'd still complain.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel

Excuse me ... leave us southerners alone lol just kidding
Bloody northerners *muttered under own breath*

Ha dont worry i intend to

jkin some of you are all right in my book

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by samerulesapply

Ahaaa...one of our favourite activities here in the UK is moaning about the weather, we do love a good moan I must admit, and since the weather here is mostly awful it's always a good starting point for going off on one.

They should have a moaning event at the olympics and we cmight actually win some medals...it'd be great, but we'd still complain.

Its a grand idea..!! Then we could have the first ever OAP olympic gold medalist

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
reply to post by jrmcleod

Oh dear, imagine being taken out by a giant Christmas bauble.

Well ok but Christmas season or not it better buy the drinks if it wants showing a good time!

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join