It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Soldiers do if Ordered to Arrest Friends, Families, Neighbors on US Soil?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

To quote immortal technique... The military's not there for the people's protection, their just there to protect an investment... And that's the cold hard truth, the people fighting these inhumane wars, regardless of which side they are on are nothing more than pawns being used in a game. You think your fighting for your country... You've been lied to... You think your fighting for your religion... You've been lied to. If you are willing to kill for your beliefs, you are spiritually deficient. Corporations, government, banks, religion... All tools to keep you physically & mentally enslaved. Patriotism is a taught & conditioned sickness... Just like religion. Most people I know of religious faith only believe what they believe because that's what they were taught, and they think they're religious beliefs are the absolute truth, I pose the following question... Say your a Christian and you believe that to be the absolute truth... What if you were born into a Jewish family and that's what you were taught... That would be your absolute truth... If you were born into a Muslim family, Islam would be your absolute truth... So in that line of thought, being born in America... Were the greatest country on earth... G-d bless America... Lies, propaganda... Lies & propaganda. Please think outside the manufactured box of so called reality that the government, which is controlled by the corporations & the fake man made religious institutions would have you believe. I personally am willing to die for what I believe in, but I would never kill for it... So if martial law is declared or some other bullish!t reason they decide to use military against civilians... Kill me... I'm past the point of no return... I'll be a martyr for my beliefs, I will never be put in a cage...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
..double post
edit on 5-12-2011 by MarkScheppy because: ..

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbar21
reply to post by jude11

To quote immortal technique... The military's not there for the people's protection, their just there to protect an investment... And that's the cold hard truth, the people fighting these inhumane wars, regardless of which side they are on are nothing more than pawns being used in a game. You think your fighting for your country... You've been lied to... You think your fighting for your religion... You've been lied to. If you are willing to kill for your beliefs, you are spiritually deficient. Corporations, government, banks, religion... All tools to keep you physically & mentally enslaved. Patriotism is a taught & conditioned sickness... Just like religion. Most people I know of religious faith only believe what they believe because that's what they were taught, and they think they're religious beliefs are the absolute truth, I pose the following question... Say your a Christian and you believe that to be the absolute truth... What if you were born into a Jewish family and that's what you were taught... That would be your absolute truth... If you were born into a Muslim family, Islam would be your absolute truth... So in that line of thought, being born in America... Were the greatest country on earth... G-d bless America... Lies, propaganda... Lies & propaganda. Please think outside the manufactured box of so called reality that the government, which is controlled by the corporations & the fake man made religious institutions would have you believe. I personally am willing to die for what I believe in, but I would never kill for it... So if martial law is declared or some other bullish!t reason they decide to use military against civilians... Kill me... I'm past the point of no return... I'll be a martyr for my beliefs, I will never be put in a cage...

"It's sad but true!" (Metallica song)

The Preference is monkeys who can't think and act with reason. Like the roman soldier who killed Archimedes because Archimedes told him to stop messing up his arithmetic circles in the sand. Jerks and told what to do types. Hopefully the good soldiers will stand up (as heroes) for the revolution that is happening now. Get troops out of afghanistan and get them on home soil and fight off the bankers and fight for restoration of our liberties. Don't kick down Americans who are struggling or kick them out of their homes (even if it becomes orders). A "Rex 84" disintegration. The system is already collapsing don't help it when it gets desperate and goes after the poorest civilians.
edit on 5-12-2011 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkScheppy

Hypocrite much?

You said stay out of my home, if they come for me blah-blah-blah then you turn around and say things like the military needs to come back here and go after the bankers.

So you would have the military violate their oath on your terms. I have news for you the military isn't going to turn on civilian populace be them poor or rich.

Someone needs to check your morals. While you are at it read the Constitution. You want change in this country there is a way of going about it without the use of violence. I see who is the warmonger. It is almost always those who know nothing of war that had never witnessed it firsthand who are the first to send others into battle.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
No most of them don't, and you need to remember the training is meant to keep people in line and not questioning orders. If you question every order things don't get done therefore that sort of behavior is discouraged....

I don't know what they taught your husband, Antonia. When I went through Navy basic training in 1985, we attended a class in which we were taught that if you are given an order you know to be unlawful, and you go ahead and carry out that order, you can be court-martialed for it. Obeying an unlawful order that contradicts the Constitution is a violation of the oath of enlistment/commission in the armed forces of the U.S. A couple examples of this are:

1) An order to fire on unarmed civilians (not against the Constitution, but against the laws of war),
2) An order to participate in the disarming of the American people (that's against the oath of enlistment and a violation of the Constitution),
3) An order to search the homes of the American people for weapons, food, etc., without due process of law (a violation of the Constitution).

I have been out of the military since 1998, but I do know if I were still in, and I was given such an order, I would not carry it out. I would somehow go AWOL and then help in the fight against the tyrannical government that issued such unlawful orders.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
For any Military Personnel on ATS, What are you going to do when you are ordered to the streets of America to act as police over the very people you are entrusted to protect? In other words, go against everything that America stands for?

edit on 4-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

There was a US Marine caller to the Alex Jones show the other day and he was asked the same question. He said about 40% of those he serves with will stand behind the American Citizen and the rest of the servicemen are slowly waking up to whats going on. He also stated the branch of the military we really had to *watch* and be aware of was the National Guard.

Been a long time but I don't remember any of them serving in Nam, anyone know? I know there were alot of them pissin, moaning and crying when George Bush first activated them and sent them to Iraq.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Unless we are talking about a riot or all out anarchy....or protection of property from theft after a storm.....there is NO WAY IN HELL an American soldier will fire on civ's EVER AGAIN! 4 Dead in OHIO! Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
If it ever happens, i hope the US colleague's can think for themselves and don't follow orders blindly. I've been taught that an order is an order, but if it's not legit for example when a superior asks me to wash his personal car, i'd refuse offcourse! (simple example, i know)

I think alot of US soldiers won't turn on fellow countrymembers, just as any other country wouldn't turn on their own society. And that's probably what TPTB know aswell and will probably come up with some sort of scheme that would counter this "effect" like divide and conquer as the romans did. (Use different nationalities to control lands across the empire) Worse yet, it's already a proven concept it works right?

just some thoughts..

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
If 84% of people will administer a lethal shock just because they where told then its likely about the same percentage would also follow through with what you stated OP.

Sad but true.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
To me it seems like a civil war may be ahead.

I can only hope that all soldiers and government workers realize what this means for their friends and families. Even if you do think terrorists are in America think about this. There are cancer causing or feeding substances in almost everything. Sugar feeds cancer cells and many chemicals found in GMO crops cause it.

All I am saying is if you government CIA workers let this happen you will be damning your own friends and families and even your own self. Do you know what its like to watch your own wife or kid be felt up by a TSA agent.'

It is disheartening.

Hope you protectors will actually protect us.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

My brother is in the military (Ex Marine, now in the Air Force) and I asked him this when he was in the Marines. He said absolutely he would follow orders.

Now he is a member of the Air Force and I don't think he would be dealing with citizens face to face, but I doubt his answer would be any different.

edit on 6-12-2011 by sdocpublishing because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

We all took an oath to support and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemys foreign and DOMESTIC.

That goes for the top officers in the military as well and all military members take the responsibility of protecting US citizens very seriously. It is our job....

We are just like you.....we are not brainwashed robots. I understand that the civilian world tends to romanticize the military and they are, for the most part, ignorant as to how the military works internally.

I belive this is because most people have never been on a military base or toured any military facilities.

My advice to all of you folks out there that fall into the description above is to find a friend or family member who is military and have them take you around on a military base. See how we work and live and then determine if you should spend time worrying if we will turn on you and participate in the enslavement of humanity if asked.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
A majority of the mainstays or lifers over 40 will say no and will not acknowledge the order but a sad reality is that the under 30 crew would put the business end of an M-16 at a neighbour and fellow countryperson!

This is just reality as nothing else matters but this. To those with family, friends, or who are active service remind them time and time again and drill it into their cranium's that this must never be allowed to occur!
edit on 6-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
To understand why soldier will turn on its own people if ordered to. You have to know in what direction the power structure works. We already know that the police will attack and arrest its own citizens if ordered to. That is a proven fact. Even in the US.

Orders always come from the top, never from the citizens them selves. Soldiers and police will always be ordered out by their officials if its citizens are provoking or revolting against the government or its property. That is also a proven fact. Even in the US.

If there are no citizens revolting against the government or its property, the government have no reason to send out its soldiers or police. Because you are then complying to their standards/law and will.

But as soon as you dont comply and you decide to revolt against the government standards/law and will. You will be facing many different types of barriers which will be set up to divide You "the public" from the government and its property. That is also proven fact, even in the US.

-The first barrier is the police force.
-The second force is the military.
-The third option is a foreign nation or nations. Which side these will be on depend on "their" political strategy and gain.

The conclusion is; if the citizens revolt against the direction of power. Power will be used. That is a proven fact.
The American government is no exception. If there is a revolt and its to big for the police to handle alone, soldiers will be instructed to step in. They will be instructed to restore government law and order which they have sworn to.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Do you truly believe that there is a chance that the general population will revolt against it's governement by force??

A small group may but not enough to cause an all out war. It just wont happen.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATC_GOD
reply to post by spy66

Do you truly believe that there is a chance that the general population will revolt against it's governement by force??

A small group may but not enough to cause an all out war. It just wont happen.

I sure do believe they would. Today the general population is totally dependent on the system run by the government. If it collapses a lot of people will suffer.

This has happened because the people have put all their faith and trust in the system which is governed by the elite/government.

We the people have done this because we have faith in government promises. The deal is this; If you give me power and resources, i will serve you the people your needs. But how did this deal turn out? Who serves who?
And who is suffering, the government or the people?

When enough people see how crappy deal they have made. They will revolt. Because the government will not stop demanding more from you. They to have their own plans and visions. And they include your full cooperation and commitment. What do you think law enforcement is for? It is to enforce your cooperation.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dbar21

To quote immortal technique... The military's not there for the people's protection, their just there to protect an investment... And that's the cold hard truth, the people fighting these inhumane wars, regardless of which side they are on are nothing more than pawns being used in a game. You think your fighting for your country... You've been lied to.

Excellent reply and for those that want to disagree with you, here is a quote from Henry Kissinger and this guy is a nasty piece of work that has held high positions of power for decades.............simply research.

"Military men are just dumb stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy". - Henry Kissinger, as quoted in "The Final Days" by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein in chapter 14. Page 194 in the paperback version (1995).

Now, read my location...............911 was a false flag operation designed to manipulate the sheeple of America into yet another war as an excuse to grab Iraq's oil and a friend of ours who is a archaeologist, said that recently right before 911 there had been rumors of findings over there that confirmed a totally different history of the human species than what is commonly believed. The first thing when we invaded Iraq was pillage their museums and archaeological findings.

My husband was in the Navy during Nam, he was a jet mechanic on several carriers. He said they were told, "When you are given an order - damn it, you follow it without question, UNDERSTAND!"

Putting two and two together, I simply wonder off the top of my head while watching that famous video showing copter pilots shooting civilians that was leaked and them laughing about it like it was a video game

Our youth, I think are being trained by all these shoot em up video games to think of war as one big video game.

Ha ha, I hit 'em': Top secret video showing U.S. helicopter pilots gunning down 12 civilians in Baghdad attack leaked online

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Warning not a pleasant video. Graphically shows American soldiers carrying out orders regardless or morality. Two were journalists.

Proof that most would not only arrest but kill.

Murder is murder.....................and America has become a bully.

"come on let me shoot", "ha ha I got another one".................heartless

This is the reason Bradley Manning has now been held at least 555 days, 250 in solitary confinement.

And if you or your loved ones go against the Corporate Dictatorship we now find ourselves in better pray you can run fast and hide well.

Picture above is of Bradley Manning.

Our government

1) Did not prosecute GW Bush Jr. for war crimes - yet Bradley Manning who tried to get the truth out to the people has been tortured (see picture, I don't think he just fell) and held for a over extended period of time, much of it in solitary confinement...........wonder what "treatments" he's receiving brain wise.
2) It's been proven that GW Bush messed with the votes, so your vote,my vote don't count - freedom of choice is a big MF illusion.
3) Bradley Manning looks like he was tortured, which means (like Guantanamo Bay) our country goes back on it's signed agreements concerning torture. And, if you snitch take a good look at Mr. Manning - some call him a traitor, I call him a patriot and man with morals.
4) You cannot and I repeat, NO LONGER TRUST THIS GOVERNMENT.

Now in closing, you don't care, you don't want to see the truth................fine.

When they come for you or your daughter or son or grandkids in the middle of the night and they "disappear" maybe come back to this post and remember you were warned.

Our Constitution and original Amendments have been rewritten not by and for the people but by and for the large corporations that use the military to enforce their will upon the populace.

For god sake, any young people out there, put down that Twilight / Harry Potter novel because we are living in very dark times under very real dark lords.

Our reality is stranger than any fictional writer could dream up.

edit on 6-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

I dont mean to offend so please dont take this that way, but I think your viewpoint is a little skewed.

The world has to have some sort of order. Laws are in place to protect society. Militaries are there to enforce and protect the sovereignty of the state and it's interests. The bigger and more powerful the military, the more influence on the world stage. Financial markets also play a factor into international power.

The U.S. is obviously the guy with the biggest stick.

First of all, I find the idea of our government taking over it's own population absurd. The government is employed by the people. Political leaders tend to make decisions that are popular (by majority) because they have the same values that the population has. Also making drastic changes in policy would cause negative public opinion and bad publicity.

There is a reason it is called public service.... We are attempting to spread democracy around the world... We are championing freedom. To think that our government officials are sitting around rubbing there hands together hoping for world destruction is just....well I dont believe it is happening.

People really should stop crying and cowering and get out there and become involved. Nationalism is a dying ideology that will eventually wither away. We will lose our selfish focus on preservation of the state and begin, through cooperation, to turn our gaze outwards. We will one day join together across the globe and hopefully get off this rock and seize our destiny.

Our future is globalism followed by the colonization of the stars.

I just get frustrated when the general populace spends so much time worrying about false agenda and propiganda. If you have a problem with society...fighting about it is like beating your head against a brick wall. And honestly, it actually produces the negative affect of slowing progress.

I wish you the best of luck.
edit on 6-12-2011 by ATC_GOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Your husband was a jet mechanic. When his flight chief tells him to go get a wrench, you go get the wrench. I am sure this is the context of what he meant.

When it is a matter of shooting an American citizen, it is a whole different ballgame.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ATC_GOD

Really, watch the video - these guys weren't just jet mechanics.

Wake up..............before being assigned any post this is what they were told.

And for your information, they wanted to make my husband a pilot. The day of the flight testing he had the flu and couldn't go.

The pilot that did the test flight, the cable snapped and the jet and pilot "went in the drink" (ocean) and drown.

My husband, while "just being a jet mechanic" has a degree in and can teach college trig with a minor in Psychology...............what is your rank, education and IQ level?

While I'm no wiz, he's got at least a 140 IQ and was told he could have a nice Navy career.......he joined the Navy because he was going to get drafted and they gave him a choice because he tested high. He decided to go into mechanics because that was his weak point and he wanted to strengthen it.

I'm so tired of these caustic remarks from people who are so smug and know it all with their attacks of "he's just a jet mechanic"....................those at the top follow orders too or they are out.

edit on 6-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join