It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Soldiers do if Ordered to Arrest Friends, Families, Neighbors on US Soil?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

All you have stated is true. If they come to my place I will probably be the one dead. But I am willing to die a free man than to live a slave. If I stand up then maybe someone else will and someone else and someone else.....

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

What are you talking about? Are you capable of following a rational conversation? You said this was about nationalism. You said you saw nationalism. So, if this is about nationalism, and you saw nationalism from the simple label "African-American", I was curious as to what YOU thought on the subject.

And you saw racism. What race is an "American", without the hyphenation?

What race, or nationality for that matter, is an "African", without the hyphenation? Is an "African" of the Arab race, the black race, or white? You do realize that all those and more are now present in Africa, right?

You really can't grasp how it is YOU making it about race?

But I can see now that you are just backed into a corner now, so I will drop it.

Indigenous Americans are the line of people here before 1492.

And that would be... ? Come on now, you can come right out and say it - I know you can!

I do not know what you are getting at.

Of course you don't...

I know they didn't post on this forum identifying themselves as African-American, THE AUTHOR OF THE POST DID. It's like you just do not understand logical thought.. I am going to end this, as it isn't going to go anywhere.

It certainly does appear that one of us isn't employing logic, Bye.

edit on 2011/12/5 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Unfortunately you are correct..............again, the US Military are some of the best trained in the world and with technology we're note even aware of plus we all know our government plays dirty.

Anyone researching modern weapons and warfare knows that now days pitting even armed civilians against a trained army would be a one sided slaughter.

But, I'm not going quietly into the night - I wanna go fast and would rather be shot than marched into a FEMA Camp.

I've had a big gun held to my face before so I know the feeling of having your life flash before your eyes and making your peace.

But I might take a few down with me........................god, hope it does not come to this and in ten years we are all laughing at this post.

This whole thread has got me all upset, I'm signing off and having a glass of wine early tonight.

Maybe, just maybe, we as a species will get our act together and decide to stop fighting before we destroy ourselves.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
While I was in the USAF this conversation actually came up. It was at a Christmas party and a few of the "players" had some drinks and were "loosening" up so to say. All the enlisted men seemed to agree that attacking their own country men would never happen. The officers however seemed to not care either way and said orders are orders. (Public education via college no doubt...)

But what scared me the most was the response of the two black airmen and a few of the "Mexican" looking airmen. They came right out and said they would happily kill whoever stood against the military and their paychecks....... Now I am not racist, but I truly believe this was the point of affirmative action in the military, as well as making rank (military men know what I am talking about all too well!)

You see, AMERICANS would probably not kill their own fellow Americans.......but African-americans, and Mexican/Latino Americans would kill white Americans since they are not their own people...........think about it. (Ever wonder why there are so many different race designators in order to racially divide the UNITED States of America?)

Want proof? Walk down Oakland, Miami, the Bronx, Atlanta, or any other racially fueled domestic war zones at ANY time of day and you will get your proof.

Once again, I am not racist, and I have tons more examples. The noose is tightening on America.

I love how you assumed these idiots spoke for all African-Americans or Hispanics but oh yeah your not racist just ignorant..

Let us see how it feels to be ignorant...I shall let these idiots speak for all of Mississippi...
Black Man Killed by White Teens in Mississippi

Where do those blacks and Hispanics get all their hate from...hmmm I guess we shall never know...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
While I was in the USAF this conversation actually came up. It was at a Christmas party and a few of the "players" had some drinks and were "loosening" up so to say. All the enlisted men seemed to agree that attacking their own country men would never happen. The officers however seemed to not care either way and said orders are orders. (Public education via college no doubt...)

But what scared me the most was the response of the two black airmen and a few of the "Mexican" looking airmen. They came right out and said they would happily kill whoever stood against the military and their paychecks....... Now I am not racist, but I truly believe this was the point of affirmative action in the military, as well as making rank (military men know what I am talking about all too well!)

You see, AMERICANS would probably not kill their own fellow Americans.......but African-americans, and Mexican/Latino Americans would kill white Americans since they are not their own people...........think about it. (Ever wonder why there are so many different race designators in order to racially divide the UNITED States of America?)

Want proof? Walk down Oakland, Miami, the Bronx, Atlanta, or any other racially fueled domestic war zones at ANY time of day and you will get your proof.

Once again, I am not racist, and I have tons more examples. The noose is tightening on America.

I love how you assumed these idiots spoke for all African-Americans or Hispanics but oh yeah your not racist just ignorant..

Let us see how it feels to be ignorant...I shall let these idiots speak for all of Mississippi...
Black Man Killed by White Teens in Mississippi

Where do those blacks and Hispanics get all their hate from...hmmm I guess we shall never know...

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

It is pretty easy to figure out who the fakes are they start by talking about how Bad a## they are. Most of the time. I am sure you know the one I am refering to.

I will leave this conversation for a while when racism comes up I don't want to be a part of it. I don't even want my screen name posted near it. In the military and there's only one color that matters, the color of my uniform. I was in for such a long time that it changed quite a bit. So I guess I'm a mutt.

Keep the faith

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Yes I hear you and I agree.
Thanks for the reply.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by nenothtu

I hope you are right, but when you pit a man with a sword against a woman with a gun.............the gun will win everytime if she does not hesitate to use it quickly and accurately.

The IF is the important part in that particular equation.

We now have drones, rocket launchers that can launch miles away and take out multiple houses.

Yes, we do. What would you do if you didn't want to be in a house that got blown up?

There may even be tech we are not aware of.

I'm sure they do, but they can't use it without exposing it. Then we'll know about it, and the race will be on to find a way to defeat it.

Now, most technology is run by computer...............if we can take out the " computer system", destroy the technology, the playing field would be more level - a honorable war, man against man.

Exactly, except for the "honorable war" part. Honor can sometimes be found in the context of a war, but "honorable wars" are an extreme rarity. There's just war. There are several ways of dealing with any particular bit of technology that will make it irrelevant if you can't render it inoperative. More than one way to skin a cat, and frying the electronics is sometimes the least desirable way.

But why can't everyone just play nicely..............why do some feel they have to have unlimited power and money?

I've got theories on that, but they aren't within the scope of this thread. They fall more under the heading of psychology. It's enough to know that there are such people, and you've got to watch them.

My life has been one exciting ride since orphaned at 9. I would like just a few remaining years left of peace and quiet.

That would be best for everyone - who doesn't like being left alone in peace?

Watch China, I don't think the Middle East is what we have to fear. The sleeping dragon has awaken.

I don't think China is an issue for the US just yet, but the pacific region ought to be watching them closely.

By tracking, like in chipping animals - it's not the ground trackers you have to worry about - it's the damn satellites.

Anyway, my dog would be the last person I would forsake - I trust her more than any human. If it's a computer chip, perhaps a really good magnet would mess the tracking device within her or if we had a EMP.

(She came with the microchip as a rescue dog).

The chips receive their power from the interrogator. They're really small, and I've never encountered one that had the power to broadcast a beam to a satellite. As I recall, even OnStar makes use of cell towers for return communications, rather than talking directly to a satellite. They get vehicle position by feeding the GPS co-ordinates into the cell phone system. The coordinates are read from satellite signals, but reported back through the cellular system. I may be wrong about that, but I don't think so. It's worth checking into if that's a strong concern for you.

I'm not going to a FEMA Camp.

Me either, unless it's in a body bag. By that point, however, they'll probably have a more appropriate place to put the carcass.

And sadly enough, I no longer trust our government.

I can't say that I ever have trusted them, but there are some things you can absolutely count on the government for, in a perverse, twisted kind of view.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
I find it absolutely hilarious when people attempt to be the internet tough guy and say things like "let them try that with me"...etc...
You would be dealing with trained military personal and not target dummies...these guys won't be playing war like you and your friends do on the weekend.

They would be well trained..they would know their land , which would make them twice as dangerous to you. You think that just because you have a few guns and have learned to use them that you would be any match for a well trained military. You think that because you and your pals play war during the weekend that it would prepare you for the real thing that you would be ready?

If the military was ordered to and followed those orders..they would be successful in doing so...sure a few soldiers may get killed by a couple lucky SOB's but the fact remains that a lot of these internet tough guys would be slaughtered.

So I say continue to talk the talk..but I doubt you would be able to walk the walk.

Do you have any idea how many of those guys who "play war on the weekend" are retired military? Here are some numbers...

As of 2010.
The number of military veterans in the United States in 2010: 21.8 million
Number of veterans 18 to 64 in the labor force in 2010: 9.6 million

There are only approximately 2.8 - 3 million active and reserve military in the US total.

So there are about three times as many able veterans as total current military who know how to "play war" for real. Some may be older but can still train and give advice, as well as stay back and pull a trigger. Do you think if it came down to it those millions would not teach and train their family, friends, and neighbors?

Sure it would not be the same as an organized military but would be one HELL of a nightmare for anyone going against the US population.

Estimates are around 80 million legal gun owners in the US possessing around 300 million firearms. Many of those are military equivalent, or close to it. And that's only what they estimate. I get the feeling it's quite a bit higher.

It doesn't matter what technology you have, when you are outnumbered 100 to 1 and a good chunk of that number have had the same training as you, things begin to not look so good.

Also, many of those civilians who weren't in the military have also taken training. Classes are given around the country that anyone can attend. They range from basic gun safety and marksmanship up to advanced classes like carbine training where you learn things like entry and room clearing, performing under stress, etc ...

Don't think that US gun owners are nothing more than a bunch of yee haw rednecks shooting turkeys from their 35 year old pickups. There may be plenty of those also, but they could probably hit that turkey at 250 yards so that's ok too.

Don't get me wrong, there are also a lot who own nothing more than a pistol and half a box of ammo but I've seen plenty of people buying 1000 round cases of ammo at a time to go along with their high powered rifles.

How long have we been in Afghanistan? And that's only about the size of Texas. Could you imagine trying to control the entire US with potentially 80+ million opposing force?

ETA: you're also not considering what can be done without a firearm.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Primordial because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Anyone researching modern weapons and warfare knows that now days pitting even armed civilians against a trained army would be a one sided slaughter.

Ummm... see Afghan insurgency against Russia and U.S..... Vietcong...US colonists in the 18th century....Haitian slave revolt....
When an occupying force is among a population, they have no way to determine who is among their alleged enemy, or what members of the population are helping and harboring them. It's how guerilla wars have been won since time immemorial.
I personally don't see the OP scenario playing out, but you can bet the house that the populations in the West and South would not acquiesce. I'd lie to see any outside force try to track and capture/kill American rednecks in their own forests and swamps. Would make the Vietcong look like pansies.
I do think the East & West Coasts and cities in the Upper Midwest might capitulate. Just a different culture.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveWx3
reply to post by jude11

I have been out of the USMC for 5months, I can assure you that the majority of men I served with would not follow orders to police citizens who are not doing anything wrong.
I do believe there would be some though. I did not trust everyone, and I believe they would be pressured into it with intimidation from the higher ranks.

The question has so many different scenarios though so I can only give a general reply.

'Seeing,' 'Hearing,' 'Smelling,' 'Feeling cold,' pleasures and pains and desires and fears, as they are called, and so on. Overthrow that countries leader and attack and kill civilians in a place that they know little about. The Arab World the common Marine is completely ignorant of, and yet they are fighting over there like Satan's joke characters for corporate greedball interests. American (and British) G.I.s are doing the N.W.O concentration camp shuffle routine like dumb scripted actors. "An hour of freedom is worth a barrel of slops."

These same American troops are brainwashed to hate George Washington and Thomas Jefferson and American liberties. They would attack and arrest family friends on the US in the name of Justice and liberty. The National guard would suddenly come in and round up dissidents in a Martial Law scenario. The majority of men I seriously doubt would do anything to stop those who would follow orders to round up and intern disorderly civilians.

Our leaders in Congress have already committed treason. Dave if you truly were a "Marine" that stood for democracy you would be rounding these criminals up, Hank Paulson, Bernanke, Barney Frank, the cheats round them up! Pelosi. Maybe you really aren't a patriot. People who have been programmed out of reason are to blind to know the truth. They are doing a good job killing Iraqi's and Afghans, they'll do a good job killing Americans I am sure (Oligarch hitman). When the great evil fries under the stars, the small birds hide. (Good Americans are going to be the small birds)> Or slam into them like a car bashing into a fire hydrant in a hillarious Woody Allen style of get-away.
edit on 5-12-2011 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse
Arent people in the military also you know...people?

Generally speaking, yes. Though there are suspicions that isn't entire true. Cyborg lizards maybe?

A few of the things I read here
"Liberals are mentally ill and should all be locked up."
"Anyone who voted for Obama should be hung for treason."
You know what I mean and I am sure it goes both ways. I find it hard to believe no one in the military feels any of these things. Is there something that makes them immune to this kind of political hatred? I am certain my neighbor or my brother would refuse to round me up when ordered but god forbid I were to slap an Obama bumper sticker on my car and drive a mile down the road here in the reddest district in NY.

There is typically a big difference between a heated political debate on a forum and people's real life reaction to events. The majority who say things like that only do so because they are 'anonymous' on the internet. In real life they aren't out tossing people who disagree with them politically in insane asylums or trying to charge people with treason. The internet has an astounding ability to turn normally rational people into frothing balls of rage. That's not to say there aren't some who absolutely would do those things if given a chance, but there are people like that no matter which group you are talking about whether it's military, college kids, or the little old ladies at the senior's center.

As I said in my first post, there would be some who would blindly follow any order they are given no matter what but the majority will not because the majority can and will think for themselves.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I served 20 years as a commissioned officer in the US Army Reserve. I specifically went into the Reserve because it is federal and not subject to any state governer, and living in Ohio it seemed much more correct with my beliefs that I would not perform civilian police functions during a campus riot or something. I remember.

My oath was to uphold and defend the US and the constitution of the United States of America. The scenarios given all violate the US constitution and the rule of law our nation represents. I would stand with those who fight against oppression, and that is what is described.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkScheppy

Yet another slanderous statement from somebody who knows nothing of the military. Truly disrespectful personal attack on a person who has served his country honorably. You are trying to push a personal agenda. I do not know if you are incapable of seeing the truth but it seems that way. Your comments are deceitful and unwarranted.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is that, if our military was to be used in an attempt to "pacify" the general population, te command structure would use any and every means nesecary to ensure compliance with the orders. There would assuredly be a segment of the military that would not wish to use force aganist civilians, but that would be beside the point. What do you think the average military grunt will do when he is ordered to use force aganist those whom he has been told are "terrorists"? The everyday infantry man will not only follow orders, he will do it, convinced that those whom he is killing are enemies of the very constitution his superiors are attempting to overthrow. Not to mention that, when the SHTF, PVT Joe is not going to be patrolling the streets of his home town. He is going to be hundreds of miles away in the middle of unfamiliar teritory, looking at faces and places that have no personal connection to him, following lies that he has been fed about how the local populace are terrorists tha have to be eliminated.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WaitandWatch

Ohhhh....Yeahhh right because they're all brain-dead and don't have access to TV or radio or phone to call home and talk to their family. Maybe it's because they were given some experimental shots that allow the government to transmit radio waves directed into the mind. Then the aliens will come and take it from there.

At the very least read the posts of veterans and soldiers on here first. Deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by locololo
reply to post by jude11

Well, I intend to join the army soon, but i guess if the situation required me to do that, i would do it to my best. As for the family part, my family consists of trained soldiers and very dangerous people. It would take an army to take them down if they were intent on fighting.

"Good Buck, your mind makes it real" That is the quote from the matrix right??
For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, "You shall love you neighbor as yourself." But if you bite and devour one another take heed that you are not consumed by one another. Dying and decaying, the United States, like a science fiction movie. By product of a by-product.

The new terminator look of the military (the neo sunglasses from Matrix) scares me. It could have some potential with the whole cyborg idea. "He think's he's human." A matter of time before The Soldier borg soldiers rounding up civilians to put in the Ourang-Outang camps.

The light is on but no one is home, most military people don't get my sense of humor. Hard to believe there was once a superior culture than ours that existed in the oceans. Built monuments like the pyramids. Now we know how to eat corndogs and apply for janitorial positions, cleaning up bubble gum. Genocide on Civilians (Stomping on the face), because of orders and a paycheck.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
They will do as they're told.....That's how the US Military rolls.....
edit on 5-12-2011 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by saltdog

It is pretty easy to figure out who the fakes are they start by talking about how Bad a## they are. Most of the time. I am sure you know the one I am refering to.

Keep the faith

Keep faith in being "Bad," and in keeping this society really weird.

No simpleton bred soldier can take that away from me, the God I know in my heart.
My friends, each of you is a single cell in the great body of the state.
The thugs and wrecker have been cast out. Let each and every cell rejoice!

I am an obvious dissenter to this NWO society. Strategize fairly on how to organize atacks, wear down strategies do sometimes work. Blackwater squares bring it on boys!

Socrates it is true, they are remarkably crude.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by DaveWx3

But foreign troops and mercenaries like blackwater would

And seeing that this populace is armed to the teeth, I invite foreign troops and blackwater mercenaries to bring it.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join