It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Soldiers do if Ordered to Arrest Friends, Families, Neighbors on US Soil?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I know this is a loaded question but it's one that has been on my mind for awhile now. Please know that this is NOT a hate thread for the Military but rather a question that many would like to have an answer to.

The current state of America is very volatile and many of us believe that it will be very soon that we will see green garb in the streets, brandishing loaded weapons and ordering people to disburse and give over their weapons.

For any Military Personnel on ATS, What are you going to do when you are ordered to the streets of America to act as police over the very people you are entrusted to protect? In other words, go against everything that America stands for?

Maybe you can't personally answer that question on here but insight into what MAY be the general feeling amongst fellow soldiers would be appreciated.

I don't think it's even a question anymore. It's when and not if it will happen and that time is fast approaching. So what will you do?

Will you use force against peaceful demonstrators standing for their rights? Will you warn your neighbors of Martial Law plans? Will you force your way into private houses to seize guns from people protecting their families if you are ordered to?

Will you point a loaded weapon at your Non-Military friends? Will you participate in locking up innocent people? Family? Seniors?

Or will you draw the line in the sand and stand with us?

I know many will do as ordered but I also believe that many more will have a conscience attack and realize that they are actually in the same boat as the 99%.

What will YOU do?

Peace

edit on 4-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have been out of the USMC for 5months, I can assure you that the majority of men I served with would not follow orders to police citizens who are not doing anything wrong.
I do believe there would be some though. I did not trust everyone, and I believe they would be pressured into it with intimidation from the higher ranks.

The question has so many different scenarios though so I can only give a general reply.

Edit to add:

Will you use force against peaceful demonstrators standing for their rights?

No

Will you warn your neighbors of Martial Law plans?

Most low ranking military would never even hear of it until it was being enacted. But if they did, I'm sure it would be leaked.

Will you force your way into private house to seize guns from people protecting their families if you are ordered to?

I would not. My good friends would not. But others would.

Will you point a loaded weapon at your Non-Military friends? Will you participate in locking up innocent people? Family? Seniors? Or will you draw the line in the sand and stand with us?

Unless a weapon is being pointed at me, or my fellow marines I would not point a weapon at anyone. Ive done things in the past that would contradict this, but that was in a hostile environment and still for the safety of myself and those around me.
edit on 4-12-2011 by DaveWx3 because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveWx3

But foreign troops and mercenaries like blackwater would

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
they have procedures for that. they will send troops that are unrelated to the people they are going to arrest. or they'll be like cops and protect their own.

link   

Originally posted by DaveWx3
reply to post by jude11

I have been out of the USMC for 5months, I can assure you that the majority of men I served with would not follow orders to police citizens who are not doing anything wrong.
I do believe there would be some though. I did not trust everyone, and I believe they would be pressured into it with intimidation from the higher ranks.

The question has so many different scenarios though so I can only give a general reply.

I understand that there will be many that will disobey orders to do so. What then? Prison? AWOL?

I do believe many will risk it to do the right thing but there are those that will blindly follow orders as well.

Time will tell.

link   
reply to post by jude11

They will send foreign troups when the time comes...
they will act like we do in foreign countries....
Karma is a bitch....

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
reply to post by DaveWx3

But foreign troops and mercenaries like blackwater would

Good point. Never thought of that scenario.

Damn!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I believe TPTB have already anticipated this. I'm pretty sure there's a protocol in place whereby they plan to use non-US soldiers for the dirty deed. Our soldiers will be shipped off in trade, I suppose, to quell someone else's uprising.

I may be mistaken about that, but I have heard strong claims to that effect. I'll make it a point to look it up. But let's find out what our boys have to say, just in case they are put in that position....

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
I believe TPTB have already anticipated this. I'm pretty sure there's a protocol in place whereby they plan to use non-US soldiers for the dirty deed. Our soldiers will be shipped off in trade, I suppose, to quell someone else's uprising.

I may be mistaken about that, but I have heard strong claims to that effect. I'll make it a point to look it up. But let's find out what our boys have to say, just in case they are put in that position....

BINGO.

They will use troops from other localities and countrys.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Thats fine, keep in mind however the amount of well trained vets we have in this country, a HUGE amount........

I urge you to checkout oathkeepers.org

We will always protect our country and her people

10 Orders we will not Obey
edit on 4-12-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

reply to post by jude11

I understand that there will be many that will disobey orders to do so. What then? Prison? AWOL?

I do believe many will risk it to do the right thing but there are those that will blindly follow orders as well.

Time will tell.

If we were ordered to, there would be people both going to the brig, and "AWOL".

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I had a similar question but you beat me too it
I personally think it would start the decay of our military, and raise a lot of why sir questions. Just my opinion

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Interesting question.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy
I had a similar question but you beat me too it
I personally think it would start the decay of our military, and raise a lot of why sir questions. Just my opinion

Dissension in the ranks would be a good thing for the people IMO.

At least then we would have some on our side with the knowledge and experience to fight back.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

As someone who lives with, is descended from and is married to a solider let me give you a quick answer: They'd throw your ass in jail because you don't pay their bills. It's just the way things are, they have to eat too.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by jude11

As someone who lives with, is descended from and is married to a solider let me give you a quick answer: They'd throw your ass in jail because you don't pay their bills. It's just the way things are, they have to eat too.

As someone who is descended from, and also served as an enlisted Marine..........Let me give you a quick answer.....

Youre wrong........

Trust me, if things have fallen so far that military men and women are asked to turn on their mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters.........the last thing on our minds would be our paycheck

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Thats fine, keep in mind however the amount of well trained vets we have in this country, a HUGE amount........

I urge you to checkout oathkeepers.org

We will always protect our country and her people

10 Orders we will not Obey

I am very familiar with Oath Keepers and this is part of the reason I posed the question. I know what the Oath Keepers would do but what about those that are not members? Is it because they don't adhere to their agenda or maybe because they don't want to be singled out but secretly support it?

Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by jude11

Really? Do they not think about what they do in the Army?

I mean I've had some problems with the Army in Iraq, but I at least would figure they can use a little reasoning and realism when the time comes.

For everyone else: With all due respect this spouse does not speak for the USMC at all.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

No jude I just dont think a lot of people are aware of the organization itself....

Also , some people might not be members just cause its not their thing..........it doesnt mean they dont agree with them......

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Really? Do they not think about what they do in the Army?

No most of them don't, and you need to remember the training is meant to keep people in line and not questioning orders. If you question every order things don't get done therefore that sort of behavior is discouraged. We'd all like to think everyone joins for a noble cause, but when it's between putting food in your kids mouth and nobility I think we all know which way most people go.

For everyone else: With all due respect this spouse does not speak for the USMC at all.

Army, not marines and to proclaim that because my opinion isn't a positive assessment that suddenly you guys are speaking for the military is a little bit jerkish.
edit on 4-12-2011 by antonia because: forgot something

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join