It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Soldiers do if Ordered to Arrest Friends, Families, Neighbors on US Soil?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This is just my opinion but I think there would be a huge uprising by the people if troops from other countries were on American soil trying to suppress us. Dont get me wrong there would be a uprising as well if it was our own troops running the martial law, but there is just somethiing about having foregin troops doing it that would open up a can of worms that TPTB would not for see coming.
edit on 4-12-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It's not a military persons job to think. They'll take the order or face a tribunal. It's that simple.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

A few thousand ppl with small arms vs. a full military with satellite recon and air power, it will go very badly. Much like what the Bielski partisans saw in WW2. Peashooters vs. gunships is a joke.

lol A few thousand people with small arms? 1. You apparently dont know how well armed the American people are, or how resourceful we can be, especially vets and enlisted men, on acquiring the things that we need..

2. You are only looking at Oath keepers.......you arent looking at the other literally 100s of thousands of vets that are in this country, AND those currently enlisted who would facilitate the needs of a resistance......

Remember who pilots those jets and gunships, and other military vessels and vehicles........

Servicemen and women who get an order to do something against their own people on American soil on that level, will very quickly turn that same airpower and sea vessels against the would be oppressors

That you can bet on

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger
reply to post by jude11

It's not a military persons job to think. They'll take the order or face a tribunal. It's that simple.

Again another ignorant statement.....

I find it funny that the same people that spew this stuff, clearly dont listen to those of us who HAVE and ARE serving, and are clearly able to think for ourselves, and make our own decisions.....

Whats with the double standard

Less than two pages and already military bashing thread, telling us how stupid and brainwashed we are......

maybe you SHOULD worry about what military people would do, after the way you treat them
edit on 4-12-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

To be fair, any conflict would be asymmetric in nature. Heck, the Afghans are kicking our asses all over town and they don't have nearly the technology we do.

We are only fighting certain afghans there, our primary mission there lately has been to guard
poppy fields for the drug runners.

Pretty sad, so we have to consider we are not hearing the whole story, ppl like Tillman were
killed because they were going to talk.

I am pretty sure other ppl are sent on "Ringer" missions that fit the "talking" profile.

The war in afghanistan is not what it seems.

China did not activate one of its artillery missile divisions and send it to the pakistan border
and have joint exercises with them over a minor issue.

Top level Chinese military officials do not threaten WW3 over small issues.

The US has a history of drug running and doing things it is not suppose to.

This "adventure" is much the same.

Go look up all the info on "Barry Seal" on wikipedia and elsewhere and realize
the government has been rogue for a VERY long time.

edit on 4-12-2011 by Ex_MislTech because: spelling

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

I agree and again I will state that this was NOT to be a Military bashing thread. Just a thought provoking, info gathering discussion but it has turned and not for the better.

Thanks for YOUR honesty and input BTW.

Muchly appreciated.

Peace
edit on 4-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

I find it funny that the same people that spew this stuff, clearly dont listen to those of us who HAVE and ARE serving, and are clearly able to think for ourselves, and make our own decisions.....

Whats with the double standard

Less than two pages and already military bashing thread, telling us how stupid and brainwashed we are......

maybe you SHOULD worry about what military people would do, after the way you treat them

I agree with you here, there are plenty of thinking ppl in the military.

I think some ppl forget this is a modern military with modern weapons,
nuclear power, and phased array radar systems.

I know of few civilians that could work on any two of the high tech systems
that run the more advanced weapon systems I used to work on.

If the order looks legit the ppl in the armed services will go along, if it looks
rogue and the ppl are freaking out a lot of the ppl in the military will simply walk
away and thus why I say ahead of time they will be sent overseas, and the older
ones labelled as terrorists by tripe like the MIAC report.

I wish everyone luck, they are going to need it.

Naomi Wolf's end of america is looking mighty prophetic.

This is not barry soetoro's game he is just a figurehead there to play a part.

The mover and shakers sit at the round table groups that are not subject to popular votes.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I think you give statements a weight that was not intended. Let me give you an example of "brainwashing": My sister was in the navy for 9 years, during basic is was common for her instructors to force her to do several sets of pushups if she didn't do something right. One of these things was not hitting the deck fast enough. To this day if my sister hears a loud noise she will feel the urge to "hit the deck" and she has been out of the navy for at least 3 years. The method by which one is indoctrinatied is similar whither we are discussing good or evil things. Military training is to make one follows orders instinctively. If you are not doing this you don't need to be in the military and you will get weeded out. You probably do it more than you think. If someone screams "Duck" are you going to ask why? I doubt it? This is in and of itself a form of brainwashing. Certainly there may be some contention about what wrench to use or how to best cap someones ass but rarely ever do people in the military stop and say "We shouldn't cap that guy".
en.wikipedia.org...
All of us are subject to mind control. I will say if you are a person who is strongly individualist I think you don't belong in the service as it's not that kind of a job. It is collectivist by it's very nature, very rigid and hierarchical. It's why I never joined, I know what it is and I know what happens. I don't look down on anyone who does it, it's just not for me. I make no value judgements about the training, it is necessary for what they do.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You attempt poorly to correct ManBehindTheMask's view of this thread while ignoring the obvious the basher in the thread he is addressing.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
OK, I went off to find support for my claim of an agreement between the US and Canada to trade troops. I'm back now, I've read through all the posts that occurred since I left, and I found what I was looking for. This is a statement from the Northern Command (known as NORTHCOM), whose job it would be to take over in the event of martial law.

"United States Northern Command: Defending Our Homeland" [Puke] [Gag]

February 14, 2008 SAN ANTONIO, Texas — U.S. Air Force Gen. Gene Renuart, commander of North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command, and Canadian Air Force Lt.-Gen. Marc Dumais, commander of Canada Command, have signed a Civil Assistance Plan that allows the military from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation during a civil emergency.

“This document is a unique, bilateral military plan to align our respective national military plans to respond quickly to the other nation's requests for military support of civil authorities,” Renuart said. “Unity of effort during bilateral support for civil support operations such as floods, forest fires, hurricanes, earthquakes and effects of a terrorist attack, in order to save lives, prevent human suffering and mitigate damage to property, is of the highest importance, and we need to be able to have forces that are flexible and adaptive to support rapid decision-making in a collaborative environment.
Blahblahblah...

The statement above is apparently the watered-down one, because they (NORTHCOM) had made earlier statements that turned out to be controversial:

Leahy Concerned about Northcom's New Army Unit

“They may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control,” said the Army Times when it first reported on it. These duties would be in addition to dealing with “potentially horrific scenarios such as massive poisoning and chaos in response to a chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear or high-yield explosive, or CBRNE, attack.”

Soldiers in the unit “also will learn how to use ‘the first ever nonlethal package that the Army has field,’ 1st BCT commander Col. Roger Cloutier said, referring to crowd and traffic control equipment and nonlethal weapons designed to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals without killing them,” the article noted.

Cloutier even bragged to the Army Times: “I was the first guy in the brigade to get Tasered.”

The Army Times has since issued a correction, stating that the “non-lethal crowd control package” is “intended for use on deployments to the war zone, not in the U.S.”

NorthCom’s own press release of September 30 says, “This response force will not be called upon to help with law enforcement, civil disturbance, or crowd control.”

The unit will have its regular weapons, however. It will store other weapons in “containers,” and will have access to tanks....

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

It sounds like your sister has problems. And not to be offensive but she was in the Navy and although there are some high stress jobs in the Navy it is not like she was a Marine or in the Army. Unless she was a total screwup doing push-ups is generally limited to physical fitness. Basic training is meant to be hard it weeds out the ones that are mentally unfit and physically unable.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by jude11

You attempt poorly to correct ManBehindTheMask's view of this thread while ignoring the obvious the basher in the thread he is addressing.

Nope, read it again.

Maybe not too clear but I am in fact supporting ManBehindTheMask's statement of the turning of the thread.

I was also addressing the basher. Mayhaps I'll re-word a tad bit for clarification...

Thanx for the heads up...

Peace

edit on 4-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by antonia

It sounds like your sister has problems. And not to be offensive but she was in the Navy and although there are some high stress jobs in the Navy it is not like she was a Marine or in the Army. Unless she was a total screwup doing push-ups is generally limited to physical fitness. Basic training is meant to be hard it weeds out the ones that are mentally unfit and physically unable.

I agree, while I am no doctor... It sounds like a case of PTSD which can be different for everyone. If that part of her life was super traumatizing for her (to the point you explained) then she might want to seek help.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
When I saw the thread title, my immediate thought was "Here we go again..." After opening the thread, I see that the military bashers aren't out in force yet and am pleasantly surprised. I'm a military wife as well with family on my mother's and father's sides who have served or are serving in various branches, not to mention many friends whom I knew prior to their joining. Now that I'm thinking about it, I am related to or friends with at least one person in each branch of the military. None of them would follow such an order. They are all capable of thinking for themselves, and the first thing that will go through their minds if such an order were given isn't "I have to so I can feed my kids" it would be ensuring their own families weren't rounded up by the few idiots who would actually follow the order.

If it's gotten to that point, there won't be any paychecks with which to buy food for the kids and society itself will have dissolved. That's something many people don't seem to think about when this scenario comes up. If everyone is getting rounded up, there is no one to harvest the fields, run the stores and factories, or transport goods from one place to another. If everyone is getting rounded up, who is going to do all that? No one is going to carry on with their lives if their families, friends and neighbors are all getting rounded up. The majority will be holed up in their homes hoping they aren't next, and the few who aren't won't be worried about running a store or harvesting a field they'll be fighting back. Well, that or looting.

Short version: ~99% won't follow that order. There will be some who do, because there are always idiots who can't think for themselves no matter what group of people you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Righttttttttt....... And you know this because of how many years of service?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveWx3

Thought I should add a few things after reading your thoughts.
1) Thank you and the others on here for serving
2) Thanks for your level-headed input.

You can see throughout history and even recent events where brother has been turned against brother, and the results seem mixed. Some will, some will not.

Now, is it possible to have a civilized thread on such a serious issue here without personal attacks?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Simple, they won't be asked to go after their family. Just read ATS. There are more than enough Americans just itching to eradicate other Americans.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Jude11... You say when. I wouldn't go that far. I'd say if. Big if. We are not close to such scenarios...

I take no unlawful order. We might swear an Oath to protect the Constitution and obey (lawful) orders from above, but I place serving and protecting the American people before obeying orders.

Would not use force against any citizen acting within their constitutional right who are obeying the law, and if it turns out our Commander in Chief and officers above take on a Hitler like approach to population control, or this martial law everyone here talks about becomes a reality, then we have another problem, don't we?

In such scenarios, our military would become caught in between a literal tug-o-war, wouldn't they...

With that said please people don't get all civilian vs military up in this thread. Remain respectful... We are after all your military. I apologize for a previous poster who is a spouse of a service member. They don't realize that you indeed do pay our bills.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Thats fine, keep in mind however the amount of well trained vets we have in this country, a HUGE amount........

I urge you to checkout oathkeepers.org

We will always protect our country and her people

10 Orders we will not Obey

I saw this thread title, read the OP and had formulated an answer, but ManBehindTheMask already answered for me.

What he said!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Short version: ~99% won't follow that order. There will be some who do, because there are always idiots who can't think for themselves no matter what group of people you're talking about.

Arent people in the military also you know...people?
A few of the things I read here
"Liberals are mentally ill and should all be locked up."
"Anyone who voted for Obama should be hung for treason."
You know what I mean and I am sure it goes both ways. I find it hard to believe no one in the military feels any of these things. Is there something that makes them immune to this kind of political hatred? I am certain my neighbor or my brother would refuse to round me up when ordered but god forbid I were to slap an Obama bumper sticker on my car and drive a mile down the road here in the reddest district in NY.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join