It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Soldiers do if Ordered to Arrest Friends, Families, Neighbors on US Soil?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I just find it interesting the amount of hatred some in this country have for their own military personnel.....

And then threads like this come up, and sure its a valid question......but its like ....

You beat a pitbull day in day out and treat it like crap, but expect it to serve you and protect you....

Then one day the pitbull turns and bites you, and you wonder why.....

Military men and women will protect the people of this country, even if its against the government itself....

but those who treat military men and women like crap should keep the above analogy in mind.....

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I imagine the fed has worked vigorously to answer that very question.

I bet they know the combat potential of each and every state.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I enlisted waaaaaay back in 1981. Have seen, heard many slanderous statements made about the military. And while, "Even a good dog will bite if you kick it long enough"
We all took an oath.
And I honestly think that 99% of the folks, active, or not, will rise to protect even the self-same people who enjoy spitting on us.
It's what separates us from them.
Honor, duty, respect.

edit on 4-12-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I enlisted waaaaaay back in 1981. Have seen, heard many slanderous statements made about the military. And while, "Even a good dog will bite if you kick it long enough"
We all took an oath.
And I honestly think that 99% of the folks, active, or not, will rise to protect even the self-same people who enjoy spitting on us.
Honor, duty, respect.

Could not agree more

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
If things got to the point of that. I would fall back to my hardend shelter with my family and friends. Got everthing i need to live there. I would help soldiers and civilians alike so long as they are on the same sheet of music i am on.

I will not point my weapons on american citizens under orders. Moraly wrong. Try me for awol when things blow over. Ide take the honorable, dishonorable discharge for doing what was moraly right to do. And if things dont blow over, you know where i am. Hit me on the hf.

I cant argue with that. I don't have a shelter though.

Side note: You should lauch your coments section on your profile I hollar at ya once in a while.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

We will always protect our country and her people

10 Orders we will not Obey
edit on 4-12-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

We'll know oathkeepers are actually serious once they come out with "10 Orders We Ain't Gonna Let YOU Obey"
edit on 5-12-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

We'll know oathkeepers are actually serious once they come out with "10 Orders We Ain't Gonna Let YOU Obey"

Care to explain what you mean exactly........thats a bit cryptic

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Psychos exist on both side of the fence: soldiers/police and friends/families/neighbors. That depends how heartless the ones with the guns exercise their will to live and their right to refuse orders on "innocents".

I like the "Oath Keepers" version.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

We all took an oath.
Honor, duty, respect.

I gave you a star for that one. It is sad but most of the people that make those slanderous statements do not have a clue what honor, duty, or respect truly are. We're supposed to deny ignorance here but those very people who make those slanderous statements embrace ignorance. They cling to a idea that we are mindless zombies and when faced with the truth by those of us who have served their country and can speak from experience they are the ones who generally turn into zombies with a rhetoric about how we are all killers or murders depends on who you talk to.

A small amount of paranoia is healthy but some of these people are sick plain and simple. I rarely get angry but sometimes it's hard not to when you are basically being accused of being a heartless piece of crap that would kill his own family in ordered to. Or kill American citizens if odered to both make sick but I will keep speaking the truth with hope that some will listen.

Thank you for your service brother.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

There is a mighty big difference between the Military and Police. One is trained to shoot and kill the enemy while the other is trained to shoot and kill their own civilans.

The military will protect civilians before Police would.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
current Police Brutality prevalence is proof most Americans would be nevertheless trigger-happy and see each dead neighbor and even relatives as more $, food, vagina, and freebies for themself.

face it, its the American way - worldwide.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

If you look at the Oath all military members take you will see we already swear to that and more. The first part of our oath is to uphold the constitution that goes beyond those 10 orders. While I like what Oath Keepers stand for at a glance, I also looked at the membership fee which makes me wonder is this just another way for someone to make money while feeding parinoia. I will look at the site more at a better time but the reality is the American people have nothing to fear from there military.

Touching on another note the idea of foriegn troops being brought in is totaly preposterous. Each state has the National Guard which serves as a militia to protect its citizens. I have served both active-duty and National Guard the scenario laid out of our government bringing in foreign troops would not, will not, cannot happen. For arguments sake if it did those of us who have served would go to the armory's and drive the bastards out of our country. And after that whoever was responsible for letting that happen in the first place would be in prison or dead. Then maybe we can have some honest elections.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
im in the marine corps, i gave the oath to protect and defend the constitution of the usa. if my orders contradict the oath i pledged, ill throw up the deuce and be gone... off into the mountains.

thats just speaking for myself of course, most people who joined the military are brainwashed into thinking "If they tell me to do it, it must be right"

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by jude11

There is a mighty big difference between the Military and Police. One is trained to shoot and kill the enemy while the other is trained to shoot and kill their own civilans.

The military will protect civilians before Police would.

Please define the difference.

These days, it's getting more and more difficult to understand which is which.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
What's the difference ?

American soldiers are happy to travel the word killing people just because they're told to ... what makes you think they'll finally find their morals when they get asked to do the same thing on home soil ?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
"The clone troopers, now proudly bearing the honorable rank of Imperial stormtroopers, have tackled the dangerous work of fighting our enemies on the front lines. Many have died in their devotion to the Empire. Imperial citizens would do well to remember their example."
―Emperor Palpatine during the Declaration of a New Order

"In the past, we secretly enjoyed putting down a local insurrection or two. They kept the troops sharp and the Empire feared. But these Rebels were different. They were organized, they were growing, and they were everywhere."
―501st stormtrooper, commenting on the increasing threat of the Rebel Alliance

"No stormtrooper would dream of disobedience."
―GC-1000, to Fenn Shysa

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Pretty sad, so we have to consider we are not hearing the whole story, ppl like Tillman were
killed because they were going to talk.

I am pretty sure other ppl are sent on "Ringer" missions that fit the "talking" profile.

edit on 4-12-2011 by Ex_MislTech because: spelling

Knew unless you actually knew Tillman and was there when he died do not try to make his death and something it was not. There was a cover-up that that was because people screwed up. To try and say he was purposely killed because of what he believed was completed B.S. and as far as I'm concerned that is just as bad as how the military tried to turn into a hero for war. It distracts from what really happened and dishonors his name. I could debate you on this and show you where you are wrong but this is not the thread to do that. He was a hero in his own right, decent and honorable man. People are not sent on Ringer missions as you said.

They have no way of knowing he was on that hill and it wasn't someone else. No one ordered his death. To say that distracts from how the government lied to his family and tried to use his death for their own purpose. His brother was in that event. Please do some research or at the very least watch the documentary.

Deny ignorance.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by RightWingAvenger
reply to post by jude11

It's not a military persons job to think. They'll take the order or face a tribunal. It's that simple.

Again another ignorant statement.....

I find it funny that the same people that spew this stuff, clearly dont listen to those of us who HAVE and ARE serving, and are clearly able to think for ourselves, and make our own decisions.....

Whats with the double standard

Less than two pages and already military bashing thread, telling us how stupid and brainwashed we are......

maybe you SHOULD worry about what military people would do, after the way you treat them

Everyone in the military that refused to be deployed to Iraq because of 9/11 they had nothing to do with or WMDs everyone knew they did not have please stand up and proudly proclaim yourself a free thinker.

Thought not.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
When issuing a blatently illegal order, the subordinates are obligated under the UCMJ to place that issuing superior under arrest or they will be charged with disobeying the order to not place that officer under arrest. The courts martial will sort it all out after a full investigation.
edit on 4-12-2011 by tkwasny because: Typo fix

What if it is made a lawful order? I kind of thought that was the premise anyway. What if lawfully they were ordered to do so, would they still do it. Maybe I was wrong. The patriot act was a great way to kick off making it a legal order though and apparently they are working on making it legal to detain americans without warrant within the US I saw the other day?

I think it is more than a fair question. Will all the Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck devotees rush to protect some Obama loving liberal? What if choices have to be made and it is either family right or family left? How will that decision be made?

I am not a military basher but I am a realist. Rape happens all the time in the military so the idea that they are somehow better or more moral or more just than civillians falls on deaf ears. I know the military is full of humans just like every other pit on earth and I do not have faith all those humans will be compassionate heroes in the face of the option to watch a tree hugger die.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveWx3

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by antonia

It sounds like your sister has problems. And not to be offensive but she was in the Navy and although there are some high stress jobs in the Navy it is not like she was a Marine or in the Army. Unless she was a total screwup doing push-ups is generally limited to physical fitness. Basic training is meant to be hard it weeds out the ones that are mentally unfit and physically unable.

J

I agree, while I am no doctor... It sounds like a case of PTSD which can be different for everyone. If that part of her life was super traumatizing for her (to the point you explained) then she might want to seek help.

There is nothing wrong with her. No one said she hit the floor when she hears a loud sound. I said she has the urge at times. That is normal and a running gag among the navy. I think you are so emotional tied to the military you can't bear to hear anything that isn't a glowingly postive assessment. There is no need for further conversation, I'm just a basher, I get it

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join