It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-OWS threads reach for everything they can to denouce the movement.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by SLAYER69

I notice you did not answer the question.
When they say "we represent you", they do not mean politically. They mean "we're both in this hell hole together so why don't you come over here and stand up for yourself".

Oh that's the great part. Neither said they "Represented me" They had some valid concerns about the groups lack of leadership and direction. They do feel that the movement needed to clean itself up.

Seriously, I took the time and spoke to them because that's the kind of person I am I try to find out what all sides are saying.

But when I read people online saying they represent the whole and there will come a revolution then I see only two guys last week standing there and nobody yesterday it does put it into a real perspective.

No offense.

Big business. Well there in lies the issues. I agree that we need to do something about the corruption and Corporatism however, many are advocating the overthrowing of the Government. I'm sorry, I agree the system needs to be overhauled, Not toss the baby out with the bath water.

There is a difference.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I know huh. That was how popular the movement is in my area. Two guys standing on the park sidewalk. Hey, You asked and I did go to speak to them

So then your impression of OWS is based on 2 guys crapping on a side walk in your local area?

Never mind the countless youtube videos and live feed coverage or anything

I guess that is all we need to know, thanks for sharing
edit on 19-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Then you do stand united under the large idea that big business, corporations is a big part of the problem. Then their statement is truth, unless taken out of context. I've not heard anyone actually at the Occupy protests calling for the end of government. I've watched several live feeds, and that's never been said.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

You have aright to your opinion about me.
Being a Top Member isn't due to going along with the crowd and saying all the right sounding things.

Trust me when I say my whole time here at ATS I've been swimming against the tide of the "In Thing" to do menatlity.

This thread is a classic example.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Wow, Even in this thread some members have posted images of some OWS people holding signs saying that very thing. Selective Viewing?

Also, and let's be real here this is a prime example of what the lack of leadership creates. Various groups all claiming to be a part of the movement with conflicting agendas.

Doesn't that concern you?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

In the end the final answer is not related to this thread at all, it is the lack of unity within America is why OWS is not flourishing. If a group with no leader and demands and concerns based on its very members that strives for democracy and the futures of our kids cannot survive in this country, nothing can.

No matter if its the protesters themselves that do stupid things, or people blatantly just witch hunting it just pisses me off. People are just unable to stand as a group, that is all I have to say about this it was a nice talk.

Now that's a good point. However, I would contend that it's mainly because OWS or any other movement, fails the "it connects with me" test. That's what irritates me about the way OWS always talk about being the 99%, they quite plainly don't have the support of 99%. They need a better slogan.

Plus you are right, there is no galvanizing "Leader" for people to listen to and rally around in either of those two movements. Have you looked at the people supposedly the leaders of OWS? They don't instil any faith in me that's for sure. There are parts of the OWS and Tea Party groups that if they could be correctly harnessed would form a direct threat to the two party rule system we currently have in place.

While some of the goals of OWS are good, they are dragged through the mud but all the other stuff, just like Tea Partiers had happen to them. One could almost say there was a conspiracy to marginalize both groups but that would be crazy talk now, wouldn't it? I would think the party higher ups of Both Democrats and Republicans would rather not have upstart grass roots movements knocking off their candidates.

It's too bad Ron Paul isn't a really charismatic kind of leader with money to back him up, if he were, he would be a major threat to the Two Party system. Don't get me wrong, I like Ron Paul, but he just doesn't cut a big enough media persona that's necessary in today's political environment.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Not as much as the willingness of Americans to simply keep trudging along putting one foot in front of the other in life and not questioning the government, or realizing the problem. At least Occupy is awake enough to see the problem, and in my book that's a good start for any movement.

I'm sure the thousands of signs not proclaiming that were not as interesting to pass around the internet though.

Fyi, the popular viewpoint is to trash Occupy. You picked the wrong side if you swim against the masses of ATS opinion.

edit on 19-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
Typical deflection, ignore what I've said because the truth I present would be too damaging to your argument to acknowledge.

I know you're one of the ATS good ol' boys, and it's very disturbing that the top posters and those in "good standing" on this website high five each other's ignorance. You guys write the most sarcastic one liners, the most immature insults and jokes at the expense of those who don't agree with you. You practice subtle propaganda to discredit things you don't agree with just as good as any MSM corporation. It's bizarre. Though it somewhat makes sense the more you troll and the less substantial information you add to the discussion the more posts you'd have.. I guess a lot of sarcastic one-liners and deflection add up quickly in your post count.

Is it really ignorance? Or do you consider any opposing viewpoint, any view other than yours, ignorant?

Seems to me, the most closed minded people have been the OWS proponents.

"We represent you, deal with it".
"You're either with us or against us.

Sounds pretty authoritarian/closed minded to me.
edit on 19-11-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
So then your impression of OWS is based on 2 guys crapping on a side walk in your local area?

Is this what I wrote? Did I say they crapped on the sidewalk?
Put words in other members mouth much?

No. They didn't defecate on the sidewalk. That takes place over in NY and elsewhere. You're going to sit there and deny that?

Never mind the countless youtube videos and live feed coverage or anything

Yes I've seen plenty of Youtube videos. [Which doesn't really say much for both of us] . No, Actually I'm basing much of my opinion by yours and other overzealous supporters message.

I guess that is all we need to know, thanks for sharing

No problem.

Thanks for smearing and misrepresenting what I've said today.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Drezden

You have aright to your opinion about me.
Being a Top Member isn't due to going along with the crowd and saying all the right sounding things.

Trust me when I say my whole time here at ATS I've been swimming against the tide of the "In Thing" to do menatlity.

This thread is a classic example.

OK umm how do you consider yourself a top member idgi? You seem kind of narcissistic, not that i dislike you or anything. But lets be honest, and this may be off topic here but you are just another member here and we are all equal. Hate to bust your bubble and knock you off your high horse but if seniority mattered I have been here longer and then that would make me a "top flight member" lol, see how stupid that sounds. Sounds like something a 1% er would say 'im special" looking down the ant hill. It must be lonely at the top.

Popularity contests are for High School, this is just a forum for discussion

Just sayin

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You picked the wrong side if you swim against the masses of ATS opinion.

Semper Fi...

edit on 19-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

It was in reply to the other posters comment.
Don't try to make a horse race out of his lame duck personal attack.

Enjoy.
Hows that crow taste?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Also, and let's be real here this is a prime example of what the lack of leadership creates. Various groups all claiming to be a part of the movement with conflicting agendas.

What a disturbing concept, sounds like

America

It's called diversity

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Fyi, the popular viewpoint is to trash Occupy. You picked the wrong side if you swim against the masses of ATS opinion.

Semper Fi...

Not a marine. What does that mean in context to your quotation?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

What a disturbing concept, sounds like

America

It's called diversity

Yes indeed and when somebody such as myself and others post our opinions you can't handle it and attack anybody who is critical of the movement's issues.

It goes both ways Brother.

edit on 19-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

It was in reply to the other posters comment.
Don't try to make a horse race out of his lame duck personal attack.

Enjoy.
Hows that crow taste?

How was I attacking you? I was just explaining something to you, with an approach of logic. Nor am i smearing you. If you have a conflicting view then expect responses, if you make claim to status expect a response. You been here long enough you should know better.

Oora embrace the suck!

Yes indeed and when somebody such as myself and others post our opinions you can't handle it and attack anybody who is critical of the movement's issue.

It goes both ways Brother.

I handle it quite well, i dont attack i dismantle disinfo with facts. I ask you questions maybe uncomfortable ones. This is a crucial component to : denying ignorance

I Deny IT!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

OK umm how do you consider yourself a top member idgi? You seem kind of narcissistic, not that i dislike you or anything. But lets be honest, and this may be off topic here but you are just another member here and we are all equal. Hate to bust your bubble and knock you off your high horse but if seniority mattered I have been here longer and then that would make me a "top flight member" lol, see how stupid that sounds. Sounds like something a 1% er would say 'im special" looking down the ant hill. It must be lonely at the top.

Popularity contests are for High School, this is just a forum for discussion

Just sayin

Ummm, he actually is the top member.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Read the contents of your post history objectively.

I've gotta go back to work.
I have some obligations to meet and bills to pay.

PEACE
I'll be back...

link   

seriously Slayer?

you don't speak for everybody - remember that

seems like that should have been more of a mea culpa moment than an I know you are but what am I? interlude

so, on topic then...and enough with the juvenile one up-manship for now

why all the heckling - ? :-)

time and time again I hear the anti-OWS guys dishing it out: you've got no plan, no spokesperson, no agenda - no demands... you're disorganized, whiny and stupid

dirty, lazy, high and ridiculous while we're at it

then you and your brothers in arms - almost with the same breath - will say: your plans are to get hand outs, eat the rich, redistribute the wealth - topple the government - who knows what all else

either there's a plan - or there isn't - whatever suits your purpose at the moment

there isn't a plan - you all should get over it. There might be a plan at some point - but right now - there simply is no plan. Do things have to be tidy to stir you? Is organization what defines right from wrong? Do you want a dissenter's manual? There is no manifesto for this thing - and it is absolutely driving people up the wall - isn't it? :-)

it's a mess - the country is a mess - how hard is this to figure out? We're only 2 months into this thing - and in typically American fashion - many people seem to think the whole damn thing should be wrapped up and put away by the time we get to the final commercial

you and many others are completely missing the point of the whole movement

here's how we know:

I'm not Neo but those "Individuals within the movement" are wreaking havoc with it's reputation. Now the Unions and the communist party represent a fairly large group of "Individuals"

link   
oops
edit on 11/19/2011 by Spiramirabilis because: no need to chew my cabbage twice

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join