It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-OWS threads reach for everything they can to denouce the movement.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
reply to post by SLAYER69

How is it that you are speaking for "the other 310 million Americans"?

Oh... I have the same right to claim that as does those Park Squatters do.

I don't recall appointing you my spokesperson.

Kettle meet Pot

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I feel safe just walking around Jackson, Wyoming.

No OWS demonstrations anywhere. - Peace and tranquility -

It looks like Marxism will not takeover the USA today. - bummer -

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Cherry picking someones post apart like that should be against the rules. If you can't establish enough dialogue with someone that you have to interject them at every sentence, then its probably not worth saying at all.

What is that an example of?

Over regulation, though it seems to support my point of view so let me step all over you.
edit on 19-11-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I went to OWS Chicago, and I did feel safer at OWS then any typical day in Chicago. Maybe because of the solidarity. Funny though no rapes, I would remember being raped that's for sure. No drugs "i can smell doobage a mile away" , even the police were quite civil but that was a month ago. Me thinks beezer is trying too hard

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Whether you like them or not, those "park squatters" are doing more to represent anyone that's not a millionaire than our government is. They're also doing more to represent you, than you are doing for yourself.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Thanks for your opinion. Now back on topic...

This thread is nothing more than a Rant and should have been posted as such in the correct forum IMO.

So, some members have expressed concerns about the movements lack of leadership, direction, content and have pointed out various activities carried out in OWS name putting them in a bad light. [We know, we know by a few bad apples]

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

Whether you like them or not, those "park squatters" are doing more to represent anyone that's not a millionaire than our government is. They're also doing more to represent you, than you are doing for yourself.

No...

WRONG!

Here we go again.

No, they don't represent me PERIOD!

1. Union involvement.

NO!

2. Communist Agenda.

NO!

3. Civil disobedience.

NO!

4. Advocating Violence.

NO!

5. Advocating Armed conflict.

NO!

6. Destruction of Public and Private Property.

NO!

7. Occupying a Foreign Consulate.

NO!

8. No clear agenda

NO!

9. No clear leadership

NO!

10. Lack of personal or group responsibility

NO!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Trolling another thread? I guess you have to maintain your skills of misdirection, exaggeration, deflection, attack the person, and the endless array of argumentative fallacies at your disposal.. all accented with a healthy dose of sarcasm.

We can tar any group.. ANY by the same means you attack OWS. Teachers, doctors, conservatives, liberals... all of them have rapists, drug users, fringe political beliefs in their group. We don't define these groups as inherently bad because a small percent of them have done undesirable things. You say that there is a significant amount of crime. Please bring that staggering statistic to our attention.

You think there is a lot of crime at OWS for the same reason 1 kidnapped girl is front page news for weeks on end. In a country of 300+ million when everyone watches the same news it distorts the image of crime levels. There are thousands of people at hundreds of OWS protests. You hear about some isolated incidents coming from Oakland or Chicago... well what about Eugene, or any of the hundreds of cities in the U.S. who have OWS protests where no violence or rapes have occurred?

That wouldn't be convenient for your argument.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Squatting in a park and being - envious - of the millionaires is no way to go through life.

I think their parents wrote on the slate of who they are and it didn't work out very well.

---------
They should try using their power of free will wisely.

Create their own success instead of complaining about very successful people that
surround them near Wall Street, NYC.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

In the end the final answer is not related to this thread at all, it is the lack of unity within America is why OWS is not flourishing. If a group with no leader and demands and concerns based on its very members that strives for democracy and the futures of our kids cannot survive in this country, nothing can.

No matter if its the protesters themselves that do stupid things, or people blatantly just witch hunting it just pisses me off. People are just unable to stand as a group, that is all I have to say about this it was a nice talk.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Trolling another thread?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eab8c068a988.jpg[/atsimg]

Like it or not I'm a long time member in good standing here at ATS. Simply because you don't care for what I write does not mean I'm trolling

DEAL with It!

link   

Amen to that

I have never defecated in any park or even in public. There was a time or two while being very intoxicated leaving the bar to walk home "does not drink and drive" that i urinated on a wall in some alley. I am not a dog, but if slayer insists that I am a dog as well as the rest of OWS then fine.

Woof Woof
edit on 19-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

link   

Then you are for the 1%? If that is not the case, then they do represent you largely. Occupy is only united under one single idea, in that they all dislike the 1%. Like any other group of people, they have varying and sometimes outlandish ideas on what to do about the problem. The most outlandish are the ones being talked about, just like any other situation in life. It's just not as much fun to talk about the democrat that shows up to the protest. Better talk about the commys instead. Basic human nature.

Our government, loves the 1%, and does not care about you until you are not being bought and paid for every election.

Try going to your local Occupy. You'll find someone to talk to and stand with just like yourself, unless you're a really small minority.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Try going to your local Occupy. You'll find someone to talk to and stand with just like yourself, unless you're a really small minority.

I have...

I spoke to both Protesters.
They had conflicting opinions about the goals.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Both protesters? Meaning you spoke to two people? Not sure that really constitutes going.
How did they feel about big business? How do you feel about it?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I have... I spoke to both Protesters. They had conflicting opinions about the goals.

So there were 2 protesters there? Also were they squatting while you talked to them? Was there dialogue between both the squatters while squatting? Or did they take turns squatting and answering your questions? Because that would be very awkward one would think for the squatter and the person asking questions.

Just saying

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Both protesters? Meaning you spoke to two people? Not sure that really constitutes going.
How did they feel about big business? How do you feel about it?

I know huh. That's how popular the movement is in my area. Two guys standing on the park sidewalk.

Hey, You asked and I did go to speak to them

edit on 19-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Splitting hairs. Just by eliminating laws that allow unions and corporations to fund PAC' ad politicians, would solve the problem.
There are other forms of corruption that need to be dealth with, but that doesn't change the fact that stricter regulations would have prevented the financial collapse. Stricter regulations now would prevent a future financial collapse.

That doesn't mean that will solve the issue of corruption, that's just to deal with the financial aspect. There are still puppet politicians, and bankers that get elected to positions of power from which they can craft legislation that benefits them, among many other things.

The people in OWS define the movement. And if you associate with the anti-capitalism crowd, then you define yourself by the company you keep.
But I'm not anti-capitalist, so that's not true.
edit on 19-11-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I notice you did not answer the question.
When they say "we represent you", they do not mean politically. They mean "we're both in this hell hole together so why don't you come over here and stand up for yourself".

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Like it or not I'm a long time member in good standing here at ATS. Simply because you don't care for what I write does not mean I'm trolling

DEAL with It!

Typical deflection, ignore what I've said because the truth I present would be too damaging to your argument to acknowledge.

I know you're one of the ATS good ol' boys, and it's very disturbing that the top posters and those in "good standing" on this website high five each other's ignorance. You guys write the most sarcastic one liners, the most immature insults and jokes at the expense of those who don't agree with you. You practice subtle propaganda to discredit things you don't agree with just as good as any MSM corporation. It's bizarre. Though it somewhat makes sense the more you troll and the less substantial information you add to the discussion the more posts you'd have.. I guess a lot of sarcastic one-liners and deflection add up quickly in your post count.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join