It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: We Have Failed!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You are right that we have not accomplished much yet, but the future still awaits.

We need to educate people to 'vote with their $$$' and stop putting $ into corporations that conduct business in questionable ways.

Who controls our government? The corporations. If we cut out their bottom line $ they will lose their clout slowly but surely. I have been saying the same thing. If we could get organized we could boycott some of the worse offenders. Maybe that would be something "THEY" would notice. The power is with the people. I do not buy Exxon gas, I do not buy Chevy. I do not shop at huge stores that cut employee insurance and buy or manufacture everything outside of this country. We can make changes, B of A showed us that. What we do need is a spokesman that is not political and that people respect. Where do we get one of those???

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
You only fail because you accept defeat.

You are weak.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I am so sorry. I did not do that quote right at all. I really think you are right and did not mean to steal your words. "You are right that we have not accomplished much yet, but the future still awaits.

We need to educate people to 'vote with their $$$' and stop putting $ into corporations that conduct business in questionable ways.

Who controls our government? The corporations. If we cut out their bottom line $ they will lose their clout slowly but surely."

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
yep time to go get a job....first take a bath.

The camping probably was fun for you kids.

You failed as predicted.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Dear kdog1982,

I have no idea if you are writing to me, but since nobody else is responding and your post almost touches on the fringe of what I was asking, please allow me to respond.

*We DECLINE to take the fall for corporate greed. As the imminent failure of a system is clearly upon us WE THE PEOPLE will not continue to suffer as corporations and institutions enjoy epic gains of profit, federal forgiveness and support that this country in turn denies to the very citizens who make it great....
That one may be a statement of defiance, and a good one, but it is not a demand

*We DEMAND that the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT take an ACTIVE role in disassociating itself from the interests of private Wall Street and honor its position as an agent of the PEOPLE. WE THE PEOPLE DEMAND BOLD ACTION FROM OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS TO STOP THE CIPHONING OF MONEY INTO THE TOP 5%.
Do they mean illegal transfers? Do they mean spending money with large corporations? The government already thinks it is an agent of the people. Does "disassociating" mean something like separation of church and state? If I agreed to these demands, what would I have to do?

*We OCCUPY WALL STREET and challenge the largest powers of this nation: our military and police forces, the judicial system, corporate/federal employees on every level and academic institutions to IMMEDIATELY STOP practices across-the-board that employ prejudice against people’s racial/ethnic, social and sexual identity.
Ok, they want to end discrimination. Who disagrees? There are laws covering this already. Oh, it just hit me, this is same sex marriages, Ok.

*We OCCUPY WALL STREET as people who are challenging our state of suffering. We DEMAND that all citizens aligning themselves with our mission realize this is greater than returning this country to a nostalgic place of ‘betterness’.
They are demanding that citizens realize something? And it's only a demand of members. What's that doing in a list of demands? Repairing, renewing, and reviving? Does that mean anything beyond "there is something wrong with the country and we will change it?"

Wall Street: WE KEEP YOU ALIVE! Who built you brick by brick? Who writes the news that protects your assets? Who cleans your toilets? Who follows your orders? Who fills your (mounting) prescriptions?
This isn't a demand at all, it's simply saying to the 1%, "You employ us!" Ok, so? Do you want a raise? Are you quitting? What?

So,it makes me wonder,who is ignorant and who is denying it.

I can't tell if I'm ignorant or denying. I guess that makes me super ignorant. I can only see one, maybe two demands in the whole list (I read your source to see if I was missing anything.) Neither of the possible demands have anything to do with Wall Street, they're primarily directed at government.

I'm still confused and still waiting for my certificate of exemption.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
OWS is not about hand outs it is about BAIL OUTS

Just saying

I'd be careful if I were you some may take you for a Tea Party Supporter...

Just saying

I support the Tea Party's right to assemble, however i do not support them because they are a party and there is a political mechanism working within it imo. I could be wrong, maybe they are all really lefties and the news lied. But i dont pay mind to the MSN. But at least i do not claim they all take dumps in the streets and ask for handouts .. know what im sayin.

The same thing happened when the Soldiers returned from nam and protested, they were all dubbed hippie burnouts and spit on... a vicious cycle
edit on 18-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
The same thing happened when the Soldiers returned from nam and protested, they were all dubbed hippie burnouts and spit on... a vicious cycle

Well in 1970 My oldest brother was met at the Airport and had dog $hit thrown on his Marine uniform by some pretty little hippies and called baby-killer.

Needless to say he didn't join the demonstrations.

That sort of thing ruins their enthusiasm

Nice try though.

edit on 18-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarPeace
yep time to go get a job....first take a bath.

The camping probably was fun for you kids.

You failed as predicted.

You claiming OWS is done says that you have no idea what you are talking about. Please try to keep up and actually read some here. I dont know why OP thinks OWS is done, who claimed it was? NOBODY

The majority of OWS did not camp btw, they drove there and left. I know because I was there, try walking 6 city blocks to your car maybe 8. This just goes to show you as well as others read a thread title and do not even bother reading the OP's thread and make an assumption LOL @ you

Oh btw I Shower and Shave every day, I did not smell any B.O. besides a few Juggalo/Juggalette's. I seen a few hipsters whom were well groomed as far as i could tell but most people were like anyone you see in the norm. Please think before you make such a stupid comment.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well in 1970 My oldest brother was met at the Airport and had dog $hit thrown on his Marine uniform by some pretty little hippies and called baby-killer. Needless to say he didn't join the demonstrations. That sort of thing ruins their enthusiasm Nice try though.

Well that had to suck, those hippies were ignorant. Irony is my brother was in NAM too US Army of course. He never had Hippies throw poop on him that he told me or i can recall. If he did i certainly would not confuse OWS with the same like mind. The actions of individuals do not hold the majority accountable, is common sense.

btw I would never throw poop on a jar, unless we are going to scrap

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Those actions back then were a common event. It was a great past time for some to do. Why do you think many of these younger people today know about it in movies or read about it in books?

Since you brought up war protesters and Vets....

Why haven't we seen a big outcry about Obama and the Wars like what we saw under Bush? Why has OWS been mostly silent on that issue [ If they are it's been very low key] It seems to me that they are more about getting a handout and not too concerned about the wars.

Just an observation.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Yeah i heard about poop slinging, who stands around and holds poop let alone wants to collect it? They should have thrown elephant dung at Nixon if that was the case.

Obama?
Well maybe because Obama had pulled troops out of Iraq, slowly but never the less. He did not meet the time line but he got it done "unlike his other promises" , Bush implemented the war more so Dick Cheney. The WMD's and the intel taking the blame, was well laughable. You don't start a war based on hearsay. But Now Obama is changing his tune and sending more to Afghanistan after his "2009 Nobel Peace Prize" and executing Bin Laden without a trial. And i have doubts that happened. But The primary focal point is the Banks, Wall Street. This is an entire different subject and topic then the unjustified wars. But you cant tackle both at the same time without having the same impact. Maybe if you ask a bunch of OWS people as well you will get various answers.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Well not to get too far off topic...

I'm discussing in another unrelated thread about this immanent attack on Iran by the US. So apparently many see and feel Obama as a potential warmonger.

So much for perspective

TTY

edit on 18-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

they are more about getting a handout and not too concerned about the wars.

Last line was fallacy, OWS is not asking for hand outs. If you can prove this be my guest. Link or source?

Because it is not addressing wars and other topics does not mean it is for or against it. You are making an assertion, this is irrelevant. For instance if the tea party fails to discuss animal cruelty does it condone clubbing baby seals?

Well not to get too far off topic...

I'm discussing in another unrelated thread about this immanent attack on Iran by the US. So apparently many see and feel Obama as a potential warmonger.

So much for perspective

He is a Wolf in sheeps clothing imo

Unjust executions, assassinations without trial the list goes on. He is not who he claimed he was.

Barry Sotoro

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Busy topic, busy thread.
May I throw something out here?

It's been touched upon (not by OWS) but I'll say it again.

OWS is against "banking" influencing politicians.

Um, okay.

Why was there no protest against unions influencing politicians?

I know, rhetorical, since this was an SEIU driven effort. But this was definitely one of their (OWS) big problems.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Good Question, my answer is Organized Confusion. No method to the madness, this is what hinders OWS also what may be an advantage hence this makes it uncontrollable and corruptible. Everyone jumped on the band wagon, Russel invited his friends and said friends invited the neighborhood. Some say OWS was Hijacked.So you see everyone was invited.

Ever have a party and people show up you never liked?

That was the problem with Free Beer

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

BS!

Yet they'll occupy the Israeli Consulate?

Clubbing seals...?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

A presentation will be demonstrated at occupy Phoenix with a legitimate basis for change, we have not failed yet, we have been fine tuning our research. I will post again if we can have our voice herd, going public fast is the only way to become effective. So we are standing up for all the people that suffer, bringing a new age for human beings to prosper. Not as many people as i was hoping for, watched the streaming of "Thrive." besides that fact, we are striving to give the people the free energy that we all deserve, by making it illegal to keep potentially life changing technologies and any technology that would bring peace and prosperity to everyone as a whole. "Eat to live, not live to eat." and old proverb that has been forgotten. The technology exists, we don't need to be reliant on "fossil fuels" any more. there is no energy crisis, energy is abundant in this layer of space, yet we discard most of it. We must open our eyes and wake up from this "fear" that is hung over our heads everyday, (in the form of stress) we still have a chance to make a difference. more details will follow, if you have questions or want to really make this happen plz email me, additionally information for those who seek the truth and global awakening.

Im sure you (the reader) is wondering where my sources are, and wondering where i am getting my information. it dont need a source to tell you that the world isnt as advanced as it should be. we need to move forward so we can be better at peace with everything around us. Put religion aside, put race aside, put differences aside, and help this planet. last words..... lets please make a difference.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

There will be cake, tomorrow and the day after

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Can that be translated into English?

My Rosetta Stone Robot Speak Proficiency Course is in my other pants.

edit on 2011/11/19 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Puh-lease. Failed? Failed at what exactly? This is the trouble with most of you Americans. You think the entire world is YOU. The great U.S of A is going through troubled times. Boo hoo hoo.

Do you know that the rest of the world is functioning just fine? In my part of the world (Asia) nobody gives two hoots about the OWS movements. Just because the U.S is going through # does NOT mean that the rest of the world is going through the same nor do they even care.

In fact if your pathetic country collapses under it's own weight of incredible arrogance, ignorance and war mongering ways the entire world will be better off for it.

You reap what you sow and here's a fact. If America goes under no one is going to lend you a helping hand unless they want something of great importance from you. And that time will come soon. Only THEN will you know how the rest of the world feels.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join