It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live feed for Portland Occupy protests (they are due to be evicted, by police, at midnight tonight).

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You can cut the tension with a knife. I just keep thinking.... When are the cops going to make their next move? Will the protestors hold their ground? Will it remain peaceful?

I can't stop watching.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It is only 3:15 pm local time. That is why I am curious as to the area. I am not so sure they will wait till night. The G20 in Pittsburgh sure did not wait until nightfall.

I am watching the Livestream link... gotta admit I loved the protesters chanting "We Love You"
edit on 13-11-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Watching the media sources and the actual occupy sources are giving very different information. The Occupy feed may be choppy but the MSM and even the local media is trying to water it down.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

It's a busy office area .. they want this taken care of before 5am Monday morning for sure. I'm almost positive once the parks are secured and fenced and the Waste Management workers are out of the area and done cleaning up the parks extensive trash police will make a move.

For people that don't know Portland: On Main St and 4th Ave that teal colored building houses a lot of offices, including several departments of the city .. obviously people need to be able to access the building Monday. Incidentally, it was also voted the ugliest building in the country last year.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I have to say, the Award for Worst OWS chant should go to Portland.

YOUR SEXY....YOUR CUTE....TAKE OFF YOUR RIOT SUIT!

I could not stop laughing, but was overcome with a case of the douche chills at the same time.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

God forbid they have to say excuse me once or twice! These people strike me as the type of group that would gladly clear a path. They do not want the worker bees that show up Monday to a job that they hate, joining Occupy.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This is what our founding fathers fought and died for. Why is this not on every channel on television? Why is the so called liberal President not backing the protesters? Why are we putting up with the fact that this isn't all over the media?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Any moment now, saw officers behind the first line that seemed to be stretching and getting ready, also saw officers putting flex cuffs on their vests.

Looks like they've got these people between two buildings, it would be a disaster if they threw gas in because it seems like these people would have nowhere to go but back.
edit on 13-11-2011 by heyitsphil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

So? The protest movement here we had several homeless set up camp next to us. They didn't mix in but set up essentially behind us. One homeless woman said she felt safer sleeping there beside us protesters than anywhere else in the city (where she me be robbed, or raped). We also drove 2 homeless people to the hospital, fed the homeless, and helped keep them warm with our clothing drive. You are making the mistake of thinking they are some kind of nuisance or maybe you are confusing homeless people with bums when there is a big difference.

As for the thread, I am catching up. I stopped watching the feed around 9 this morning, but left it opened while I slept.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

They do not want the worker bees that show up Monday to a job that they hate, joining Occupy.

hahahaha .. actually, it wouldn't surprise me if they were there right now! There are local rumors that AFSCME and members of AFL-CIO were in the crowd last night .. which wouldn't be surprising, since those unions and others have marched with Occupy Portland before.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I'm confused as to what law they're breaking? They've been more than cooperative. They're not leaving the area completely, but they don't have to.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Then I'm guessing those workers going to work Monday may not give a crap? You see where this is going right? They simply want them gone.
edit on 13-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If people are willing. Please be on the look out for more live streams. The Op's link said they have about 45 minutes of battery left and will have to turn it off, but he will be turning on his ustream?

I did not catch his ustream account.So, please post any other live streams that you may know of. I am looking as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If you don't think they won that is because you weren't watching when upwards of ten thousand people stood facing riot cops and sang the Star Spangled Banner. It was a sight.

edit on 13-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Annnnnd now the Occupy Portland "government" is trying to reason with the crowd lol.. ahhh idealist.

News report: "It would appear just because you have a bull horn doesn't mean you run this protest anymore"

OWNED hahaha
edit on 11/13/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

Neither are big #ing clubs being dubbed "non-lethal". What do you think is going to happen if one of those cops cracks someone in the head with it?

On a more positive note, I see a guy wearing a gas mask. I was curious if that's illegal or what? I guess it's not illegal. Good bit of information to have if you're a protester.
edit on 13-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

Hi. It is not really to much of a mystery of what will happen if you get a crack with one of those (as you call them) big fkn clubs. PS-They are called batons.

Let me explain it to you ok.

It depends on where you are whacked with it. Lets say it is the top of your coconut or frontal/side of face.

Depending on the force of the blow, it can - Split skin and make you bleed. It can render you unconscious. If swung with enough exuberance, it can fracture your skull.

Can also be used as a spear. Thrust forwards into your appendages. Very effective in making perps take a step backwards.

I hope this has answered your questions.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

How did you mean. I was asleep at the time you posted.
Just commenting in general or was something happening?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Just saw a guy in the crowd with a painting gas mask type thing, smart guy. I hope there arent any agent provocateurs in this crowd, gotta hand it to them for keeping it peaceful while facing down police in full riot gear.

Apparently cops are also passing out bottled water to other cops? Are they getting prepared?
edit on 13-11-2011 by heyitsphil because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by lnfidel

Number one, I know you from your thread that got closed. Like your thread, my mind is closed to what you have to say. A baton is not as big as a club. Those are clubs.

link   
Okay so some lady decides she wants to get everyone to move? What kind of resistance is that? Peaceful resistance is a must. It isn't much of a protest if we just get up and leave where they want us to go. If we are just gonna do what TPTB want us to, why don't we just go ahead and close up shop and go home. Maybe on the way we can stop by the banks and politely ask them to give back their bail out money, im sure that will accomplish a lot.

Stand your ground Occ. Portland.

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join