It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live feed for Portland Occupy protests (they are due to be evicted, by police, at midnight tonight).

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I guess those blue gloves are to keep their hands from getting blood all over them. Since when was riot gear a preparation to bring blood? They're using big clubs also, not batons. They look like corporate thugs.....not police officers.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Looks like the waste management guys are still clearing out the parks as fast as they can and setting up the fence. Anyone inside is being arrested.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

lmao no .... it's to protect them from infection. Protesters in Portland are notoriously ..... dirty.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yes, infection from the blood those pipes they're using are going to bring. I wouldn't even call that non-lethal. Those are lethal weapons, and they need to put them down.
edit on 13-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

They wear such gloves in preparation for blood,should things get violent, because they do not know anyone and whether or not they have any blood born diseases. It's precautionary. Not an indication of the cleanliness of the protestors.

Be fair.
edit on 13-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
people being asked to move to the sidewalks

to vacate the streets, allowing for vehicular traffic

yet. there's no room on the sidewalks

either others amongst the protesters won't make room OR those in the streets have no desire nor intent to comply.

it's not looking good, on the whole.

link   

No, it's a Portland thing. Showers are optional at the best of times, and washing your clothes isn't exactly considered "green"... I've worked with Portland Police before and when ever they had to move someone, anyone, they wouldn't even touche their clothes without wearing protective gloves because of infections like staph and so on..

link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Looks like they've made a few more arrest as well. It's insane I could go to bed and wake up and this still be going down lol .. I hope OWS enjoys how much this is costing the MIDDLE CLASS Oregon tax payer.

OWS didn't cost me one freakin' cent in state taxes. Mayor Sam Adams is who is costing me more in taxes. This is like blaming the Iraqis for the amount of money we spent invading them.

I'd much rather that revenue get spent on infrastructure to support the protesters instead of cops to chase them off.
edit on 13-11-2011 by Cuervo because: coffee...

link   
I hope it remains a bluff too, but somehow I don't think so...

I watched last night until about 1 am. And I think you are right.. the numbers may grow larger as we get toward evening.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Any law which violates our constitution does not have to be observed. Any law enforcement officer or politicians who do not observe the constitution are subject to the punishment of treason, and that punishment is death.

These thugs'(the police) time is coming to an end, maybe not tonight, maybe not this week, but soon enough people will shoot back.

Right now the protesters are reciting the constitution. This aint about wall street anymore, it's about the constitution. I am excited people are standing up!!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

No, it's a Portland thing. Showers are optional at the best of times, and washing your clothes isn't exactly considered "green"... I've worked with Portland Police before and when ever they had to move someone, anyone, they wouldn't even touche their clothes without wearing protective gloves because of infections like staph and so on..

Oh come on.You are not being fair at all. To suggest that the people of Portland don't take showers? Come on. If you have worked with PD, then you know it is precautionary when they see or expect the possibility of blood.They do not know these people and are unsure of whether or not they have blood born diseases.

It is precautionary and cops all over the place do this. Not just in Portland.

Gloves they are wearing have nothing to do with where the people are from. It is precautionary only.

Be fair

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

The streets in Portland are numbered North to South. Streets with names run East to West. The parks are along numbered streets, the protesters are currently on Main Street which is off to the side of 3rd. This means the sidewalk the police are trying to get them to move onto is not adjacent to the parks, so there shouldn't be any police on Main.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tadarida

This is a really stupid event. They're not leaving, and they're not making room for them. It strikes me as greedy. "Get those punks out of my way, I'm better than them, they need to leave" type of mentality.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

lmfao .. come up here to Portland, that's all I have to say. Showers are optional.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I've been..... To suggest all the people of Portland are unclean and do not take showers, is flat out silly.

Again, those gloves are worn by cops all over the country when they see or expect the possibility of blood. Why?Because these people are strangers and they are unsure if any of them have blood born diseases.

The gloves have nothing to do with the fact that these people are from Portland and you know it.

Again, be fair.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

A line of HIV+ people would be a great tactic to combat police brutality. I'm sure there's enough HIV+ people that have gone broke from the so called treatments to make it happen too.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Not cool.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Such a thing crosses the line too far for me... The idea of threatening to intentionally spread such a disease in order to deter police brutality irks me and it is not a tactic I would approve of.

I am a strong supporter of nonviolent resistance and I would consider such a tactic, violent.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

don't feed the ...

... or the troll, either.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There is no way all those people will fit on the sidewalk between 4th and 5th .. I don't think they will actually launch tear gas or pepper spray because there is a risk of people getting trampled. It's a narrow corridor, blocked in by buildings on both sides.

The street doesn't go anywhere either, it connects 4th ave to 5th ave, but 4th ave is closed right now.
and it's a one way street, even if they opened it there is no way a car could ever get to it to drive on it.

And off topic: Anyone notice that there are a lot of GREEN trees? .. It's half way through November and in the NW many trees (including all mine in my backyard) are still green.. it's weird.
edit on 11/13/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join