It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live feed for Portland Occupy protests (they are due to be evicted, by police, at midnight tonight).

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I just heard a guy come up and say the police are waiting for police from the surrounding cities to join before they move. I live here in portland and no one in my home knew about this until I read the post here.

link   
Someone just said on the live feed that word is the police are waiting for officers from other police departments to come in for back up before they clear everyone out. I'm guessing the police are waiting till dark so we can't see their dirty work.
edit on 13-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
There is no way all those people will fit on the sidewalk between 4th and 5th .. I don't think they will actually launch tear gas or pepper spray because there is a risk of people getting trampled. It's a narrow corridor, blocked in by buildings on both sides.

The street doesn't go anywhere either, it connects 4th ave to 5th ave, but 4th ave is closed right now.
and it's a one way street, even if they opened it there is no way a car could ever get to it to drive on it.

Yeah, I saw that. It concerns me. That is something that is liable to cause tempers to flare and other such issues. I hope they get that taken care of.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AIC4ME
I just heard a guy come up and say the police are waiting for police from the surrounding cities to join before they move. I live here in portland and no one in my home knew about this until I read the post here.

I would not doubt it. Once again, I hope both sides remain peaceful.

You should have seen it last night. 10,000 plus were flooding the streets.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
And off topic: Anyone notice that there are a lot of GREEN trees? .. It's half way through November and in the NW many trees (including all mine in my backyard) are still green.. it's weird.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yeah it was a strange year here.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Looks like another group of riot officers are coming up to Main st

Looked really funny, those big guys being led by the really short person

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Police radio traffic just stated that as soon as the park is fenced the next push will start.
Looks from the video they are getting close.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Interesting, I believe the use of force by the police will only strengthen these protestors and OWS' cause.

Its like seeing the police in birmingham use the water hoses, the more show of force by the police the more weary and curious the general populace will become as to the infringement of our rights to assemble.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Riot cops are starting to pull out tear gas guns ( Whatever you call them) according to the KGW link.

Saw one cop holding one on the feed. Hope no one gets hurt...Looks like they are getting ready to crack down hard,in a while....

Salem police have arrived.
edit on 13-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by heyitsphil

The media will just call them all dirty drug addicted hippies and that will be the end of that.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by AIC4ME

I would not doubt it. Once again, I hope both sides remain peaceful.

You should have seen it last night. 10,000 plus were flooding the streets.

Honestly I hope it doesn't remain peaceful for too long, because then they can just keep arresting everybody. We need to follow the constitution, and those who violate the constitution deserve the penalty of death, and the police, media, and politicians, and courts, will continue to trample the constitution until we start busting back.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Neither are big #ing clubs being dubbed "non-lethal". What do you think is going to happen if one of those cops cracks someone in the head with it?

On a more positive note, I see a guy wearing a gas mask. I was curious if that's illegal or what? I guess it's not illegal. Good bit of information to have if you're a protester.
edit on 13-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Apparently a bus of about 15 arrested protestors went by making faces trying to get the attention of cameras. I did not see it.Just heard it. Was multi tasking.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

Agreed, its a pipe dream that MSM will show what is actually happening. Although to the people that are tuned in, like us and others, a show of force against peaceful protestors will only strengthen this cause.

link   
Police officers from Salem have come up, not sure if they are planning on replacing officers or if they plan on pushing protesters back

link   
2nd line of police coming up to the front line..

I really hope nobody gets hurt.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Which feed are you guys watching?? The one I was using is froze on a shot from last night.

Nevermind, I found a working one from a previous post. Does anyone have a link to the exact location from like google earth or something so I zoom in on it. I am really curious as to what the area looks like that they are being lead into.
edit on 13-11-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

www.kgw.com...

It's not really a feed at the moment, but it's coverage that's not too choppy.

"Their patience is wearing thin" Right, you mean the orders to get rid of them have finally come down through the grapevine, and now the powers think they can move them under the cover of night. Say what you mean news lady!
edit on 13-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
MSM coverage: www.cnn.com...

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join