It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live feed for Portland Occupy protests (they are due to be evicted, by police, at midnight tonight).

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Listening now to the Multnomah County Sheriff and Portland Police Live Audio Feed they are saying that the parks are closed now, and who ever leaves and comes back will have their backpacks search for weapons and food stuff that could be used as weapons...laughable really!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Just got back from the occupation/protest & tired as all hell. Still can't believe what happened last night/this morning. Major victory for us, S & F OP. Now if I could jus... -_- < zZzZ

EDIT: o_o < This just in. Riot cops are reassembling. They will try another push.
edit on 13/11/2011 by PinkAndBlack because: Riot cops are reassembling.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarPeace

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

People 1, Portland 0.

Good night.

Unemployed failed Trash - 0

People who work in life - still pissed.

Fixed that for ya. [/quote

Somebody's bitter...wake up on the wrong side of the bed? If you don't like the topic, don't read the thread. Why pop in just to troll if you don't have a reasonable comment? Perhaps you would be happier if you went and watched your Faux News and balanced your Bank of America check book.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Congratulations to all involved, including those whom post updates even on this thread.

It is a major victory for ALL humans except one.

It was a major victory for those in OWS whom were there on the ground, braving the cold and all.
It was a major victory for those whom join in to support fellow humanity, despite differences.
It was a major victory for the police too, whom had not used force upon the masses.
MOST SIGNIFICANTLY, it was a major victory for the sacred Constitution, the blood of forefathers, and every patriotic american and even every human life on Earth, to prove that if the cause is strong, NO MORTAL can stand against Conscience.

The only loser was those whom called for the eviction - under the personification of the Mayor. May this unconstitutional beast be booted out from office soon.

Cheers to all fellow human brothers and sisters to a new beginning..!!!
edit on 13-11-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This was really very heartwarming to watch.

Both Protestors and Police kept their cool.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Here's a video link to the "scuffle" with the police. The police tried to use the horses to move people out of the street but ended up being pushed slowly down the block. It was a courageous moment for both sides. Both the protesters and police showed restraint in dealing with eachother.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I support the movement,but a lot of the people in there are now the homeless. They have used this even as an excuse to move in. There has also been a lot of drug usage too and that is a nice park they are blocking off.
Not sure how many people here live in portland so just putting in some more info.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Thx...just watched the live-stream and did some chatting. I know a few occupiers here in Holland and will pass the word about what is happening there in Portland. It is inspirational to see how many people are (actively) cocerned about how things are done by the governments and companies in the world.
edit on 13/11/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Don't you think the homeless belong in there?
Just a question - When I saw the movement in Atlanta being planned, they PLANNED for a lot of homeless to be there, and to feed them and welcome them. In some ways, it's ALL about the homeless and disempowered.

It's not like because they are homeless they are NON PEOPLE, not important, no participating citizens?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
From what I've been seeing on the live stream, while listening to the police scanner, it seems the park is being cleared.

Police have cordoned off entrance to the park at nearly all junctures, anyone entering with a carry bag is being searched, and I've heard repeated calls from various units asking that additional squads be dispatched to their location(s)

Though the live stream isn't showing this at the moment, the background noise from the incoming police radio calls sounds like things are heating up once again all over the perimeter of the park.

a cleanup equipment, trucks and even a bobcat track hoe

[most recent radio trans]
the police have the area cordoned off - full perimeter
now sending all other available units to Chapman Park

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

wOw.

The occupiers are apparently marching to the local precinct protesting that others who've been arrested be released

law enforcement's plan [comms over the radio] is to allow the 50-60 folks into the building ... then lock down the doors.

edit on 11/13/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
you can listen to the police scanner here:
www.radioreference.com...

Things are really ramping up there right now. seems the police are making their move(s) to direct, steer, guide and divide the protesters ... into smaller groups which can be more readily handled and/or addressed

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Yep - they are clearing the park.
They brought on a fresh shift I guess after the crowds got tired/went to sleep/home.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
reply to post by gorgi

Don't you think the homeless belong in there?
Just a question - When I saw the movement in Atlanta being planned, they PLANNED for a lot of homeless to be there, and to feed them and welcome them. In some ways, it's ALL about the homeless and disempowered.

It's not like because they are homeless they are NON PEOPLE, not important, no participating citizens?

The homeless are not there to protest but are there because its a place to sleep and put up your tent and the police wont kick them out. They really dont care about the cause. Atleast the rest of portland has less homeless asking me for change .

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the excellent thread guys.

Quite a lot went on last night huh?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
They have about 40 riot police surrounding 2 sitting protesters. The lady was streaming but her battery died, hoping she gets a charge or something www.ustream.tv...

One guy - a protester - was saying that he was at Ruby Ridge as a former officer and was talking about being a witness to the officers coming down the hill after killing the family. Was challenging the cops "Do you want to be that person that hits a veteran in the face with teargas? Or the officer that stands there and does nothing while the person beside him does?"

It was pretty intense. He was talking about quiting the EPA after some finding out the truth about some chemical - something would damage your DNA that the govt knew about but wouldn't tell people about.

(stream seems back up now.)
edit on 13-11-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
See, I was in portland last month. Stayed at the heathman hotel. Protesters marched around it. It was amusing, because I'm totally part of the one percent. Anyway, cops were being friendly, assisting people and blocking traffic so nobody got hurt by cars or the rail system. It was peaceful entirely. I don't understand what everybody is saying about how the police are so brutal. I saw no NO discord.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Good.... I hate to say it because I do feel for the core protest population sitting at the heart of every homeless shelter/half way house we're calling OWS camps these days. However, being tricked, trapped and confined in cells may just save their lives, if not their short term health.

I am rather stunned at how many people are standing today declaring a victory and jumping up and down about how the people 'WON!'. No one won a thing last night except an extension of time to a much larger confrontation down the line. Unless the OWC camp breaks up for whatever reason on it's own, the police WILL be back and they WILL NOT lose the second time. If they had 500 turn away last night, it'll be 1500 next time. If that doesn't work, mutual aid calls will go statewide after that and you'll see 2500 cops the 3rd and absolute LAST time it's needed for a successful eviction.

Oregon won't bring in National Guard. The politicians there are so anti-military, fleet week gives them indigestion. However, the police that come by the dozens can easily multiply like sick rabbits into the hundreds and then into the thousands. Battan down the hatches Portland because they are coming back and hell is coming with 'em this time. Count on it. Cops ABSOLUTELY DO NOT lose. It never has, and it never will. They just make a tactical retreat now and then until they can regroup with force so overwhelming, the outcome is laughably obvious.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

You got that right! So many beggars in that city.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
See, I was in portland last month. Stayed at the heathman hotel. Protesters marched around it. It was amusing, because I'm totally part of the one percent. Anyway, cops were being friendly, assisting people and blocking traffic so nobody got hurt by cars or the rail system. It was peaceful entirely. I don't understand what everybody is saying about how the police are so brutal. I saw no NO discord.

For what it's worth, I watched the first Denver OWS camp raid start to finish, and the Colorado State Police and Denver Metro were nice, considerate and just as accommodating as they could be in riot gear......the first time. Contrast that with last night in Denver where one could reasonably have mistaken it for a Hollywood sound stage trying to recreate some disastrous riot scene from past excesses. Nice cops can turn to brutal and vicious cops in the time it takes to change orders and the tone of the briefing before they're deployed.

St Louis Police were very nice about their raid this weekend too.....this time. The 2nd or 3rd time that city goes in, I fully expect blood on the concrete and hospital beds to have patients. It's all a matter of how far each Department can be pushed before they push back with serious force, IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join