It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live feed for Portland Occupy protests (they are due to be evicted, by police, at midnight tonight).

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Here is the live feed for the Occupy Portland protests. They are supposed to be evicted by the police at midnight tonight (3 a.m. Eastern St Time). The news have been circulating stories that they have been preparing "weapons" and "shields" to fight. I don't know if that is true or just rumors circulated so the police can gain public support or not, but I will be watching tonight to see how it goes down. I think it will definitely be the one to watch tonight.

Here is the stream link: LINK

I would also like to note I have seen a few American flags being waved (Yes, not walked on or burned, but waved.)
I realize there are probably other Occupy Portland threads that I could have posted this in, but I think it might be worth giving a thread of its own so people can find it and watch in case something unusual happens.

I personally don't believe the reports of weapons (maybe shields, but that might not be a bad idea), but here is a link to the news story about weapons: LINK

If there is already a thread for the specific event (the eviction of Portland tonight) mods, feel free to move/delete.
edit on 12-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

They just announced they jail they will be going to is at 80 percent capacity and holds around 1200 people (its live so I can't go back and listen, but I'm pretty sure that was the number it can hold).

link   
Thanks for link.

Any idea how many protesters are there?

link   

Thanks for the stream link. This could be interesting.
Most likely not, however there's nothing better to do honestly, I mean,
I'm sitting here eating neopolitan icecream slathered in hot fudge, staring at my cat groom herself.

But yes, thanks again for the link.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think people should wait before they retaliate.
We need more people to wake up, which won’t take much longer.
But its inevitable eventually, that’s how revolution works.
If they are going to assault us why is it wrong to assault them?
When was it a crime to speak up and question?
Phony laws are no excuse to assault citizens, there is nothing at all that should allow cops to do what they have been doing.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
At least several hundred there and some tents
still up.

A lot of people took tents down so they did not
get destroyed.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OnionChanneler

Lol.
Yeah, I am at work.. better than watching t.v.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Yeah.. there is no excuse to harm one single protester.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Haha the protestors are awesome. The speaking in unison is a good idea to show a mutually shared view and unity amongst the group.

I'll be keeping an eye on this. Thanks OP

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Police said 300, I am going to say a hell of a lot more.
I would say at least a thousand, and with tonight being the eviction, there were supposedly people coming in from other protests. There was a guy there from Occupy Seattle a few minutes ago.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Haven't heard anything on the news about this and I live in the northwest...You would think this would be top news when my people are making weapons and going to be using wooden pallets as shields in the middle of the park in Portland??? Have a crazy feeling people in Portland will be getting sick after tonight..glad i stayed home for this one

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. I'll be checking in on it later.

I honestly don't believe the reports of weapons. Shields, maybe.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
God I just cant stand the repetition of wordage. It is so stupid sounding, fulfilling the egos of those talking. Its just weird.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenFurnNW

They are talking about provocateurs right now saying, and I'm paraphrasing "they may be cops, they may be people with a different political analysis than us, or they may be people who just got too pissed" and that they need to not give in and be "deescalators" and then they did a giant group yell.

"In order to deescalate we have to be fully grounded. Take a deep breath and feel your own wisdom. So that you can make solid choices for yourself."

It's pretty wild to see. I think that the reports of weapons are exaggerated if not downright untrue, but it sounds like they are anticipating some provocateurs. It's honestly getting pretty wild.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Cool, I will watch. Like others. Nothing better to do and it could be entertaining to say the least.

Hope no one gets hurt.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Thanks for the link. I'll be checking in on it later.

I honestly don't believe the reports of weapons. Shields, maybe.

The only reason I could think the media would say they had made weapons would be to have excuse to use force to the nonviolent protesters. But in two in a half hours we will find out..

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenFurnNW

And so the public will back the police.

Some of the speakers have this ominous air about them, yelling, and addressing/discussing provocateurs in a manner that indicates they anticipate it. I hope tonight isn't the night someone gets really hurt or killed. One thing for sure, people will be getting arrested. They have said they are standing their ground and discussed the jails they will be sent to.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
the protesters should take a small team of men and attack the police station.burn it to the ground.release the inmates.
i hope they whoop those cops bad.flip the cop cars and take their armor.just wish i got video .i would love to watch this.if i only lived close enough to be there.to be there watching and participating in an act of freedom.to get the chance to dish out some payback on a cop.i am so envious.you protesters are so lucky.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
They are marching now..
I silenced them ha ha. The chanting might be fun in person, but listening from the live feed, it kinda drives one crazy.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
New mission--Occupy "County jail" in a 50 mile radius of Portland, OR.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join