It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live feed for Portland Occupy protests (they are due to be evicted, by police, at midnight tonight).

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
A little pie in the face is better than blood in the face! Well done Portland!
edit on 13-11-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm reminded of monty python.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

lol so the homless are asking ows protestors for change while ows ask wall street and big banks for change trickle down economics lol.
edit on 13-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarPeace

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

People 1, Portland 0.

Good night.

Unemployed failed Trash - 0

People who work in life - still pissed.

Fixed that for ya.

I love how you assume they are all unemployed. You should have watched while it happened and listened to the business owners, employees, soldiers and more. The crowd was full of nothing but hard working, intelligent people.

But no, you broke it for me.

Whether you like the movement or not,the fact is, the people are still there, long past eviction time....

The people have been simply impressive. I watched the entire thing. The people were all very well spoken, intelligent, and so peaceful. It was honestly awe inspiring.

And while I am sure you know this and are just looking to take a shot at the movement, they are not all unemployed.

Non violent resistance of the people 1.

There, fixed it again.

I am simply proud of these protestors.
edit on 13-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechniXcality
reply to post by gorgi

lol so the homless are asking ows protestors for change while ows ask wall street and big banks for change trickle down economics lol.
edit on 13-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

Grow up, these are our brethren who seek reform of a clearly corrupt and broken system. When we allowed unfair competition to kill the mom and pop operation we sanctioned the end of the American dream. We sacrificed American jobs for outsourced labor, we sacrificed American quality for Cheap Chinese imports etc… We have allowed it to become impossible to tell the difference between elected officials and concentrated capital in this country.

You can take it to the bank that monopolistic systems and unfair completion have cost many more American jobs than they have ever provided. In this Wal-Mart nation any moneys we throw at our broken economy just ends up in Chinese coffers!

I have a friend in China that I visit from time to time. The Chinese earn an equivalent wage they just work an 80-90 hour weeks to do so. The Chinese enjoy high quality products, Chinese laws require all products be covered by warranty even. We Americans enjoy the lowest quality cheapest products on planet Earth because our fellow Americans choose to pawn the products off on us and call it a discount. Profits are high selling crap vs American quality. You seek to allow these cheat thieves even more control! You seek to further this Fascist state we are waking to!

WAKE UP!!!!

I really fail to see how any real American can disagree with this. It is not theory to be dismissed, it is instead fact!

edit on 13-11-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Looks like things are shaping up exactly how TPTB wanted. What a crime they're committing right now. Do the same laws about perjury apply to our government, both the private sector and the state sector apply here?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
For those of you who were not watching during the start of the eviction and through the long hours of the night as the protestors remained peaceful.

I just want to say how simply amazing it was to watch. Both sides, protestors and police have been peaceful and even working together and showing great respect for each other.

This has been a great example of non violent resistance and what any protest ( No matter the cause) should look like.

The cops backed off after they realized the protestors would remain peaceful. If only you could have heard the protestors talking to each other to remain calm and to breathe and stay peaceful as cops would advance on them.

They did it mic check style and was really impressive to hear the crows of 10,000 chanting "Calm, breathe" and other such things.

Many of us who have differing viewpoints such as robomonts and myself, came together and watched, gaining a new respect for each other and in a sort, bonding. It was something unlike anything I have ever experienced on ATS and it was simply incredible.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It is Sunday Nov. 13, 2011 - 11:36am (pst) I just changed my channel to CNN... reporter at Occupy Portland (as she was talking- I typed)...

One police officer injured... one protester arrested, police are searching backpacks and packs... a lot of the tents are gone....a lot of dump trucks...they are going to put fences up. A lot of protestors remain.....the police have not used force as yet.

The protestors are talking about going to another location...the Mayor etc. won't let them do that. They wanted to move to the water front park...but were told no.

edit on 13-11-2011 by caladonea because: c

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
For those of you who were not watching during the start of the eviction and through the long hours of the night as the protestors remained peaceful.

I just want to say how simply amazing it was to watch. Both sides, protestors and police have been peaceful and even working together and showing great respect for each other.

This has been a great example of non violent resistance and what any protest ( No matter the cause) should look like.

The cops backed off after they realized the protestors would remain peaceful. If only you could have heard the protestors taking to each other to remain calm and to breathe and stay peaceful as cops would advance on them.

They did it mic check style and was really impressive to hear the crows of 10,000 chanting "Calm, breathe" and other such things.

Many of us such who have differing viewpoints such as robomonts and myself, came together and watched, gaining a new respect for each other and in a sort, bonding. It was something unlike anything I have ever experienced on ATS and it was simply incredible.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Just an additional bit of perspective here.... I was out looking for tactical alerts or mutual aid assistance calls out of Portland and the county authorities and found this:

OFFICER DOWN 11/13/11 05:36 (PORTLAND - ) 2ND OFFICER STRUCK WITH PROJECTILE FROM OCCUPY PROTESTER- TRANSPORTED BY EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES. [MAS163]

OFFICER DOWN 11/13/11 02:03 (PORTLAND - ) UPDATE: OFFICER BEING TREATED WITH NON-LIFE THREATENING INJURY; SUSPECT IN CUSTODY. [GEO014]

OFFICER DOWN 11/13/11 01:56 (PORTLAND - ) OFFICER STRUCK BY PROJECTILE FROM OCCUPY PROTESTER; REQUEST MEDICAL EMERGENCY; MOUNTED PATROL ASSISTING. [GEO014]

OFFICER DOWN 11/13/11 01:55 (PORTLAND - ) POLICE DEPARTMENT REQUEST EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES FOR OFFICER DOWN @ OCCUPY PORTLAND, POSS HIT WITH PROJECTILE [BCC022]

MAJOR ACCIDENT 11/11/11 17:54 (PORTLAND - OPS 6) UPDATE:FEMALE OFFICER HAS MINOR INJS - WAS PINNED AFTER STRUGGLE WITH SUSP @ TRAFFIC STOP [BCC022] Incidents delayed up to 2 hours. Details here.

www.radioreference.com...

I'd just seen this....and it's a sobering thing. There is NO WAY those cops in full riot gear are in Portland through the day just for show. Not after seeing that list. It doesn't matter how accurate those reports are or how they actually happened. What matters is that is PART of what officers coming on shift today and into the evening are being briefed on for what to expect. They aren't coming as friends, but as authorities to end a public nuisance and menace to public safety. Again....truth isn't relevant in the heat of the moment...just perceptions. This won't end well, I'm thinking.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

whoa, slow your roll Jr. i never said i didnt support some parts of OWS or was trying to be negative or rude. I was just being funny, dont get all bent out of shape and jump to conclusions when im clearly being humorous. thanks

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000 This won't end well, I'm thinking.

Don't fear too much. The protestors as a whole have remained peaceful and the few who got violent were kicked out by the protestors. No violence is welcome.

For example, there was one passer by last night who decided to start picking on one of the protestors and even through a punch at them. The crowd rushed over and separated them and removed the guy for trying to start fights.

As for whether or not the people will leave. They may temporarily. But plans were put in place to come right back should that happen. Where to meet should tear gas be used to disperse the crowd and on how to continue occupying.

These guys are smart and peaceful. and in the end, the most that will happen is they get moved down the road a little bit.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm so touched by watching the video of this that I have tears welling up. It's so nice to see us fighting back and with the utmost dignity.

Do I dare to have hope?

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
riot cops are surrounding the camp right now. People are staying peaceful but it looks like arrest are going to happen....

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I would recomend watching the live stream as well as listening to the Portland P.D. radio feed.
Has been very interesting.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by allclad hero
riot cops are surrounding the camp right now. People are staying peaceful but it looks like arrest are going to happen....

It may happen. I don't know. Last night there were a few times when it looked like that might happen, but each time the cops backed off after a while because the protestors remained peaceful, even when cops got right in their face.

It's been more cops trying to look intimidating hoping the protestors would leave and then backing off when they did not leave. Both sides have been peaceful and respectful for the most part.

Oh and for what it is worth, it could just be a push to get them onto the sidewalk instead of the street. They were doing that last night but were just way to outnumbered to be able to do it realistically.

Let's hope no one gets hurt and things remain peaceful.

Non violent resistance.

Keep it up!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
I'm so touched by watching the video of this that I have tears welling up. It's so nice to see us fighting back and with the utmost dignity.

Do I dare to have hope?

After watching all last night through the entire ordeal and again today.... I will go out on a limb and say.... dare away

This group of protestors is a bit more verbally aggressive than they were last night though. But still remaining peaceful.

Something I find cool. They have plans on where to regroup, should they be dispersed. Like I said, it seems that at most, the group will just be moved down the street a bit.

Whether you like OWS or not, this particular group has been intelligent and peaceful and I have massive respect for them, because of this.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by comawhite12
I would recomend watching the live stream as well as listening to the Portland P.D. radio feed.
Has been very interesting.

Dude, that's fun. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What we are seeing is a smaller version of what happened last night. Cops standing face to face with the protestors but both sides being peaceful.

Last night you would have seen 10,000 people standing face to face with cops in riot gear, swat units, mounted police and more.

Though like I said, today's group of protestors is more verbally aggressive than they were last night.

Oh and the cops did just use a threat of "chemical weapons". This was a threat used many times last night, but the cops never did that.... They are trying to scare the protestors off but as long as they remain peaceful....This group of cops has shown they will not be aggressive.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
For those looking for coverage...here are a couple links:

Channel 8: www.kgw.com...

Channel 2: www.katu.com...

OWS Global LiveStream Index (Portland us Global Channel right now): occupystream.com...

Hope that helps. The Police Spokesman talking to channel 2 is saying the one park is 100% clear and the other is almost entirely clear. I saw a few people on the ground and plasti-cuffed.

Now there is a lady speaking about how shocked OWS is that police moved today. What did they expect? No matter how many warnings and outright cause and effect explanations are given, people still refuse to believe they aren't kidding. (sigh) Well.. Surprise... They weren't at all joking. They had all morning to leave, and most DID leave.....the ones who stayed deserve what they get. They WERE TOLD in a dozen ways what would happen and that is WOULD HAPPEN any time after midnight.
edit on 13-11-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join