It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Jesus's views on Vegetarian Diet?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It is not what goes into ones mouth that defiles a man, but what comes out.

Whether one eats meat or vegetables is irrelevant. What matters is that the food is not held from others.

Will you live healthier eating vegetables? Not if we do not focus on the larger issue of how we treat each other first.

A healthy corpse is still a corpse in the end.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZEROZEE0
reply to post by akushla99

I think that were one to do a bit of delving into the background of the translation, one would find that there are TWO words that can be used. Some translations use the word "Kill", but most eminent biblical scholars would say that the closest Engilish translation from the original Hebrew would actually be "Murder". Since the term "Murder" is universally understood as refering to the killing of a human by another human, I'd opine that the verse is coimpletely irrelevant regarding animals.
Also, on a slightly different vein.... Were one to assume that mankind has a "Creator", rather than just evolving from earlier species, one would also have to face the fact that we were meant to be omnivorous, rather than vegetarian, and here's why: We have both molars AND canine teeth. Canines are specifically designed, (or, for the evolutionists, evolved), to cut and tear meat.

Having canine teeth does not make a man omnivorous. Man is not a 'chewing animal' like cow or horse. A man has more varied diet. Vegetarians need canines as well to tear into fruits etc.

If you are so sold on the 'canine teeth' theory, start eating only raw meat like a lion, and report back to me after one month.

Man is NOT an animal. Any comparison of man with animal biology is illogical.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

It matters what you eat. You cannot be kind to humans if you are cruel to animals.

Look around you and you will realize that meat eating makes people violent.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Ok, I have not touch meat since this thread started. Proud of myself!
To me it was just another "poke" that I have felt for about 2 years now. I can't even watch a program if one animal kills another. I call myself an animal lover and yet I was ok with eating them!
I still have to cook for the family.
Cutting meat was much easier than what I thought.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by madleo

It is important to seek truth.

The great seers have asked to stay away from killing animals for food. There must be a reason for it.

Milk is a better substitute for meat. Milk is obtained from a cow by caring for and feeding it. So cow happily provides milk. God has made cow with excess milk to feed humans.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

Between me and you. I have felt that if I want to be more spiritual and want to connect to the higher realms, that I should stop. Also that I should stop smoking. I know that not all feel that they have to give up things, but I feel I have to.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by madleo

You should stop smoking. Jesus sure did not smoke.

It is important to treat body just like you would treat a place of worship. You are soul. The body is given to you by God. You - a soul - live in a body which is not yours. You have no right to defile that body.

Body can be a means to go to heaven, or a means to go to hell. This is how you treat it.

I can teach you methods to control your craving for tobacco (non-drug, breath control based), but such things are taught only in person.

edit on 23-11-2011 by vedatruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth
It matters what you eat. You cannot be kind to humans if you are cruel to animals.

What is cruel to animals? Is refusing to eat them while they reproduce to the point of consuming all the available food in their area leaving them to die a slow miserable death from starvation more kind than thinning the herd to ensure it is healthy and stable?

The issue isn't the treatment of animals, but rather the consuming of their flesh. You cloud the issue with your emotional bias, making it more nefarious than the intended discussion.

Look around you and you will realize that meat eating makes people violent.

You are right. The last bull roast I attended ended up in total carnage as the blood thirsty attendees turned on each other in a brawl to the finish. I thought it was the beer that made them attack each other, but I suppose it could have been the evils of eating the flesh.

Look around you. Hunger makes people more violent than consuming flesh ever will.

Left stranded at sea on a dingy, if you pass before I do, I will surely make quick and delightful use of your flesh to sustain me. If I pass first, I hope you would have the sense to do the same.

With Love,

Your Brother

edit on 27-11-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

1. A hungry person can be fed vegetarian diet much more cheaply than a meat based one.
2. I fail to understand your point about 'overpopulation of animals' and need to 'cull' them. Can you explain?
3. If I am stranded in a situation where I cannot get vegetarian food, I shall prefer to die rather than eat meat. Because my faith is more important to me than my life. My life is temporary, faith is not.
4. I shall happily kill you but still not eat you - rather than throw you into the ocean, then prefer to die a slow death due to hunger.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

1. A hungry person can be fed vegetarian diet much more cheaply than a meat based one.
2. I fail to understand your point about 'overpopulation of animals' and need to 'cull' them. Can you explain?
3. If I am stranded in a situation where I cannot get vegetarian food, I shall prefer to die rather than eat meat. Because my faith is more important to me than my life. My life is temporary, faith is not.
4. I shall happily kill you but still not eat you - rather than throw you into the ocean, then prefer to die a slow death due to hunger.

You would happily kill me but not eat me?!

I thought vegetables tamed the violent streak?

If your faith demands that you die rather than consume that which would give you life, then by all means keep your faith.

I do not trample upon one's faith.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Killing a violent man is a pious deed. Hunger is not a reason to kill a man or an animal. Since you have intention to kill me for food, I shall happily kill you instead.

There is no use of 'life' obtained from unpious deed like eating meat.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

Killing a violent man is a pious deed. Hunger is not a reason to kill a man or an animal. Since you have intention to kill me for food, I shall happily kill you instead.

There is no use of 'life' obtained from unpious deed like eating meat.

No need to explain it to me my friend. You have already stated that it was your faith. That is good enough for me.

"Killing a violent man is a pious deed"

How do you kill a man and not remain violent?

That kind of flawed logic can only come from faith.

Not my faith mind you, but faith in something.

Now others can see your truth. If it appeals to them, they can have it.

Take care.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

How do you treat a murderor? You give death sentence.

The murderor is a violent man. Killing a murderor is non-violent. Why? Because you remove the reason for violence.

How do you treat a mad dog? You kill it by feeding poison, or shoot it. It is a pious deed as the mad dog will bite humans and spread diseases. The same is done to other diseased animals - you kill them for safety of humans.

The protection of human health is very important in Veda, as human body is considered temple of God.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

How do you treat a murderor? You give death sentence.

That is not how I treat murderers.

The protection of human health is very important in Veda, as human body is considered temple of God.

The protection of human health is important in ALL faiths.

That is why there are dietary prohibitions in most.

Christ did not give dietary prohibitions. His teachings were to look after the spirit of a man, not his flesh.

Sorry, but the discussion was about Jesus.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

How do you treat murderors?

Jesus did not write his preach himself. His followers did. As he had many followers, people wrote varying accounts of what he said. It is perfectly logical to account for several versions of his preach.

We should not discount completely that he said nothing about food.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

He said it's not what you eat that make you unclean but what you say and what you do and even the quality of your heart.

It's not what goes into your mouth that defiles you; you are defiled by the words that come out of your mouth."

edit on 4-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

This verse is not specifically about eating meat or not eating meat.

It is about a tradition or a taboo.

Anyway good example, and anymore are welcome.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

1 Timothy 4:4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,

Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving by them who believe and know the truth.

Mark 7:19 For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.")

Romans 14:20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble.

Acts 11:8
"I replied, 'Surely not, Lord! Nothing impure or unclean has ever entered my mouth.'

Acts 11:9 "The voice spoke from heaven a second time, 'Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.'
edit on 4-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7   >>

join