It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Jesus's views on Vegetarian Diet?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I have found the following quotes of Jesus about vegetarian diet:

It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor anything whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. Romans 14:21

Meats for the belly, and belly for meats; but God shall destroy both it and them. Now the body is not for fornication but for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. Corinthians 6: 13

In the Essene Gospel of John ( direct translation from the Aramaic of the pure original words of Jesus) , we have : But they answered Him: "Whither should we go, Master , ...for with you are the words of eternal life. Tell us, what are the sins we must shun, that we may nevermore see disease?"

Jesus answered: ."Be it so according to your faith," and He sat down among them, saying: .'It was said to them of olden time, 'Honor thy Heavenly Father and thy Earthly Mother, and their commandments, that thy days may be long upon the earth.' And next was given this commandment: 'Thou shalt not kill,' for life is given to all by God, and that which God has given, let not man take away.

For I tell you truly, from one Mother proceeds all that lives upon the earth. Therefore he who kills, kills his brother. And from him will the Earthly Mother turn away, and will pluck from him her quickening breasts. And he will be shunned by her angels, and Satan will have his dwelling in his body. And the flesh of slain beasts in his body will become his own tomb. For I tell you truly, he who kills, kills himself, and whosoever eats the flesh of slain beasts, eats of the body of death. And their death will become his death. For the wages of sin is death. Kill not, neither eat the flesh of your innocent prey, lest you become the slaves of Satan. For that is the path of sufferings, and it leads unto death. But do the Will of God, that his angels may serve you on the way of life. Obey, therefore, the words of God:

"Behold, I have given you every herb, bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth wherein there is breath of life, I give every green herb for meat.' Also the milk of everything that moveth and that liveth upon each shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given unto them, so I give their milk unto you. But flesh, and thc blood which quickens it, shall ye not eat."

And Jesus continued:

"God commanded your fore fathers, 'Thou shalt not kill.' But their heart was hardened and they killed. Then Moses desired that at least they should not kill men, and he suffered them to kill beasts. And then the heart of your forefathers was hardened yet more, and they killed men and beasts likewise. But I say to you:
Kill neither men, nor beasts, nor yet the food which goes into your mouth. For if you eat , living food the same will quicken you, but if you kill your food, the dead food will kill you also. For life comes only from life, and from death comes always death. For every- thing which kills your food, kills your bodies also. And everything which kills your bodies, kills your souls also. And your bodies become what your foods are, even as your spirit, likewise, become what your thoughts are."

Would appreciate views on this.

edit on 8-11-2011 by vedatruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Do you have a point or purpose to this?

edit on 8-11-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I find this interesting. And wanted to see what others think of it.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth

Then why didn't you just ask? this isn't the right way to go about making a topic here on ATS in fact its probably verging on spam. I would of thought with your amount of post's you would know how to start a discussion properly by now... When making a topic make the purpose clear. I was really confused when I first clicked on this.

As for Jesus eating meat or not I don't think it really matters, he did not condemn meat and we are free to eat meat now. I can think of much more important issues to be thinking about.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Ok. Shall change. Your point appreciated.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
It makes sense. I do not believe that everything in the Bible is the word of God.
I do believe that Jesus would have said this. To me, it can't be good to eat the flesh of something that was killed.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention again!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by madleo

Genesis:1:26
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

I think that's just another example of mankind putting his word into and onto god's. Why would god make us the apex carnivore of this planet, and forbid us from killing animals? Shouldn't we have been made to eat plants then? If we're made in his image, and we were intended to eat meat (obviously), then doesn't that mean if he were a human, he would eat meat also? Not making much sense, and imo when religion stops making sense, we've crossed from the word of god and into the word of MAN! Political document intended to control people, was intended to control people.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

The preach of great men can be deep and confusing at times.

One has to make a lot of effort to understand it.

I have been told that only pure at heart get it. The purity is achieved by non-violence and truthfulness and humility.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Dominion does not mean 'eating flesh' to me.

A king has dominion over his subjects (people) does not mean he has to eat flesh of the people.

When you ride a horse, you command it.
Animals can be used for various tasks without killing for food.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

Sounds like something a man that seeks control might say. I'm sure Osama Bin Laden told his underlings something like that as well. Doesn't make it true.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by vedatruth

Then why didn't you just ask? this isn't the right way to go about making a topic here on ATS in fact its probably verging on spam. I would of thought with your amount of post's you would know how to start a discussion properly by now... When making a topic make the purpose clear. I was really confused when I first clicked on this.

As for Jesus eating meat or not I don't think it really matters, he did not condemn meat and we are free to eat meat now. I can think of much more important issues to be thinking about.

Whats with the negative attitude? "I can think of much more important issues to be thinking about' well if you have so many more important things to be doing, then what were you doing even being curious about what this thread might be about? You had your curiousity just like this person had the curiousity on this subject. This is a place for any and all ideas to be brought forth for questioning, and we shouldnt push people away from that because it wasnt up to your standards on being important enough. I think its a great topic because ive never heard anything regarding it and its cool to maybe get some insight. Show more respect, we need people to want to question things without the risk of being scolded right off the bat by someone who thinks an elitest attitude is what we need.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

reply to post by madleo

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."

Doesn't say anything here about 'eating' animals, my friend!

Akushla

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

reply to post by madleo

...and the commandment is...
Thou shalt not kill.

Doesn't say...thou shalt kill, only humans.

Ever wondered why faiths of the world still cling to food & eating stipulations?

Akushla

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I love eating animals, especially when they are cooked less than a day after it's death. I want to eat a cat and a dog one day.

Having said that, to stay on topic: Many people in the modern world try to change the certain things about the bible to make themselves feel better. One of those things is making God somehow "declare" that animals are "equals" to humans and that we should not eat them. # like that.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Let me guess you are holier than thou??

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Some extra info for all those stern Christians , If you really want to follow Jesus stop eating meat if you want to be like him get it? Gospel

Here is a full link of what the Gospel of peace says.

If you all choose to follow the Bible in its fullness , then you should follow this too.The Gosple of truth

Oh and if you don't you are a bad Christian ..because I said so!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by madleo

We are omnivores as pointed out by Evolutionsend and thus are designed to eat meat. We are not designed in so many ways to just eat vegetable matter, but in all things there should be a balance.

You kill vegetables don't you? What is the difference?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by madleo

We are omnivores as pointed out by Evolutionsend and thus are designed to eat meat. We are not designed in so many ways to just eat vegetable matter, but in all things there should be a balance.

You kill vegetables don't you? What is the difference?

Do vegetables have a heartbeat?

Akushla

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Sorry what does that have to do with it? They are alive.

Just because their nutrient transport system is different does that mean they are ripe for slaughter and animals are not?

One should have respect for all things that one eats.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join