It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Jesus's views on Vegetarian Diet?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Wandering cows is due to ignorance of people and apathy of government. Cows do not belong on the streets.

Mis-management of India is due to ruler eating meat and not following 'dharm'.

Vedic religion does not sanction chaos. Chaos is due to bad rulers.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetstuff
You know what is humorous, is people who randomly pick scriptures to suit their needs, have any of you actually even read the bible thoroughly? Because let me tell you, not only does it not 'tell you to be a vegetarian' God was highly offended by Cain's burnt offering of the best of his harvest but pleased with Abel's because he loved the aroma of burning flesh and blood.

I could copy and paste numerous scriptures that support meat eating and fyi that scripture regarding not killling was about another jew, not even about another human being.........god was all up for slaughtering everyone who wasn't his own people, try reading Lev. And Deut. through and through sometime, matter of fact, read the whole thing and then come back to me when you actually have a clue what you are talking about.

P.S. I'd rather be an evil meat eater than an uptight pompous veggie preacher any day. Dated a Vegetarian once, he came with his own soapbox.

Can you help to compile quotes from Jesus that condone and oppose meat eating. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntzeret
??? are you a temple or a tomb? so,, we can take this vegan logic as if you eat dead things you're a tomb of the things you ate,, or if you eat living things you have life in you and not death..... plants are still kinda alive while your eating them as opposed to aminals which have been dead a while before they got to your plate... lol food for thought... hard to say if jesus was a vegan because he must have eaten lamb at passover... and all the sacrifices of the day were bulls or oxen ... I doubt he would say eating meat is bad for you. It seams originally when adam and eve were around before they got booted from eden they were vegitarians.. and so were all the other animals..... Farmin and raising livestock was part of the curse. although there is a definite avoidance in the old testament to eating people, the blood of an animal, and there are the kosher rules of what not to eat concerning what were considered clean animals... hey ???? how did Noah know what animals were clean and unclean when they entered the ark by 2 of unclean and 7 of the clean... way before the book of Leviticus was penned my Moses?????

It is not about vegan logic, but about God's laws for man. Jesus was telling God's laws, or thats what we think. We are discussing here what Jesus said.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
deers teeth naturally decay and fall out after 7 years then they die a slow agonizing death of starvation. its actually better to give them a quick death and consume them if you want less suffering in this world.

The job of giving pain and pleasure to souls is God's. It is not man's job.

The suffering of deer is ordained by God. You make it worse by shooting at it. You are not God. The suffering that you gave the deer adds to your karma.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by Foxy1
deers teeth naturally decay and fall out after 7 years then they die a slow agonizing death of starvation. its actually better to give them a quick death and consume them if you want less suffering in this world.

And imagine the deer population if we did away with hunting them for food. This video I am about to show is the true effects of vegetarianism within the same country Hinduism started.
www.youtube.com...

While cows (which we eat for food) wanders throughout India, a man in this video was talking about another man eating his own waste. You can say they should be respected for their religious views, but their religious views also allow children to starve to death. That is not right to do, because children do not understand.

This man is a Brahmin, which means he is high on the totem pole and is making us aware that the old philosophy is not working because untouchables are dying under the philosophy. So embrace vegetarianism while you can afford it, but to deny others nourishment that comes from the necessary protein and amino acids found in meat, is cruel.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Isn't it kind of funny how they feed the cows and let the people starve? I am sure vegetarians would agree that if someone is starving while food is walking around is needless.

First we are discussing here what Jesus said, and any discussion about India is beyond the topic.

You do not understand India. There is chaos in India due to decline of Vedic religion, and people making up their own sects. People are doing whatever they think is appropriate.

You cannot call somebody Brahmin, just because that person tells so. Self appointed designations have no meaning in Vedic religion. A Brahmin is a learned person, who has spent minimum 17 years in Gurukul and has learnt Vedas. The person in your video is not a Brahmin but a fool.

** Not killing a cow does not mean to let it wander on the streets. Cows belong in the cow-sheds. People have become greedy and let old cows on the streets. This is wrong. Old cows should stay in the cow-shed until death.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
If in fact the OP wants to know if the Jesus of the bible ate meat and said it was ok to eat meat that is really really easy. Yes he did. The story states he fed the 5000 fish and bread, inluding his disciples. He was also a Rabbi and was said to have followed the law completely, this includes ALL the jewish feasts, including passove,r which is centered around SLAUGHTERING A LAMB and CONSUMING IT, it states Jesus participated in this feast.

It sounds like you really just wanted to start a debate on whether or not to eat meat. Next time just state your opinion back it up and leave the religious stuff out of it. Your ignorance of the bible just discredits your opinion.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
... just a few question for all "Veggie Lovers"

how will "The People" in north countries around the globe survive for thousands of years without hunting??? they will not, they will die and U all "Veggie Lovers" to, if U born there with Your nonsense philosophy!!! just think about it for a minute. can U? or U have already broccoli in Your head instead of brain?
"The People" are omnivore, that makes them able to survive any environment... are U "Veggie Lovers" still "The People"? or some new race?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZakOlongapo
... just a few question for all "Veggie Lovers"

how will "The People" in north countries around the globe survive for thousands of years without hunting??? they will not, they will die and U all "Veggie Lovers" to, if U born there with Your nonsense philosophy!!! just think about it for a minute. can U? or U have already broccoli in Your head instead of brain?
"The People" are omnivore, that makes them able to survive any environment... are U "Veggie Lovers" still "The People"? or some new race?

Indeed, you have the possibility to eat whatever you want. But also you have the "possibility" to kill another people and you aren´t doing it. Possibilities are endless but at the end its your choice. You CAN live without eating flesh and that is a FACT.
edit on 8-11-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

giving pain and pleasure is is gods job? so when I read a book that brings me pleasure it is shameful because a man wrote it?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

yes U can. but in places with snow for 6 or more months in year 100 years a go and back it will be suicidal choice.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

When the indians hunted buffalo or deer they used every portion of the animal. They also kneel down and say a prayer as ritual custom thanking and apologising at the same time. without the skins and food provided they would not have been able to make teepees and feed their children since they were a nomadic culture. I think it is worse karma to undermine their way of living than the actual killing of the animal itself.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

the rough weeks of starvation the animal would be going through would be more suffering than a split second flash of a bullet going through its heart. it would be a walking sack of bones and skin waiting to die to release its pain. you say this is ordained by god. I think god is sort of the alpha and omega, he knew before he created deer that men would hunt them. And knowing this he probally made it where their teeth would fall out causing them imeasureable pain of starvation, making it where men felt it was their duty to use them as they see fit. he made us masters of animals of the air sea and land. ive never hunted in my life but I would feel less guilty about killing a deer than I would ordering a hamburger at a fast food joint. If you want to talk about karma do you even think about the animal when you bite into that burger? or do you only see a burger and as a burger and not the tree because of the forrest?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZakOlongapo
reply to post by greenCo

yes U can. but in places with snow for 6 or more months in year 100 years a go and back it will be suicidal choice.

Sir.. you are right. But i wonder what kind of food eat the animals that we can hunt there. For the record I eat flesh in a daily basis, but i found truth in the reading of the OP.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Where in the Bible does it say that you may only kill things without a heartbeat?

Heart beat or not, you are killing LIVE plants to consume the dead edible parts.

I think the Bible was written to confuse people and start arguments/conflicts, thats all its really ever done...

Great Sci-Fi material though if you can get past the numerous discrepancies.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
ACTS 10: 10-32

10And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,

11And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

12Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

13And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

14But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

15And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

16This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

Just some verses for reflection. I think you should pray on it and then follow your heart. This is in the new testament and is pertaining to the acceptance and behavoir towards the gentiles I believe.

Hope I dont steer anyone wrong , I think it is good to read, pray , and think on these things. Maybe we should think about how we come about meat more than just if we eat it.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this OP. Former U.S. President Clinton started using the Ornish Diet after his heart surgery. That diet has been scientifically proven to REVERSE heart disease AND the effects of heart disease and is a plant based diet. Totally vegetarian.

I'm not religious but I do think the books in the bible have valuable information if you look for it.

edit on 11/8/11 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
you can have my Bacon when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!!!

silly premise, Jesus was a Hebrew, and lived under the Mosaic covenant. Jesus ate what all other Hebrews ate, and yes that includes meat.

Dont you have to kill a living being to eat...anything??? evil plant murderers are no less guilty than us baconvores.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky

Vedatruth, you really are putting your neck out at great risk, I flag and star you for your bravery.
Also, a very good find, content wise.

Vegetarianism is the only humane diet on this planet. Have been brought up in a veggie house and am astonished at the way people can eat a piece of body, that belonged to a living walking breathing creature that had a face with eyes.

It is a harsh world we live in. Most people's perceptions have been totally vailed from what they are doing when eating flesh.

They shall not kill!

I am equally astonished at how you can eat food that is ripped from the organism that it is a part of. I don't see the difference. Your fruits and vegetables WILL spoil and decay after they are harvested due to the fact that they no longer receive nutritious life from the plant they were taken from. I love how vegee freaks justify this in their mind.

The fact of the matter is that there is nothing wrong whatsoever with seeking nourishment, whether it be from plant or animal. Animals have served us very well and we would not be where we are civilization-wise if we had not used everything they have to offer. Good luck trying to live anywhere besides the tropics and equator without a FUR coat or blanket. Also, that previous little example does not even begin to scratch the surface of how the use of animals allowed us to advance the way we have. Funny how the people who advocate the abandonment of animal products overlook or do not consider this fact.

I believe that the bible verse that references dominion over animals means that we can use them however we want to make ourselves thrive. In closing, I enjoy very much a well-cooked, juicy piece of flesh with my dinner. It is OH SO TASTY!!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
atheism.about.com...

30 And the apostles gathered themselves together unto Jesus, and told him all things, both what they had done, and what they had taught. 31 And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat. 32 And they departed into a desert place by ship privately. 33 And the people saw them departing, and many knew him, and ran afoot thither out of all cities, and outwent them, and came together unto him. 34 And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things. 35 And when the day was now far spent, his disciples came unto him, and said, This is a desert place, and now the time is far passed: 36 Send them away, that they may go into the country round about, and into the villages, and buy themselves bread: for they have nothing to eat. 37 He answered and said unto them, Give ye them to eat. And they say unto him, Shall we go and buy two hundred pennyworth of bread, and give them to eat? 38 He saith unto them, How many loaves have ye? go and see. And when they knew, they say, Five, and two fishes. 39 And he commanded them to make all sit down by companies upon the green grass. 40 And they sat down in ranks, by hundreds, and by fifties. 41 And when he had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and brake the loaves, and gave them to his disciples to set before them; and the two fishes divided he among them all. 42 And they did all eat, and were filled. 43 And they took up twelve baskets full of the fragments, and of the fishes. 44 And they that did eat of the loaves were about five thousand men.

You have quoted a very good incident.

Did Jesus ate himself what he distributed? The parable does not say that.

He was preaching to a society that ate bread and meat. If he said right away - do not eat meat - the people would have run away, and not listened to him. It takes time for a person to understand a preacher's words. The first objective is to make them listen.

People ate meat in Jesus's time but a little only. Meat was not a staple. Grains, fruits etc. were staple diet.

So it was not important for Jesus to talk too much about this fact.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

Indeed, you have the possibility to eat whatever you want. But also you have the "possibility" to kill another people and you aren´t doing it. Possibilities are endless but at the end its your choice. You CAN live without eating flesh and that is a FACT.

Perhaps. However, good luck surviving in a cold climate in the past with only a loincloth and a fire. You will freeze quickly without the animal fur coat providing warmth. Animals have more uses than merely food.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join