It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Jesus's views on Vegetarian Diet?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You know what is humorous, is people who randomly pick scriptures to suit their needs, have any of you actually even read the bible thoroughly? Because let me tell you, not only does it not 'tell you to be a vegetarian' God was highly offended by Cain's burnt offering of the best of his harvest but pleased with Abel's because he loved the aroma of burning flesh and blood.

I could copy and paste numerous scriptures that support meat eating and fyi that scripture regarding not killling was about another jew, not even about another human being.........god was all up for slaughtering everyone who wasn't his own people, try reading Lev. And Deut. through and through sometime, matter of fact, read the whole thing and then come back to me when you actually have a clue what you are talking about.

P.S. I'd rather be an evil meat eater than an uptight pompous veggie preacher any day. Dated a Vegetarian once, he came with his own soapbox.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
For each of us there is an opinion. It is a personal choice Op and only you can decide what you think is right for you.

I for one do not like to eat red meat. The reason is simple. When I began to cook my own food...ya know....when I got "big", I decided that all that blood running out into the pan and drying up was absolutely disgusting and the thought of the poor animals just hurt my heart. My ex husband knew this and would eat the meat raw and smile with his mouth wide open. I didn't think it was funny.
My boys love red meat so I still make it for them. I prefer chicken and turkey..but growing up in the Country was also an eye opener for me. I watched Turkeys, Chickens, and Hogs get slaughtered or heads cut off and we ate them.

The Bible speaks of hoofed animals and not eating them. We are to govern over all animals and I look at that as just taking care of them. Jesus clearly taught against killing anything. People hunt deer and eat the meat and don't think twice. For me, the thought of Bambi, the daddy, the mama....ya know.....it just hurts my heart for the animals. They are trying to survive just as we are.

I think it is a personal choice and to each his own. I nor anyone else can't tell you what you should eat.

I put stuff into my body all the time that doesn't belong...so eating pork may not be the deal kill for me.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by dalan.

An apprentice of Satan?

So Jesus is a fairy tale but Satan is real

Or is that just there to piss people off? I don't get it..

Where, in any of my posts, have I ever claimed that Satan is real?

Herp derp. Its a song.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
??? are you a temple or a tomb? so,, we can take this vegan logic as if you eat dead things you're a tomb of the things you ate,, or if you eat living things you have life in you and not death..... plants are still kinda alive while your eating them as opposed to aminals which have been dead a while before they got to your plate... lol food for thought... hard to say if jesus was a vegan because he must have eaten lamb at passover... and all the sacrifices of the day were bulls or oxen ... I doubt he would say eating meat is bad for you. It seams originally when adam and eve were around before they got booted from eden they were vegitarians.. and so were all the other animals..... Farmin and raising livestock was part of the curse. although there is a definite avoidance in the old testament to eating people, the blood of an animal, and there are the kosher rules of what not to eat concerning what were considered clean animals... hey ???? how did Noah know what animals were clean and unclean when they entered the ark by 2 of unclean and 7 of the clean... way before the book of Leviticus was penned my Moses?????

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

... lol it is because the aninuki are reptilian and not vegetarians I'm sadly afraid.. =(

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Did anyone bother to look up that Essene deal?

I did. WARNING: WIKI IS COMING!

en.wikipedia.org...

He "found" these books in the Vatican, but never produced them. He "translated" them and came up with the whole vegetarian thing.

Very fishy. Loaves and fishy.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

Bread and wine are the way to go =D

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm a vegetablarian.
I eat vegetarians.
If that helps...?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
deers teeth naturally decay and fall out after 7 years then they die a slow agonizing death of starvation. its actually better to give them a quick death and consume them if you want less suffering in this world.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
deers teeth naturally decay and fall out after 7 years then they die a slow agonizing death of starvation. its actually better to give them a quick death and consume them if you want less suffering in this world.

Damn. I thought that was vegans.
Guess I'll have to change that recipe then....

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

And imagine the deer population if we did away with hunting them for food. This video I am about to show is the true effects of vegetarianism within the same country Hinduism started.
www.youtube.com...

While cows (which we eat for food) wanders throughout India, a man in this video was talking about another man eating his own waste. You can say they should be respected for their religious views, but their religious views also allow children to starve to death. That is not right to do, because children do not understand.

This man is a Brahmin, which means he is high on the totem pole and is making us aware that the old philosophy is not working because untouchables are dying under the philosophy. So embrace vegetarianism while you can afford it, but to deny others nourishment that comes from the necessary protein and amino acids found in meat, is cruel.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Isn't it kind of funny how they feed the cows and let the people starve? I am sure vegetarians would agree that if someone is starving while food is walking around is needless.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Eat a big, lean streak. Now eat a plate of fruit and vegetables.

Which one energizes you, and makes you feel better? The latter. Now why is that . . .

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mattime

You mean the former.
Meat energizes you; vegetation is just for decoration so that the restaurant can hide just how small a portion of flesh they're serving

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

after watching your video I would think any god we worship would be inclined us to rather eat to keep death from stopping our lifes short. regardless of what any words in any book regulate what kind of foods we eat.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

reply to post by WarminIndy

after watching your video I would think any god we worship would be inclined us to rather eat to keep death from stopping our lifes short. regardless of what any words in any book regulate what kind of foods we eat.

Yes, and it is also about keeping the most innocent and the weakest from starving. Children should not have to make the religious choice about what they should or should not eat. A grown person should make that choice for themselves what they choose to eat, but to deny someone else is just simply wrong, especially if the food is available.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Our bodies need protein. Meat is a better protein than the substitutes. I say this as a former vegetarian. I did not eat meat for over 20 years. I did eat cheese and eggs. I feel better now than I did then. You need good protein.
edit on 8-11-2011 by AlomaRa because: typo

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
reply to post by mattime

You mean the former.
Meat energizes you; vegetation is just for decoration so that the restaurant can hide just how small a portion of flesh they're serving

lol You are extremely funny. Man that made me laugh

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky

Vegetarianism is the only humane diet on this planet. Have been brought up in a veggie house and am astonished at the way people can eat a piece of body, that belonged to a living walking breathing creature that had a face with eyes.
They shall not kill!

Some of those living walking breathing creatures with faces would have no problem eating you for dinner.

If an animal attacks you, you can kill that animal. Killing in self-defence is not a problem.

If a poisonous animal enters your house, you kill it.

But this is absolutely different from killing for food. What we are discussing here is what Jesus said about killing animals for food.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I don´t know why but this subject makes perfect sense to me. You should not kill... period. Thanks for sharing

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AlomaRa

Your problem was that you were eating eggs. Eggs are worse than meat.

If you want to be vegetarian, you will have to skip eggs also.

Most vegetarian-converts are not properly guided. I can create a food regimen for you which will make you feel much better with vegetarian food, compared to meat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join