It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are Jesus's views on Vegetarian Diet?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by madleo

We are omnivores as pointed out by Evolutionsend and thus are designed to eat meat. We are not designed in so many ways to just eat vegetable matter, but in all things there should be a balance.

You kill vegetables don't you? What is the difference?

If we were 'designed' to eat meat, our intestines would be shorter...but they're not...
Flesh/meat putrefies within the intestines because it has to travel through a 'vegetarian' intestine.

Colon cancer, lower bowel cancer...etc etc etc...

Akushla

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

That just mean, that we were made the gaurdians of nature. It did not say, kill nature, use and abuse, because man is the superiour being?
Then you get some people who kill animals for the fun and excitement it gives them. That I just think is sick.
I've been eating meat for 42 years, but I'm seriously going to try not to!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

reply to post by akushla99

Sorry what does that have to do with it? They are alive.

Just because their nutrient transport system is different does that mean they are ripe for slaughter and animals are not?

One should have respect for all things that one eats.

Has everything to 'do with it'!

Everything is alive!

I agree, one should have respect for everything one eats. Unfortunately, in this day and age, many are unaware of the journey thier dyed slab of flesh has taken to reach them.

akushla

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Complete rubbish. Obviously you have not studied animals very much, Pro-rata our intestine is designed for omnivore eating styles. It is nothing like a ruminant stomach and digestive system. The problems arise when we eat too much meat and when we eat an excess of highly refined foods - sugars etc.

The incidence of bowel cancer in Africa is very low. Not because they don't eat meat but because they eat it in moderation and compliment their diet with a high fibre input.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I agree, one should have respect for everything one eats. Unfortunately, in this day and age, many are unaware of the journey thier dyed slab of flesh has taken to reach them.

I agree with you on that completely.

I say you should not eat meat if you are not prepared to kill the animal, skin and gut it. Only that way to you truly appreciate what you are doing. That does not mean you have to do it all the time, just that you should be aware.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Pesonally I feel it's wrong, not because Jesus said so. I just think we will be much healthier if we did not eat any killed animal.
The Bible says that pork is dirty/unhealthy. Not because of the demons that went into the pigs, as taught in church. Cut pork from your diet and you might be surprised. The meat does have side effects. My husband gets gout, my sister gets migrains.
It's a matter of health and spirituality (not to be mistaken for Christianity).

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Complete rubbish. Obviously you have not studied animals very much, Pro-rata our intestine is designed for omnivore eating styles. It is nothing like a ruminant stomach and digestive system. The problems arise when we eat too much meat and when we eat an excess of highly refined foods - sugars etc.

The incidence of bowel cancer in Africa is very low. Not because they don't eat meat but because they eat it in moderation and compliment their diet with a high fibre input.

Obviously, i know nothing compared to your herculian knowledge base...
I agree to completely disagree...

Yes, moderation in all things, especially the need to make rash judgements.

Akushla

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by madleo

The reason pork had a reputation of being unclean has nothing to do with religion. It is purely practical in that pork meat that is not thoroughly cooked can transmit the eggs of a liver fluke.

Pigs

In a similar fashion the heavy use of spices in hot countries such as India stemmed from the fact that these masked that the chicken for example had 'gone off'.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Here we are mate!

Also for every point they make against us not being suited to eat meat I would like the same counter answer proving them wrong and then I will believe our optimal diet is meat . Did you get that? Counter answers for the ones they give savvy? Humans are natural plant eaters

Oh and this China study

Also read more about the China study and educate yourself. Now I'm not saying that we can't eat meat and etc.. The point of the matter is this that for an optimal diet it is VEG all the way. It would be easy to say we have eaten meat for years , but then ... We have been smoking too for as long and that is by no means healthy.

Oh and this just for fun in case you get angry Vegan VId

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I agree with you on that completely.

I say you should not eat meat if you are not prepared to kill the animal, skin and gut it. Only that way to you truly appreciate what you are doing. That does not mean you have to do it all the time, just that you should be aware.

...and i agree completely with this!

If you don't have the kahunas to kill it yourself, you don't deserve to eat it and incur the increased cancer risk.

Akushla

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Not a matter of Herculean knowledge, just an interest in Biology.

Here you go so you cannot disagree that we are not designed as purely vegetable eaters: Ruminant

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tigermountain

I will believe our optimal diet is meat

It is not, and I never said that. Read again.

We are omnivores not carnivores. Big difference.
edit on 8/11/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Just aquick verse that is applicable IMO

And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth [upon] the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.

3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Conflicting answers mate, always will be I have been a vegan for 6 years and I'm a champion fighter here in Barcelona I don't need meat and to show you if you ever want to check it out feel free to come past my school for a lesson in "Nutrition"

Peace.
Muay Thai Emilio

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Not a matter of Herculean knowledge, just an interest in Biology.

Here you go so you cannot disagree that we are not designed as purely vegetable eaters: Ruminant

That's actually quite funny!
Uncle Wiki says nothing there about eating meat...

I disagree!

Akushla

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
You qouted from Romans, and Corinthians which were Paul's letters. Then you quote form a strange translation that is not even considered authorized.

Jesus' words right after the flood:

Genesis 9:3,4
Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

I don't know how more clear He could have been?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
You qouted from Romans, and Corinthians which were Paul's letters. Then you quote form a strange translation that is not even considered authorized.

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

...and the obvious conclusion is that vegetables are not 'flesh'.

...hence...thou shalt not kill!

Akushla

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

I understand that there are many versions of Bible. Is it possible to compare side by side what these versions say about vegetarian food / eating meat.

I shall appreciate any online resource that you can point.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by vedatruth

This is a sticky issue, but one I enjoy. The bible is clear that Jesus likely ate meat and did not actively discourage others from doing so, but with Christ's teachings on morality, mercy, and the like, I could definitely see him advocating a cruelty-free or vegetarian diet today (if he WERE to speak out on eating habits), given the ridiculous amounts of cruelty and suffering involved in modern factory farming and various other methods we use.

It's been years since I've fallen off the wagon, but I'd like to get back on it at some point - I suggest looking into Christian Vegetarianism and the Christian Vegetarian Association for some additional good background, information, and arguments on this.

Man...I kind of wish you hadn't said anything. Feeling a little 'convicted' now for not sticking with it (always good to have some sort of support system and someone to walk that walk with you...I didn't have, so didn't last beyond 6 months).

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join