It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why people aren't picking Ron Paul (your opinions?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Latest survey shows that he is winning in almost every major debate whether its from the FED debate or the finincial crisis...he is always giving a a solution instead of more troubles and further puppet talk.. and the reason why i believe people vote for Rick Perry is because they don't believe Ron Paul...but hey its better to listen to "Mr. tax alots" Rick Perry now isnt it?.

If Ron wins this will back fire on the globalist leaders so badly that they will attempt to assassinate him or claim that he died of old age and get a new phony president into power so we can then later on blame him for our troubles just like Bush and Obama.

I find it funny how people disagree that we should audit the FED and instead of letting them do insane things

edit on 10/8/2011 by ApplesOnFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Because they're all the same. Same speech, same poise, same B.S.
There is no change. I don't believe any of them.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
People are not voting for Ron Paul because it is not primary election day in any state yet. He is leading in some straw polls.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

Ron Paul says we should restore the constitution, no other politician ever said that.

he also said we should cut spending

link   
He is seen as crazy by many Republicans. I think that their primary disagreement with him is because he is sensible about foreign policy, and this country has been subjected to 50+ years of pro-military propaganda, to the point that the average person believes more in the usefulness of force than diplomacy.

Plus he is not a religious fanatic, and a significant number of Republicans are.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Grumble because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by micmerci

what i mean by that is no "Average joe" will vote for him

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ApplesOnFire

I am going to quote you for the next 4 years if he wins...
He said this or that, Obama said this and that. I remember his campaign going like this: I will bring change, I will bring the troops home... Now 4 years later the troops are returning home for a short while so they can prep to go to Iran.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
He is seen as crazy by many Republicans. I think that their primary disagreement with him is because he is sensible about foreign policy, and this country has been subjected to 50+ years of pro-military propaganda, to the point that the average person believes more in the usefulness of force than diplomacy.

Plus he is not a religious fanatic, and a significant number of Republicans are.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Grumble because: (no reason given)

I agree. Non researchers will fall for fake Global Warming expert Al Gore

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Lol, thats because we all knew that he is a puppet for the NWO and by "we" i mean me and the truthers

Ron Paul has been saying the same thing for over a decade

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

They're all puppet masters, we are the puppets!

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

They're all puppet masters, we are the puppets!

Okay tell you what? if we are wrong about Ron Paul and you are right...i will punch my self 10 times and give you $100

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I think he would have a better chance if he ran independent. I think the country may be ready for that by now. Maybe he could catch a bigger portion of Dem voters that way. There is a large school of thought here in the US that they vote Dem "no matter what" regardless of what the GOP has to offer. Maybe Paul could get some of those votes if he disassociates himself with this crazy field of GOP candidates we have now.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This is why people aren't voting for him:

In other words: ignorance.

Posts like this are an excellent example of how uninformed people are of Ron Paul's history as a Statesman. The guy has NEVER flip-flopped on a single issue, and yet I see people spouting this kind of crap all the time. There is a BIG difference between Ron Paul and all (save a few) other politicians. There are a few people that actually care about this country, and that's why they are in politics: because they don't believe that you will accomplish anything by just sitting around bitching about your problems, you have to actually do something about it. Dr. Paul has shown this throughout his extended time in office.

Just because someone is an Arab doesn't mean that they want to fly planes into buildings, and just because someone is a politician, doesn't mean that they want to sponsor Arabs to do so in order to gain more power.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think the media has a lot of influence in the way people vote. They limit his coverage on the issues and chuckle or pretend that his ideas are unreasonable or ridiculous. Americans who don't follow current state of affairs, (and in my opinion that's a pretty big percentage of Americans) will be guided by how the media dresses the candidate.

Unfortunately, our media is bias and is controlled by our current political system behind the scenes. They put pressure on the media to steer coverage away from candidates that will cause the current system to lose control. The last thing they want is Ron Paul in the white house.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I am going to quote you for the next 4 years if he wins...
He said this or that, Obama said this and that. I remember his campaign going like this: I will bring change, I will bring the troops home... Now 4 years later the troops are returning home for a short while so they can prep to go to Iran.

Ah man not this again.. If you can't see for yourself the differences between Ron Paul and pre-president Obama, I don't know if anybody can help you out. But at the risk of wasting both my time and yours.. lets see here..

Did the media ignore Obama?
Did Obama have a 30-year track record to back his promises?
Did Obama ever mention the Federal Reserve as an issue at all, let alone probably the most crucial issue to be dealt with?

plenty more, but my fingers are cold and I'm afraid this will again fall upon deaf ears

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

I think he would have a better chance if he ran independent. I think the country may be ready for that by now. Maybe he could catch a bigger portion of Dem voters that way. There is a large school of thought here in the US that they vote Dem "no matter what" regardless of what the GOP has to offer. Maybe Paul could get some of those votes if he disassociates himself with this crazy field of GOP candidates we have now.

Definitely.. I think it's at least worth a shot for those very reasons. It blows my mind.. I have a few friends who LOVE Ron Paul, like really, genuinely. They are informed and strongly believe in him. I say "awesome, make sure to register republican for the primaries so you can vote for him".. they say "ehhh... there's no way I'm gonna do that"

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I don't know about that, him being the same as the rest, he certainly looked at as a "cranky old man" by a lot of politicians. Not many like him, and dismiss him pretty fast. If he was able to get half the things he wanted through, he would definitely stand out. But if he does prove to be the same as the rest, then it truly doesn't matter who gets in office. I don't think it's possible to say that about anyone else.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Why are people not voting for Ron Paul? Dr. Paul has absolutely 0...ZERO..chance of being elected. That is why.

I'd love to see him get to the national general election. IF he got that far, he'd have my vote without hesitation. Unfortunately, there is a truth the size of an elephant standing in the middle of the election. That is the fact that Republicans and Democrats...Liberals and Conservatives alike...will do ANYTHING it takes at ANY level to insure Ron Paul never reaches the general election as a viable candidate. The Media will double down by helping to bury a good man by whatever means are necessary, and we've been watching that happen every debate regardless of who is moderating it.

Ron Paul may be what our nation needs...and I respect him for hanging in there to be heard and get as far as the system will allow this time, but even he knows it's a 0 chance for the big prize at the end. The system is just set up to where no one really has a chance if both parties and the media are all aligned against at the same time.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Personaly I think that people are fed up listening to candidates saying "they will do this & do that". Its all just total BS . Look at every other president or prime minister that has been elected, they have all gone back on their word one way or another. Isnt it about time that we stop putting power into the hands of people that claim that they have our & the nations best interest at heart ( tottal BS yet again ) and start to take control of our own lives again ? I for one am sick of being told of what I can & cant do, isnt this a free country (UK), muslims can wear religious attire (in school) but my child cant express his by wearing a cross.
. I dont have any answers on how to tackle this problem but I'm sure that as a humane race that we have the power and the ability to take our own actions into our own hands 7 not let these puppets lead us futher down the rabbit hole. Sorry for ranting on a bit but I feel a wee bit better for doing it now

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

yeah that is so true... also i saw the video of idiots saying this "yeah carbon dioxide is bad for the environment but its good for plants"

so what plants are not part of nature? or maybe the microbes which live in the ocean absorb a lot of Co2 gases is also not part of nature but part of a science fiction movie.

i can see why America is losing its intelligence.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join