It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Memory of the late Col. Muammar Gaddafi - What History Books will NEVER tell your kids about

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pillock

I agree with you 100% Gadaffi was an egotistical maniac who oppressed his people.and filled them with fear!

Any proof for those claims?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
Interesting thread. I would be interested to see how many civilians Gaddafi killed verses the deaths caused by the Western Military industrial complex in the same time period that Gaddafi was in power. It seems it's just so hard to see through the brainwashing these days. The west is best, we're always in the right.

edit on 21-10-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo

edit on 21-10-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: darn keyboard grr

Nail on the head!!!

This is what every person saying " Gaddafi got what was coming to him" fail to realize.

The Western Govts such as USA, Britain have mounted a humongous death toll on innocent civilians in all there wars which makes Gaddafis " atrocity's" seem like childs play.

So when are we all going to march to the White House and Lynch Obama, Then onto Texas to drag Bush through the street and beat him to death without a trial, then its onto Clintons pad where we will burn him and his wife Hillary alive.

All these Gaddafi haters ... please tell me you see a difference between What the USA are doing all over the world on a daily basis and what Gaddafi supposedly committed?

The only difference i can muster up is USA have a higher body count, while Gaddafi, who may or may not have been an evil doer who committed crimes against the people, actually built his country from the ground up to where it is a respectable way of living.

USA have a higher rate of homeless people as well, failure to help all these poor people on the street is a crime against humanity no?

RIP Gaddafi you will be missed.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I find it a little strange that fractured.facade finds it difficult to find legit info for his alleged claims..

I too thought Gaddafi was no saint but my mind is changing now..

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Could any Libyans please post on this thread..

It would be good to hear what you have to say about Gaddafi..

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Its not often I post on here, in fact this is the first time, but I read ATS and the posts everyday and I admit this whole facade about Gaddafi just defies belief.
Yes there are stories about IRA weapons , Lockerbie , Yvvonne Fletcher etc , but all I see is a country now bombed back to the stone ages by Nato and for what ?
I saw a country that seemed like paradise compared to what we now are forced to live with in the Uk, we have oppression here, we had riots in the summer,we have fuel and food poverty our infrastructure is falling apart, who is going to free us from all the corruption and abuse?
A sad time for the people of Libya, all they can look forward to now is disease , famine and more war.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kronix
his death was predicted by eric leigh-pink elppredictions2.blogspot.com...

That's not much of an achievement. He got the dates wrong. I could've predicted Gadaffi being killed by the rebels. Everyone dies if you wait long enough. What a deluded individual.
edit on 22-10-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: (chips)

edit on 22-10-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: more chips

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xavier72
Its not often I post on here, in fact this is the first time, but I read ATS and the posts everyday and I admit this whole facade about Gaddafi just defies belief.
Yes there are stories about IRA weapons , Lockerbie , Yvvonne Fletcher etc , but all I see is a country now bombed back to the stone ages by Nato and for what ?
I saw a country that seemed like paradise compared to what we now are forced to live with in the Uk, we have oppression here, we had riots in the summer,we have fuel and food poverty our infrastructure is falling apart, who is going to free us from all the corruption and abuse?
A sad time for the people of Libya, all they can look forward to now is disease , famine and more war.

Beyond belief. Is Gadaffi now being inducted in the conspiracy theorists Hall of Fame as an Enemy of The Man?

You're forgetting that the Libyans themselves started the fight, as part of the various Arab uprisings against *dictators*. The fact remains Gadaffi has ruled without mandate for over forty years, and brutalised his own people. The country has not retreated to the 'stone age', you're just looking at TV footage and extrapolating from that because you don't know any better. Try living in Libya under Gadaffi, or since you can't any more, try talking to those who did and suffered for it. Use the internet to research that.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceLoveUnity

Don't you think they've got more important stuff to be doing right now? Even if they did, if they said Gadaffi was a bad lot I'm sure people here would label them as disinfo agents. I can't believe the ignorance on display here.
edit on 22-10-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: more

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

You're forgetting that the Libyans themselves started the fight, as part of the various Arab uprisings against *dictators*. The fact remains Gadaffi has ruled without mandate for over forty years, and brutalised his own people. The country has not retreated to the 'stone age', you're just looking at TV footage and extrapolating from that because you don't know any better. Try living in Libya under Gadaffi, or since you can't any more, try talking to those who did and suffered for it. Use the internet to research that.

Any proof for your claims?

I will keep asking that question because none of you guys has EVER brought up a single shred of evidence for what you said.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Agree with the original poster. Let's see what happens with Lybia now that is "free" and soon to be "democratic" west controlled (and exploited) country. The way they dealt with Gaddafi shows they're just bunch of savages and it shows why they needed an iron hand to rule them..

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Originally posted by PeaceLoveUnity

Don't you think they've got more important stuff to be doing right now? Even if they did, if they said Gadaffi was a bad lot I'm sure people here would label them as disinfo agents. I can't believe the ignorance on display here.
edit on 22-10-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: more

There are Libyans who live all over the world..

They are not all caught up in the conflict..

This site is a good forum for an open minded debate on all topics..

I'm sorry for you that you think it is ignorant to ask someone about this topic who would know first hand about it..

I'm not interested what other people would label them...

I can make my own mind up on that..

Good day sir..

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
Although i respect what you have written and i take it that you feel strongly about it but here is what i think.

Human rights DO NOT apply to a mass murderer, he killed thousands of people including women and children, he may not have pulled the trigger but he certainly ordered most of it.

Being shot in the head it a quick way out, if i had him i would make the pain last for as long as possible. I think its funny how he can beg for his life only when he is captured, when he was in hiding his spokesman was giving all kinds of threats out.

My children have already covered this in their history class as current events project so that alone makes your title wrong.

My rant over.
edit on 22/10/2011 by wlasikiewicz because: (no reason given)

Soooo in saying that, all of Obama, Bush's and Clintons human rights have been revoked as well.

I mean if we look at it from your perspective, they are all Mass murderers who don't even come close to pulling the trigger, but they damn sure order it to happen.

Man Woman or innocent child, countless millions have perished under the U.S Regime.

Oh yeah and the torture bit, So what was Guantanamo used for again? TORTURE YOU FOOL!

People are so quick to label Gaddafi a sadist and a mass murderer when he has done no more then what the leaders of your country do and continue to get away with.

Buts it's all in the name of peace, right? So these crimes that the U.S commit should just be ignored, right?

We live in Western society so what happens to innocent civilians in Middle eastern and African nations shouldn't concern us when we are the ones pulling the trigger? But when Gaddafi does it to secure a stable future for his country he is a tyrannical maniac and should be dealt with accordingly.

Some people on this website make me sick, they have the worst biased views in society and thats why this world is all going down the crapper, because of a few nations playing Hero and concerning themselves with issues that do not involve them.

How does your children covering something for a school project make the OPs statements void?

i am sure your children went to MSM websites and anti- Gaddafi websites to obtain the information.

Newsflash YOUR KIDS WERE WRONG, THEY SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN F's FOR THEIR ASSIGNMENTS AND FAILED THE CLASS.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Edgecrusher26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
If the West wanted Qaḏḏāfī dead, there must have been something good he was doing for Africa. The western allies are only interested in supporting banks, businesses, arms sales and oil rights. Is the UN itching to intervene in other Arab states with well-documented civil rights abuses (such as Syria)? The answer is a deafening 'No.'

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Gaddafi was a dictator, and many Libyans say they lived in fear of him (or the police actually), and that says a lot.
He did good things as well, no argument there.

The NATO bombings were totally unjustified and there are many other countries that have it much worse, and look, no NATO!.

As a side note: What happened to Occupy Wall Street ? Everyone's attention shifted to Gaddafi and Libya and it seems OWS has been forgotten for a while, at least on ATS.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
How come that when anywhere in the world but the west when people rise up to overthrow the government they are freedom fighters and when this same happens in the west they are labeled communists, traitors and so on?

Aint it nice to live here in the west? Where all the politicians are democracy loving, upright citizens with the highest level of morals.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModerateSkeptic
Gaddafi was a dictator, and many Libyans say they lived in fear of him (or the police actually), and that says a lot.

Any proof for that?

Originally posted by Mr.Jcury
How come that when anywhere in the world but the west when people rise up to overthrow the government they are freedom fighters and when this same happens in the west they are labeled communists, traitors and so on?

Aint it nice to live here in the west? Where all the politicians are democracy loving, upright citizens with the highest level of morals.

It is western style hypocrisy at its best.

edit on 22-10-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Above image shows the french president Sarkozy, former German Chancellor Schröder, Barack Obama and former french president Chirac together with their former friend Gaddafi. Funny how Gaddafi was still a friend few years ago and then suddenly in 2011 he was a enemy

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

The only PROOF that could convince anyone is to travel to Tripoli and ask people, and see for yourself.
Other than that, it's just opinion vs opinion.

Common sense says, that a guy who ruled for 42 years, with no political resistance, WAS a dictator.
This guy was also filthy rich, and his whole family is filthy rich.

Now, what PROOF do you have that he was such a good and lovable guy, and did nothing wrong, ever ? Libyan statements ? Have you interviewed Libyan people and asked them ?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Fenrin

O let’s not forget that Gaddafi’s money funded Sarkozy’s presidential campaign.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join