It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Opportunity detected an alien disc on Mars? Image: Sol 654!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
A very unusual object (disc shaped) recorded on Sol 654/668 photos - Opportunity Microscopic Imager - lies right in front of Opportunity Mars rover. The object is symmetrical and with a dome on the top.
This does not look like a simple rock...

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Microscopic Imager Non-linearized Full frame EDR acquired on Sol 654 of Opportunity's mission to Meridiani Planum at approximately at approximately 11:19:56 Mars local solar time, Microscopic Imager dust cover commanded to be CLOSED. NASA/JPL/Cornell/USGS

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Mate, there is a rock on earth that looks like a giant penis.

So by your theory there used to exist giants with giant penises that were somehow turned to stone.

Now an alien veiwng a fuzzy picture of earth of one of these might think so if he had a penmises similar ot a humans. So... the answer to your question is thsat is just a rock.

Go have a coffee and join the real world.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Actually come to think of it, ifI look at the sky right now I can see a fluffy rabbit. That must mean that by your standrad of deduction, fluffy rabbits live in the sky !!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
it's exceedingly symmetrical for a rock don't you think? why IS it that some people just ridicule others threads and beliefs? it's rude and totally uncalled for.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

A friendly advice: change pusher

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Has Opportunity detected an alien disc

As your own links say, it is the MICROSCOPIC imager.

Anyway, its just a poor resolution of the insides of the box.

compare with the uncropped version you posted...

How did I find this? I did a search and found this had been posted before on ATS.

edit on 21-10-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Its an optical illusion , the " object " is part of the rover , here's a picture of the same thing on Spirit .

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Im sorry Arken but i have to agree with doggyz here. It really does look like a rock to me but in all honesty it is such a fuzzy picture it is hard to say EXACTLY what it is. When are they sending super high res cameras up there?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It must be something REALLY important because the Opportunity took a sh*tload of photos of that object:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This was debunked in August by Skeptic Overlord:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I say rock, but I also say that Mars has blue skys and is being used by 'us'.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

This does not look like a simple rock...

at least you are correct there

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
I say rock, but I also say that Mars has blue skys and is being used by 'us'.

you say rock?

ru serious

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Nice try Arken, can see how you would make the assumption you did, but as Alfa1 has shown, this is indeed part of the rover itself.

It's not a saucer shaped rock in the distance, it's a saucer shaped rover component.

Thanks for clearing it up alfa1, nice work.

Arken...keep searching man, you might find something truly awe inspiring one day. I found a lot of Lunar anomalies and obvious artificial structures (mainly towers and statues...HUGE statues) myself, so i know what is scattered around the solar system, despite what others here might believe.

Bear in mind, that you will never convince the majority of what is there...only the minority..which is enough i suppose if you're into convincing people...for me, it's enough that i know, others can think what they like.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
As much as I would love it to be a disc or intellegently made structure, it's a rivet. It has the appearance of being in the distance but it seems to me that it's simply a rivet on a support beam.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
it's exceedingly symmetrical for a rock don't you think? why IS it that some people just ridicule others threads and beliefs? it's rude and totally uncalled for.

Because if we posted up on ATS every time something "looked" like something out of this world we would never get any other posts. Every cloud, sandune,sunset,sunrise,moonrise,icy night (ice crystal reflections),nightime flash photo (orbs) etc etc would be here. Instead, you research the anomoly. You cross reference it with other pictures. Somebody already has and found out very quickly that the "object" is part of the rover.

It is sometimes hard to be civil with the barrage of pointless posts by people unwilling to spend a day or so double checking what they have found.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I want to believe - but it stretches my imagination very far to see anything besides a rock

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
Because if we posted up on ATS every time something "looked" like something out of this world we would never get any other posts. Every cloud, sandune,sunset,sunrise,moonrise,icy night (ice crystal reflections),nightime flash photo (orbs) etc etc would be here. Instead, you research the anomoly. You cross reference it with other pictures. Somebody already has and found out very quickly that the "object" is part of the rover.

It is sometimes hard to be civil with the barrage of pointless posts by people unwilling to spend a day or so double checking what they have found.

If? That's pretty much SOP here. And don't bother offering any conventional explanations, lest ye be labeled "disinfo agent", "pseudo skeptic", or "professional debunker". People don't seem to like their beliefs questioned.

And @ OP - it's obviously the Jupiter 2. Or part of the rover.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by xPico

stretch your reading and read the thread since it is very clear its NOT a ROCK

its just a bolt inside the rover

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by xPico
I want to believe - but it stretches my imagination very far to see anything besides a rock

But xPico...it is NOT a rock.

So, you're not even seeing what you think or have been programmed to believe you SHOULD be seeing!

See how insidious the programming is? You see a rock, because you have been conditioned to see a rock...it's not a UFO either, it's part of the rover.

But thanks for your post, it illustrates perfectly the success tptb have had in convincing the majority of people that when they look at images from the moon or other Solar system body, all you are going to see is rocks and dunes, even if what you are seeing is actually man made technology, as it is in this case.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join