It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO on Mars NASA Rover By John Gorman - Confirmed Hoax

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
ADMIN EDIT

The source image used to manufacture this hoax has been discovered and illustrated in this post.

The follow-up explanation from Gorman has been debunked in this post.

This is not a UFO, it's a pin-head or screw-head on Opportunity's microscopic imager assembly.

What is this?
This time we can clearly see the shape of the object. It does not seem a natural formation.

UFO ON MARS Nasa Rover By John Gorman:

UFO(?) at 0:58 seconds:

Would really like to know just which NASA images the UFO is from, because without the image numbers, there's no way of doing my own analysis. Someone could help me with this?
Anyone can find this image numbers?

Thank you in advance.

ITA: Here is a picture of the object:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3472ae3915f7.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 19-8-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Heh.

I am actually a little astonished, it's not often that I look at crappy "UFO Found" youtube videos with much sincerity but I must admit this is somewhat compelling. Having said that I wouldn't rule out tampering/natural formation just yet but it's certainly interesting to say the least!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Man I really hope that's real, and willing to believe that "hook, line, and sinker".. BUT it is a YouTube video.. that is the only thing that compels me from truly believing... good find OP

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Wow. I really do believe that is a UFO. It looks like nothing natural at all, that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It might be just me but it really does look like pics of Ayers rock with its shadow and heat coronas, giving the illusion of floating... if you look at the horizon line you'll see what im talking about. Mind you I would love a UfO too, all I want is to see an interstellar left hand turn. I watch the skies every night.. However this really looks like a rock
edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Those edges are really smooth and most importantly - symmetrical. That looks anything but a typical rock. I just wish we could see a better resolution of it. I have my doubts though because the guy on YouTube basically jumps to the conclusion of a flying saucer. That raises a flag in my mind. It might not be natural, but to assume flying saucer is ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enlightenme1111
Those edges are really smooth and most importantly - symmetrical. That looks anything but a typical rock. I just wish we could see a better resolution of it. I have my doubts though because the guy on YouTube basically jumps to the conclusion of a flying saucer. That raises a flag in my mind. It might not be natural, but to assume flying saucer is ridiculous.

A little color and contrast adjustment shows that it's a rock:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a2e855c338f.jpg[/atsimg]

Sorry.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Sorry.

You cannot assume that the color of the object is the same of that of the ground. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

From a black and white shot, are you serious?

link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I dont mean to be obtuse, but how does that show me anything different to the original footage?

Shading is the same, the object is still very symetrical and to me still doesnt appear natural.

Congratulations to the OP for posting this as well. Sometimes I think people are too scared to post these finds on ATS for fear of the instant page after page of ridicule!

link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Sorry.

I think the effects you used only distorted the picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3472ae3915f7.jpg[/atsimg]

sorry.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
s & f for you

Although there are man made 'saucer disks' this one is different from the images and plans I've seen so far, more rounded on top.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

They are real, it's just a question of who built this one. As Gorman says (in the vid), why would they continue to send rovers there? Perhaps this one is not of American make.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It isn't from the NAVCAMs, it isn't from the HAZCAMs, it isn't from the PANCAMs. It isn't from any camera's point of view that I've ever seen from Spirit. No part of the Rover bears any resemblance to the parts that show in the image.

I wonder why he didn't provide the image ID.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
looks like a ufo to me and i agree with an earlier poster, its not often i look at youtube vids of ufo's with much sincerity, but this one looks about right. Also, wouldnt a shiny metal ufo would reflect the colour of the surroundings?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
keep it up if this is truth, we need more pictures!

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
billbenson.org...

Nature doesn't show that kind of symmetry, come on.....

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Does he say Spirit and Opportunity were at the same location?
They are on opposite sides of the planet and they landed there in January of 2004.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok phage. What does it matter? 2 posts from you to undermine the credibility of what the guy knows and forget what he found? I want to know what the frame shows, thats it.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

OK. It's a UFO:

edit on 8/19/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: pic

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Or is it.... a rock!?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/498e277fd17c.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>