It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In memory of Col. Muammar Gaddafi...For those who don't know, the truth revealed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Akkadian

Proof of the claim please! As far as I can tell Lockerbie has a big question mark over it.
edit on 21-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Misdemeanors? You're freakin' joking?

So, Hitler was a pretty good guy, too, right? You know, once you get passed those little misdemeanors like hauling away Jews in boxcars. Stalin, too. Great guy, got the trains running on time, don't pay attention to the death lists of thousands, if not millions, of people he had killed.

Qaddafi was a dictator. Sure, he did great for the people who supported him, but if you didn't what happened? Wanna guess? I'll give you a clue, he didn't stamp their meal cards, "no dessert."

Not to mention Lockerbie (wait, lemme guess, CIA did that, right?) and the bombing of a disco in West Berlin (eh, only American GIs there, so no big deal if they're killed/wounded).

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I have to say that, to a point, i share the same concerns long term for Libya as LightAssasin, who has raised some very good points.

However, in the here and now, i cannot fault the people for rising up. I just wish that they hadn't executed Gadhaffi (no other word for it) as the process of a trial for crimes committed would have given the whole thing a lot more legitimacy.

Although i have been arguing (friendly style) with LightAssasin, i have also awarded a flag and stars as this is an important issue for many reasons

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Watching that video of an injured and helpless Gaddafi being manhandled and roughed up by his captors makes me sick. Its final proof that a "legal" procedure has no place in the 21st century. Mob fury IS law.

Should Libya turn into a fundamentalist regime that would be a launching pad for "terror" attacks against Europe, the victims will have no one to blame but themselves...and they will just be reaping the bitter fruits of their actions.

My 2 cents.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I celebrate the removal of another ruthless dictator, who demonstrated contempt for his fellow man. Those who think he was "harmless", "misunderstood" and generally "OK" are flying in the face of vast amounts of documented evidence about human rights abuses, support and sponsorship of terrorism and megalomania.

There is a reason why the Libyans turned on him. They were just fed up with being treated like dog crap on Gaddafi’s golden sandals. They were fed up with the brutality of the police state Gaddafi controlled and fed up with the corruption and cronyism.

I celebrate the removal of Gaddafi. I am worried that some people fail to research properly what a nasty little man he was. Suggest they travel and see the world.

Regards

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yeah Gaddafi your hero, i bet you have pictures of Ted Bundy hanging on your walls at home. Some nice masturbation material for you. I'll gladly take my place in the sheep pens with the rest of the sane people who don't get off on sociopathic hero worship.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I salute the OP for being hardworking enough to post such informative thread.

Needless to say, United States and its allies have been killing people (especially Muslim countries) for decades. They've been using mainstream media and CIA-linked "Occupy" operations to dumb-down the world.

I feel lucky there are still few good people like OP out there, who can see the truths in the midst of lies, slanders and bloodshed. God bless you.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Every civilian-slaughtering vile scum of the Earth did some good. How on Earth would they get to power?

He's dead. He was evil.

Hitler delivered the German people from economic bankruptcy and made Germany the most powerful military, economic, and political force ever seen by man....at the cost of millions of lives.

Gadaf is no different.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Actually he was set to recieve many humanitarian awards. He will be honored by many Africans for his efforts there.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I know how i see this story. Its Nato doing their biz as usual, yeah the man was a "bad" horrible guy and yea he did a lot of good things too.
My question is; how many revolutions do the Americans need to watch live to understand whats need to be done at their own soil?
For each time any people rise and goes all the way the western population seems more and moore like pussycats.
When are we going to kick som bankers ass? FFS!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Good job OP, i am suprised there are others who look at it from different point of view.

i cant believe there are many media mind controlled members on ATS. There is world outside you square box of # that you worship, think and about the things that are happening and why it is happening and why people who are 1000miles away are interested in it and why you only seen the "heroic" rebels on outside media.
edit on 21-10-2011 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
this is a good topic, i know theres always 2 sides to things but i think what happened in Libya was too far anyway. We shouldnt have even been in there in the first place. Now today every newspaper front page is a picture of this horrible sight of him in large bloodstained wounds lying dead on the ground, being carried across a town by people. He didn't deserve what happened. You guys say libyans have it bad in their country yet America has TSA on highways, a system that makes you slave and ahve to slave to get eny education in the first place which ofcourse you have to slave afterwards because you need to pay off all those student loans right?
We have GMO foods everywhere, flouride in our water. Libya may not have the best country lifestyles but atleast they got homes to live in, natural food and water to eat and drink and an education to be who they wanted to be. Its more than i get in the UK thats for sure.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
have any other ats'ers been to or are from libya? i would be interested on the experiences others may have had.

i have to say, in response to one of the comments, that the libyans i met had no ill will to the west whatsoever, which i admit was a pleasant surprise

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Like Light Assassin in the past few days I have read/heard different views to those painted by media/govnt of UK & USA, etc. re the truth of life in Libya..and of the truth about Gaddafi.

He was being wined and dined by the creeps like Blair/Clinton/ all of those jokers, while simultaneously hidden hands and evil minds decided how to play him for THEIR own benefit - not ours or the Libyans, until they decided to move the chess-piece and line the world up for more destruction.

Even if Gaddafi was the tyrant NATO and all government sponsored agencies claim - how could BOMBING, MURDERING, MAIMING, thousands of innocents do one iota of good? Are they free now? Well the dead - I hope so - in a far better more loving world than sent them out. Those remaining - no - I fear for them. After all, are the people of Iraq or Afghanistan free? These invasions have shown how quickly and easily (in our eyes),the usual suspects change their target. Just let a few folk wave a flag, shout a bit and NATO has an excuse to rescue you and your countrymen, women and kids, because that's what you were shouting for wasn't it - nice wee revolution. Those who ordered this invasion have no concern who they brutalise next.

I don't buy the lies easily any more. I certainly don't think Gaddafi's death (if it is true), is a matter to celebrate.
This was an invasion of a sovereign country by war mongerers who have lied to us for centuries.. If we were there because we were concerned he was killing Libyans - why does our killing them make it different. They are still as dead/disappeared.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
have any other ats'ers been to or are from libya? i would be interested on the experiences others may have had.

i have to say, in response to one of the comments, that the libyans i met had no ill will to the west whatsoever, which i admit was a pleasant surprise

Yes, of course.

The OP with his praise and "in memoriam" for Gvt. Gaddafi spent a long time in Libya, he is also a very well known expert in political analysis. He knows *exactly* what is going on.

/SARCASM

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by InThisTwilight

I too believe kadaffi wasn´t the monster they want to make us believe, there are countless others who were more ripe for the guilltorine, i´ll check the video you posted later, but sometimes i really feel like you, the brainwash on our loved ones is a hard thing to see, I tried various times to get them to open their minds to view current events in other lights, not just the bull# MSM lies we see on the tv every day. alas, to no success, but I won´t stop trying...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Watching that video of an injured and helpless Gaddafi being manhandled and roughed up by his captors makes me sick. Its final proof that a "legal" procedure has no place in the 21st century. Mob fury IS law.

Should Libya turn into a fundamentalist regime that would be a launching pad for "terror" attacks against Europe, the victims will have no one to blame but themselves...and they will just be reaping the bitter fruits of their actions.

My 2 cents.

Errrm, Libya was a fundamentalist regime that was a launching pad for terror attacks against Europe. Semtex to the IRA, Lockerbie. PC Yvonne Fletcher, disco in Berlin etc., etc.

I agree that the video footage is not pleasant, it never should be, but if you live by the sword there's always a good chance you'll die by it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

eh? care to explain what you mean? really do not get what you mean?

are you saying its a bad thing to ask others to share experiences?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Now, they're talking about throwing his corpse out to sea like OBL.. Honestly, I have a hard time believing that he is really dead. This is the same guy who faked his son's death 5 times. Until I actually see his corpse being torn apart, hanged, or shot I refuse to believe it. Even the picture of his discolored corpse looks fake.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm torn on this, I don't know what to believe. When I saw the video of him bloody, shouting out and just, suffering in the coldest of blood, I felt bad on some level and I did question if the truth wasn't just, changed around once more. I don't know, I wish I did, but then again, I don't know again.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join