It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In memory of Col. Muammar Gaddafi...For those who don't know, the truth revealed

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I would give judgement to the people who lived under his rule

they seemed pretty happy he was basically beaten and murdered in cold blood with no trial

that's a pretty harsh judgement right there

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

You think these people felt that way, that's a lot of 'delusional' people if he was such a tyrant:

Don't always believe what you see on the MSM. Like I won't always believe what I see on youtube.
edit on 21-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ironsjack

Because you also went to Libya yourself right? Yea didn't think so, quit the b.s man over 5 million Libyans loved him for the prosperity he brought to the country... All the woman loved him, free education free health care, cheap oil, life was great until the rebels turned up to ransack the place.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Agreed!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Of course there are reasons to be Anti-Gaddafi and it is even okay
but we should not forget that there was a Revolution in Lybia
and Gaddafi himself was one of the main Leader!

It was him behind the curtain
and it was him who tried something new,
something really Revolutionary, a new Society-
come from medieval Africa into the World of the 21 Century !

Have a look to other Countries who done a Revolution of this scale,
look to Russia, look to China or look to Cambodia-
the blood Sacrifice was much bigger in this Countries than in Lybia!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Well, no i don't live a paranoid life in my nice little town in Essex. I can go out at night and not be afraid, my family members don't go missing or imprisoned, the countries prisoners don't get randomly slaughtered, i don't get put under a "law of collective guilt", not to mention all the other eccentric and sometimes aggressive things gaddafi carried out.

I don't understand this paranoia you seem to have. There's no point saying "gaddafi wasn't bad, THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT ARE MUCH WORSE!!!!". Dude, you don't have the fear of death or the fear of loved ones disappearing. We are lucky, even though the west's economy has been horribly mismanaged and there ARE things that have been covered up in the past and present, at least this down directly threat your life on a day to day basis.

The rebels acted on their own accord, they united against how they were treated every day. Gaddafi realised that people could rise against him, hence all those human rights promises. They saw straight through that.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

'The rebels acted on their own accord'

No, the 'protestors' acted on their own accord. The rebels were a vehicle with a purpose all of its own.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Libya one more to add to the list of nations falling due to the corruption and greed of the globalist.

*FACEPALM*

Corruption & greed of a brutal tyrant you mean

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Because you also went to Libya yourself right? Yea didn't think so, quit the b.s man over 5 million Libyans loved him for the prosperity he brought to the country... All the woman loved him, free education free health care, cheap oil, life was great until the rebels turned up to ransack the place.

I've visited there when i was a small child. I *had* family over there, luckily they got out to join us here in the UK. Life wasn't great there and i know it wasn't.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

'The rebels acted on their own accord'

No, the 'protestors' acted on their own accord. The rebels were a vehicle with a purpose all of its own.

a vehicle of what? Justice?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Are you serious? Do you not get it?

OK. Please sort my posts, using the drop down menu to the left and have a read. I have mentioned it more than enough what and why the 'rebellion' started.

Gotta love that Sharia law too. All thanks to an Al-Qaida governed Libya.

You do know what Sharia law is don't you?
edit on 21-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
"We came we saw he died"... laughter. Out of context, perhaps with a struggle, inane most certainly from a non-combatant source..all depends if out of context, Meh, I don't think so! This is again 360° of Fascism as opposed to a small fascist who lived in a tent. Reason for deletion, cheeky enough to want another USA.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Yes, imagine a United States of Africa and the combined wealth that would provide along with the stability and lessening of the starvation and disease throughout Africa.

Imagine the consequences for the Western World if he succeeded with his plans to unite Africa.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Anyone remember how the U.S. became associated in this mess? Did Libya threaten any U.S. citizens?
NATO does NOT over rule the Constitution. Bush sliced it up,allowing this nonsense.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

After reading through all your post's, i have one word for it.

OPINION.

You do not know of people who have been close or under his rule. I suggest you read my posts and read of my relations to this. I have family that lived there and experienced this...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Celebrate is the wrong word. However, i am glad that he is dead. Shoot at me all you want but i have spent time living in Libya. I have seen first hand the effect he has had on the people living there. I know many Libyans who have had relatives disappear over the years (and still no idea what happened to them or where they ended up).

So, to be honest, you can peddle whatever pro Gaddhafi nonsense you wish but those of us who have seen it firsthand will be glad that it is over. I have said this in other Libya threads: the looks of terror on the faces of some people i have been talking to over in benghazi when they notice police spotters watching them talking to a westerner is something that i never forget.

Neither is the sheer pleasure some of them that i am still in contact with have now that they control their own system.

Also, whilst his economic policy of basically doing away with the old currency and giving everyone 1000 dinar was good in principle, i can tell you from first hand experience that it wasn't particularly popular in Libya and actually caused an awful lot of problems for an awful lot of the people.

Thank you, for the counterpoint (and, keeping things honest)

But, can you please speak as to the veracity of the free housing, education, and medical care claims? Thx.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I don't disagree. I am just saying that his removal isn't being done for the benefit of the population, and if you are even half curious at why I have this opinion then I invite you to look at the 'bigger picture' with a more open mind. Research it for yourself. Look at what else Gaddafi was doing. For Africa.

Short term, maybe this was good, but the long term prosperity is now almost null. The west have their hands in Libya's pocket now. They're even touting about the 1 Billion pounds figure that should be 'payed back' for 'helping' with the 'war' (that was initially just protests).

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

You didn't know about this person until several weeks ago by your own admission. You now use youtube videos to try and make your stance, learn real facts and then you will have a proper place to debate.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I met a man who was his personal interpreter for 5 years, wanted him dead, and had to leave the country when his involvement in a coup was detected. He lives near me in Connecticut, so I don't get all my info from the web.

when a lot of people want you dead, you've been a bad boy.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by smurfy

Yes, imagine a United States of Africa and the combined wealth that would provide along with the stability and lessening of the starvation and disease throughout Africa.

Imagine the consequences for the Western World if he succeeded with his plans to unite Africa.

I wish it was really like that, but big money is already cirumventing anything like unity,

www.guardian.co.uk...

I don't think I need say more.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join