It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In memory of Col. Muammar Gaddafi...For those who don't know, the truth revealed

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Honestly? Yes it absolutely did. But i will qualify that with what i have said throughout - my experiences with Libya are recent (last 2-3 years). People were genuinely terrified whenever they saw police cars slowing down to look at them and i do not mean slightly uncomfortable like people over here get, i mean genuinely fearful of the police stopping and asking questions.

I want to say that Libya is a great country and when this whole horrid mess is over, i would recommend everybody to go check it out. Whilst lots of desert, it is still absolutely stunning. The red dunes are simply breathtaking in the flesh, so to speak, and the people are great. The history is also fantastic and the condition of some of the historical ruins is simply amazing - i put it down to the hot, dry climate.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Gadhafi evil ?? lets think about that
after watching your vid in the op and this one

edit on 10/21/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

If you didnt know anything about Gaddafi.. He was a laughing stock in the past, SNL and things like that.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins

If you didnt know anything about Gaddafi.. He was a laughing stock in the past, SNL and things like that.

Remind me of Saddam
how many time SNL and others movies ridiculed him on TV
demonizing him all the time

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Honestly? Yes it absolutely did. But i will qualify that with what i have said throughout - my experiences with Libya are recent (last 2-3 years). People were genuinely terrified whenever they saw police cars slowing down to look at them and i do not mean slightly uncomfortable like people over here get, i mean genuinely fearful of the police stopping and asking questions.

I want to say that Libya is a great country and when this whole horrid mess is over, i would recommend everybody to go check it out. Whilst lots of desert, it is still absolutely stunning. The red dunes are simply breathtaking in the flesh, so to speak, and the people are great. The history is also fantastic and the condition of some of the historical ruins is simply amazing - i put it down to the hot, dry climate.

I'm afraid the truth of life in Libya will fall on deaf ears, the only "truth" people want to hear is one that confirms their pre conceived paranoid beliefs ie everything from the west is a lie so the opposite must be true.

That's not to say everything from the west is the truth either. Reality is in the middle. Your tale matches the reports from various sources (east-west-left-right) where you can garner the truth by cross referencing.

Thanks for confirming.

Word of warning to the pro gaddafists : do not come to Scotland, you would be lynched! Oh and by no stretch of the imagination is Scotland bowing to the "lies of NATO"!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Well, until there is a viable alternative to the banking system, what do you suggest? They say to the world "we need some medical supplies, will you swap for sand?" or "if i lend you Sohail for a few days, will you let us have some tractors?"

Come on, you're an intelligent individual who often makes some great points. Think about it a bit......

Sand Flavian?

You're surely not forgetting about the billions of $ worth of OIL are you?

You know, the entire reason NATO is there now scavenging over the bones of Libya picking off tidbits of flesh for themselves...OIL!

Don't you think they can trade OIL instead of sand then?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Gaddafi was no saint, but I dont think what will come in the future will be any better for Lybia.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

ya but 40 years of dictatorship? I'm on the fence about this one.

Would you want your president to be in power for 40 years?

Have you considered that some of this is propaganda? I feel like their is no way we can REALLY know.

edit on 21-10-2011 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

You're missing the point i was making. Obviously they have lots of oil but the point is oil is worth cash. Cash is the unit of currency used world wide, whatever denomination. Therefore Libya has to be involved with the financial institutions as they control the cash flow. I was making the point that without these institutions (whatever we may believe about them) Libya cannot function. Without a viable alternative to cash based economies, there is no other option. The barter system is fine for small scale transactions but how do you then scale that up to nation level and then to international level, etc.

I am all for an alternative but in all honesty i would not even know where to begin in dreaming one up. I would go further and say that if most of our fellow ATS'ers are honest with themselves and with the rest of us, they also wouldn't know where to start either.

It is great that we are all aware that our economic systems are unfair but it isn't enough to simply think that and moan. What else is the alternative?
edit on 21-10-2011 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Thanks for that video, this was all new information to me

kinda feel the blocks locking on their places now...so to speak!
At the end of the day...Its all about the money

And btw im not PRO Gaddafi, i just think everything isnt Black and White ,there are atleast shades of grey in between....

Cheers

edit on 10/21/2011 by zoomer72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Yes, I forget, all great leaders refuse a democratic voting system and support a Dictatorship for 42 Years.
Good research to the OP, but you have to be kidding me. This guy took claim to blowing up the PanAm flight. I won't celebrate his death but the world is a better place.....
edit on 21-10-2011 by Akkadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
These little clips may say no human rights violations but I think the fact that his own people executed him and dragged his dead body around in the street speaks volumes over these PR pieces made to make him look good,

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Whatever the case may be, he should have been taken out years ago.

After Lockerbie we should have not slept until he was hunted down.

Good riddance.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

My nephew was supposed to be on that flight but because he had one more day of leave he decided to take the flight the next day. (Good instincts Lonny !) He lost a few friends though.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Akkadian

Proof of the claim please! As far as I can tell Lockerbie has a big question mark over it.
edit on 21-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Do you really understand, at all, what he was trying to do for Africa? Why they are invading Libya and why they had to kill Gaddafi?

If the answer is No, then start digging, or just re-read this thread.

Or watch this:

It's all true.

I know he's not a saint but this war and rebellion has its own agenda and as I have pointed out before, things are only going to get worse for Libya now.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I posted this in Famine in East Africa: Why Does Nobody Care?, but it might be relevant to a thread about the positive side of Muammar Gaddhafi.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by ipsedixit
People in the thread have quite rightly voiced thoughts that could be summed up by the words, "Why don't the Africans take care of themselves?"

It's a good point.

One of the chief backers of the Organization of African Unity is the embattled Muhamar Ghaddafi.

Whatever you might think of him and his record, he was a major funder of parts of parched Africa and one of the chief supporters of "made in Africa" solutions to problems.

Most people in this thread are all for "made in Africa" solutions to problems, . . . but . . . are our leaders in favor of "made in Africa" solutions to problems?

It is a very good question.

Do Hannibal and Annabelle Lecter, leaders of the industrialized world, want a "made in Africa" solution to any problem?

Or would they prefer to design all the paradigms themselves to suit themselves?

If you intended to steal someone's wallet, wouldn't you rather have them on their knees starving to death than vigorous and healthy and able to negotiate a fair deal?

Does this put African starvation and Ghaddafi's problems into a different perspective?

Ghaddafi is a very important guy. (Yes, he's wild and crazy too.)

This is just a thought but maybe those who really want to help Africa get out of it's problems should write to their elected representatives and try to help Ghaddafi get out of his problems. There is no doubt that the two issues are connected.

Africa needs big thinkers like Ghaddafi. We don't need another generation of western backed mini-me's dancing the two-step with our own Hannibal and Annabelle Lecters.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Yep, big surprise here. ATS mourning the loss of another "hero of the people", like Saddam and Osama.

Notice he died like most despots; cowering in a ditch begging for his life.

Didn't take long for ATS to crown him as a martyr.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Well my path of learning about Gaddafi started in support of the rebellion.

Now, as you can see, I have shifted my view.

I'm glad to see some people still can't see past the misdemeanour's. Because every Western leader and the governments they run are just squeaky clean, good, honest, systems run by those caring, loving, politicians that have every single one of our interests at heart.

The reason the rebellion exists is not for the freedom of the people. Having Gaddafi in power is better than what they have and will have in the future.
edit on 21-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
One less scumbag to worry about, lets hope that puke Assad is next.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

Yes, thanks for your input. Sheep pens are that way > > >

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join