It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In memory of Col. Muammar Gaddafi...For those who don't know, the truth revealed

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by something wicked

Libyan people? Are you serious? These are the real libyans: www.youtube.com...

The rebels are not the Libyan people, they are nothing more than criminal mercenaries out to get what ever they can steal, they have been rapeing the true libyan woman and have shown nothing but disgusting acts of violence since NATO helped them gain a foot hold in tripoli and surrounding neighborhoods.

It seems your the uneducated one my friend. I'm not surprised you believe all the main stream media lies and hate this man so much, since ignorance breeds contempt you are a product of their programming.

edit on 21-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

Er, you said you hadn't heard of Gadaffi until recently, kind of shows you will believe anything shown to you. What the rebels have or have not done is not the purpose of this thread, it is about him and his crimes. Wake up, learn and then come back with some INFORMED opinion.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

i dont feel the man should be vindicated, but why is it all the sudden ok to celebrate death. any historical figure that was "off their rocker" and killed for the sport of it should have to answer for the things they have done, and in some cases i agree that they do it with their life. however these people were also mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers etc... and some degree of respect should be given to the INNOCENT family ......

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
While the rest of the world cheers, this thread mourns the loss of one of their heros.
This example of martyr worship of a brutal dictator makes the cheering of his death all the more worthwhile and justified.

Can't we take the middle road? No worship, no cheering and try to be realistic. There are plenty more people in this world who have done worse for their countries then this man but some of them we call friends. We let them have our ports and we hand them our land and money.
What is the difference between the time when someone is called an ally or friend and when we decide to turn on them and call them monster?

Do we the citizen ever know the truth of anything? I don't think so.

Throughout history we see families that are the ruling party of the time murdered down to the children as someone else takes over. The reasons (excuses)are always given as the same...they were monsters, treated their people unspeakably..but then the next monster is sanctioned and placed in their chair and called friend..until...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Yes man, I frown at them. But what is to follow for Libya is going to be no better, even worse possibly. The country that possesses such wealth and resources is now going to have that slowly but surely filtered out.

Lockerbie IS NOT 100% certain. Just like 9/11 and Bin Laden. FBI have even admitted that there wasn't enough evidence to convict Bin Laden in a trial. You really think Gaddafi would have gotten away with it if they had proof.

Gaddafi cannot be compared to Hitler and Stalin. Sorry, but he cannot. You are making some grand statements without providing evidence.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
Colonel Gaddafi you will be missed, i never knew about this man before the media #-storm but since watching all the propaganda and hatred towards him it has had the oppersit effect on me and i've grown to like him.

If the mainstream media said he was an “OK sort of guy”, would your position now be that he was “bad”? In other words, do you just take a contrary view of things based on what you think is “propaganda” because it is what everyone is saying (except, perhaps for some kids on YouTube).

Try to dig deeper. The man was nasty. He had no problems with running a brutal police state. He has lived and died by the sword. Good riddance.

Regards

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

And I'm afraid people aren't looking deeper into the reasons for his execution and removal. The purpose of this thread.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

No mate, he's not my hero. I just see the reasons for him being removed are for an entirely different purpose that isn't to benefit the population of Libya.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Please refer to my above post ^.

I can understand the anger and contempt, but you all need to see through the red mist.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It's amazing what people believe after watching a few youtube videos

Anyone actually been to libya before who is "pro-gaddafi"? I guess not, now don't bull# that you have.

The fear in that country was indescribable. I think you'll find that the "rebels" have had good reasons to kill him, and wouldn't have killed him if they thought that he was a great leader

Common sense

EDIT: not that i personally agree with the way they killed him at all.
edit on 21-10-2011 by ironsjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
He was very close to the USA and UK. The present leader of the rebels. Was rendictioned there to be tortured by gadaffi`s boys, for bush and bliar. If it wasnt for the UK selling him weapons ect then he would have been over thrown long ago by his own people. Al ciada and gang SAS ect made up most of the rebels. Good allies with the USA /UK in pulling this so called revolutiom off.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Thanks Flexy (oh, /sarcasm)

While I don't hold many views about overseas politics because Australia has enough of its own I do see what is happening in Libya and I see clearly why.

I'm disappointed you don't.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

That's one he** of a BS speech.

How did he fit all that hot air in the room? They probably opened some windows.

If I was them I would walk out too.

People forget that even murderers justify their own actions. Gaddafi is no different.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by murkraz

He was a good guy once, became bad, was working towards doing great things and even improving human rights as per UN Human Rights report 2011 on Libya, in Libya and around Africa.

The reasons for his removal, while looking like being for the benefit of the people, was to remove a figurehead who was headstrong and had grand ideas about uniting Africa. This in turn was going to cause the 'west' to lose a lot of money. Disposing of Gaddafi meant shutting up a voice of opposition, removing a wall of defiance, and gaining access to Libyas riches and resources, for the benefit of the 'West' and not Libyans.

I know Gaddafi has done bad things, although Lockerbie hasn't been proven, the Nightclub bombing and other things were amongst his list. His reasons for removal aren't for that of the Libyan people, even though the western world, and Libyans, generally believe it to be so. This move is to line the pockets of the elite.

He was executed, like Bin Laden, because a trial would reveal more about the West's devious activities, than their own.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ironsjack

Absolutely. The difference between what's going on here and in Iraq is that in Iraq we imposed ourselves on them. In fact, polls during that time showed that Iraqi's did not want us over there. This is the opposite. The people of Libya were united against him. Unlike Iraq, Libya will recover faster because the movement itself started with the people. Iraqi's, over time, have come to understand that our intentions in Iraq were good. They also have come to understand that much of the conflict over there for the past several years was funded by Iran and underground terrorist organizations. There're few if any actual insurgents in Iraq right now. Most of them are now the product of smuggled arms and moneys from nefarious groups tied to rogue nations and terrorism.

One other thing I'd like to mention is that I saw an argument that Gaddafi was only going to hunt down REBELS and not civilians. Thus, our actions against him were illegal and against international law. The problem with this rationale is that MOST people in libya were rebels!!! How can you separate a civilian from a rebel if most of the people in libya were opposed to gaddafi? You can't. And that's why we had to join this effort and stop gaddafi.
edit on 21-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrorist

It's good to be objective in something, but not to just arbitrarily take the other side, especially when you know the other side is associated with numerous atrocities.
I was and am completely against the US & NATO war in Libya, but it is impossible to pretend that Gaddafi wasn't a dictator and in power for 40+ years. Regardless of what reforms he may have at some point made, he still has to answer for those two facts. Please do not ignore what I said, I look forward to you actually acknowledging my points. (I honestly don't see how you could possibly disagree, at least in principle)
edit on 20-10-2011 by Terrorist because: (no reason given)

Dictatorship is not that different in most cases then kingship and passing the royal scepter. You make it sound inherently criminal.As for being in power a long time...I don't see that as being a crime.

Many people want this type of government. Even Europe does not want to do away with their remaining royal line regardless of the costs. it is not up to outside nations to make the decision on whether there is a Royal line or Dictator ruling class.

When Libya was freed from Italian rule it became a Monarchy. People were clearly not happy that their King hoarded the wealth after oil was found. British still had a lot of control and US had their military base. Outside forces always pushing for what they want.

I am very unhappy with our government from top to bottom and I feel they have thrown out our constitution and rights and could care less what we want...yet I would not want outside forces to support any rebel action we may decide to take in the future.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The only thing that he was guilty of was not buying into the U.S. foreign policy. You don't play ball you are labeled am extremist/terrorist. Hugo Chavez, same thing

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Eff it.

There is no site for ATS if its swarmed by ungrateful folks who actually think Gaddafi was a good guy.

I remember this site back in 2007, batsh*t crazy but still had some logic and reason. Now it's overrun by Right wing turd burglers.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I've read a lot.

What is clear is that nothing is clear.

This article for example: libyanfreepress.wordpress.com...

Obviously your statement about the 'majority' of Libyans is maybe generalised?
edit on 21-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironsjack
It's amazing what people believe after watching a few youtube videos

Anyone actually been to libya before who is "pro-gaddafi"? I guess not, now don't bull# that you have.

The fear in that country was indescribable. I think you'll find that the "rebels" have had good reasons to kill him, and wouldn't have killed him if they thought that he was a great leader

Common sense

EDIT: not that i personally agree with the way they killed him at all.
edit on 21-10-2011 by ironsjack because: (no reason given)

I think what you say makes little sense. If the rebels are real and not put into place mainly for outside agendas by outsiders, you still can't say if a rebel kills a leader that means a leader needed killing.

That's like saying every assassination attempt by a person with a minority approving it is reasonable. Do we truly know what the majority of the population feels and wanted and are they happy with the situation?

I find it interesting because if a Dictator wants to shoot down a plane he does and says he did. In a nation run by CIA and unnamed black organizations our presidents and leaders can have a plane shot down and lie to the public about it and say how horrible the loss of these innocents are.

It saddens me that most people do not realize their own governments are doing the same as the dictator only in secret and with taxpayer money.

If I were a religious person I would say wow someone needs to take that monster size plank out of their eye before removing the splinters in everyone else's eyes!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Was, a good guy. Power corrupts.

It seems things aren't as bad as the mainstream made them out to be, this from the UN

www2.ohchr.org...

The purpose of this thread is to raise awareness of the purpose of his removal. It isn't for the people of Libya.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join