It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus reincarnated as a loaf of bread or not?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
it is just your personal opinion on something completely irrelevant to my question

Okey Dokey.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I wanted a passage and explanation not a personal belief from what seems to stem from an extreme state of euphoria

Why didn't you say that in your OP?

That state comes from knowing that you will not die once your body passes...

And from the lessons that the "Bread" taught the world... Once he was baked...

Pffhahaha!!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Happy?

edit on 18-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

Yes Happy thank You
but if I want to know about the story ONLY of the bread reference specifically can I start at say John 6:20 if not where

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Happy?

Yes Happy thank You
but if I want to know about the story ONLY of the bread reference specifically can I start at say John 6:20 if not where

I would say start at Matthew 1... Then procede to Mark... then Luke... and then John...

And if you dare... continue on to Thomas....

Any other questions?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I would say start at Matthew 1... Then procede to Mark... then Luke... and then John...

And if you dare... continue on to Thomas....

Any other questions?

Really all of that just for the bread reference lol

Ok so I said start at John 620 based on this link
bible.cc...

But I dont know how to navigate that complicated site, it was made for serious christians imo
do you have a link to Matthew 1 or can I start later at Luke

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yes. The answer is yes. And he continues to reincarnate as bread. I have proof!

youtu.be...

As the bread rises, so rises Jesus! It all makes perfect sense now!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

that is incorrect. at the lords supper, which was a celebration of Passover, the Jewish holy day, Jesus took a loaf and broke it and handed it to his disciples and said this means my body, and with the wine the same, this means my blood. keep doing this in remembrance of me. he did it on passover intentionally. instituting another holy day, in remembrance of...himself to be celebrated annually as passover was...
that is what the bread and wine mean OP it is symbolic of Jesus himself that is all. other than that it means nothing and has nothing to do with reincarnation.

the bible is clear in explaining that Jesus was not reincarnated. he was resurrected in his old body. when presented to his apostles he still had the holes in his hands and feet, as well as the injury to his side.

sad an atheist had to answer the question...
edit on 18-10-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Here you go my friend...

Matthew

Mark

Luke

John

Thomas

And i'd be wary of "websites" related to these books. They almost always come from a bias source....

Read it for yourself...

Find your own meaning...

And let no one steer your path...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
reply to post by karen61057

that is incorrect. at the lords supper, which was a celebration of passover, the Jewish holy day, Jesus took a loaf and broke it and handed it to his disciples and said this means my body, and with the wine the same, this means my blood. keep doing this in remembrance of me. he did it on passover intentionally. instituting another holy day, in remembrance of...himself to be celebrated annually as passover was...
that is what the bread and wine mean OP it is symbolic of Jesus himself that is all. other than that it means nothing and has nothing to do with reincarnation.

sad an atheist had to answer the question...

And the simple lesson here is, SHARE everything you have even up to your end.

Keep on sharing.

SHARING.

The truth is so very simple.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I am sorry I cannot. I am no longer a practicing Catholic. This I know as a lesson I learned as a child. But you could rent "Jesus Christ Super Star" if you want a quick and dirty answer. Its poetically skewed to the 1960's but the story told is the true version of events. And there's no dogma.
FYI I am a practicing, athame carrying Witch.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Brother I feel your beautiful mind is lost here. I hear your music beloved soul.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Ok well that was my version. I think the message was the same though. I didn't quote from the "Book". I at least gave the OP an answer that was comprehensible for him. And I think I at least showed that I understood the message since I could put it in my own words. I didn't have to recite a memorized passage.
BLESSED BE ...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Crumbs guys, come on, stop loafing around.......

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Don't you just hate it when you reach the end of the thread and find out that you've been talking to yourself for four or five posts in a row ?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I can almost picture the racist redneck bible belt inbreds praying that it's white bread haha

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

:sigh:

i apostatized from the church at 12

however i was very studious as a child

the answer to your question is:

you've confused reincarnation with:

Transubstantiation

In Roman Catholic theology, transubstantiation (in Latin, transsubstantiatio, in Greek μετουσίωσις metousiosis) means the change, in the Eucharist, of the substance of wheat bread and grape wine into the substance of the Body and Blood, respectively, of Jesus,[1] while all that is accessible to the senses (the species or appearances) remains as before.[2][3][4]

Some Greek Orthodox Church confessions of faith use the term "transubstantiation" (metousiosis), but most Orthodox Christian traditions play down the term itself, and the notions of "substance" and "accidents", while adhering to the holy mystery that bread and wine become the body and blood of Christ during a valid Divine Liturgy. Other terms such as "trans-elementation" (μεταστοιχείωσις metastoicheiosis) and "re-ordination" (μεταρρύθμισις metarrhythmisis) are more common among the Orthodox.

The earliest known use of the term "transubstantiation" to describe the change from bread and wine to body and blood of Christ was by Hildebert de Lavardin, Archbishop of Tours (died 1133), in the eleventh century and by the end of the twelfth century the term was in widespread use.[5] In 1215, the Fourth Council of the Lateran spoke of the bread and wine as "transubstantiated" into the body and blood of Christ: "His body and blood are truly contained in the sacrament of the altar under the forms of bread and wine, the bread and wine having been transubstantiated, by God's power, into his body and blood".[6]

During the Protestant Reformation, the doctrine of transubstantiation was heavily criticised as an import into Christian teaching of Aristotelian "pseudo-philosophy",[7] in favor of Martin Luther's doctrine of sacramental union, or in favor, per Huldrych Zwingli, of the Eucharist as memorial.[8]

The Council of Trent in its thirteenth session ending October 11, 1551, defined transubstantiation as "that wonderful and singular conversion of the whole substance of the bread into the Body, and of the whole substance of the wine into the Blood – the species only of the bread and wine remaining – which conversion indeed the Catholic Church most aptly calls Transubstantiation".[9] This council officially approved use of the term "transubstantiation" to express the Catholic Church's teaching on the subject of the conversion of the bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ in the Eucharist,[10] with the aim of safeguarding Christ's presence as a literal truth, while emphasizing the fact that there is no change in the empirical appearances of the bread and wine.[11] It did not however impose the Aristotelian theory of substance and accidents: it spoke only of the species (the appearances), not the philosophical term "accidents", and the word "substance" was in ecclesiastical use for many centuries before Aristotelian philosophy was adopted in the West,[12] as shown for instance by its use in the Nicene Creed which speaks of Christ having the same "οὐσία" (Greek) or "substantia" (Latin) as the Father.

source en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
No, most people just don't understand what Jesus stood for... Jesus was the dude who was trying to re-establish a new covenant with god so that people would stop #ing up... The bread is a metaphor for the magic mushroom - also known as manna or the body of christ - it is the same thing the mayans called the flesh of the gods. Just remember that just about everything you've ever learned in regards to history, especially ancient history is probably wrong. Man lies, cheats, steals, etc. - god would never trust man to carry his message so he encoded it in certain plants that you must seek out in order to gain true wisdom, not through any book written by man. You just have to overcome all the bull# obstacles that have been put in your way - from unfair laws to the people that will deceive you... Read Food of The Gods for a better understanding...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

So is anyone going to answer me or has this thread become a freepost?

I don't know where I got that reference from
At the very least can someone give passages that may be what I think I am referencing?

Take this bread and it it, it is my body whch has been broken for you. do this in memory of me.

Take this wine and drink it, it is my blood and has been shed for you and all men so that sins may be forgiven.

^^ paraphrased it's been a long time.

It's symbolism... who the heck ever said jesus was reincarnated as bread... wow.. worst thread evar right after every single elenin and nibeeru thread.

You of all people should know about religious symbolism, the qur'an oozes it so we keep getting told -- but therein lies, I believe, the agenda of this thread.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
This puts an end to the saying, "there is no such thing as a stupid question."

I'm thinking this sets a bench mark

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Akragon

Yep thats about it. No wine even.
But to answer the OP. The bread and wine are symbols. Jesus asked his deciples to remember him when they ate and drank. He wanted to make sure that they did not forget him or his message so he gave them instructions to remember him upon eating or drinking, something that they would do a few times a day. It worked too. We still remember Jesus today 2000 years later. Do you remember his next door neighbor Morty? Nope, no one does.

Morty changed his name to Mohammod.

He wrote a different book about 700 years later, widely accepted also.

but still, all a load of bollocks

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join