It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus reincarnated as a loaf of bread or not?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
Crumbs guys, come on, stop loafing around.......

DoH !!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Ignorant, arrogant & obviously to many drugs & freedom .....
There is no so such thing as a stupid question ... ONLY STUPID PEOPLE
Oh yes I do have a sense of humour
lol but I hope this world will grow to be tolerable of others beliefs, I am trying to be
edit on 19-10-2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
In a few days, your posts will be forgotten. In a few years, your names will be forgotten. Christ has been remembered for 2000 years, and your ego can't deal with it; therefore once again you shout "Crucify Him! Crucify Him!"

Now do you feel better?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
If you're trolling - Sod off.

If you're not trolling - How would he reincarnate while alive? The Last Supper was before the crucifixion.

Good point bro.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Bread? Not what I heard...

farm3.static.flickr.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Why you desguise your hate to christians with such an idiotic question?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
First laugh of the morning - Thanks.

The minute the priesthood grasped the dogma lifeline, they lost the miraculous. I'm actually surprised this simplisistic transformation of 'the body of Christ' into a bread wafer has been an acceptable symbolic ritual for so many, but religion places blind faith before common sense.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by morkington

That's an awesome image. It gave me shivers as I
was listening to Pink Floyd: Dogs. For real!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by kalunom
This puts an end to the saying, "there is no such thing as a stupid question."

It actually strengthens the "There is such a thing as a stupid answer" rather

You are a christian, I am not
You may visit church and hear about the bible daily, I do not
I read the bible when I was 14 and do not remember every passage

But I am stupid because I don't know the answer to whether a fictional character died or was reincarnated?

If I ask you a question about Hinduism and you not being a hindu do not know the answer can I label you as you labeled me?

I'm not a christian either but tell me out of curiosity.... Do you believe in Ganesh, Vishnu, Krishna, Shiva and all those other zany Hindu gods that never existed? lol!

IRM

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I'm not a christian either but tell me out of curiosity.... Do you believe in Ganesh, Vishnu, Krishna, Shiva and all those other zany Hindu gods that never existed? lol!

IRM

Not fond of any organized religion, not even m own
However keep in mind Hinduism is monotheistic and christianity is polytheisitc

thx

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
that is incorrect. at the lords supper, which was a celebration of Passover, the Jewish holy day, Jesus took a loaf and broke it and handed it to his disciples and said this means my body, and with the wine the same, this means my blood. keep doing this in remembrance of me. he did it on passover intentionally. instituting another holy day, in remembrance of...himself to be celebrated annually as passover was...
that is what the bread and wine mean OP it is symbolic of Jesus himself that is all. other than that it means nothing and has nothing to do with reincarnation.

the bible is clear in explaining that Jesus was not reincarnated. he was resurrected in his old body. when presented to his apostles he still had the holes in his hands and feet, as well as the injury to his side.

sad an atheist had to answer the question

Thank You
It seems you are correct, most of the religious people here felt offended by a harmless question

I understand some may make threads to ridicule but some questions are genuine

Not everyone is a bible scholar, some do have legitimate questions

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

To be reincarnated you must first die, if it was his last supper he was not yet dead. Are you trying to be funny becuase you really are,and I dont mean your comedy.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapaEmeritus
To be reincarnated you must first die, if it was his last supper he was not yet dead. Are you trying to be funny becuase you really are,and I dont mean your comedy.

Once again I am not christian

So maybe you instinctively know he didn't die yet maybe others don't
or
Maybe somehow I thought he wasn't dead but maybe it was like an omnipresence symbolism

if you still don't get it then go play in another thread, this is getting annoying

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Im not a christian by any means or stretch of the imagination. But to be RE (as in to do over incarnated: (given attributes of life) you must first die.. I mean anyone with a grasp of English can knows you must DIE to be be RE born.Whats annoying is stupid people asking really stupid questions.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If he came back as a Malt loaf I might have a bit.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Your threads are much better when you quote others. Left to your own thoughts, not so much.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
This is something that is very difficult to find an answer on
Can anyone shed some light on this?

Did Jesus get reincarnated as a loaf of bread during the last supper?

Thanks

I am assuming that the question is sincere.

First to qualify. "reincarnate" is a technical term which does not fit. So, "physically become" might be a better substitute?

Second, "Loaf of bread" is also technically in error, as the Bread of the Passover is unleavened, "flat bread". Think "pita" or "tortilla" or even "cracker."

A year to the day before that Passover meal, in which Jesus took the bread and said, "Take, eat, this is my body" and "Do this in remembrance of me" came his "hard sayings" about His being the true bread which came down from Heaven (in John, chapter 6), climaxing in his saying that if they do not eat his flesh and drink his blood they have no life within them.

During that teaching, many of the people are trying to interpret that figuratively-- to avoid a cannibalistic meaning. There is a verb change in the Greek, which Jesus uses, for "to eat" (connotes "consume food") which changes from the more general form to a more specific form used for eating which connotes "chew and gnaw." He and some of his disciples walk away discussing how impossible the teaching seems to be.

A year (exactly) passes before the mystical (metaphysical) meaning of that teaching is revealed at the last supper.

Next is that word, "remembrance." The Passover rite, for the Jews is not remembering that God acted in the past, but rather that God acts in the past and in the present-- that what God did in leading them out of bondage was not merely an act for their ancestors, but an act for them-- in the here and now.

So it is believed by some (including me) that the "remembrance" is something like the opposite of dismemberment. If someone cuts off a finger in a table saw accident, one has been dismembered; but if the finger is rejoined, it has been remembered-- made present again in the here and now.

Thus, "Do this in remembrance of me." and "I will be with you until the end of the age" suggest a mystical and metaphysical Reality beyond our five physical senses.

So I can address the restated question as...

Did the last supper include that metaphysical Presence of the Body of Christ in the bread (and wine) or was it merely teaching the Apostles how they could "remember" Christ Jesus at will?

I tend to the answer that the presence of Christ remained "only" in the physical body of Jesus at the last supper, but that the mystical presence of His body and blood took place (and takes place today) whenever the Apostles (or their successors) speak the words Jesus taught over the Bread and Wine.

Another answer is equally valid: That when the same Logos ("Word," see John, Chapter 1) who spoke the creation into existence take a piece of bread and says, "This is my body" then that Bread is his body; because the Author of Creation said it.

Mind you, the definition of any sacrament addresses the metaphysical Reality-- beyond the five senses, sometimes stated as "An outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual grace."

How's that for an answer? Does it provoke the thoughts you sought?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Im not a christian by any means or stretch of the imagination. But to be RE (as in to do over incarnated: (given attributes of life) you must first die.. I mean anyone with a grasp of English can knows you must DIE to be be RE born.Whats annoying is stupid people asking really stupid questions.

In case you didn't notice we are talking about the bible, one of the most allegorical book ever written
Christians always told me not to take everything so literally in the bible so I decided not to

Secondly there are many reincarnations in hinduism that don't originate from death
Humans must die first then reincarnate but not god
Krishna for example is a reincarnation of Vishnu but Vishnu did NOT have to die for Krishna to appear

So don't be so quick to judge
This is why it's always better to answer questions politely, if you want to be impolite then don't bother responding

Thx

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

No to be reincarnated you must have died from something to be reborn, go look up the deffinition. Transoformation and reincarnation are 2 very different things. Dont try to grasp at straws from other religions. To be RE incarnated, you must first leave your former existence. Hence the prefix RE.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

No to be reincarnated you must have died from something to be reborn, go look up the deffinition. Transoformation and reincarnation are 2 very different things. Dont try to grasp at straws from other religions. To be RE incarnated, you must first leave your former existence. Hence the prefix RE.

Forget RE

The word Avatar came way before reincarnated and Vishnu did not die to have Krishna appear

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join