It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're in so much trouble...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It's time for the archaic revival - time to stop listening to the lies of man and time to listen to the truth that plants speak... If you want to know what's happening and what should happen next start by reading Terence McKenna and then seek out the sacred plants that have been forced underground by unjust laws.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

If it weren't that it would be because we cut down too many of the trees, killed off too many of the indigenous people and animals who held the secrets of the regions, and because we drained the wetlands, marshes and aquifers. We effectively cut out Earths lungs and liver and she (the planet) could not sustain us with fresh air and water any longer.

If it is your time - it is your time and nothing you can do will stop it.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
One thing that would save the world is LOVE. But the true definition of LOVE has passed from this earth approx 2000 years ago. We are all doomed, but the bible offers me consoles me in these times of despair, and if it brings you the same, praise be God.

Matthew 6:34
"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

John 15: 12
"This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you.

1 Corinthians 13
1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Adding a little post script to my previous...
I keep going back to Mohandas Gandhi. He began his protest movement, Independence for India from the British Empire, with ONE SIMPLE ACT. He made salt. And he led a big parade to the seashore where all the people made salt.

Now this whole deal wasn't about salt. But he chose the stupid and tyrannical British law, which said that Indians had to pay tax on salt which they had to get from the Powers That Be. This whole mess we got ourselves into, is like someone's maiden aunt's attic, that hasn't been cleaned in about 60 years. It's a congobble mess! So what to do? Pick a "corner" and start working. Doesn't matter which corner. Thing is pick it and start!

So maybe the General Strike isn't about bringing the troops home from X or Y nation. Rather it is something much simpler to start with. And it has to be a positive act on the part of the People against the State. Bringing all the troops home is dependent upon Them. I'm rambling, but smarter folks can take my idea and run with it. A GENERAL STRIKE. Maybe just that. Show Americans that the whole country is united in this one thing. Imagine that!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
We have only one opportunity to change course for the better, only one correct path to take.

We do not have the collective numbers, nor will, nor leadership, nor direction to take advantage of that opportunity.

Too bad, it really didn't have to happen this way...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

Yeah well the same people that were "tricked" were also out buying $350,000 houses and leasing BMW's when they only made $45,000 a year. The only innocent victims of our current economy are children and those that have yet to be born. The rest of us, at least the vast majority of us including myself, are just as responsible as the politician and the banker, because Progressives and minorities continue to fall for the same ideological BS election after election, and WE kept on maxing out the credit cards that the bankers were more than happy to give us. Stop complaining and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT IN YOUR OWN HOUSE. If everyone did that the world would indeed change, and it would change without a bunch of ignorant, useless idiot hippies sleeping in tents.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

wow! out of all the conspiracies , thoughts and plots on this site, i think i have found the truth. What you have said, we all have known, but never knew how to word it. The awakining that is to come might be because of your simple heart felt letter. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Wow, nice!

This week i just made 3 of these speeches to various people and some of them actually agrreed. I disagree that the world isnt changing, maybe not fast enough, but it is.

And for the people that thinks that the 3rd world coutries arent controlled by these bankers, let me say that you are terribly wrong, we may not have the Patriot Act, but crime commited by these famillies are simply ignored by the local autorities.

Let me give you a REAL exemple: Here in Brazil, a drunk 16 year old boy (drive age here is 18... yes he didnt know how to drive) was going back home, completely drunk after a nigth of orgy, and hit a pedestrian that was crossing the street, in the pedestrian walk. The case couldnt be ignored by the local authorities because it had more than 45 witnesses that saw everything, so, they investigated him as usual and send the case to the judge. The rulling was "Altought the underage should be held accountable of the charges of homicide, he showed us by hes bahavior that he actually was severally afected by the case, and since our penal system is a corrective one, and having proved by his actions that he regenerated, i shall find him guilty, but withdraw the legal sanctions."

Dont you think that just because you dont know the country that the problems that have there, wont have here. They not only exist but manage to be worse!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
You know, there are all of these movements and whatnot that start with a good-hearted vision, but lack a solid platform that every follower understands. This leads to the movements being hijacked by the mainstream, such as the Tea Party.

Something easy to do for everyone, in a passive way, is to simply stop paying taxes. If everyone does this, that sends the most terrifying message to government and banks everywhere (under a fractional reserve system). Unfortunately, if this is done, everyone suffers (which will probably happen anyways.)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
it seems no one will help us stop the madness.
I hope there are lots of underground groups.
so! griller war fair should be used.
ever thing from groups of tec attacks and
small attack groups. ever thing from bombs sniper attacks.

but I pray that the demonstrations work.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

We're doomed. Too little, too late. People are too selfish to care, or too deluded to do what is ACTUALLY required to save us.

You are right on in practically everything you said. But I liked this statement the best ↑

Now I don't know if you are a Christian or not, but all this going on right now, was prophesied many thousands of years ago, and it is all coming to pass just as the Bible said it would. (It doesn't hurt that history can't help but repeat itself either...)

I'm just wondering when the "kill the bank" slogans, will turn into "kill the Jews who own the banks" slogan...... Scary times ahead.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

I agree with you for the most part in everything you posted in this thread...I however do not believe in the goodness of man nor do I believe that the ultra rich are to blame for the mess we're in...I know that people in general are lazy and non-committal to any true cause, I'll prove my point in this way...Look at any religion you want to, matters not which one...how many followers or rather so called followers does the religion have? Compared to how many professing to believe this way or that...that ratio I believe holds true as well for people to actually do something about the situations they find themselves in...I mean it is well known that the elites or lords of this planet have always felt they were better then us. There is no denying that, so whenever someone thinks they're better then someone else, what happens...they take advantage of them...like 1st world countries do to 3rd world countries...these are simple facts, there is no changing things as they are unchangeable without a catalyst of some supernatural kind...I'm talking a story breaks out that, there is a super-elite that runs the world and every newspaper, television, radio brodcasters and of course internet sites all run the story and they tell us to kill all the world's super rich and then we can earse the debts so everyone goes back to zero as in fight-club(the movie) kind of catalysm..If nothing like that happens, then forget it, no use in killing yourself fighting an unwinnable cause...I personally do not put too much emphasis on this life and I find it horrifying that most people do...that is my belief coming into play tho...If I never believed in something bigger and better then myself...I really hate to think what I would do then...Perhaps blow up a few places the rich gather...providing I didn't get caught first...but hey that's just me

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by christina-66

Christ said the

LOVE of money was the root of all evil.

Idolatry always has destructive consequences.

Whether we worship ourselves, power, greed, ego, social stars, status . . . drugs . . . anything and everything other than

GOD ALONE

the consequences will be destructive. Idolatry is always deadly.

So basically, don't idolise anything other than god?

I would rather idolise a bar of chocolate. At least it is real.

When you finally die and realise that there is no god and that you have been wasting your life worshipping a myth, what then?

Religion is as much to blame as money. Religion preys on our fear of death, offers us an alternative based on what? (Nobody has actually come back from true death) This is then used to control the masses to the whim of the few.

Combine religion with money and you have the backbone of any early civilization and modern society.

Instil fear into the masses, motivate them with hope and success and when they finally kick the bucket, smile a little as yet another individual has complied, paid you taxes and then taught their young what they have been taught, therefore saving you less involvement each time, until the system becomes autonomous and the lemmings* I mean people are spreading your 'word' for you.

I take my hat off to it, I really do.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Fantastically grim and eye-widening....

Even in my 20s as I am beginning my career I feel that I am somehow responsible for sitting idly and keeping quiet in order to gain security and acceptance. Yes, I have my finances, but I look at the rest of the world and find the only solution to the amorphous problem is to eliminate all debt for everyone. I am not sure whether this is a great 'solution' either, as some people have debts they never intended to pay and should be punished as harshly as those who mismanaged their collateral. The present irresponsibility is as cyclical as our nature. I too fear for humanity, but even moreso as I understand my apathetic involvement in creating the economic pandemic. I am sure the system will at the very least stumble and the ensuing chaos would surely be ruled by violence and fear as has always been in our past. My final question is after the dust has settled...then what?
edit on 18-10-2011 by TheChemist1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stephen3267

oops almost forgot...I see other people do this...so here goes...

star and flag...excellent post overall

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

It Doesn't Matter What "They Do"
it Matters What You Do!

I have been on ATS for a while but this is my first post as a new member. I have been sifting through doom and gloom, truth, opinions and feelings for months but with all the talk about the world's and country's decaying condition, I never hear concern about what we do as individuals and how it effects our final destination.

I am not religious but believe that greater are the things unseen than those which are. I was in a car wreck 29 years ago hit head on by a drunk driver doing 85. I had a severed aorta in which I should of died in 4 minutes. 10 hours and 2 hospitals later a graft was put into place first shutting blood off to my spine leaving partial paralysis from the waist down. I was in the hospital for 3 months with class rooms of students visiting me every day being the subject of study at 2 universities. I was even up for grand rounds at Chicago's Northwestern University. The doctor who operated on me later I found out that he wrote the book on modern heart surgery back then. His first talk with me was "You shouldn't be alive and we have no explanation for you." he said "Your aorta was completely severed and nothing but thin air held it together with blood flowing from one end of the hose to the other, impossible but here you are".

The only memory I had from this world was driving and waking up in ICU. The memory inbetween was not of this world. It was what many call a white light experience. I cannot describe what was there for no words are good enough. I had no knowledge of pain, grief, threat or any negative action. It was as if I never experienced them leaving very little memory of this world accept for my comittment to my loved ones and that life was an avenue to bring good into a world that needed it more than the word desperate can discribe. I was given the choice to go back down and continue that life or stay and go home. I cannot describe home but it is not here. If I was able to fully share the experience, anyone would be willing to live in constant torture for billions of years if it meant that you would go home.

We get big...real big like God being the children of such. We cannot earn it or deserve it but rather choose it through selflessness. There will be those who live together in perfection and those who will be all alone forever their own king and kingdom. Our actions and reactions to the world's events will determine this. I touched a desert full of grains of sand called an eternity, my true life, you cannot make a desert out of one grain but can remove one grain and not notice it missing. Why do we try to make a desert out of one grain of sand called our life on this planet? Because we assume an identity build from experiences through limited senses and a limited organic computer called a brain. We are emortal beings stuck in a mortal shell for a very very short time. Why do we make so important events that will pass with the wind when the truth is, life is about what final destination you choose. All the greedy, evil selfish people will get a totallity of what they made important...it's all about me....and all there will be forever for them is themselves. The ones who believe it's about us and being good and enjoying seeing good things happen to others, will be able to share that good forever. No one needs to be God because they know their parent and being a child of such is just fine forever.

Don't sweat the little stuff like what happens in our short life here, rather focus on what happens after here. Whether you know it or not, you are an emortal being and will end up somewhere after this life period! Our bodies are cars and the driver is spirit. We drive around in different makes and models but all the drivers look the same when they leave the car. The only difference is where the driver gets out when the car dies. If the car told the driver where to go it ends up in a junkyard but if the driver controls the car it will end up home.

I hope we all learn how to drive our cars so they don't drive us to the junkyard because we got fooled into the wrong identity making this world all important and handing over the wheel to society. We don't ever want to find out who owns the junkyard, that's where you will say "There is no hope, it's all over". As long as we are alive in this world no matter what's happening, we have hope and a choice of where we are going that no one can take away. We will only miss it by not believing in it.

A Voice in the Wilderness

link   
Occupy is only the start. We can't go on without standing up to them. We are excercising the one and only legitimate power we have in this situation.

As a protester, you will find that your fellow humans are supportive and will freely give you what we need to continue. You don't need to be loud or violent, you just need to be one of many and you need to be persistent.
At the moment, it's a game of staring out. The first to look away or give up loses.

This should be a turning point for the West. While the printing presses keep churning out more Dollars, Sterling and Euros to postpone the collapse, the wise folk are buying tools and learning how to live with alternatives to capitalism and even money.

Protesters must be vigilant for agent provocateurs. They may be deployed in an attempt to bring protests to a premature, violent conclusion.

link   

Originally posted by ignant
aside from savings (of sweat and labor over the years),

why worrry about the corporated world?

America and Europe are screwed but there are plenty of other places to live that are looked down on 3rd world countries just because you might find yourself knee deep in rice paddies at times.

the further, the better. live off the land is the only sure way to survive.( "its pitiful most Americans don't know how to raise or harvest their own food from plantation or the wild, or survive temperate or tropical elements on their own even with lots of awesome natural resources abound.)

How judgmental of a saying...There is no Pity in passed on dis-ease filled genes. There is no pity in force-fed belief systems. There is only ignorance with a splash of Karma! Ignorance is the cause of all the "problems" that have and are taking place in the World, and Suffering is the effect!! KARMA = CAUSE&EFFECT
Spirituality = Science Whichever veil you CHOOSE to see it through....

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines
You know, there are all of these movements and whatnot that start with a good-hearted vision, but lack a solid platform that every follower understands. This leads to the movements being hijacked by the mainstream, such as the Tea Party.

Something easy to do for everyone, in a passive way, is to simply stop paying taxes. If everyone does this, that sends the most terrifying message to government and banks everywhere (under a fractional reserve system). Unfortunately, if this is done, everyone suffers (which will probably happen anyways.)
You make an outstanding point I just had to agree with here.

I believe the overall Occupy movement is walking a tightrope here. Falling one direction is the co-opted sell out the Tea Party became so quickly. Falling the other way lay the obliteration of the movement by force when the politicians on both sides fully realize none of them can claim this or use this for their own agenda or benefit.

If the Occupy groups can stay on the wire long enough.....with public awareness rising....this could just work. I'm betting it does anyway.....I'm investing quite a lot in time, effort and family strife to help see we stay true and stay on the wire to the end.
edit on 18-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

You are correct on so many levels.

OWS in the end will accomplish nothing, because it poses no real threat to the elite. It will serve as a warning to the elite that their scam is just about over. People will only take so much before they explode, and I do think that they have underestimated the reaction of the masses. When the economies of the west collapse, society will be consumed in chaos and the elite will lose their power over us.

What good are high tech weapons if your soldiers will no longer fight for you? What good is money if it isn't worth anything? In the end, many of the elite will meet their demise at the hands of those who now serve them. Mark my words.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join