It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're in so much trouble...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

I didn't say you didn't say 'selfishness is the root of all evil'....I did say, that I didn't say, 'money is the root of all evil' that it was you who completed my sentence.

Good and evil are such subjective concepts anyway....as is selfishness.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Stay postive. Head up.

All we can keep doing at the moment is wake people up. Soon there will be a spark that finally breaks the camels back, when that happens we know ultimately those who are responsible. I am not afraid to say it, the people orchestrating this totally inhumane crisis are nutcases commiting geonocide. They will be bought down and those who follow them. I even think that the people will hang them without trial. There will be linch mobs like you have never seen before and these linch mobs will head for the leaders such as tavistock, cfr, politicians, bankers, period.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

You can't lose hope.

That is the final nail in the coffin. Once people lose hope... then it is all over. There is no winning. Might as well just sit it out.

You think we are doomed, thousands of others think we are doomed, so why not risk all that you don't have and fight? That is what I am going to do. I'm coming to terms with a past life and saying goodbye to my family in my own way because I don't know if I'm going to come out of this alive... but at the very least I'm going to say that I fought and did not lay down to die in front of the tyrannical mass the declared itself my leader.

You realize what I realized long ago, that the system of change we are given isn't a working system. Yet people continue to abide by the rules they so strongly wish to change. As you said, no one is willing to do what has to be done in order to bring about the change we need, in order to resist this world meeting its end at the hands of the lunatics that control it.

People think I talk a big game and they claim that I am an "armchair revolutionary" and that I don't back up what I say. They tell me each and every time I post on here or declare my intentions publicly that "You can't win a revolution". But for every single person that tells me "I CAN'T", I know that much more that it can be done, and that is what gives me hope. History gives me hope, because every single great thing that has come from human beings has been the result of someone being told that they couldn't do it.

"We're going to sail around the world!" It can't be done.
"We're going to harvest the power of electricity." It can't be done.
"We're going to defeat the greatest military in the world for our independence." It can't be done.
"We're going to slam together atoms so fast that it recreates the big bang." It can't be done.

History was written by things that can't be done. And you know what else can't be done? The people of America can't rise up in revolution and throw off their tyrannical leaders and bring about a new establishment, one who honors the Constitutional Republic that was created by the blood of our ancestors. It can't be done.

And so it will. And so I will sacrifice my life, my fortune, and my Sacred Honor if need be to see that it happens. Do not fear because you can rest assured that if the revolution does not start by the end of 2012, so help me god it will begin by my hand.

Not only can it be done... it WILL be done.
edit on 18-10-2011 by gwydionblack because: spelling

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by thejlxc

You did not read my words. You read your own thoughts and projected those ideas into my text. My words are that hope is not passive. It is not something you idly sit and hold. You must have hope to take action or your motion will be chaotic and ineffective. Hope gives direction and stamina. It moves mountains. Faith (do NOT read that word as having to do with organized religion nor indeed even any deity) gives impetus to your actions. Both taken together give you what you need to succeed.

I could argue that hope is irrelevant to this discussion.

What is needed is actions. I understand what you mean, but language has become so confused that I feel it's important to point that out. In my experience, hope is what people use when they feel they have no control. I agree that actions make the difference. Hope can be used against the masses, and has been for a long time.

Be optimistic! Have Faith! There's always hope!

My buttocks.

Here's the thing. Sometimes there's no hope. Deal.

Example: There's a bomb in your car. You don't know it. You turn it on and blow up and die. The explosive is so big that nobody could ever survive. NO HOPE.

That doesn't mean giving up. Fighting for what is right doesn't require hope. It requires determination and action. Hope would be nice, but not required. Trust me. Lots of people have died fighting what they knew was a HOPELESS battle, and fought anyways.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Oh I'm SOOO there. I'm dying with my boots on, trying to do the right thing, even for people I don't know. I just can't pretend to hope anymore. I will carry on. I will do what I know is right, damn the consequences. But I'm not going to delude myself. It will take most of us, and SOON, or hope will really be taken from everyone.

When that happens people like you, and I, may very well die, hope or no hope.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

wow. impressive read man, you should have entered the OWS writing comp, I would have voted for you

At first and with the title of this thread I thought it would be depressing but I resonated with alot of what you said and actually found it kind of inspiring, big change takes big balls so to speak, big thinking from big brains. one for all or none at all right?

Peace,
-TF

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

When I think of a global change I think of 2 strong and inspirational men, each with their own views and agendas yet walking the same path which is peace, Ghandi and Martin Luther King JR. Their small movements turned massive they didnt give up even in the worse of situations and in the end it all worked out. dont giveup man we need every commoner being positive with this.

Right know the movement is being led through the younger generation. WHen us olders rise up and stand side by side with all generations all races and cultures when us odlers get tired of loosing everything we worked all our lives for we will get out into the streets.

OWS is doing good and growing, how about thinking about OWH? Occupy White House. This movement is being kept to tight, wall street=global banking is 1 of the many factors which is distroying our world, but lets think who lets wall street and all the global banks run amuck? The Governments. The governments need us commoners to remind them who is theri bosses, We The People are the bosses of them, and we can get them out. remember this people expand past wall street go local state and federal on this movement...expand expand.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Look I hate to break it to you.

Gandhi didn't save the Indian people. Ask some of them. I have. It's crap there too, even more so in some ways. It's a nice idea, but in REALITY, it did not "save the people". Sorry. I hate being the truth teller sometimes.

I respect King very much, but same thing. The black culture has still been destroyed in the USA. They replaced outright racism with more subtle tactics, Black people in the USA don't have it better now. Hell none of us do. WAKE UP.

They love to tout these "non-violent" examples of things that SEEMED to change a few things, while doing nothing really. I have talked to black people too, hell fought for them, and while we all Respect Martin, he still got shot, the blacks are still oppressed. And?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc
reply to post by Logman

I've talked and I've talked, I don't feed the "machine"....

Thejlzxc....

I'm not going to post much about this, just a bit.
I never try to invoke emotions and I see some coming forth.

I digress....
Yes. You do. You feed the machine.
We all "feed the machine". Hate that cliche but it works.
Do you use Federal Reserve notes?
Do you pay taxes?
Then you, in part, help decide what to fund.

Until every last American decides and AGREES upon this...it won't change.
There is no debate, no rebuttal, no choice.
This is what we all must agree has to change.
We have given in to their system because of our incessant need for "An easier life".
We have been led to the ledge of a cliff like lemmings.
We didn't start this controlled currency THEY did.
We just blindly followed the group without question for decades.
And a faux "Dream" was led and believed by millions.

Well now the truth is out and "they" are scared.
The Internet has helped in bringing mountains of light on the subject.
So processes have been sped up.
Wars have escalated at breakneck speed.
"They" are starting the last phases.
At least, that's how I see things.

We need much more than peaceful protests.
We need to shut this thing down.
It will be the toughest life anyone has ever faced.
It would be a complete reboot and many will perish.
Something to ponder.

And maybe it is out of our hands...
(I truly think it is...but we must do what we can)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
School was boring, was told I had "poor study habits" and didn't participate in class so was a lousy student. I aced my exams and no one liked what I had to say in class so figured that was their problem and not mine. Dropped-out at 16. My strict step-father never approved of anything I did, poor grades in school, etc., but he was an alcoholic so figured it was his problem more than mine. He died at age 46, alcohol-related.

Being a California kid I always wanted or needed to have a car, and since that costs money I always had reason to work. As a dropout I had crappy jobs, boring and repetitive but I pushed through them doing the work until it didn't bother me. Joined the Army and was accepted into the language schools at Montery, but Vietnam wound down and my broken ankle injury as a teenager that gave me an "exempted" exemption came up and offered me an early out so my military career ended before it really got started.

I was just plugging through, working to keep gas in my cars but seemed I would never have any security as houses costed so much along the coast of California. Went to community college got an AA in Journalism as it had the least requirements in the major and freed-up my choice for electives. Eventually took tests and started work for the Navy at a missile test center where the work was interesting and fun even but couldn't afford to buy a home until in my 40's. Finally I had some security but with an obligation. After I worked for them for over a couple decades things were looking bad for the economy so was offered early-out with a bonus in 2006.

I had already been building a vacation home in Mexico and had few debt or obligations, lived a bohemian lifestyle and needed little money so retired over 5 years ago. I was married to my job so didn't see the point in having a family - another obligation I don't have. Sold my house for a good profit but months later the housing market collapsed, after I had long moved to Mexico and hadn't looked back. Now in my late 50's, owning my house outright - two of them and 5 acres in California - I owe nobody and have all my essentials. The bank owes me - all the money I have on deposit, the government owes me - my pension and my Social Security that I should be able to draw in a few years, plus I have other investments and securities.

Most of my life it seemed impossible I would ever reach this point, having security and all. I almost got here by accident. I find plenty of fault with the government and how it caters to corporate interests, but I have distanced myself from that government. I would likely do best if the governments would just muddle along for a few more years until my time is up in this world. If everything crashes I have a few options and what I have leaves me better off than most who will have to slug it out. Worst case, I have lived a long enough and interesting life so find no reason to knuckle-under, let them kill me before I submit to tyrants.

I keep pushing for a better world, waking up people with truths about how moneyed interests work and governments work for them. I keep pushing for personal liberties and taking liberties for myself whether they are granted me or not. I have read here and do not see a coherent plan or any sort of strategy anyone has proposed or make things better. My only suggestions are to keep some personal goals in mind and keep working toward them working within the system by your own rules and toward your own ends.

If the bridge is too rickety to cross to the other side where life's promises might be found I doubt that blowing it up will get you to that other side any quicker. If it cannot be trusted or fixed start building a new bridge first. Others might help you build it. And if I want to cross on it I will pay you toll.

edit on 18-10-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

Wow, what a post, well done and well put. hopefully you'll take the video I'm posting for what it's worth, trying to inject some humor into a very dreary outlook on life.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Outstanding post. I Agree with you. And i want to add that money is not he problem, because if we were more empathetic to others, we would never have created money in first place.

Money based systems are just the result of all of us being greedy, aggressive, acquisitive, competitive, violent and so on. What is the cause of this kind of general behaviour?? I don´t know... Aliens, DNA, who cares!!

But i believe that somewhere within us lays the solution. And i suspect that is really caring about others, sharing, collaborating, not hiding any technologies or valuable resources. I think that´s is called love. How we can reach that?? Well i guess.. just doing it, for god´s sake!!

Alone we are nothing (no matters how much money u have), ... together, we are everything that we want!!
edit on 18-10-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
There is no stopping this. We are headed for the 7 year tribulation talked about in the Bible. Do a search and you will find most of the people leading us are satanists. Satan is a very good manipulator and deceiver. The Bible says they will get their one world government, one world religion, and one world monetary system...It will only last 7 years though. Jesus will come back to earth after that and set up his kingdom.

They evil ones will continue with their plans to kill off most of humanity in their depopulation plan. The Bible tells us they will be successful. Our only hope is with Jesus Christ. www.creationtips.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Wah! It's always hardest before it's easiest yes? I agree everyone has to wake up, but the efforts aren't in vain. Look how many people are waking up and the more protesting go and the longer the protesting takes place and the more people realize just wtf the bigger it all gets till something gives. They(corporations) either come full force which is kind of what it seems like your saying needs to happen, or they simply just can't do anything, because the resounding NO is too much for them to take...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

I do think money matters - but not in the simplistic sense it is the by-all-and-end-all.

We have put a value onto land when people first started claiming it as their own and holding its produce solely to themselves. Today we have a means of living that provides all the services we need but as you spelled out these services have been hijacked by a few and now we are all held to ransom and squeezed to death..

Because of our numbers especially when considering the needs of the weaker components of our society, we have to be able to work to support ourselves. I don't think its the money itself, its the price that's put upon it and the dastardly tricks legally played that are destroying our societies literally from the inside. Demonstrated everywhere by the deliberate cuts to our infra-structure. This has been going on for some time because I remember being narked and writing and complaining, when we were told in the early 2000's that we had to accept cuts to the infra-structure - I couldn't see why with the employment swinging along and money easily available. But now I realize what government was up to then.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

OP, that is one of the best posts I've ever read. It sums up everything I've been thinking. All I can really add is that I think OWS is something that has to be done. When it fails, people might see how truly screwed they are. I suspect TPTB wil try and keep the occupy movemnt in a holding pattern for as long as possible, but eventually people will see how inneffective it really is against, as you said, people who print up their own money.

I hate to say this, but passifists don't get results.They have oscar winning blockbuster movies made about them, glorifying them and schooling us in their way. but who makes these movies?

Unfortunately there's going to have to be violence. As Thomas Jefferson said, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

The Irish politician Daniel O Connell, who was famed for his abhorrence of violence and passifist ways, once said, "The altar of liberty totters when it is cemented only[ with blood". His use of the word "only" implies that even he believed blood was neccessary.Two great men, very different in many ways, but finding a common truth amidst what is probably their biggest difference.

I believe the best way to avoid the worst kind of violence is the same way to avoid being slaves for evermore. We must smash the system.

As OP says, we are addicted to the system we despise.It is like crack. I've never met a crackhead that didn't want to kick their habit. I have only ever known one who managed it, but it can be done.Addiction can be broken, but often a shock to the system is needed.The best shock is to cut the supply.Shoot the suppliers (the guys at the top, not the dealer down the street), and shoot anyone who fills their shoes.

Violence needs to be directed at the source of the problem. Rioting achieves even less than peaceful protest. You want to Occupy Wall St? Then go in there, into the building, and smash up the entire place.Rip it apart.Go to Capitol Hill smash it up.Knock that obelisk.Destroy anything that has to do with the ruling of the world we are trying to leave behind.

Romans, don't wreck your own streets and your neighbours homes and cars.You will be paying for that in hiked insurance premiums and taxes down the line.Torch the vatican instead.Trash it's idols, it's obelisk and it's buildings, which are monuments to human misery (though the library might be worth emptying). Gut that place. Find Mr Burlesquetony and do to him what you did to Mussolini.Burn banks and insurance offices.Do all this in unison and with love in your hearts. Yes I am advocating a violent campaign of vandalism, propelled by love for one another.I know that's too much of a contradiction for some but so be it.

Londoners, occupy the City of London, that square mile of evil.Tear it down. How many of your people must die on foreign battlegrounds before you say "No More". Fight one last war and let it be against those who have exploited you and so many other peoples around the world.
Burn the palaces,dispossess Saxe Coburgs of their massive land holdings, their yachts.End their tenure.Slaughter them.Cut the head off the snake.Rout their cousins in Denmark, Monaco, Spain etc.Why should you bow and curtsey to these parasites? Do you believe they are better than you?

What scares me, particularly here in the US, is that while OWS grinds on with no real results, the knives are being sharpened.One of my friends has already sold up and left here for southern Ohio to train with a militia group. I'm not even sure if these guys have any agenda other than violence and it seems each group is banging a different drum.I know for a fact that certain groups are motivated by fandamentalist christianity and extreme racism and it scares me to think of such groups running amock.

We all know what the problem is..We all know who is responsible. We are simply afraid of killing the vile beast from which we have been suckled.The human race is a battered wife that keeps going back for more, aone who will even attack those who try to help her out of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Your words speak volumes and, I believe, translate perfectly the fears and reservations that have kept true change from galvanizing. We are at war. Many do not realize it because they’ve yet to see tanks and bombs, but the truth remains, we are at war. The enemy’s tools are the greatest WMDs this world has ever known…. Money. For weeks now a quote has been resonating in my mind:

“Democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” ~John Adams

Civilization hasn’t reached its apex, but our way of life has. We can no longer tolerate or survive the system we have, and it must be changed, but this change cannot happen while those who put us on the cliff’s edge still hold the reins, and they will not hand over this control willingly; it must be stripped away.
People are afraid to act because they’ve been conditioned to fear their self-proclaimed “masters.” Even those holding signs in cities across the globe don’t have the courage to do what is necessary to retake this planet. They’ve been enslaved by class systems, religion, racism, and politics, and cannot see that they possess a power greater than any monetary wealth… Free Will.
This is changing though, people are waking more and more every day, and now that people are recognizing the problem, their next motivation will be to act, which reminds me of another quote I’ve been using quite a bit as of late:

“Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions.”

[ Properly starred and flagged ]

~FugitiveSoul

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I get so tired of far left whackadoos and whiners on ATS.

You're at least right that we are screwed but you have no idea why.

It's not some shadowy monolithic, and non-existent, TBTB. There are no organized evil Powers That Be. That's simply far left paranoia.

It's not evil corporations acting in collusion to destroy the world. Aside from the fact they don't organize and act together how stupid would it be to destroy your customer base?

Corporations are not evil, no more so than a rattlesnake or an assault rifle. Corporations exist to make a profit by selling a product or service, that's all they do. Profit is not evil, profit is good. Profit is what drives our economy. Capitaism is by for the best way to insure prosperity for the greatest amount of people in any population.

Socialism and socialist policies are what have brought the world's economys to the brink of collapse. Liberals in Congress meddling in banking policy in the name of social engineering and justice caused the collapse of 2008, or at least instigated it. The banks and Wall St. can share plenty of blame but the root cause was liberal social engineering starting with Jimmuh "Peanut Brain" Carter and the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977.

If you want to know what real evil looks like look no further than the socialist regimes of the 20th century and the 100 million people they directly killed. Beyond that socialism is evil because it takes away, at gunpoint, the fruits of honest peoples labor and gives it to the indolent and stupid who won't work but do vote.

So, yeah, we're screwed but most of you have no idea why. I plan to be on a fortified hilltop in NC or VA when it really gets dicey and try and wait it out while the non-productive underclass riots and rampages when the gubbmint handouts stop. And that's coming in the next few years.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

Uhhhhhhhhh . . . yes and no.

Mostly no.

The evil globalist ptb ARE very organized etc. etc.

Have studied them since 1965.

They certainly have been organized with an operative effective plan since AT LEAST 110 years ago.

Many trace them back 400 years. Some further . . .

The same families with wealth and power. 30 or so families globally.

There is also literally a satanism tie-in that is real.

Yes, socialsm is plenty evil and unworkable.

However, the globalists have been hard at effective work in melding a bastardized form of communism with a bastardized form of capitalism--monopolistic--tyrannical conglomerate pseudo-capitalism--for a long time. They are about to tie their loose ends up and curse the world with overt rule as reigning global tyrants genocidally removing as much population as they can get away with down to 200 million.

It would appear that you could stand to research globalism a great deal more effectively than you seem to have so far.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

You still see a left and a right , and you are firmly camped on the latter.You opened your post with an Ad Hominem attack.Socialism is the catchcry of the demagogue.Your McCarthyist ideals are as antiquated and impertinent as socialism itself.Humanity is trying to move on to a new chapter.You would rather it didn't I suspect.

So tell me what is your dream for the future?Apart from eliminating lefties/commies/socialists (non whites?).

Left/ right/left/right/left/right........................ reminds me of a military goose step.What ever happened to straight down the middle?
edit on 18-10-2011 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join