It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're in so much trouble...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I suspect that if there were a concerted effort to use BitCoin as a weapon against the purveyors of the status quo, then BitCoin and others like it would be targeted by persistent media campaigns, and by infiltrating agents of the status quo. It's an open-source project. That means anyone and their banker can download the source code and find its vulnerabilities. TPTB will not fail to exploit this.

Speaking as a software tester, I find it odd that there is only passing mention of the testing process their core software goes through... and only as a component of the development process (we'd likely call that unit testing, or possibly as much as integration testing, if not simply "Peer Review"). Who are the Software testing contributors to the project? (I went looking for info on how to volunteer some time to that effort, and could not find anything about it. If anyone has seen info on this, I've got some cycles. Sign me up!)

as you can see, my current lack of faith in the idea is not going to stop me from supporting it... but it will stop me from withdrawing my life savings (which barely exist now due to the job situation of the last year), or from accepting BitCoin as payment for services rendered. So far.

Now, as to what BitCoin would have to do to secure my own faith:
1) Have a single central authority for transaction processing - Yes. This does contradict the P2P model. The alternative is to prove that P2P models are not inherently less secure (especially using an open-source protocol and independent exchanges)
2) Have that single authority's transaction processing process WELL documented and publicly available. - Transparency increases accountability.
3) Treat a founding "Usage agreement" document (or a core set of principles contained therein) as at least as sacred as the US Constitution - There are still some rabid supporters of the never-changing constitution... insisting that we must implement it exactly the way the founding fathers wrote, regardless of how many centuries ago it was written. In order to remain viable and believable, BitCoin would have to ensure that certain founding ideas must not ever change. Otherwise, BitCoin could easily become simply another name for what we have right now.
4) Go ahead and play with Open-source for a while... but then lock it down. - There's no real difference in BitCoin... other than its lack of an intrinsic debt-basis. That means it's just as likely to attract the greed and selfishness of the existing system, and some of these may actually have some chops (technologically speaking). Given free access to the underlying code, there is little cover the system could take from someone who wants to exploit it.

Let's start there. I don't want to write any more.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
OMG, I have never read the truth before,until
you posted this. I have no words to express
what i feel right now.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Good post. I hope you feel better after having let this out...

I agree with your thoughts but I don't harbor the same emotions.

I don't know about "we", but I am not doomed.
I can't change the way the country, the world, a multi billion dollar corporation operates.
I can't change the way people feel about things.
I can't change the things they believe, or don't believe in.
I can't force people to tell me the truth and I can't make them do the right thing.

What I can do, however, is stay true to my own beliefs and surround myself with like-minded (positive) individuals. I can be the change that I'd like to see and hope that one or two people follow my lead.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm a half empty sort of guy..

Think about it: Highly intelligent, highly educated men rule the world(Bilderberg) and they know EXACTLY what they're doing. The Tavistock institute and other globalist think tanks have been shaping "Public Opinion" via advanced Psyops for decades.They have been planning a NWO since at LEAST 1913. 9/11 was likely planned for DECADES in advance

The Opposition: Fat men and women sitting on their couches watching American Idol and have probably read 3 or less books in their whole lives and have no clue about what's going on

Who cares about sheer numbers. The globalists are very likely going to win. The only way "the people" will win is if the globalists destroy themselves. Which is possible, given their nature

There's a quote by one of the founding fathers I forgot who, but it went something like "Even IF you fight against tyranny, you probably won't win your freedom anyway"
edit on 18-10-2011 by lllNanoAugmentedlll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lllNanoAugmentedlll

Think about it: Highly intelligent, highly educated men rule the world(Bilderberg) and they know EXACTLY what they're doing. The Tavistock institute and other globalist think tanks have been shaping "Public Opinion" via advanced Psyops for decades.They have been planning a NWO since at LEAST 1913. 9/11 was likely planned for DECADES in advance

The Opposition: Fat men and women sitting on their couches watching American Idol and have probably read 3 or less books in their whole lives and have no clue about what's going on

Who cares about sheer numbers. The globalists are very likely going to win. The only way "the people" will win is if the globalists destroy themselves. Which is possible, given their nature

There's a quote by one of the founding fathers I forgot who, but it went something like "Even IF you fight against tyranny, you probably won't win your freedom anyway"
edit on 18-10-2011 by lllNanoAugmentedlll because: (no reason given)

Awww don't be half empty.

Okay so you're not an integral part of world leadership or domination. But you don't have to be the opposition as you described either. It's not black and white, there are a lot of options in-between.

Not only is my glass half full.... I get free refills

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lllNanoAugmentedlll

Originally posted by lllNanoAugmentedlll

I've always preferred:

“The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins” ~Soren Kierkegaard

reply to post by Skorpiogurl

"Free Refills."

I like that. ツ

edit on 18-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

If the bridge is too rickety to cross to the other side where life's promises might be found I doubt that blowing it up will get you to that other side any quicker. If it cannot be trusted or fixed start building a new bridge first. Others might help you build it. And if I want to cross on it I will pay you toll.

edit on 18-10-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

It's still advisable to blow up that rickety bridge before building a new one. Some people will still try an cross a rickety bridge.Also, another bridge isn't neccessarliy the solution.I do like your analogy though.
edit on 18-10-2011 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
There is a way out of and a simple solution to the mess we are in:

Cap wealth.

Pass laws in each country until we can reach a global consensus.

There is no rational reason to allow a person to amass huge amounts of wealth for his or her personal benefit.

There is no inherent "right to wealth" that I can see. If the common folk have no inherent right to healthcare, decent jobs, food or shelter, how can there be a right to unlimited wealth?

The superwealthy are uniquely gifted in one thing only: their ruthlessness and lack of empathy for others. They are not uniquely intelligent, hard-working, inventive or business savvy. They are just people with a lot of accumulated wealth.

So limit global wealth to $1,000,000,000 per person. When the limit is reached you are economically retired: go find something else to do. Allow those who are currently in excess four years to disburse their excess as they see fit, providing you set amount limits, organization types, etc., and make the transfers tax free.

If any refuse, cut them off from all electronic money transfers within signatory countries: no credit/debit card access, no entering into contracts, no allowing proxies. Force them to use cash only until they agree to play nice.

To justify it, cite public safety and anti-terrorism. Demand that each billionaire PROVE they are not financing terrorist organizations. When they say it's impossible because they have so much they can't track it all, you reply, well, there you go: you agree the limit is needed.

Allowing gifts of up to $250 million to non-profits sounds good with a limit of $500 million per non-profit. It would jump-start the economies of the world in a good way. Allow $500 million for start-up non-profits who would then be eligible for another $250 million from a different source. Think of the research that could be accomplished, the numbers of people that would be employed, the new products that would flow, and how the economy would hum.

I don't see where anyone would lose anything by subscribing to this plan. I can't see where it makes a whit of difference if you have one billion or forty except in your head. Surely there isn't anything you can't get with merely a billion.

If any claim that a wealth cap would be a disincentive for the wealthy to continue working and "providing" jobs, I answer: fine, then get out of the way, because there's a few billion people who haven't hit a billion dollars yet that have all the incentive needed to create, produce and market new products and provide good jobs.

Remember that we are talking about effecting a mere 1,210 people worldwide who control over $4.5 trillion in known wealth. What I am proposing leave them with a "mere" $1.21 trillion and would release $3.3 trillion back into the world economy in a safe manner.

The World's Billionaires-Forbes
edit on 18-10-2011 by apacheman because: clarification

edit on 18-10-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

It has to start somewhere. I believe that this is the beginning of a pan-global, nearly universal uprising. I hear your concerns, but it is beginning to move. It will not be peaceful for long, as TPTB are beginning to freak out a bit and will probably try and squish the life out of this rebellion before it can gain more momentum. Spring will see a resurgence, and the end will be reached by mid summer.

The key is this:

Humans are migratory. Always have been for the most part. Our false identification with things and property has taken the edge off of our natural intuition and sensitivity toward our mercurial environment. We have become very, dangerously domesticated and have developed an unhealthy dependence on our handlers. That's going to take some serious kicking to rewrite the programming. They will have to screw us royally and blatantly before we, collectively, feel the final kick and retaliate.

It is only natural that those individuals resonating with the innate, feral, human instincts...those not afflicted with the "property" paradigm be the one's to move into the initial stages of this revolt. The rest of us will need to be slapped by the handlers glove before we finally wake up. Don't worry....it's going to happen any minute now and you, my friend, will have your bloody revolution.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
Money is the root of all...

Money is also just a bit of paper used as a means of exchange by consensus of the majority aimed at reducing the complexities of barter...

Barter is an exchange system to primarily provide us with the necessities of life. ...and ever more items/services perceived as being luxuries. Poverty is always measured relative to your time and place in this world - not usually in terms of absolutes.

Society, apparently, is in place to ensure that the vulnerable among us are provided with the requirements to live a satisfactory life.

Somewhere, sometime we lost sight of what our time in this world is all about.

They reckon the baby boomers are the most brain washed and materialist generation the world has ever known. My parents are still in awe of the television screen - it's still a novelty in their lives albeit perhaps the most effective tool of propaganda ever invented. Thanks to the rise of the net and our ability to communicate directly with one another in all corners of the globe has fast reduced the efficacy of tv propaganda.

The waged bondage many in the world are forced to endure (including the so-called affluent west) - giving of your labour for the majority of your waking week no longer leads to increased security and needs satisfaction - many work simply to earn the necessary money to go to work again next week. That is a very depressing treadmill.

That consensus about those bits of paper - can't we simply change our minds? Create an alternative means of exchange and a new mind set that regards the chasing of wealth for the sake of wealth as being nothing more than the shallow and vulgar detractor of our glorious humanity that it actually is.

Well said..... many of the baby boomers won't ever wake up.... the types that still see George W. Bush as a heroic Christian leader and think anything said on TV news is absolutely true. One of my parents is fascinated by TV and will passionately speak and argue at length about topics featured on a three-minute news story, despite having no prior knowledge or background in what is being discussed.

I'm not trying to generalize all people from the baby-boomer generation, but I can relate to that particular example.

The MSM presents money to us as this mysterious entity that is far too advanced for normal people to handle. When the banks needed a bailout, did MSM present that story for what it really was? Or did MSM make that story as convoluted as possible? To make it incoherent to the average person to the point that the average person didn't care.

Getting back to OP..... it is tough to have any hope when you awaken to what's really going on in this reality. The global banks, MSM, multi-national corporations and first-world governments are all the same entity. Call it NWO, Illuminati, Reptoid aliens from the Moon, whatever.

Our current monetary system is woefully out of balance as a barter system. TPTB would rather keep the Earth as a miserable dump and control it all rather than relinquish some of that power to the 99.99% of humans currently outside the power structure.

Unfortunately for most of us.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Wow!! Very well put OP, you said exactly what I have been feeling but just couldn't articulate it into words. Thanks!!
As much as I would like to be an optimist about all this, finding it hard to not be a realist. The signs are everywhere. This whole thing is coming to a head and when it goes prepare for one hell of a fight. I myself am one of the ones with guns and ammo and will fight for what I believe is right. Even if the oposing force will just squish me like a bug... Would rather be a marter than stuck in some camp under the false hope things will work out for the better.

I never promote violence but in this case... If violence is going to be used on me and the ones I care about you damn sure better come packing because that is the one thing I will fight tooth and nail to protect. Might not be much like the op said but no one will ever take away my right to live and survive. They will have to kill me I will never comply and never give up. After death I will come back and haunt there @ss for all eternity...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The OP makes me think of a movie called Fight Club. Neat little group these guys are and a good ideas they have. I recommend watching it today or very soon even if you already have seen it.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Wow...well put, but I don't believe we are all doomed !!

DON'T GIVE UP !!
Things are changing, people are changing, the world is changing, the human race is waking up

All will be good in the end, stay positive....thats what the world needs, us all to stay positive and defeat the negative evil energy which has ruled for way too long.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Well Bo Xian I hope you are right. That's about the only thing that can fix this mess - a real deus ex machina.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
We are not in trouble we have simply surrendered our sanity to 24 hour news cycles and instant technology. Turn it all off go to work and come home and realize how suddenly mundane and sane the world becomes. Protect you family, read, sit in the afternoon sun on a fall weekend and turn your back on the madness and the cowards and fear mongers that dominate these blogs. Worse comes to worse and it all falls apart I do not fear any of you. That is sanity.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Thank you.
you have said what I feel.
but as you, I feel their it nothing i/we can do.
even if we did all rice up and fight.
we would fail and that would give
them the absolute power they are after.
they are slowly getting to the point
where they will have total power over us all.

I dont think you have given up.
so what next?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
when people expect or demand that a government do something for them, these people have knowingly or unknowingly handed their freedom and responsibility to a group upon which they will thereafter be dependent on

whilst the governments are likely composed of members of the societies that want to rule the world, (illuminati, masons, mormons, jesuits, vatican, bilderburger) you cannot allow yourself to sit and say, as it is written in Revelation "who is like the beast, and who can stand against it"

those very societies ALL have the same moral code - "the ends justify the means and thus all means are legitimate if they serve the goals of the society"

if this is their law, where murder lying and any other lawless act is condoned, why do we, the sheeple, hold their laws in such esteem when these masters see themselves as needing no law and being themselves under no compulsion to keep it?

food for thought

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Such a great post.
I love this topic and could write about it for years...
Your sentiments are exactly how I see things, albeit with a little less gloom.
I am very surprised to read something that mirrors my own very thoughts.

[snip]
It's all a plan.

It's not about control of the money...it's about controlling the people.
And they are doing a perfect job at both.
If we fought back against this tyranny, which is exactly what it is, we could stop this.
The people can actually do something if they just realize what is taking place.
But they have to see it!
Don't think, "There is no way!"
They may have mass weapons of destruction, but we have hundreds of millions of people.
We can scare and bring down the biggest army...

Herein lies the problem.

You have paid for ALL of this

Don't believe me?
Where do you think your taxes go anyways....?

It's not just about printing money from thin air.
It's not just about the power that the 'elite' have.

It's the fact that we have all been tricked.
Tricked into believing we are free, when we actually funded everything they have done.
We have mindlessly bent over backwards to fund the war-machine.
All because we continue to obey, consume and conform.

Just like good little cattle.

There is a BIG solution...if the people want to actually do something...
They HAVE to stop the machine by getting back to basics.
We have to stop thinking that we can't survive without money.
Giving up this endless, mindless dream for success.
Quit their tax funding jobs and actually put a halt to this.
But we all, every last 300 million of us, have to stop.
Not just 1,000.

[snip]

I'll add another post when I see fit...
Good thread!

Yes, excellent train of thought. I have thought on this issue and the thing that came to me was a GENERAL STRIKE. It would take a great number of us to make it really effective, but it would get Their attention for sure! Where we go from there I don't know. And in order to orchestrate/promote/lead such a General Strike, it seems to me, would require a person or persons who were somehow able to communicate to all of us. With the MSM owned by Them, that will be hard. Even if these persons use the Internet, there is so much on here that it is difficult to stand out.

Regardless, I agree with those who say, just taking your money out of Their banks is not enough. And you aren't going to get the average person to do that. But just think of the feeling of camaraderie! That's what's missing in this whole picture. And camaraderie is what the Occupy people have, no matter what you think of their methods or lack of understanding what the basic problem is.

Can't you just see in your mind's eye a day when everyone in America is in their own neighborhoods, not on the roads, not at "work", or school. But just home where they live and out on the street meeting their neighbors (maybe for the first time LOL). And everyone sharing food like when someone is sick, you know, and you take over food to them? Like that.

Yep, a GENERAL STRIKE, with a thesis. It has to be declared as a protest against one thing and one thing only. It has to go to the heart of the problem. I don't know what that would be but I am sure smarter people than me can zero in on one. Maybe like bring all troops home from Iraq and Afghanistan starting RIGHT NOW!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

I thought like that for a long time. Until I realized that the "wilderness" doesn't exist. If you think you can hide from all the technology they have, you're dreaming. So you'll be in the wilderness as they release the GMO changes to the whole world ecosystem, and your children, or theirs, will be sterile. It's slow doom. If they don't find you with all the awesome gizmo's and just bomb you away. Or send in a patrol to wipe you out using tech and weapons that will kill you before you see them. There is no hiding. There is no running.

This is why I've lost hope. Even people who know what's coming want to imagine "they" have the cool plan to survive, screw everyone else. It's not like this organized evil wont come for me, oh wait....

The best gear they had was used to try to find Steve Fosset, it took them a year and he was out
in the open and not moving and the high contrast parts of the plane were visible from the sky.

Over a year to find Steve Fossets wrecked plane that had a transponder

As hard as it may be to believe, a person who is spider holed is a tad hard to find.

It took ratting out Saddam for them to find him, the tech did not get the job done.

The tech is good, it is not fool proof, I worked in the military on the gear, and as a contractor
afterwards thus I have a modest clue into capability.

So while I understand your desire to get ppl to rise up and overthrow the government peacefully
or not so peacefully, I will be sticking to the plan that has worked for the Bielski partisans
behind enemy lines in WW2, without the aggression aspect.

I will fight if cornered, but I leave the mess the world is in to those who created it.

Human nature isn't going to change just because a new set of humans take over from the last batch.

Consider the bloodbath that occurred after the french revolution cleared out the royalty.

They basically ate their own.

edit on 18-10-2011 by Ex_MislTech because: content

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

Very well put. I'm afraid you're probably right too. As much as I'm now doing as being a part of the Occupy movement here in the Midwest, I can't fault anything you're saying about the distinct possibility it's all too little and too late. Personally though, this gives me direction and focus to put frustration into something constructive rather than just sitting and stewing at the news headlines each day. They do seem to out-do the day before, each morning.

I'm also left with the pressing need to know when this ends, however everything we're watching eventually turns out, I can tell my son I tried. I didn't talk and pontificate endlessly, and occasionally vote to no real effect. I actually got out, took a stand and sacrificed for the effort to at least give one last shot at slowing the train down before it runs off the tracks.

I think we all agree that isn't too far off by economic factors and pure math alone, without even touching on the smorgasboard of doomsday dishes served here on a daily basis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join