It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Begins Huge Military Maneuvers Aimed at Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
and China just announced support for OWS

China: Occupy Wall Street's issues worth thought

BEIJING (AP) -- China's foreign ministry said Monday the Occupy Wall Street movement highlights issues that are worth considering, but that debates generated by the protests should promote global economic growth....

"We feel that there are issues here that are worth pondering," said Liu Weimin, a foreign ministry spokesman during a regular briefing in Beijing.

"We have also noticed that in the media there has been a lot of commentary, discussion and reflection. But we think that all of these reflections should be conducive to maintaining the sound and steady development of the world economy," Liu said, without elaborating.

Now What?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I wonder if they anticipate provocation? I live west of Dayton Air Force Base (appx 65 miles) and every couple of weeks a pair of fighter jets fly over my property on some sort of meneuvers. Its an awesome sight and my son and I always run outside to watch them for the brief instance that they are visible. Well, with that said, this weekend we were really treated to quite the aireal show. We saw four F16's screaming by multiple times, 6 A-10 Warthogs and several Chinook Helicopters. This took place off and on all weekend. Could they be fortifying National Defence, expecting retalliation of some sort?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

legatus pilgrimage ends oct 23 ,tishrei ends oct 21. after tishrei jews cause crisis and war . So there is possiblity that it will happen.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Found an archive of it:
chanarchive.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
The thing is, that Iran is no real threat to anyone, Ahmadinejad isn't even really in charge it's the Ayatollah.

Is that supposed to be reassuring? "Oh, the popularly-elected nutjob isn't in charge. The religious extremist elected by a council of fellow religious extremists to replace Ayatollah Khomeini is in charge."

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by DerekJR321

I think a lot of people don't understand that if we fail, China fails. They can't 'dump our debt'.

Actually China has positioned themselves well. Yes they would feel it if a collapse happened in America but they would switch gears to become a consumerist economy. This would battle the ill effects that they wouild feel on their export market. Maybe all those ghost towns they built were in anticipation of this very scenario. Becoming a consumerist economy would certainly rally the Chinese people in favor of their government.

I'm not trying to squash your post, just wanting to put an additional angle on it.
edit on 17-10-2011 by Zippidee because: (no reason given)

link   
Reply to post by USAisdevil

Jews cause crisis and wars after Tishri, huh.

Got any facts besides your hatred to back that up?

Edit: And Legatus is Catholic, for that matter . ..

edit on 10/17/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by mossme89

Wow he really lost it at the end there. Missed that part. Laughed heartily about a few of the things he said. Still a fun read. You might want to disclaimer your post.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Right now, we should not do or plan on anything as we are a dollar and a day late when it comes to Iran, so the current course of action is going to be saber rattling. Posturing, chest beating, getting the testosterone up, to try to make the other side back down, that is all this is doing and to try to punish a country that has in short, recently been giving the US the middle finger.

Iran is not going to be like any other country out there currently, the best analogy that can be given, think pre World War 2 Japan, one misstep and instead of dealing with just the revolutionary guard, we deal with the entire population.

The leadership of Iran is divided into 2 camps, the military and the clergy, where only 2 people hold the ultimate power and authority, not the president. The President is there for show, and any changes have to come from the people, not outside force in this instance. Too many of the population of Iran remembers the 1950’s when the US intervened and put the Shah of Iran back on the throne, so they are not too thrilled about that aspect.

Iran has many allies around the world, make no mistake about that, they are partnered with China and ultimately some of the more rogue states that do not like the US, namely North Korea and Venezuela. Any attack that may seem to come from the US or backed by the US, could have more of an effect against the US, that any would like, the question is what country that holds US interest, would be used as the proverbial sacrificial pawn in this case.

If Israel, backed by the US does attack Iran, it is going to ignite a fire, as a previous poster pointed out, there are way too many countries, that are willing to jump into the fray for a piece of Israel and a chance to strike at the US that would get involved.

So in the large game of geopolitics and chess, this is just moving pieces into place, and waiting for a bit of vulnerability. The question that should be asked, as it comes to mind, is what is North Korea doing right now, as they tend to be close allies with Iran, and it seems that when ever one makes a noise, the other does something that draws the attention of the world shortly there after, shocking at times.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by USAisdevil

Jews cause crisis and wars after Tishri, huh.

Got any facts besides your hatred to back that up?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

After WW3 .. palestinians will be able to get their country back in its entirely
thats whats happen when a thieft wants more then the moon
in the end THEY GET NOTHING

WW3 will be the last mistake of the zionist madness evil cult that they are
real peacefull jews in the futur will be welcome in the palestinian state
and no one will never ever be oppressed in the future (hope so)
hope humanity will learn of their mistakes

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Ummm . . . thanks for the input . . . . I think

So . . . . do you have proof of what was said, or do you just hate Jews . . . err . . . Zionists as well?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by Ben81

Ummm . . . thanks for the input . . . . I think

So . . . . do you have proof of what was said, or do you just hate Jews . . . err . . . Zionists as well?

Jews and palestinians are brothers and sisters .. proud and religious people
who only wants peace

Nazi and Zionist are the same.. zionist IS the new terror in the world today

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If the US attempts to attack Iran, I can be certain of only one thing...OWS is gonna look like a happy tourist event compared to the demonstrations that will follow. The only thing that would prevent mass demonstration would be a 9-11esque attack (if not false flag, then allowed to happen). I don't think we are looking at WWIII anytime soon without the people having a say first.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The iron sheik is from Iran.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

mhhhmmm.

I see.

Nice parlor switch-em game.

Any other deep knowledge you wish to bestow upon us?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You guys need to calm down on blaming everything in the world on United States conspiracy.

To be honest with you , i want to go to war with Iran , and i want to take out this radical government that rules over Iran. Iran is genocidal ... and yet people find ways to blame the United States. The United States isn't fault less , but you cant blame us for wanting to eliminate a critical threat to America ... which Iran is a very critical threat to America and its ally in the middle east.

You don't think Iran cant get a Nuke? Hell they probably already have one , and them threatening to send a naval unit to the Gulf Coast ... when they could probably already have a nuclear bomb that could be fired from a sub .... o hell no ... you take out the threat.

You guys will be a lot more pissed off if 3 million US citizens are massacred because we did what we did on 9/11......didn't act on the warnings and threats that were made against our nation.

Also considering most of Iran seems to want Major changes .. all we have to do is hit them hard and fast and turn the government over to the people and get the hell out after we secure the country and ensure of course the government is taken over by some one that isnt going to be worse than what they have now.... let the people vote.

I want war with Iran. ill fight it , though i realize i have one life and it goes pretty quick when some one is shooting at you. O well , ill do my part.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

Actually, both he and Nikolai Volkoff were Italian.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever

Originally posted by brindle

Actually, both he and Nikolai Volkoff were Italian.

The russian bear was a force to be reckoned with

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Ben81

This is most likely what it seems to be, a prelude to some type of escalation in the region. Just in case people want to doubt your source and bash Alex Jones, here is a more mainstream story from Israel.

US on High Alert, Conducts Drill in Israel and Saudi Arabia

Always worrying when I hear that armed forces are engaging in "Drills"...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It's entirely too easy to believe that a war with Iran is in the footing. Considering that the US now has troops deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan whose levels will necessarily be reduced in the future, considering the very real likelihood that global resource levels of hydrocarbon fuels are dwindling, considering our enormous energy needs and a competitive global situation, and compounded by having an unpopular regime at home, war now makes perfect political sense.

It is a very realistic possibility that the wars of the 21st Century will be resource driven in a way akin to 19th Century imperialism, as the economy that can't provide for the massive energy needs of its own people will slow down leading to recession, depression, and civil unrest. As troubled as America is right now, could you imagine how the people would react if gas prices were to double yet again?

The government is acting now to prevent that with a move into Iran. There was definitely an alternative to develop alternative fuels and make the investments there to offset usage, but that was clearly not the choice made and it was a bipartisan decision I believe. Between all the vested energy interests and the politicians, they decided to double down and go get the fuel.

Frankly, our government shows the same callous attitude with people here as well. For instance, natural gas development in the US has been exempted from the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, the Superfund law and a ton of other regulations as a result of fears from a 2001 slowdown which resulted in a 2005 energy bill drafted by Cheney that basically spelled out our national policy as get any fuel you can, however you can, and at any cost.

So, in that, this is consistent.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join