It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**fail proof** zombie apocalypse "fortress"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
ok im sure you've heard them all... of course im talking about the "perfect" zombie apocalypse survival home, or fortress,...but has anyone ever thought of this one?.

a house boat.

forget about taking over a walmart, or baracading yourself inside your home, or even living in an RV.

how about a house boat? think about it... a decent sized house boat ia about the size of an average apartment, some can even be compared to a regular house!

when things get ugly, you could simply sail off a couple of miles away from shore, you have all your needs taken care of already. you have a place to sleep, you have a bathroom(if it becomes useless you can always do your business into the ocean).most house boats have a deck, or even a second floor, where you could grow some essential plants, or vegetables.

a great beneffit of the house boat fortress is that the sea is your supermarket, all you need is some basic fishing gear and you would never go hungry!.

if you ever need supplies you can always dock nearby get out quickly get what you need, and go back. i think common sense dictates that zombies cant swim....even if they could, you could always drop anchor several miles away from shore.

i dont see any flaws in this plan, however you are more than welcome to point some out or even suggest a way to make the house boat fortress even better

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

i dont see any flaws in this plan, however you are more than welcome to point some out or even suggest a way to make the house boat fortress even better

what about sufficient fresh water?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
but, what if all assumptions are wrong, and zombies can actually swim?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
reply to post by k1k1to

And also the fact you can't water plants with salt water

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
yeah man.
although its best to keep on the move avoiding populated places. many people like this could probably survive long enough to see the last zombie die from hunger.
just sail up and down some coast, maybe leave a few vegetable gardens along the coast to feed from.
edit on 11/10/2011 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The real danger would be when you have to put in for supplies. You could probably try to have a little garden onboard though...

Still though, I'd have to agree that living on the water (especially if a large body of fresh water), could be pretty safe.

You'd just have to worry about floaters... That could be a big problem. Most houseboats don't have a very high deck. As long as they couldn't get up into the boat though, you'd be pretty good.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Great Idea.
2 things

1. I know in one of the Romero remakes they cross the East river and they are not swimming. Be careful of some elaborate cheerleader type attack from underneath where the zombies will be sitting on each others shoulders eventually becoming some massive underwater zombie ladder.

2. Be careful for zombie fish. After all most fish have teeth.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

reply to post by k1k1to

there are several salt water to fresh water conversion kits and methods out there

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yeah, some minor details you might want to take into consideration.

* Most Houseboats are NOT built for the ocean and will break in half with the slightest waves.

* Zombies although they do not swim WILL be floating around and can climb on board. One thing that we used to do is wax the sides with grease so they can't climb up.

* You will miss the excitement of firing into large crowds of zombies and other "as seen on tv" action. After the zombie outbreak all your friends will have cool stories.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
Great Idea.
2 things

1. I know in one of the Romero remakes they cross the East river and they are not swimming. Be careful of some elaborate cheerleader type attack from underneath where the zombies will be sitting on each others shoulders eventually becoming some massive underwater zombie ladder.

2. Be careful for zombie fish. After all most fish have teeth.

i lol'd at the 1st one.

2. you could have a point about the fishes being infected aswell...hmmm

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Zombies might not be able to swim, but they can walk underwater without fear of drowning, so you may still have a problem.

Is it possible to watch too many zombie movies?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
honestly it depends on where you are at...while a huge lake would be ideal i suppose if you live on the gulf coast like i do a house boat wouldnt be such a great idea...hurricanes and such ...however...using a boat as a means of transportation to say an off shore oil rig..which would be your main base would work well...plenty of room to grow plants...close enough for supply runs..salt water conversion would be possible....most of them can survive fairly heavy storms...and high enough to be away from even zombies that can swim plus you can still fish and they have generators for power and such and communication equipment
edit on 11-10-2011 by johnnygamble because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm pretty sure some of the zombies walking around on Wall Street holding signs can swim...

link   
My zombie fortress will be Madeline Island in Lake Superior off the Northern coast of Wisconsin.

Since zombies aren't warm blooded they will freeze solid in winter, much easier to avoid when they are a solid block of frozen zombie.

Unless there are sailing schools that cater to zombies I'll be in the clear in the summer too.

link   

Originally posted by FriendlyGopher
Yeah, some minor details you might want to take into consideration.

* Most Houseboats are NOT built for the ocean and will break in half with the slightest waves.

* Zombies although they do not swim WILL be floating around and can climb on board. One thing that we used to do is wax the sides with grease so they can't climb up.

* You will miss the excitement of firing into large crowds of zombies and other "as seen on tv" action. After the zombie outbreak all your friends will have cool stories.

you could still dock near shore, and "pick out" any stragglers near by..and still have some cool zombie sport killing sotries.

one thing i didnt take into consideration was actual survivors trying to take over the boat house

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Fantasy land////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

BUT
(always a but)

IF you were fortunate to have a house boat and/or a Yacht
it would be a very good place to have REM, stored dried food, ect. ect.

Then you have the gas problem how are you going to keep the fuel in it..

There are Yachts that can also use sails, so the best thing you could do
is have a sail boat yacht/house boat (never seen a house boat with sails)
Or if you could get a big enough sail boat to live in... Food would be a problem
but you COULD technically fish all day and catch food, your going to have to have bait
though, which is another issue, you could also try netting or trawling..
Just make sure you have at least 100 grand because it will be expensive..

Think about it
edit on 11-10-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
OIL RIG
sorry i didn't mean to shout.
the oil rig is the homebase, the houseboat fortress is the scavenger/survivor rescue team boat.
loot and salvage anything we can safely get our hands on. any survivors we encounter we get to the house boat fortress. once we have plenty of people and things we get more oil rigs. eventually we'll have a survivor army and many oil rigs, military/civilian boats, fish farm, unoccupied(but monitored) inland farms.

once we survive the zombies our army will have all the oil it needs to take over the world.

ps.. zombies do drown, just as if you sevre the nerves in an arm, that arm becomes useless
the feel no pain and can walk on two bloody stumps but they do drown, drown them myself on dead island.
edit on 11/10/2011 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What if the Zombies get their own house boat?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to

reply to post by k1k1to

there are several salt water to fresh water conversion kits and methods out there

i know, but you didn't mention them.

hence why i asked.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

reply to post by k1k1to

Freshwater springs in the ocean. Just need a map.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join