It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**fail proof** zombie apocalypse "fortress"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
reply to post by k1k1to

i dont see any flaws in this plan, however you are more than welcome to point some out or even suggest a way to make the house boat fortress even better

what about sufficient fresh water?

A water-hose...duhhh

Sheesh, do we have to think of everything?

Hey OP, I like it! why not park in the middle of the river and post a watchman,

if the zombies get brave, blast em with yer trusty twice-barreled carbine! (double-barrel sawed off shotgun)

If that fails, crank the motor, oh yeah have two motors!

edit on 11-10-2011 by rbnhd76 because: Dummy redneck forgot to reply to the OP

link   
If Zombies are walking dead , wouldnt they be
swimming dead aswell, considering they couldnt drown.

link   
Storms wouldnt be much fun.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Now THAT may be a serious design flaw!

Dammit zombies are like roaches, can't even nuke em...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Living on water is a decent idea. Why not grab a yacht though? They're huge. If your on land though, id shoot for a water tower or something with retractable stairs.. No ladders..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
OP, I've never considered a boat for anything other than a quick get-away. I'll have to scope out suitable boats at the harbor

Unless they see your boat take off, if you're far enough from shore they wouldn't even know you existed, less chance for the "underwater walkers" to come aboard. I would think they would stay on land as long as there was food there, and how long do they survive after that?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by geekinthepink

I would think they would stay on land as long as there was food there, and how long do they survive after that?

The question of the ages...

how long do the living dead live?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Maybe a large sailboat, for the ability to cover large distance's w/ very little fuel consumption. If you plan to hunker down offshore than you may have an issue. According to George Romero, zombies don't swim, but they can walk across the floor of the ocean, while being boyant enough to approach the surface in shallower waters, not sure how they handle in deep sea scenerios.

The issue you face w/ zombies is the need for an escape route, if they are able to get aboard the house boat than your best escape route is overboard. At that point you have to cover a large distance of zombie inundated waters, which I can't imagine would be fun. Screw Jaws! What happens when a zombie takes a bite out of your thigh? The anxiety alone would kill the average person...

While there may be no fool proof way to survive a zombie apocalypse, I still have to agree that heading offshore should at least guarantee your survival during the initial outbreak.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Zombies although they do not swim WILL be floating around and can climb on board. One thing that we used to do is wax the sides with grease so they can't climb up.

So, this has been a past issue you've had to deal with???

A nice big yacht is great, but once you are out of fuel... A nice big sailing boat, that's what you'd need, preferably one with high sides, so you won't have to worry about any floaters climbing aboard.

If they are dextrous enough to climb an anchor chain though, then we're probably done for anyhow...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
One flaw, Drop anchor and the zombies can climb up it.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ShallNotFearTheFuture

thats why you have a small power dinghy to go to shore, always have someone to watch the boat.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ShallNotFearTheFuture

In what zombie movie have you seen them climb up a rope? If the zombies can scale walls, fences, etc., then it drastically reduces our survival odds....

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
yeah someone has thought of the perfect zombie proof house.

all-that-is-interesting.com...

if you can dream it they can build it of course if you got the cash for it.

this house on other threads around here.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg

ps.. zombies do drown, just as if you sevre the nerves in an arm, that arm becomes useless
the feel no pain and can walk on two bloody stumps but they do drown, drown them myself on dead island.

LOL. me too. i think your onto something with the boat idea. you would just have to make a chain link fence going around your boat too
edit on 11-10-2011 by RebelRouser because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
two best ways to immobilize a zombie

knive to the back of the head severing the spinal column

cutting the achilles tendons

threat immobilized

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Okay I don't see how a zombie can drown when its already dead....I find that implausible, even a zombie apocalypse scenario is highly unlikely. All the movies show that they can't die by drowning.

And What does food have anything to do with being a zombie?!

They're dead, means the have no use for organs, like the stomach and since the stomach is not digesting food like it should the stomach will eventually pop. Then the stuff they eat will fill their body cavities until a hole is opened up.

You always gota shoot em in tha head!

Thats the best way to kill em dead

A house boat is a good idea, but I would rather hole up somewhere instead, just because i am a ways away from the coast. Likely a jail or something, so i can sleep inside the jail cell and like the walking dead hot showers off of propane tanks.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Don't forget the arms, they can crawl and they will bite your Achilles tendon or leg.

Its best just to put them down for good just so they don't go crawling around and sneaking up on people cause they are crawling.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
Okay I don't see how a zombie can drown when its already dead....I find that implausible, even a zombie apocalypse scenario is highly unlikely. All the movies show that they can't die by drowning.

And What does food have anything to do with being a zombie?!

They're dead, means the have no use for organs, like the stomach and since the stomach is not digesting food like it should the stomach will eventually pop. Then the stuff they eat will fill their body cavities until a hole is opened up.

not dead. undead or living dead. if they have no need for organs then what good would a shot to the head do?

they get hungry as we all know and the moan alot so they must be breathing.
they're not magic, just very ill.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It would be all about an armored truck and loads of guns to me. then (since im not a boat person) i would find a high rise building and block off the bottom floors by piling crap in the stairwells. after i would just go floor to floor killing them all until it was empty.then your got your own skyscraper as a base camp
. that or some military facility

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

In some of those zombie movies, shooting them in the head does not work. So it could be possible that nothing would happen.

If a situation like a zombie one were to occur, i would think it would reactivate the brain for basic motor function. Like most movies portray.

I doubt lungs would work because they need blood flow for use and since zombies are dead there really isn't any blood flowing, since the heart wouldn't be in use.

The stomach also uses blood for digestion, so that is also ruled out since the heart is not working.

Its not magic, its what happens when people die, organs cease to function.

edit on 11-10-2011 by Quickfix because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join