It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**fail proof** zombie apocalypse "fortress"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
My zombie fortress will be Madeline Island in Lake Superior off the Northern coast of Wisconsin.

Since zombies aren't warm blooded they will freeze solid in winter, much easier to avoid when they are a solid block of frozen zombie.

Unless there are sailing schools that cater to zombies I'll be in the clear in the summer too.

I'm from Duluth MN, and know exactly the spot you are talking about. Nice idea, Ive thought about a few islands up here in the north, then again, pretty much anywhere in northern MN would be just about ideal to get away.

Been there, took sea kayaks out to the island and I must admit, it is a very cool place!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Best laugh I've had in a while.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
edit on 12-10-2011 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Ultimate Zombie proof house

Here is the architect firm - KWK Promes Its under Projects > housing > safe house

It was brought up in this thread - Ultimate SHTF house
edit on 12-10-2011 by Cybermerc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
the only part of a " zombie apocalpse plan " that will fail is the actual occurence of " the zombie apocalypse " , which renders the plan obsolete

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cybermerc
Ultimate Zombie proof house

Here is the architect firm - KWK Promes Its under Projects > housing > safe house

It was brought up in this thread - Ultimate SHTF house
edit on 12-10-2011 by Cybermerc because: (no reason given)

what happens when you run out of food and ammo?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The best *fail proof* zombie apocalypse "fortress" would be underground. Subterrainian. They can't dig. They can't climb ladders. Gotta' be underground. The houseboat thing ... nope. They could float over and they don't have to breath so water won't stop them.

Zombie termites and worms can't get through metal/cinderblock.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
A Sail submarine would be more realistic, but you would need to fully understand the fundamentals of sailing and submarines and be a good craftsman with enough expertise to trust your life to it...oh and about $20,000 for on-board equipment and materials you decided to build with?

New Zealand would be the best place to hang out due to its covert coves and "Food and Water O Plenty"

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
what if a zombie bit a shark or a fish
do you guys think all the marine life would eventually go zombie? then what?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
i never thought about this.

it'll be scary living at sea tho at night, in the dark just "out there".
but, if you're a dude like me....
ill need a chick aboard.
company.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

As long as it takes for their body to fully rot away could be a couple months could be 10 years either way it's gonna be a rough time. It'll just end up being a game of who can survive the longest before they die or end up infected, a boat sounds like it'd be a good time for a little bit at least hahaha

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The Indian astrologers may have been off by a year, but close to the end of the world prediction about turmoil and violence. I like the idea of going to the little islands on Lake Superior (or a beautiful coast area) or Sturgeon bay wisconsin. Drink some wine on a ferry, and find a high place to knock out some of these Devils. Probably smell the zombies from miles off with their deadly rotting armpit smell.
edit on 30-12-2011 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
ok im sure you've heard them all... of course im talking about the "perfect" zombie apocalypse survival home, or fortress,...but has anyone ever thought of this one?.

a house boat.

forget about taking over a walmart, or baracading yourself inside your home, or even living in an RV.

how about a house boat? think about it... a decent sized house boat ia about the size of an average apartment, some can even be compared to a regular house!

when things get ugly, you could simply sail off a couple of miles away from shore, you have all your needs taken care of already. you have a place to sleep, you have a bathroom(if it becomes useless you can always do your business into the ocean).most house boats have a deck, or even a second floor, where you could grow some essential plants, or vegetables.

'For you were called to freedom, brethren; only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love be servants of one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." But if you bite and devour one another take heed that you are not consumed by one another.
But I say, walk by the spirit, and do not gratify the desires of the flesh.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The best *fail proof* zombie apocalypse "fortress" would be underground. Subterrainian. They can't dig. They can't climb ladders. Gotta' be underground. The houseboat thing ... nope. They could float over and they don't have to breath so water won't stop them.

Zombie termites and worms can't get through metal/cinderblock.

That gives more credibility to the Underground Bases (D.U.M.B.S) theory the military and the Elites. I hope the plan backfires on the puppet masters someway. They couldn't build the bases without coc aine money anyway, perhaps some of it was laced with zombie syndrome.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

I like the houseboat idea to get away. Most roads may be blocked so get away by boat with supplies.In saltwater you can use desalinators to create fresh water.siphon gas out of boats that owners have abandoned.maybe you can make it to the cargo ships anchored offshore

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg

Originally posted by Quickfix
Okay I don't see how a zombie can drown when its already dead....I find that implausible, even a zombie apocalypse scenario is highly unlikely. All the movies show that they can't die by drowning.

And What does food have anything to do with being a zombie?!

They're dead, means the have no use for organs, like the stomach and since the stomach is not digesting food like it should the stomach will eventually pop. Then the stuff they eat will fill their body cavities until a hole is opened up.

not dead. undead or living dead. if they have no need for organs then what good would a shot to the head do?

they get hungry as we all know and the moan alot so they must be breathing.
they're not magic, just very ill.

They are not dead.."they are mostly dead"

A quick trip too a small island with a house boat to run sorties sounds perfect
edit on 29-1-2012 by lostsock because: typo

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

I only read your first post of this tread...OK so a house boat, well what about fuel? Its not a sail boat.
If you fear zombies, get out and see the outside, I don't think those are EVER going to be a problem.
Water, you cannot drink salt water, so what do you do?
You will get wiped out in the first big storm...house boats suck with big waves!!! Go drive a pontoon on a windy day, and you'll begin to see what I mean.
Plants grown on the 2nd deck? How big of a boat you going to have? Do you realize how much fresh water and space that would take to do? I don't think you do.
Who is with you? someone needs to be up to watch for dangers 24/7..to stear the boat, to watch for rogue waves, to make sure you stay headed in the right direction, to watch of dangers underwater...like rocks and shallow reefs...I see a lot of headaches in your plan...its my .02 cents...BTW I am a boat captain.
edit on 29-1-2012 by saltdog because: spelling

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
underground would be the ideal way to go, i'm saving up as much cash as i can to invest in a silo home, really a freaking brilliant idea, if you think about it the average decommissioned cold war missile silo would cost about 18 million to construct an essentially zombie apocalypse proof home, many even earthquake proof, IMO the way to go would be this way, the properties are surprisingly affordable as well......

www.silohome.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If the world experienced an UNDEAD zombie apocalypse, it wouldn't take long for something very unexpected to clean it up within DAYs if not HOURS

Whats that you say? Guns? Ninjas? The military? Nope...

Bugs that eat rotting flesh www.ehow.com...

. Good luck being undead, rotting and moving and being exposed to bugs eating your flesh right down to the bone. This is also something that makes me angry in every-single zombie movie, the lack of bugs.

We all know bone cant move by itself.

The only zombies that could work would be some sort of parasite that hijacks the brain and makes us do things we wouldn't do. the scary part is, these exist en.wikipedia.org... (in rodents to cats ro people) and a suicide grasshopper parasite news.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 30-1-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join